Meme domain gets PWNED!

thehackerblog.com/the-io-error-taking-control-of-all-io-domains-with-a-targeted-registration/index.html
discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

teknik.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's more like hipster startup domain

What is meme or hipster about British Indian Ocean Territory?

Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

.io is my favorite TLD. It's the easiest way to tell a website is worthless without even needing to visit it.

Are you sure?

teknik.io/

Dumb question.
How would I go about creating my own domain?
Is it only letters or could I create a domain ./0

Top level domains need central approval. Either be a country or submit an application for $100k and hope it gets accepted.
Top level domains are com, org, io, us, nl, net, and so on. In practice, they're almost always only used as extensions, for domains like example.org, 8ch.net, etcetera. You can buy those via domain registrars.
A lot of characters are fine, but / is out, and . is used as a separator between domains and subdomains so if you want to have ebin.inter.net as a domain you need to register inter.net.
OpenNIC is a DNS provider with its own set of additional top level domains. If you have a good idea for a top level domain it could get approved there. A while back they accepted .chan for imageboards. Those only work for people who use OpenNIC though.

No room for doubt now.

DNS is fucking retarded. I wish some blackhat did this simple attack instead of this faggot.

it is de facto meme/hipster

I thought it was like $250K. .nigger when?

almost every .io domain uses cuckflare. it couldn't be any more hipster if it tried. pic related

But .io is based, they don't give a flying fuck about (((takedown))) requests. Many good sites are hosted on it.

.io master race plebs are just mad they didn't jump on this hot tld before all the good names were taken YET AGAIN

that would be great if i could actually see any of the content on .io

why can't you? are you special?

because i use tor, which makes most of .io look like the right side of the above pic. most tor users aren't using it to visit a bunch of hipster bootstrap product pages though so they dont notice much

if you specifically wanted to play the game at the right part of the screenshot over Tor, then that's pointless, because the roundtrip time will disappoint you. Tor is not applicable for real time games, until the backing technology evolves somehow.

Vanity TLDs are $150k up front and you have to subjectively convince IANA that your request is reasonable and that you can administrate one competently for x number of years

so you're special

Holla Forums is only good for shitposting tbh.

Holla Forums could do without shitposters like you tbh

proof?

Exclusively? Are you a fugitive or something?

Could be in China.

agar.io is the first .io domain when you search for site:.io. I've actually played some games over tor and it wasn't so bad. I can't remember how bad agar is. An FPS of course would be terrible but then again people commonly play them with 300 ping anyway, and lots of games have this shit where if your client reports that you killed someone, the server believes you, which gives advantage to higher ping players.

I use tor as a bandaid for the broken web and have since around 2008. It was fine until cuckflare gained power and put their homosexual WAF in front of every web page.
lol