BLOCKBUSTER! NEW WEB BROWSER TRASHES GOOGLE! This made me happy. CREATOR OF FIREFOX WEB BROWSE

BLOCKBUSTER! NEW WEB BROWSER TRASHES GOOGLE!
This made me happy.
CREATOR OF FIREFOX WEB BROWSER BRENDAN EICH WAS KICKED OUT OF HIS OWN ORGANIZATION FOR NOT SUPPORTING SAME SEX MARRIAGE AND NOT EVER BACKING DOWN. THEY THEN TURNED FIREFOX INTO A DOGPILE. HE THEN WROTE A NEW WEB BROWSER AND HAS RELEASED IT AS THE "BRAVE" BROWSER. RUMOR ON THE STREET IS THAT IT IS GREAT, CHECK IT OUT, DOWNLOAD HERE
UPDATE: HA HA HA, HE'S PISSED WITH GOOGLE INTENTIONALLY SABOTAGING FIREFOX AND HAS PROGRAMMED THE NEW BROWSER TO BLOW GOOGLE AWAY!
YEP. To make Chrome look better (when really it was not) Google sabotaged Firefox by causing Firefox to re-load ads multiple times, which slowed it down badly. Google did this by checking which browser was accessing a web site, and if it saw Firefox, Google would intentionally trip it up with the analytics scripts and ad scripts that loaded multiple times under instruction from Google. There was nothing Firefox could do to fix it because it was external sabotage. So what did Brendan do to get even? He ripped Google's own Chrome to pieces, took out the crapware parts of it, and had it intentionally screw over the GOOGLE tampering.
HA HA HA, BLOCKBUSTER: THE BRAVE BROWSER WILL TAKE GOOGLE ADS (IF YOU TELL IT TO) AND REPLACE THEM WITH ADS THAT ARE SERVED BY THE BRAVE BROWSER'S OWN AD SERVICE. BRAVE THEN GIVES A KICKBACK TO THE WEB SITES WHO HAD THEIR ADS SWITCHED AWAY FROM GOOGLE. TALK ABOUT REVENGE! THAT IS WORTH MORE THAN A LAUGH!
Way to go. Way to get even!

brave.com/downloads.html

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/chrome.html
cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/cyberfox-amd-version-x64/
github.com/brave/browser-laptop
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
brave.com/about_ad_replacement.html
8ch.net/tech/ddg.html
technologyreview.com/s/516156/a-popular-ad-blocker-also-helps-the-ad-industry/
github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/4409
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GOOGLE IS LYING ABOUT CHROME'S POPULARITY ANYWAY:

BOTTOM LINE? IF BRENDAN EICH CAN MAKE A WEB BROWSER SO GREAT IT CAN SCORE THIS WELL AFTER TAKING SUCH A BEATING, YOU REALLY OUGHT TO CHECK OUT HIS NEW ONE.

No Link discussing the browser…
No Link to reputable people supporting the browser…
Not even a Holla Forums thread about it…

OP, kill yourself my man.
but thank you, I will look into this

Testing on VM. Let's see what it does.

Take off your cruise control, nigger. It hurts my eyes.

I've heard of this. Might as well give it a try.

The mobile version is pure shit. Why not just use the standard UI that is known to work? Why try to be such a snowflake?

>>>Holla Forums

its two methods of use involve either linking your name & phone number to a bitcoin wallet, or paying for use with credit card info… to navigate the problem of ads? i mean i know i'm not completely "anonymous" using ad-block software on firefox, but mozilla doesn't exactly have my personal/ financial info right? this solution to ads supposedly isnt implemented yet so idk

WINDOWS 10
WINDOWS 10
WINDOWS 10
WINDOWS 10
WINDOWS 10
WINDOWS 10
WINDOWS 10
WINDOWS 10

Also; brave sucks.

Ok so I'm trying it out…its pretty fast, but how do I block ads? I've already found multiple ones and I can't find a tutorial on how to use their native ad blocker.

consider the record corrected :^)

The absolute madmen.

This doesn't sound like a sales pitch at all. Nope.

this alone is a reason to use

The desktop version of Brave is pretty good and I've made it my main browser. All it needs is to make the script blocker let you chhoose scripts manually like NoScript does instead of all or nothing like it is now.

The android version is a piece of shit though. Lkterally 0/10, needs an complete overhaul.

Press alt to open the menu bar, go to settings, and set it to either block ads or replace ads. You can also click the lion in the top right corner to do it on a site by site basis.

Wait.. No..

I'm retarded. This is pretty neat.

What site is that, though? I think technically inclined people tend to use Firefox more, but normies do use Chrome (blargh) a lot.

>>>/4chan/

I had to tell my website users to use Jewgle Chrome because Firefox was having display issues. (not with ads or related to this I don't think)

Fuck.

WHY DO YOU
type like
THIS HA HA HA?

I'm a semi Holla Forumsfag. The problem with Brave is that it still uses the Blink rendering engine, making it no different than Opera, Vivaldi, or Chrome. It's just Chrome with a new skin.

Nice claim, but no sauce. The best *ium browser we have is Iron, and it's still a piece of shit that connects to Google. I highly doubt that Eich was able to strip Brave of all of the cancer.

Please, anybody who is not a Holla Forums-fag, take a look at this
and
>>8ch.net/tech/chrome.html

Just use Firefox. It may be shit, but it's still FOSS, still sort-of respects your privacy, and there is no other real alternative.

At least tell them to use Chromium

sage

Wew lad, lurk moar

Firefag is too SJW, can't support them, I'd rather use a slow piece of shit like pale moon

This doesn't feel to touch screen friendly (like chrome) but I guess I'll try it on my desktop

They're shilling here because Holla Forums is too smart for this bullshit.

this. Pale Moon is probably the best least shitty browser out there at the moment
unless you're a 1337 h4xx0r who uses Links/Lynx/w3m

The major potential appeal of Brave is it would pay people for not having the ads blocked. As in the people doing the actual browsing of websites.

Pale Moon being slow is a meme, but I really don't recommend it. It has moved into territory beyond just copying Firefox code; it has its own engine (Goanna),and some other specialized code. Because of this, and because of the fact that a small team works on it, it's not patched as often. If yo really want to use a Gecko-baed browser, go with Cyberfox. It has CTR built-in, and it's produced by a big company.

>>cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com/cyberfox-amd-version-x64/

seems like it's the last browser without a pozzed UI at least

but I no tech

>>>Holla Forums653616
Curious parties please refer to the relevant thread on Holla Forums
>>>Holla Forums653616

Why

It's way faster than firefox. At least on mint. The UI is kinda ugly though. It's probably configurable.

block the google ads & analytics IPs in your hosts files and any browser will work much faster

What the fuck does that mean?
kind of, maybe sort of want to sell off my information isn't good enough nigger.

Meant for

Name one browser that doesn't use Gecko, and compares to Firefox. Pale moon, Cyberfox, Waterfox, etc. are all the same fucking browser. Midori doesn't work on Windows, and I'm not using some browser made in some assholes basement.

Go ahead, name 1 browser comparable to Firefox, that isn't a direct clone.

It means that the FSF and Stallman have both criticized Firefox, and taken it off the "approved" list. If you're a Stallman cultist, use Seamonkey or something.

Why not make a Holla Forums browser? Integrated VPN that connects to TOR and exists through a proxy. https enforced, adblocker, font disabler, clone string as firefox, faked resolution + optional download everything plugin & html5 chat

DUDE! why the fuck DO YOU POST LIKE THIS??! IT'S REALLY annoying and makes you look RETEARDED

There are plenty of other browsers that are open source and not bloated spyware garbage. I'm currently using Pale Moon

Seriously though, is brave any good? I'm using firejew now, but I'd consider trying it out.

If Holla Forums can't even make one, we aren't gonna be able to.

It's not patched quickly enough, so there are security holes. I'd use it at your own risk.

Also, all gecko based browsers are the fucking same

Consensus on Holla Forums is no

Chromium is literally spyware

like what?

No it's not.

He said he had to tell people visiting his website to use Jewgle Chrome. If they have to, they should at least use the FOSS version (Chromium).

you're right. All *ium browsers are pure normalfag cancer

Word, I'll take their word for it.

Originally not, but any download nowadays (unless you look for it) of chromium is spyware. My job is to remove shit like that from clients computers I see it all the time

>>>/g/

Chromium isn't even corporate grade spyware like any other browser. It's low tire Poo in the Loo nigger spyware nowadays

I, like most people on Holla Forums, only ever recommend a tweaked Firefox. If you ask Holla Forums, there are ways to increase privacy and performance.

Cuckchan's /g/ says it's shit, so it must be good…

Wow, it's fucking nothing!

Is brave open-source yet? It doesn't have to be full FOSS, people just need to audit the code.

You almost had me going OP.

I remember seeing threads about this year's ago when it first started going into motion

Got a list of IP's/Domains for this?

Using ublock atm, but I think even that slows things down a bit.

Use noscript. You could also just spoof your user agent to make google think you are using a different browser

source about TOR? What they can intercept anyway? 8ch uses https

You already did, Pale Moon switched to Goanna almost a year ago. Although it doesn't compare to Firefox in number of users or development, modern features and so forth. It's not a clone but a distinct fork that keeps diverging. If it was a clone they wouldn't be having so many issues with Firefox addons not working on it.

Then have fun with Edge or Chrome dipshit. Who else would bother making and maintaining a 0.1% user share web browser? Not even Brave does this, it's simply a Chrome knockoff with ad replacement built in.

And the entire reason why Mozilla went open-source was to attract those basement dwelling assholes. Now they're leaving Firefox in droves as it adds in non free DRM, built in advertising, bizarre 'online credentials' initiative, voice chat and incompatibility with existing addons.

127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 google-analytics.com
127.0.0.1 ssl.google-analytics.com

and go to resource monitor and see active IPs, whois them and decide if you want to block or not.

Holla Forums reporting for duty

Brave is a proprietary software web browser with no plugins and almost no configurability.
Ricing firefox to your liking is a much better alternative.

Stallman is a jew and a pedophile, the king of the jews is not my king!

Know of any good guides on how to keep away from google?

kike and gay

wew

I count two Jews, two Slavs, two krauts, two bongs, one wop, one frog, two gooks, and one nip

You're a fucking autist. I bet you use Chrome.

Shame tbh fam. It's like a lite version of TOR.

holy shit lol

clifton and johnson aren't wasp names?

lol

And here I thought I finally had a good alternative to some Firefox clone.

I have Opera, is that good or bad?

I thought it was open source?

github.com/brave/browser-laptop

cucks

No i just laughed at all those racial slurs. 9/10 right there

opera used to be legendary, but then they switched to chromium

also lately the browser has just been crashing randomly, you been getting that?

hipster

Brave is a really smart idea for a browser, an idea that is desperately needed if the web is going to be a viable place for ordinary people to create a website and support themselves.

The idea behind Brave is to fix advertising on the internet. While it's easy to just want all ads and everything blocked, and totally reasonable considering how many malicious ads there are out there, internet advertising enables smaller websites to succeed and thrive. If all ad revenue were gone tomorrow, the only functioning informational websites would be the huge ones owned by (((multinationals))) or supported by (((government))) and there would be no way for ordinary people to compete.

Brave removes all the trackers and intrusive advertising that fucks with your computer by default so you can still support the websites without having to pay anything or have malicious ads get in your way or fuck around with your computer.

That's not going to appeal to the people who want the safest, most user, and most secure browser possible, even if it means a whole lot of confitg work to do it. And while some people certainly need that, if everyone did it, then all websites but the huge ones would fold.

It's a good choice for less tech-savvy people as some of the features built in make it far more secure than the other popular browsers without having to configure anything.

However, it probably won't take off unless they deliver a killer feature that makes it worth switching for people.

So we're supposed to swap a jew for another?

What about a browser that blocks ads by default?

that would be brave

Firefox is bloatware.

I need a new browser that doesn't shit up computers with ram usage.

Have you tried Firefox ESR?

Hah.

Fucking hell, is ads seriously the only way these developers earn money?
If you can develop a browser, you should be able to use your magic on the stock market.

I don't get why computer geeks aren't loaded.

DO NO EVIL
I'm sure many of you are aware, but Google officially abandoned the "don't be evil" motto several months ago, around the same time the company restructured under the Alphabet umbrella. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

I'm trying it out for the first time on x64 Debian. It seems to render this website pretty well, and there's a lot JavaScript working the background.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of theme customization or plugin support (although it does have the standard stuff like pdf /mp3/etc.support). That's a bit of a drawback. If that ever appears, it seems pretty usable to me.

My god.

palemoon stronk

This is a huge misconception.

The problem with most smaller sites is they sheepishly ask for visitors to 'chip in' and act as if accepting donations is a shameful thing to do. The truth is involving a middleman to spy on your visitors and subject them to annoying video ads, malware and having to think twice about every little thing you do not pissing off advertisers is what's shameful. If someone wants to take you down they just have to harass your advertisers, you become beholden to them and not your audience.

This is already the case, the vast majority of internet users only use sites that are owned by multinationals or supported by government, there is no way for them to realistically compete. 8ch used to be self supporting through donations until all online payment processors blacklisted the owner and it got bought out by a multinational company for advertising. Thankfully this particular multinational is ran by someone who lurks on Holla Forums.

There's no fixing advertising on the internet, Brave is just another middleman trying to get a cut. Some ISPs have been hijacking traffic to inject their own ads for years now, this is just a more honest approach.

(((brandon eich)))

CEO - JUDE

case closed

Well, no definitive Holla Forums consensus here, so I'll give it a try for myself.
After all, it's the only way you can evaluate something like this in the first place, too many shills have fucked up this site to know who to believe, anymore…just one of the hazards of anonymity & making fanatic enemies by telling the truth to the general public, I suppose.

Fuck, no version for XP, and not sure it will work with their Win7 version.
Yes, I'm poor.

Brave sounded great when it said it was going to give the kickbacks mostly to the user, but then they released their model where most of the money goes to the site.

Its better to just use adblock to keep shit sites from getting money.

Why are you still pissing around with XP?

Just switch to Linux Mint already you fucking plebeian.

If you're still using it for the sake of vidya then I can somewhat understand, but if you're claiming to be a poorfag anyways, you're probably not playing games that are too taxing anyways, so they'd work fine under emulation.

I've tried Brave, it's ok.
Best browser is Vivaldi.

(((brave))) is shit
vivaldi is shit

I use Crome on my androids and windows/xubuntu box. On the PC, with AdBlock plus, it's fast as hell and works great. Used to like Firefox, but that shit eats up a ton of ram, and is slow as hell. Sage for wrong board slide thread

its not about the speed nor about your shitty (((google))) promotion
its about the jew guys behind the browser

i used firefox with ghostry and adblock plus and it was loading instantly within less than half a second.

Just use Inox

Thanks for that, appreciate it.

Yeah, the Android version is crap. It uses link bubbles rather than a true browser. Still loads a lot faster than in (((Firefox))) though

I use naked browser on Android and AdAway.

Naked browser's interface is ugly and minimal, but it works really well once you get used to it. Everything I need is one long press and a tap away or a swip and tap away.

Fucking hell.. I'm trying to rid my browser (and the net) of ads and adds on jewgle isnt good enough for eich the kike, he wants his own browser to trick goyim into donationg their satoshis to his sybil sites.

The net will be a better place once advertising dies and all those lets play faggots have to go work at McDonalds.

How do you get kicked out of your own organization ? If somebody tried to kick me out of my own organization or company I'd fuck their shit up like the Spanish inquisition.

USE FIREFOX

Firefox itself when downloaded is not automatically secure, you have to configure it in the about:config to harden it and to stop phoning home to mozilla with anonymized data for their telemetry bullshit.

Use Startpage to find how to harden Firefox. Remove GMP (cisco backdoor), dissallow majority of SSL/TLS encryption except TLS 1.2 256, disable webrtc leaking etc et cetc etc.

CuckCuckGo is owned by a jew who has sold data of ppl in a different business without their consent.

I all ready block allot of crap through my pfSense firewall but this exact blocking can be done with the following add-ons which i also still use.

Add-ons:
- qBlock Origin. (Ad blocker)
Do not use the "stolen" variant qBlock.

- qMatrix (prevent XSS attacks loads of tracking)
Can configure to complete block everything except 1st party CSS and Image's. Has a User agent spoofer embedded within it.

- Noscript.
Set to allow all scripts as qMatrix blocks all, can finetune to allow certain scripts while blocking others.

- Calomel SSL validation.
I severely distrust most certificate authorities (CA's), has prevented several MITM attacks for me in the past.

- Decentraleyes
Allow CDN content such as images, css or scripts from 2nd/3rd parties which can be blocked in qMatrix be within the addon itself and execute them locally by injecting them into the webpage. May have some conflicts with qMatrix if you set it to block allot.

Firefox is lacking in some areas, BUT it is better then all the rest! Firefox needs to remove their feature creep nonsense. In FF 49 they finally removed Hello, which less then 2% of the user base used for almost 2 years. I'd suggest downloaded the EME free firefox version if u don't use Netflix or other DRM protected streaming services.

Sync and Pocket need to separate add-ons and should not be forced upon users. Firefox should have a base install that inherently respects freedom, promotes privacy and gives users choice. Feature bloat is cancer!

i use brave, its way better and faster than chrome. it just needs a little time to be feature complete but its almost there. definitely usable already.

switched my main search to duckduckgo on it too. you can use !g when you search on DDG if you ever feel the need to search for something through google and it will do it for you.

fuck google. we need an alternative for youtube already, then i will be google free.

I'm going to follow Holla Forums's lead here, HOWEVER, I hope this browser gets plugins later on, we should definitely follow its progress.

ANYTHING to fuck over GOOGLE is a worthwhile project, it just needs more work and I'll be making the switch asap.

brave has full adblocking, replacing ads for bitcoin is only an option.

Ya brave mobile sucks, but the desktop browser is great. I've been using it for months.

My man.

Hmm cant install it at all on win10 immediately completely and utterly spazes out about updates.

Right now posting from Epic Browser though, which does install without problem.

OY VEY GOYIM NOT INSTALL

Yeah, this totally won't be a backdoor filled shitshow.

kek, what a load af bullshit, muh good ads

what about this?

err

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

THIS!

I want to fill Yan Zhu with happa babies.

good luck! mental disability and a pony will be your childs best friends

Please tell me this is fake.

this. the mobile version is ass, not intuitive at all

It's fake.
Protip : It's not

Pretty sure they were on a comfy, idyllic beach vacation pre-war, and fuck Yan and that nigger user that wanted to create hapas with it.

It's funny, I bet if there were no swastikas in it all the normies would say "awww look at how cute they are what a great couple ect. ect." But because there are swastikas in it, somehow they are inhuman monsters and the picture is scary.

anyone have more information on "Epic Browser"?

DAILY REMINDER THAT BRAVE INTEGRATES ADS INTO YOUR BROWSER
That was the main fucking sell of this browser when it was first being pitched to advertisers – it gets around adblockers with integrated advertising. The ad placement is completely anonymous and not at all targeted, goyim.
brave.com/about_ad_replacement.html
Just because spiders like Brave and snakes like Google don't get along, it doesn't mean you should take an arachnid to bed. You'll wind up with a bite.

What browser you use is largely up for debate, but don't fucking use this piece of shit.

NO ITS NOT!
ITS TERRIFYING AS THE WORST NIGHTMARE FOR THE JEW IF A WHITE MAN FIGHT FOR HIS WOMAN AND FINALLY HAS 5+ CHILDREN

thats why the jew invented feminism and veganism. so woman make themselves look ugly, dress up ideotic and attack (white) men.

Whatever shill

Guess I'll keep using firefox. I got so many blocking extensions that I have to manually tell no script and privacy badger to fuck off for a second so I can actually use specific sites and features. It's fucking retarded and time consuming, but at least I don't have any ads and I can't get instant downloads of viruses, not even if I browse horrible sites because as soon as anything tries to take over, some extension over here blocks the fucker and automatically close ad windows.

Right now, firefox is the best, really, aside from the cuck devs.

Which blockers do you use? I'm running noscript and ublock origin, anything else I should use for better security?

privacy badger
ghostery
Beterprivacy
https everywhere
flagfox
Blender
rights to close
righttoclick
session manager (in case of crashing by non working plug ins and other broken stufff)
Smart Referer

8ch.net/tech/ddg.html

Worthless, which is disappointing since it's an EFF project

technologyreview.com/s/516156/a-popular-ad-blocker-also-helps-the-ad-industry/

Worthless

I'm guessing it shows flag for which country the IP is from? Worthless thanks to CDNs.

I'm not going to go into the rest, point being that none of those are any good asides for Blender

Holy shit it loads this thread pretty fast.

WHY ARE BOOKMARKS RETARDED IN BRAVE?

Pic related. No icons for book marks, just full names of each bookmark, which means I can have way less bookmarks displayed.

github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/4409

Does anyone know how to enable middle-click scroll in Brave?

Oh god I'm a fucking retard.

It fails to block ads on youtube and pretty much everything else…

What else are you supposed to use? inb4 linux, I used Fedora for years but switched back to windows for muh vidya

Windows 7?

ITS JUST CHROME WITH A DIFFERENT WAY OF HANDLING ADS AND LESS BOTNET
USE THE FURFAG BROWSER OR GTFO MY P O L

What is different between the two versions? I figured all microsoft software was a botnet

Windows 2000 with KernelEx

Tried this a while ago. Was shit then. Having a centralized company to take care of ads is a fucking terrible idea. It's just google 2.0.

The browser itself has a garbage UI, with almost no settings and the ad blocking is shit all together. Has a habit of things jumping around as pages load, which is really annoying because you gotta wait for it load to fully to not get annoyed. Tab switching is meh. Mobile browser is bad. Also Electron in general is meh.

Why worthless? ghostery has blocked a lot of bullshit here along with ublock origin, so has privacy badger.

muhdick?

Have they fixed the Linux version yet? Last time I tried it on Mint, it kept blanking out my tabs whenever I hit a new one.

Holy shit, this explains a lot. Firefox used to be my fave browser, it did everything I needed, then all of a sudden it started operating like utter dogshit. That's what got me to switch to Chrome.

You mean to tell me, Google was behind this shit.

forget. sugary harikari is already railing her

oops, spoke to soon

Okay I just installed Palemoon, now what? What addons and settings do you guys use that makes it better than (((chrome)))?

I've been trying out Brave for a while and I have to say it's really light and fast but their internal ad-blocker still needs a lot of work. It doesn't block Youtube-ads for instance.

It doesn't seem to block any ads as far as I can tell. All the different sites I go to, I can see all the ads for the first time ever, since I've always browsed with uBlock Origin (and before that AdBlockPlus) for years.

Skeptical. Great narrative OP, really showed us which side to root for here, but you sound like a shill and a faggot.