Baron Helmut Zemo

Post your favorite non-mainstream character

He'll never get the love he deserves.

Now im surprised John never did anything with him

They're just going to ruin him in the films

Too bad the film didn't make any money back

Zemo's not mainstream anymore?

He was in the last movie

I know I just wonder why in OP's post he's not considered mainstream?

Brobably because he was pretty lackluster as far as noticability and most people couldn't name the villain in it if they wanted to. I know my normie friends had no idea who he was.

Fuck Marvel for what they did to him and the Mandarin

Dude, he appeared in Civil War and no one knew who the fuck he was. I explained that was Baron Zemo and most of those fucks were like, "Wait, what?"

As for characters I fucking adore?

They did not even give any back story to his father.
lets just throw away the entire story of back in 1930's with Red Skull, OG Zemo/ chemical X, Baron Strucker, Arnim Zola & Crimson dynamo. The list goes on. Fuck this adapt for film bullshit

Can't offend the Communist Chinese

So Blue Beatle or Booster Gold?

He was just a generic solider on a revenge run.

I'm almost sure he was supposed to be his own character, like… the big reveal of the movie would be that a single civilian got closer to defeat the Avengers than Loki and Ultron.

But Marvel told them to make Zemo the villain in the last minute.

Good call

They announced he was Zemo way, way, way in advance so I doubt it.

Both

Honestly it didn't add up to anything, anyone could've had his role.

I agree, but I think they planned for it to be Zemo all along. It doesn't make much sense to have it be him, but it wasn't a late decision on their part, at least there's no evidence pointing to it. He was in very early cast lists.

That always bugged me. Why give them the name of a famous character when the character of the movie is nothing like that at all. Its like when Harry Osborns secretary in Amazing Spiderman 2 turned out to be the Black Cat but she doesn't do anything in the movie so why call her that?

Honestly, I always wondered how to do the Mandarin for an Iron Man movies. How would they do his rings?

I don't mind when they give a name to a background character when it's obvious they don't intend to use them in the main plot. It's just an okay Easter egg. But Zemo's case I unforgivable

Yup, his star burned to bright to fast

The Human Bomb

Kaput and Zösky

They're gonna fuck it up

I always liked Atlee as Terra and Ambush Bug. Another characters were Astro and Mantis, but they are not that obscure now because of Guardians of the Galaxy films.

Always liked Jean-Paul Valley. I'm glad DC isn't paying attention to him at this point.

A real miracle

The Dog Welder

Autism in it's true form

Is this some sort of Canadian television show?

The Adventures of Pete & Pete

loved that show

Kek

What comic is the from user?

Never heard of it.

Hitman.

Didn't zemo try to turn good and be a hero one time? Did I imagine that? Seems like every villian does that at least once

He was Citizen V with the original Thunderbolts.

Yup Citizen V

Hardest part about not reading Marvel anymore is losing Moon Knight.

Why did you stop user? How did that make you feel?

Because the company's run and populated by idiots. I felt enraged.

Is the new Moon Knight any good?

I had only read like 3 or 4 issues into it but yeah it was pretty good.

Cobra Commander's Son.

He had a son?

S-…story time?

I love it

I love Tombstone, too. Another reason why Spectacular Spider-Man was the best animated Spidey show.

Depends,at one point on there's an asylum arc that just keeps going and going with the "is just a Dream?" for way too fucking long.After already "finishing" with the Asylum.
Last I've seen of him it's still the same thing,only now it's a movie set with him as an actor.

What do you mean by "non-mainstream"?
Because all I see here are Marvel and DC superheroes. That's the definition of mainstream IMO.

Ask anyone and they will have no clue who the fuck he is. Especially in that movie

See

Katie Power.

Fuck yeah, Tombstone is badass. He should have been in Netflix Daredevil

He'll probably come up in Iron Fist or The Defenders.

Yeah, after Cobra Commander left his wife he went across the nation running scams, pyramid schemes and gaining money to build Cobra. As Billy saw this he rebelled against his father only to get captured by Stormshadow. There's a bunch of other stuff but he has a very long and complicated history with his father.

I wonder if they'll do Hammerhead.

They would probably fuck up the special effects and he would look dumb.

I remember there was some gangster from the Dick Tracy movie that looked like Hammerhead. So would it look as cringy as that?

Kek, Flattop

It'd be OK if he just looked like Boris Karloff Frankenstein crossed with Edward G. Robinson.

I was thinking of Jack Burton due to the shirt but yeah I can see the Snake Plissken angle too.

It was a ploy

He was in EMH and Avengers Assemble.

So no, he's not an overlooked villain.

Show him to most people and they would say "That's um, Spiderman?"

So is Arnim Zola but just cause they add them in one or 2 episodes does not mean anything user.
That's like saying all the "Villains" in Batman the brave and the bold are not overlooked.

But with Batman Brave And The Bold that was kinda the point, the series was based on the Silver Age Batman and let's be real here, he fought stupid villains every day of the week during the silver age.

Zemo and Zola are considered part of Cap's main gallery of villains, Strucker is more obscure as he always is considered Zemo light.

I thought Strucker was more of Nick Fury's villain?

Funny enough my sister confused Deadpool with spiderman once.

ONCE.

well yeah she's not much of a comic book fan.