It's summer Vapoursynth thread!

I thought mpc + madvr was good, but this shit is fucking insane. So which plugin filter should I use to get 9000p HD quality on my mpv Holla Forums.

vpy.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/fK0KD
github.com/4re/vapoursynth-portage)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vapoursynth is mostly used for repairing then encoding, not realtime enhancing. QTGMC, derainbowing and all.
But I still use awarpsharp2 for anime BDs with too thick lines.

checked

Spoon feed me why I should care.

What is madvr, awarpsharp2, and vapoursynth? Also archive link since op is faggot. archive.fo/fK0KD

This is just what Avisynth became. It's a simple scripting language for editing video that also acts as a frame server. So you can feed the output directly into any other application that you want. It isn't intended for real-time applications.

Post yfw wincucks are still using Avisynth.

Last I checked Windows XP/7 still provided the best use of codecs and plug-ins while staying out of my way most of the time. I'm hopeful the GNU side of things will catch up, Vapoursynth has improved a lot since I last looked at it. Once it's good enough, might already be, then I'll be able to ditch Windows on machines where I can't do GPU passthrough. I've been wanting to build another computer for video stuff and run GNU/Linux on it (probably Gentoo) for awhile now but it wasn't good enough to replace my work flow under Windows that last time I tried to do it around 3 years ago. I should have held out longer because now I'm stuck with a botnet CPU that won't even do VT-d because it has an unlocked multiplier.

I really want a dual-CPU with at least 16 cores on each socket and as many GPUs as I can fit in there. Probably one GPU with good driver support in linux, another for Windows VMs, and whatever else I can fit in just for raw grunt work. There is always a catch every time I attempt to build a system like that and right now it's bot net hardware combined with the insane prices on everything including RAM. Shit shouldn't cost this much given how little improvement there has been in the last decade.

I'm off topic now, I guess my point is I don't consider most of them wincucks. There is just no point in upgrading to anything new anymore. It's easier to keep a working set-up going than it is to ride the bleeding edge when it comes to encoding video. With no incentive to upgrade hardware people have gotten content with their stuff, including the software, because no one wants to re-do all the work it takes to hunt down a bunch of pre-made filters or change config files. There is almost zero effort put into encoding video now a days anyway. Modern fansub groups are trash and most of the so-called scene is too.

You retarded son? ffmpeg and lav are the same thing; what format do you lack decoding for?
Wine is here for legacy Avisynth scripts.
But it's already better than Avisynth. Especially the multithreading.
Do it UUUU. Old anime ISOs need love.

Seriously, you don't know what you're missing:
- The comfyness of a package manager (github.com/4re/vapoursynth-portage)
- Sane shells

Until AnimeIVTC is available for Vapoursyth I shall continue to stick with Avisynth.

TIVTC works most of the time.

Actually, I do. Hence the wall of text I just posted about it.

Like I said, not ready.

My posts sound a bit stand offish, I don't intend for them to come off that way I'm just strapped for time now a days. I'm just stating that I don't see the need to change something that is stable and producing fine results at acceptable speeds with something else at this time. A few more years and I'll make the jump, until then I prefer not to have to use WINE to do things I can wait to get native ports of.

What series haven't gotten proper treatment that you know of? I'd love to get back into fansubbing full time again and would do everything but the actual translation. My Japanese isn't good enough for that and I gave up on finding a decent one a long time ago. I used to be able to collaborate with plenty of them through IRC to sub rare stuff but now it's all SJWs and assorted retards doing "creative" translations. No matter who I used the last two times I tried they all wanted to pozz up the script with their own forms of faggotry. I require a good translation, I'm not one to half ass something, rip subtitles from Cruncyroll (which are just done by the same types of people) and I'm not going to work with people more concerned about politics than they are preserving the original intent of the team that produced the show.

what the fuck? how, exactly? Im pretty sure you have to be 'creative' and remove and add meaning here and there when translating japanese, but you make it sound like they try to change the actual writing to make it more tumblr-friendly

No, I mean, download raw stuff and filter yourself. They need YOUR love.
And about Vapoursynth, what you really miss is a lot better performances, since multithreading is well done (or done at all).

In your opinion which are the groups that stand up above average? If there are any, that is...

what is avisynth?

yes, literally this. it's called 'culturalization', which is localizing but also totally changing the meaning of the whole fucking thing.
like when digimon had an episode with giant bombs that was localized into giant exploding oranges, only somehow worse

I only remember it from (Auto) Gordian Knot, which used AVS to feed video sources other than the natively supported AVI and MPEG-1 formats into VirtualDub for DivX/XviD encoding. Also a shitton of other utilities for other tasks like audio and subtitle encoding. Nowadays ffmpeg et al. do so much of this in one go.

Also, just like a decade ago the anime folks are the driving force behind ricing the shit out of their source material with scripting.

It's definitely starting to piss me off that torrents are still encoded in x264/AAC when VP9/Opus is available. I hope the scene picks up their game at least when AV1 is finalized.

I'm just playing the .ISO/BDMV folders with MPV, what am I missing? The only example of filtering I've seen was Fussoir's EP16 for Sephirotic's NGE.

When you have to deinterlace a DVD, QTGMC is really incredible compared to yadif. Derainbowing, debanding is also pretty good. Except that, most filtering is pointless ricing.

I don't see why now, it works well for that purpose. I used it for a while to get frame interpolation in mpv until I stopped caring enough to keep configs up to date.

why not*

If it's an anime DVD, what should I use? "Cartoon deinterlacing" according to wikipedia, where do I find it? In theory, it should be lossless (29.97fps 480i ->