Power rangers 2017 trailer 2

Opens up with a racial & drug jokes
More swearing than regular marvel or DC movie trailer
Man of steel levels of collateral damage
The putties are killing civilians by random and commenting acts of terrorism
I thought you guys were joking about the power rangers reboot being dark & edgy. Holy shit this will end being the new Bayformer isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-planet-movie-leonardo-dicaprio-938852
polygon.com/2014/7/24/5932343/batman-final-fantasy-designer-tetsuya-nomura-kingdom-hearts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course. Unfortunately.

Requesting webm, please.

Are you fucking serious?

Its hip and trendy
Fuck that shit

I'm not gonna lie.
I kinda like it. I really can't explain why either. I still think the suits and zords are still shit but if the cast can act well and thr script isnt complete dogshit I think I cn enjoy it.

They actually took the fan film seriously, what has the internet done?

QUICK SOMEONE DO A GRITTY FANFILM OF JABBERJAW! MAYBE THEY'LL FINALLY GET SOME RESPECT FOR ONCE!

They're already doing unironic dark & gritty Hanna Barbera stuff.

Everything about this is terrible.

WHY DOES THIS HAVE SO MANY FUCKING LIKES?! Goddamn normalfags. This is like the 90's edgy phase comics went through but put to fill. Only less muscles and more dumb faggots.

Here

No, he is played by Bill Hader.

I don't know what this feeling is. Anger? Rage? sadness? Depression? I think it's resignation. I've avoided anything about this until now, not wanting to face the full horror of what they're doing, but today my curiosity got the better of me. I regret that now. Somehow It's everything I knew it would be, but it hurts to see realized all the same.

How does black glow?

Zords look like shit? Check.
Edgy look that is not an improvement? Check.
Unnecessary changes to allow the director and costume department to pretend they invented this whole deal? Check.

Fuck them for taking the fag Blue Ranger and making a black fag Blue Ranger. Bill Hader as Alpha is about the only thing I like, as long as he doesn't start doing that "ai-yi-yi!" shit.

Easily if you just have some gasoline and matches.

Micheal Bay is Marvel's Power Rangers.

Well, at least in better news I just found a dragon thunderzord in box for a reasonable price so I'll be getting the childhood toy I always wanted.

Thank you.

Brain Cranston as Zordon didnt sound like a bad idea at first but after seeing it yeah its not all that great

How long 'til they do a dark and gritty Captain Planet?

He doesn't even bother putting any real emotion into it. The look and the voicework is all just so damn bad.

maybe they know how bad the movie is?

well, I guess I should say, they realize how little passion is actually there. This movie is all product. The old power rangers movie is actually pretty bad as well, but there was a ton of passion and love in it which made up for the shortcomings. This is meant to bank on nostalgia, people who recognize actors, and the super hero fad.

Maybe. Cranston very early on talked about how excited he was to work on this though. He even read the script and thought it was really promising. Several things could've happened though. He either got a script that was still in the early stages or he quickly realized how bad it all was while filming but didn't quit because he's an idiot.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-planet-movie-leonardo-dicaprio-938852

UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

kek

Want to know what the sad (And, slightly humous) thing is…were asking for it to happen for years. Now that they are doing all of this, people want them to do nothing but to stop it.

Damned monkey's paw…

If this somehow manages to make bank, how long before Lionsgate tries to make a Kamen Rider movie?

shhhhhhhh….
SHHHHHHHHHHHH

Please don't joke about that. It hurts enough watching the Kamen Rider movies there are in Japan. An american Kamen Rider movie would make me wanna scream.

Besides…. Japan beat them to it with their own Kamen Rider edgy re-imagining movies.

Fuck you, you double nigger. The last thing we need is America shitting up Kamen Rider. Just go fucking watch Amazons and be happy.

I'm pretty sure Lionsgate wouldn't dare touch the original. They'd be more likely to try and adapt Black or Black RX because they could make it take place in their PR universe, as then you would get the edgy cinematic universe version of Saban's Masked Rider

Somehow this looks worse than I thought it'd be. You kind of have to try to make something this shitty.

Look user, I agree with everything else, but are you really complaining about collateral damage in from a franchise where every episode ends with 50% of the city gone?

No no no no no no! Good lord in heaven no! Cinematic universes are the absolute worst! To even consider something like that is pure evil!

I'm just waiting for the American studios to realize how much of an overflowing well Japanese media is as far as material. Remember, we're also getting a Ghost in the Shell movie, and Pacific Rim 2 is on the horizon (Yes, I know it is an original series, but the premise has Japan written all over it).

Holla Forums's monkey paw.

Holla Forums's MONKEY PAW.

you think that's bad, I used to love zombies and wished they would become more popular. I had watched every zombie flick out there and thought about how cool it would be if there were more.

That was my first lesson with the monkey's paw.

my childhood is officially dead and they're playing with the corpse.

Time to go to the original source for some actual good passionate stuff then.

Hmmm… Maybe it's a GOOD thing that the live action Evangelion and Bubblegum Crisis movies are stuck in development Hell.

If GiTS does well, things might change.

I've seeing normies everywhere creaming themselves over this shit. Same people who hate Transformers and the last Fantastic 4 movie praising this as the next comming of christ.

Are people really that gullible?

Financially maybe. Critically it will bomb.

Yes. Very much so. The Jews plan is working.

Finally, a mature Scooby Doo we can all take seriously.

The last Bubblegum Crisis thing to come out was Tokyo 2040, and that was back in 1999. Kids born when it came out are now old enough to vote and smoke.

Nobody but old-ass faggots like us remember what Bubblegum Crisis is or even know it existed.

Spoiler that shit

technically, it is completely safe for work. Hope your boss isn't a stick in the mud user.

If by edgy you mean faggy.

The First and the Next made Hongo and Ichimonji in the biggest fruitcakes possible.

Either you like to live dangerously or you're just suicidal.

What's worse is that most of you will still go see it, pretend you hated it, and then buy it on fucking blu ray, and make a hundred threads discussing it.

This isn't Holla Forums.

Ever heard of a torrent before?

That being planned

Fuck you

This is going to have 8 sequels and make four times its production budget, isn't it?

It's probably gonna spawn a shared cinematic universe.

I may see it while it's in theaters.

Also, in another thread, it's sort of been declared that it will be the best superhero film of 2017. And, what that means is that either everything else will probably suck, or it's a lot better than the trailers are depicting, or the reasoning behind the declaration is bogus. I guess that means everything is depending on how good Logan is.

Why not? All of the TV series share the same universe.

Don't do that.

It most certainly won't be. Logan and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 easily beat this. They aren't perfect but this is a mess.

Because we don't want more shitty Bay-esque adaptations of a patchwork show people have fond memories of.

Are you seriously rely on one stranger opinion that this movie going to be the best ever this year?

Out of curiosity, aside from the fact that it will have an R rating, why is everyone so hyped for Logan? Both of the previous wolverine solo outings have been blasted to the moon and back as being bad movies. So, what's going to make this one any different?

It wasn't an opinion, it was a prediction based off of the facts presented. If the movie does turn out to be good, great. If not, oh well.

It's got blood and a R rating that Wolverine needs. It'll probably still suck but it looks more entertaining than the last two.

Forgive me for misinterpreting, but the only reason you want to see Logan is just because it's edgy?

Pretty much. There's not much else to look forward to unless you're into lolis. There's hardly anything to stick to with these X-men related videos.

Then why are you wasting your money on it? If you're not even hoping for it to be good, what's the point? Why not spend that money on another (Possibly better) movie, or just not even use it to watch a movie and spend it on something else? Or just not spend it all?

Forgive me if I sound like I'm lecturing, I really am curious as to your reasoning.

Wolverine is designed to be edgy since the character was conceived. The PG bullshit held back its potential. At least we now get something that was intended to be

I'm not gonna spend my money on any of them. I don't give my money to Marvel anymore and this stupid fucking movie definitely won't get a fucking dime from me.

Clearly you missed this game then (Which I have heard is pretty good).

This is the most ridiculous post I've read on this board in quite some time.

Not the same user but a R rating allows for more things to happen, plus with the rating they basically have a free reign of the character considering they already have in mind they can't market the film to casual, just the people who've been watching for years and the comic readers.

Because a canuck that acting like animal, sniff like a fucking dog to detect his surroundings and the main solution to defeat his enemies is to rip them to shred is not edgy enough?

Wolvie is the byproduct of Silver Age when people are tired of campy shit and want more darker edgier stuff. I mean Batman's ear in Silver age got ridiculously long because ow the edge

Good if you like hack and slash.

They're going full out.

Fucking Brazilians.

What the fuck are those pants?

They Skinned cookie monster

They'd call it Masked Rider for the American audiences…or, at least, the fifteen or sixteen 30-40 year olds who remember that one season of misery.

Now… who here is excited for the inevitable Big Bad Beetleborgs movie? Because I am! I hated that fucking show with it's smug fucking Elvis ghost and faggot vampire.

Now the one I'd love to see? The movie based on Spider-Man with a megazord. That shit would be tight and would make as much sense as any other Spider-Man movies, these days.

You goan git raped by HR, user.

Nah I may pirate to see how shit it is, but the jews arn't getting my dosh.

Wasn't that the premise for the first 2 live action Scooby Doo movies and Scooby Doo zombie island?

It's strange they didn't bother with VR Troopers since virtual reality seems to be a current year thing.

I will never subjecting myself to the Ghostbusters reboot ever, but I am actually looking forward to seeing this trainwreck.

VR is too obscure for hashtag movies.

Wont stop saban if pr does well

Dude, making a Beetleborg movie could be SO EASY if they just turn it into Kabuto for kids. And ignore all the stupid monster shit.

That would be the intelligent thing to do

That sounds kind of hard. But yeah, I like the Beetleborg original design, though.

Well… that was something…

Well fuck.

Its worse than anything you can possibly imagine.

Dykes and all

Unlike Cisbusters. People want to see this.

That's still pretty sad. That shitty movie was outright bad and so is this one to anyone besides normalfags. No one in there right mind should wanna see dumb shit like this.

Because the die hard movies did perfectly well with a pg 13 rating, right? Look, some shit just suppose to be edgy and trying to make it non edgy is as bad as trying to turn kiddie stuff grim dark

How many I.P Saban owns?

A good amount of sentai and anime

Since these threads get more traffic than /m/ I'd figure I'd post the announced voices for the non-human kyurangers

Why? What could possibly be the appeal of a dark, edgy, and realistic Power Rangers?

So far no feminists propaganda

Whats the appeal of edgy super hero movies?

Give it time

Fucking Josuke is a Ranger now? Sick.

Didn't black also play Narutaki in Kamen Rider Decade?

No apparently that's Tatsuhito Okuda

this was dark and gritty by early 00's standards

Gritty maybe but I don't think anyone thought this was dark.

This is what happens when you adapt the localization and not the source material.
Jesus christ this looks terrible.

jesus christ this looks terrible

i mean, power rangers was corny in the first place even when i was a kid. making it grimdark and taking itself seriously is really fucking gay.

also does anyone else sick of bryan cranston?

You deserve this

Well at least she can play a robot well

Bronze age user

It'll be copper soon.

Even gritty is too strong a word for it, the best word to describe this would probably be "modernized." Because it seems be based on the look of than popular bands.

For the 2000s

VR Troopers was a disaster for the fact they tried to pull a Robotech harder than with their usual toku ventures (Spielvan, Shaider and Metalder were gutted to make it originally Metalder was going to be adapted into its own thing called Cybertron and starring JDF, but due to Saban not wanting to risk getting in court with Hasbro for obvious reasons they made that abomination)

Saban right now owns the Super Sentai and Precure licenses, two of the three Super Hero Time reps.
The jews definitely sat on their asses when it came to Precure: They made it a Netflix exclusive; after the first half they didn't even bother to give it any publicity, and by the time the final half rolled in (and up to this day) there isn't a word on toy releases or anything.
About the dub itself, it's pretty much your standard 4kids work with surprisingly good voice acting but the edits are incongruent to say the least. Personally for a franchise that is basically the all-girl equivalent of Super Sentai it's baffling that they didn't even bother to make a single Power Rangers reference. I could go on but there's a lot of autism in this post alone

Bullshit, please go on. We need more autism.

Triple dubs demand more autism, so I'll continue.

Our story goes back to 2013, a few months after Smile Precure, the 9th entry in the Pretty Cure franchise (yes, the same that had been dubbed back in 2008 in Canada), had finished airing. In April, news from a licensing website dropped that Saban was planning for a new superhero series known as Gangnam Girls. After a few years of renewing the license (they didn't do shit with it for some reason), in mid-2015 Saban rebrands the license as Glitter Force (which was also patented back in 2013), using footage from the aforementioned Smile Precure. By the end of 2015 it's finally announced as an exclusive to Netflix, and that of the 48 episodes of Smile's original run they'd air only 40, in two seasons of 20 episodes each.
The first half showed up on December 2015, the other on August 2016. Now with that aside, I'll go over the dub.
Of course, being a Saban series it went through the usual adapting: The names of almost every major character and location, the music track was replaced in its entirety (but don't worry, the original composer is still credited for some reason) and of course the script has been touched to be more relatable for American audiences. In Glitter Force the characters have an allergy to silence as demonstrated by the fact that even the transformation sequences have the characters making noise or just speaking, not to mention the sequences that have added stock sound footage in them. Also, there are moments where the screen darkens because Saban thinks we're still on the 90s and the seizure scare from the Porygon episode is in full effect. Also they have new CG endings, and compared to the original ones (which are still there) they're one more awful than the other. It's like some RWBY shit.
Now onto the removed episodes, there were 8 of them and one could even say they're almost justified. Of all those eight only one actually has a semblance of character development why is the writer still employed after doing both this and Kamen Rider Kabuto is a mystery and deals with one of the main characters' deceased father; contrary to the belief that's not actually the reason this episode got axed, but to the fact it had a subplot of the origin to the characters' names. One also has a British weeaboo exchange student fall in love with one of the girls and involves her trying to learn English in order to talk to him.
The other axed six episodes dealt with things too Japanese to be shown, like for example Manzai comedy thank fuck, period drama villages, Japanese mythology, your typical Matsuri episode, and minor things like school festivals and okonomiyaki, which is something I'll touch in a moment.

(cont.)

"Live-action movie
In May 2009 it was announced that a live-action movie of "Bubblegum Crisis" was in the early stages of production. A production agreement was signed at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival.[1][15][16][17] The film was expected to be released in late 2012 with a budget of 30 million.[1] The production staff was said to have consulted with the original anime's staff members, Shinji Aramaki and Kenichi Sonoda, to help maintain consistency with the world of the original.[18] However, no further developments have been announced."

This little wiki turdlette is what I was refering to. Kinda hoping it stays dead at the moment.

Then there's the retarded edits or dubbed parts, as I've mentioned before. Phrases changing with little to no sense at all, making jokes completely useless in the long run and in one case a whole location is changed to something that not even in the US could make sense.
The three major examples are Cure/Glitter Peace's roll call, episodes 13 and 14 and of course the okonomiyaki thing.
One of the characters, Cure Peace (the yellow one), has an unique rollcall by virtue of the pose changing every episode. She says something about rock-paper-scissors and then makes her gesture (obviously one of the three). For some reason, the dub omits this entirely and gives her a random-ass phrase about puppies or whatever. There wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't a joke right after with the villain who was playing along and chose the opposite, and the fact that when she turns into a toddler she does a completely different hand gesture which is pretty much a gun and proceed to explain the joke.
Second is the okonomiyaki, which is a typical Japanese dish which could be summarized as a pancake with lots of shit on top. It's an important aspect of one of the characters (Akane/Kelsey, Glitter/Cure Sunny) due to her parents working at a restaurant that only serves said dish and the fact she and her family are from Osaka (tan, weird fucking accent, all included). One of the omitted episodes has her filling in for her dad as he got injured and is in the hospital maybe that's why it got omitted, can't have implications of child labor I guess . However, the first time the dish is introduced, instead of doing any sort of edit, Saban just shows it as is and calls it "Japanese pizza". Later on there's a summer break episode where they go to the beach and works in a food stand. Surprisingly enough, they end up calling it by name which kind of makes omitting naming it pointless. While still calling it Japanese pizza. In the same episode.
The final one is some special kind of fuckery. During episodes 13 and 14 the main characters' class travels to Kyoto and Osaka for a field trip or something. In one the main character gets a bad fortune telling and focuses on her shit luck for the episode, in the other they get lost, they get rescued by some old ladies, they face the monster of the week and all that. However Saban changed these two episodes to a much more incongruent setting, a fuckhuge Asian Expo. They indeed get lost, but instead the random old ladies get changed to chaperones because "don't talk to strangers, kids!". It's still the most baffling edit in anime to me. Curiously enough, the giant robot episode showed up without major touches and a surprising lack of references.
As I mentioned in , it's still unknown why Saban didn't even bother with the script considering Smile Precure has quite a few references to Sentai in itself (in fact, the yellow Cure in this one is pretty much a tokufag).
There we go, that's pretty much all autism I had to unleash about this thing. Thank fuck they didn't adapt Heartcatch.
Also Ninja Steel has a high chance of being better than Ninnigger

It validates their love for a children's show.

Looks fucking gay

I know about Osaka from Azumanga Daioh, and okonomiyaki from Ranma 1/2.

Lol. Explaining your obscure Japanese cultural references in anime with my obscure Japanese cultural references in manga. We are weebing SO hard right now.

Hmm, can you explain the weird line the backpacker said about the flute of the woodland fairy from the start of the Black Magic M-66 anime?
It's pretty much a non-sequitur in the dubbed AND the subbed versions.

You are magical man user

>Also Ninja Steel has a high chance of being better than Ninnigger
No shit, the cameos are the only parts I was interested in

I think the box might be my favorite part. Just read some of that.

Which rule of the internet is it that states that people will never be satisfied?

I'd say the issue is not more that the bad art direction for everything is starting to shine through. Where as the first trailer tried to be far too serious, this one picked the tone up a bit, but it still looks like every other sci fi/super hero block buster and fails to really capture what made the power rangers unique. It's not "bad", but I'd say it was boring. The rangers look like iron man, Alpha looks and sounds bad, as does Zordon. I think the only scenes that really shined through were when the red ranger was helping somebody out of their crashed car(not something we got to see a lot in the original series), and when all the zords were facing off against the giant Goldar(who also has a pretty bad design).

Now we'll have to wait and see about my next concer, but I fear the movie is trying to be to many things at once, sort of like DmC. They need a unified vision and tone. We saw it go dark and edgy, then campy and silly. If they are trying to be to many things at once they'll be none of them. DmC would have been better off going full edge with their first vision than what we ended up getting, and Power Rangers may end up being the same.

Im more concerned it the yellow ranger, she comes off annoying as fuck

Sorry for the messy post, reread it and I guess I'm more sleepy than I thought.

Gold makes everything new

Also new fighting game, using all Rangers on mobile

Saban was a mistake.

At this point, mobile kikery doesn't surprise me even when I don¡t approve it. If toys are so important for franchises, then sure as fuck mobile shit will be too. The game looks like it is in real time, though, so it might be pretty good instead of a farmville clone like all the other mobile games. I expect full kikery and microtransactions, though.
There was a new Power Rangers: Mega Battle game releasing for PS4 and Xbone, even though it's art style is questionable, the game itself looks fun enough. If it was only released on PC… I guess this is Scott Pilgrim the Game all over again.

Ratings have been mixed.

Even bayformers wasn't that lame

Cube Zordon is the only thing that doesn't seem bad to me.

I know that feeling.

Nah, Evangelion fans deserve the fucking.

Thanks for reminding me. At least they didn't touch best Cures and went after the one with annoying amounts of fan art.

I wouldnt pay 40 bucks for that in a ps4

I wouldnt even pay 15 for that

Did somebody say cubes?

Pirate it.

Its best they stop adapting it.

When I think of cubes I only think of the giant killer maze cubes.

Stop adapting zombies?

I think of Cubic you know that korean cgi show.

Neo-Saban was a mistake

ever heard of being fucked by your isp ?
upload it to the gnunet mesh network
Basically for you, you won't see the change except the money that you won't give to the vpn jews.

No. The only benefit of living in a third world country.

How in the blazes of hell did they managed to do this fucking piece of shit ?
And people are liking this ?
Even dumb movies like pacific rim is better.
Why ?
Because it doesn't destroy a franchise.

Power rangers/super sentai is a fucking basic scenarios that cannot be screwed up.
This is how it goes

How this they miss something a toddler would wright ?

The jewest of movies
I won't even bother downloading it

This

Its basically chronicle in tights

That piss joke was awful

No, see, whe's pseudo latina, so her mother must be catholic, which means she's a paranoid soccer mom who has medical drug testing materials lying around in her house to check if her kids do drugs because they may be in a band, ir enjoy videogames and D&D.

I hate this stereotype so much not because im PC but because every Spanish character is an annoying piece of trash.

Its not that hard to make a decent poster!

CGI was a mistake. Iron Man screwed everything related to "tech".

Kikes aren't the creative types.

Personally I feel the blame lies more on Transformers and it's needlessly complex designs rather than Iron Man.

There's another one.

Do any of you remember that Kai Batman exists?

What the hell is this?

polygon.com/2014/7/24/5932343/batman-final-fantasy-designer-tetsuya-nomura-kingdom-hearts

At least he's not writing a game for it.

Annnnnnd the Zords were apparently designed by Michael Bay or someone ELSE who hates people's childhoods.

Fucking hell…they all look like the Guyver and some bowling balls had group sex.

The pics kinda cool

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad if it was it's own thing instead of a cheap edgy re-imagining of the first Power Rangers.

They look like bad rip offs of Bionicle.

Coop

Square is a plague on this earth.

Coop could've designed way more coherent mechs than these.

looks pretty good

You disgust me.

WHAT a coop?

Scourge of alien squid slugs and the human race.

While I do not hate the design, he ripped off the armor designs from kingdom hearts. And the claw hands are real silly.

How old are you? 'Cause I said the same thing, and I was in junior high when MMPR debuted.