Common malware programming language

hey Holla Forums

recently started reading more about cybersecurity, and i was curious bout something...

what programming languages do most malware developers use? I imagine most windows malware is written in C or some variant, but what about multi-platform malware? I know java is used for that, and to a lesser extent python. Is there some advantage that java has in this use case over python?

I guess my main question is: what are the most common languages used to program malware for windows specifically, and which are used for cross-platform malware? What are the advantages/disadvantages that make one language more likely to be used than another?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/I4iSe
archive.fo/onjU5
archive.fo/ATf3p
archive.fo/NF9MZ
archive.fo/kB7hc
archive.fo/VIIOb
archive.fo/91fTx
archive.fo/toCeJ
archive.fo/p6nVV
archive.fo/NlFfx
archive.fo/WJClM
archive.fo/6yMj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

C and Asm are the most common for windows because in the world of Information Technology, speed determines the winner.

for cross platform malware, the most SJW infested languages like, javascript, LLVM, rust, and everything else with a CoC since the LARPers of /g/ and Holla Forums avoid them like the plague because of fears of libtard ebola, thus guarantee evasion of audit.

You use whatever most people's computer will be able to run since you want to contaminate as much people as you can. So, javascript for browser related attacks and C/Asm for the rest.

php

depend on what you are doing

I would prefer to play: "guess what type of malware is being installed in the shitty stock picture"
Ok, I go first: A malicious one

it's a syntax error, that's how they got the words "malicious virus" to turn red, it's either an undeclared variable or an unquoted string literal. Also clearly a Jewish language since they've removed the antisemitic slur () and replaced it with the culturally neutral

fuck me i just got niggered gg user

Post your IP OP, so everyone can send you examples....for err research purposes.

kek'd. That was good. :)

Most malware is written in C, Python and NASM.

People tend to 'write' them in python if it's a remote exploit, but the majority of that python code is "Send this assembly over the network"

Go

not for long

all software written in c/c++ is malware

Stay in #Holla Forums.

virtually all malware is written in PHP, running on servers. If you're in a position to see lots of servers with lots of malware, PHP is what you see. Perl is used for lots of botnet daemons (with PHP malware injecting the Perl, usually). I see more fucking Node than Python or anything else, after that.

Malicious payloads for buggy programs are written in assembler or something that can emit assembler for massaging like removal of NUL bytes.

exploitation tools that deploy malware are not malware. May as well go "Hey guys Linux is malware because Kali is a linux distro."

That's not me, though.

fucking namefags get OFF MY BOARD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

more people have Java installed than Python

Anything that compiles that doesn't require an interpreter is fine for malware. C/C++ have an advantage because of win32.h

Honestly, just do Windows malware unless you really have a reason to target all platforms. If you're going after servers, target Linux. Otherwise, target Windows. There really isn't much reason to target EVERYTHING at once.

But muh ego

The EU, USA, and China would argue otherwise. Also they could probably use someone of OP's competence to degrade themselves further.
archive.fo/I4iSe
archive.fo/onjU5
archive.fo/ATf3p
archive.fo/NF9MZ
archive.fo/kB7hc
archive.fo/VIIOb
archive.fo/91fTx
archive.fo/toCeJ
archive.fo/p6nVV
archive.fo/NlFfx
archive.fo/WJClM

Here is a record of the github page before it was removed from github and the timestamp changed of the removal. It includes all the kikery terminology they use.

archive.fo/6yMj0

This system is perfect for backdooring anything and everything.
I for one welcome our new kikery spy network. Written in everything unsafe since they all suck balls at planning. Maybe I am just ranting about stuff I don't understand. I don't know anymore. Also don't do anything illegal or unlawful :P. Sage for offtopic some what.

thanks. i woke now

TL;DR seems to be that TANGO is an communication system that works on all devices, protocols, and systems. But some of those links make it sound like (((they))) are using it to literally backdoor everything possible. One of those links state outright that it is put in *.so libraries like a backdoor.

My guess is that the most popular language for malware would be low level and native. C++ or C is the obvious choice. That said though, simply having direct access to memory doesn't necessarily give any advantage to writing malware, depending on what it's trying to exploit, if anything.

My guess is that the most popular language for malware would be low level and native. C++ or C is the obvious choice. That said though, simply having direct access to memory and compilation of arbitrary cpu instructuctions doesn't necessarily give any advantage to writing malware, depending on what it's trying to exploit, if anything.

C and C++ are the best languages for malware. Your malware can be exploited by someone else's malware.

seeing as most malware displays ads or tries to steal money from the user by tracking them into paying: Java, C#, Python, JavaScript

Assembly is not what most malware developers use, C is not what most malware developers use. We're not living in 1985 anymore.

Wall of shame

This thread finally made me solidify my conviction that everyone on Holla Forums is a LARPer. Yeah, I know, kind of late to realize that, right?
In any case, you shouldn't be asking that question, OP. It really depends on what kind of "malware" you're writing.
If it's an exploit for something, it really depends on what you're exploiting. Sometimes you will *require* a specific language (eg when exploiting a browser through javascript, or some native program through, well, native code), sometimes you can pick whatever is most convenient.
If you're writing a RAT, or some other program that has to be installed on the target computer, you'll have to pick something that will run without having to install a huge runtime on the target. The smaller and faster, the better. It also depends on who you're targetting. If you want to get by under the nose of a competent person, you need something that will be able to obfuscate itself suitably, to make it hard for a tinkering individual to figure out what it does, and possibly not use too much resources for the user to notice in the task manager.

TL;DR: Figure out what you want to do, first, and only then choose the language. This applies to all kind of development, by the way, not just malware.

Angular

Well looking a dump of the Wannacry cryptolocker its written in Visual C++.

I would have though the bulk of the malware viruses that target Windows would be the same.

Even your Javascript/Java/whatever exploits primary goal is download and install a similar C based infection program.

Which makes sense to run your viruses in the same or similar code as your target OS.

Use Rust, OP

But without all those things how am I going to make people's computers slow?

Wouldn’t the server need to have the node library for it to do anything? Since node is executed server side how could a node script ever know if another server has it running with an exploit to get in the first place? Seems counterproductive.

C, C++, C# are the most common for windows. Multiplatform malware is very rare, but it's usually written in Java.
More people have Java enviroment installed.

C - small binary files, easy to obfuscate
C++ - see above
C#/.NET - fast to write, most people have .net installed anyway
Java - large projects maintainable, .jar files are multiplatform binaries so you can distribute 1 stub for all platforms

< faggot nonreply post