Post your favorite cartoon of all time

Tumblr: the Thread

Except for OP

Venture Bros is pretty good

tie between this and

Ed, Edd, & Eddy

Sadly the comics are trash

I think they're kinda fun.

Damn fucking shame this never got a serious final.

But oddly enough the Facebook page is still active.

that's not gonna encourage anyone to pick up the show

These guys did a 9/11 joke and still got a season 3

Maybe that's the final nail? The execs finally noticed that and decided to chop it.

No, they switched President's and the new CEO didn't see the appeal for shows like Dan Vs. and The Aquabats. Ironically after they axed them off all they had left was pony, strawberry shortcake, littlest pet shop, and endless reruns of tinytoons.

Those incidentally were the two most experimental shows, exactly the kind a new network would throw at the wall and see what sticks

Wait, they canceled Aquabats? But that show is fun and zany enough for kids.

It's also a campy live-action show starring some old weird guys from a cult band. There's no way it would've been picked up if not for the Yo Gabba Gabba connection

That's the point. It was supposed to emulate the campiness of old TV series for children. I actually love Aquabats because it's just so weird without stepping into bizarre territory.

A damn shame it got canceled.

They've been pushing for a TV show since the 90's. Multiple times it was Disney that shut them down because either their original pitch didn't work or the company that did green light the show got bought out by Disney. Its really weird.

Well they are Mormon

Dan got 3 seasons and The Aquabats got 2, they had the ratings but were sent to the chopping block instead. Hell Dan Vs. won a fucking award because it was so good and the Aquabats did most of their stuff with their own money.

Oh, I guess it didn't help both shows weren't actually made or owned by Hasbro/Discovery

Its amazing that in the first season they somehow pulled off a stealth season 2 using the cartoon cutaways as a scapegoat, because they didn't think the network would greenlight a second season.

Dofus: Tresors de Kerubim is comfy as FUCK. It's just a guy raising a kid, reliving his glory days and running a shop.
Plus, it's the only cartoon I've ever seen that does gay people in a subtle and actually believeable way
Then, you've got the follow up movie, which is also comfy, but has levels of badass to rival shonen anime.

Worth watching more compared to Wakfu?

A little bit, more on the comedic aspect

A tie for me… though Rick and Morty kinda has the upper hand.

Kerub is more episodic and mostly takes place all in the same city, so you don't get the globe-trotting, save the world, big damned heroes moments like Wakfu.

If you didn't grow up watching this you've missed out.

End it all, my friend.

Of course the shittiest board has the shittiest tastes.

But Holla Forums is a few blocks down.

I honestly don't know. There have been so many good ones that it's hard to point to one series and my personal, all around, favorite. I think I'll just post some of the ones I really, really liked (Or remember liking).

what is this? a 9/11 joke for ants?

This. Tintin is the shit

Zim had more fun with itself

Shit thanks

What was Liberty Kids even about?

The 13 colonies from 1773 to 1789

None of this shows have any waifus moron, and the only one that looks like bootleg Anime so far is Wakfu, and that's stretching it, thankfully no Avatar has been posted yet.

Good taste, you might enjoy Robotomy as well.

Later seasons kinda got muddled

Was it even good, I saw some of the original series but never the animated one.

The movie wasn't so much

You're a bunch of tasteless niggers

Its current incarnation is terrible

Its a given

Best pony

What was Gumby even about? I never really watched it as a kid.

That still doesn't explain anything. Looks cute though.

I watched one episode of Robotomy once while it was still on the air. From what I heard about it later on, it was created by the same people behind Superjail, and was therefore hard to market to the kid-audience of Cartoon Network. Sadly, it became the fastest-cancelled show in CN history… You really think it's worth looking into more?

I remember liking that show, tons of violence, pretty sly humor, I wonder why it died.

It was just about an anthropomorphic clay figure and his clay pony having adventures with other clay figures in books. I remember watching the 90's movie which had Gumby fighting a robot him built by literal blockheads to replace Gumby when he formed a band to save a farm. It was that weird and I loved it.

Was that the one featured on MST3K?

>>>/cuckquean/5695

Your description makes me realize that Gumby was kind of like a precursor to early adventure time. (Before all the failed arcs and shipping bait.)

I wonder if they still have that Amazon listing where it says the DVD will be released decades from now