"Flash Gordon" storytime

I haven't seen anyone talk about this series, so I figured I'd show the first year of the comic and see where things go from there.

And, there we go. Year 1 (Seasons 1-3) is down.

Even when it's a good comic but this page still bother me. Why the professor told them to get into the ship if that ship was supposed to be a kamikaze ship. He can get in alone and destroy the meteor and he will go down as the hero of earth.

The impression I got was that he was afraid they'd try to stop him (Notice he called them "spies"), which is why he acted so hostile when they arrived.

This unreleased animated feature was based pretty closely on the first arc of the comic.
Well, closer than the 1980's live action feature.
Apart from the sub-plot of Ming giving rocket science to Hitler, and Flash possibly being a spy, or at least being suspiciously well-informed for a polo player. But it makes sense, he could have been spying on Germany at the '36 Olympics in Berlin.
They later cut this film up to make the TV series.

Favourite bits: the lion-guy describing making sweet love to a lion-woman to Flash as they're bunking down "with fur so soft…"
and all the lizard-women laughing at that one lizard woman who craps out trying to mack on Flash. "Sorry, honey, you're not my type."
And the entire beginning, where everything around Flash just keeps exploding. Seriously, check it out, it's like Dragon's Lair. I have this theory that everything around him just keeps exploding or collapsing or catching fire all the time normally, he's like a walking disaster area. He's like The Dirty Pair, all we had to do to defeat Mongo was send him there, the entire planet would explode in a week.

Aside from maybe Flash's recent Dynamite books, I don't think anybody talks about his original comics outside what came after it.

Thanks for the read, cant wait if theres more.

Flash travels everywhere while wearing his own personal parachute

Finally read the rest of the comic. It sttill a stupid decision though. I mean Flash ended up confronting him inside the ship. It will be better if the prof knock them unconscious and bring them up the ship to eliminate any potential witnesses.

The animated movie had him bring them on board because everything was exploding, there were fucking asteroids that were AIMED AT HIM, and fucking LAVA everywhere, like floor is lava, but real?

The 80's movie just had him bring them on board at gunpoint because he had built the rocket so you needed some asshole to hold this stupid pedal down, and the first asshole got crushed by Flash's plane going through the greenhouse.

Ok so they actually acknowledge the problem in the comic and fixed them in different media. Good to know then.

Thanks

Its better than the shitty Syfy live action series I can tell you that.

Is that the one where Flash is a washed up basketball player, Ming isn't really that bad a ruler, and Flash is really just fighting because he's bored? Or am I getting that mixed up with the comics reboot?

Not sure but he did wear a leather jacket.

Thanks for the story time user. Pretty decent old comic. Could this possibly be the oldest comic story timed here?

And on the topic of other FG media, did anyone here watch the 90's animated series? Video embed is the opening sequence.

Always thought the gunpoint scene in the movie felt weird, pretty surprised to see it actually originated from the comic.

Could've been worse, they could've had the tight rope scene.

I loved that bit in Flesh Gordon when they're flying through a dangerous field of space hemorrhoids, basically floating space butts that fart, and to pass through they had to fire plugs up the butts, and Dr. Jerkoff has the butt lined up in his sights but he's all "I CAN'T DO IT! (sob) it- it's just so hairy!"
So Dale takes over and plugs those butts, lol.

Hey truthseeker.