More of a thread for >>>/o/ but whatever:

What would this board drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S7SIHESD4vU
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>>/g/

just call an uber :DDDDD

A nice mercedes or a BMW. Alternatively an RX-7 or any other 90s jdm. A Holla Forums car is just like any other car, LARPer kek.

Remote controlled DeLorean.
youtube.com/watch?v=S7SIHESD4vU

tesla^Wgoogle self driving car

Same dude also has a remote controlled KITT replica, that's cool af.

Except RC sounds like a security risk.

t. wants a Justy with the hilariously unreliable awesome ECVT and 4WD

If a car has a libre ECU it will fuck you in other aspects. The GNU/Car would have a subsciption fee and would have a USER PERFORMANCE SURVEY.

Tofu Tofu car.

A software-free Maybach SW38, with printed openstreetmaps and a compass.

I would drive a non-computerized car, preferably diesel.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

Lexus LS400. V8 Engine, smooth handling, feels floaty but that's what you have to expect from a "luxury" car. The thing is a fucking beast and it doesn't even look fast

Golf GTI Mk2

I drive a chevy, am willing to replace ecm software with free software[seL4 Preferably] or manual gearbox (for emp apocalypse).

Driving is for the blue-collar underclass who can't telecommute.

People like you are why (((tech companies))) are pushing for self-driving cars. Can't have one of the last bastions of personal freedoms remain free now can we?

Suby asshole here, just drive it. Run new electric circuits, add a 2m rig and a carputer that does whatever I damn well want it to. Use an SDR and scan for interesting signals? Yawn, I have to remember to look at the daily figures. Serve up a pirate box? You know what? Nobody really cares. But I can still do it.

And because it's an old piece of shit, people have figured out stuff. Manually switch to a 50/50 front to back power share? Yep. FWD only? Came from the factory with that hack.

I can wrench on it easier than any other crapola that I've had in the last twenty years, parts are cheap and by $Diety it's fun to fucking drive.

Worked on the scooter recently, and it looks like a project to replace this clock module in the instrument panel with an ESP8266+OLED display.

The current plan is to make it scan for known/open wireless networks and update itself automatically...

...progress photo

The ModeMCU only has ~25kB of memory after MicroPython is loaded, so nixed the bitmap fonts idea... so I've gone for a pseudo 16-segment vector font.

Now looking for a usable GPS module..

Are those schematics on that notebook or some kind of cryptic symbols?

this

Learn to assemble or at the very least strict ansi-c.

Also 25 kB of flash memory is a FUCKING LOTS A MEMORY. Kids today don't know about my 256 bits of flash memory with .boot section no more than 30 bits. Also use external nand flash memory or sd card memory or buy a fucking "module", you electronics pleb . It's some 32-bit ARM proccesor, i'm pretty damn sure of it, so it can load from external memory if it is given right boot[0.1] configuration pin pull-ups and -downs. Don't go with down's syndrome, open up datasheet and go for bitwise operations, wanker, they are fast and give you the maximum possible control on program flow and both flash and ram memory consumption. Also, don't go for "local" variables, stack may become muddied and fat pretty soon; it matters a lot when calling interrupts.

Just character set ideas. 16 segments goes very conveniently into an unsigned int... so including a character/glyph/whatever is very efficient, with all font-sizes covered..

I'm the guy who was posting those Z80 and wire-wrap projects here, so I'll code in whatever I like cocksmokers.
Plus that say ESP8266 right on the fucking package, hurr.
I suspect you're not at my level.

(you)
whatever, cockmongler
keep swallowing that sperm of mine

what's pll, cocksucker?
and go for pic24/msp/cortex l for low-current consumption, arduino turd-eating kid. if you ever wish to learn something. anything at all, except for your fancy hal libraries

Rather than carrying-on like a 15 year-old Internet Tough Guy, post something that shows you're not talking shit.

nodemcu.com/index_en.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESP8266
gnoo

docs.micropython.org/en/latest/esp8266/esp8266/quickref.html
docs.micropython.org/en/latest/esp8266/esp8266/general.html

I ride a superior Japanese steel 10 speed road bike that I found by a dumpster

You know, usually when I read posts like this I always assume they are over-exaggerating in some way but this time, I actually fully believe you straight-up took a dirt-bike out of a dumpster and use it as a daily driver.

And the Arduino/Atmega's give you like 8kB..
But, this is just a one-off project, where a scripting lang does the job. (Adding a ntpdate call to set the clock was literally 3 lines..) I picked up the NodeMCU for $5, too.

If Mister had a clue, he's pick on the fact I'm using hobbyist hardware in a 'Industrial'/high-vibration environment. A mate does software for Buses, and even boxes that're installed inside near the driver have steroid-level engineering.)

Are you lacking reading comperhension?

ROAD
bike.

On topic: picrel isn't mine but its what I ride as a secondary bike: a 1996 Trek Singletrack 970ZX setup as offroad commuter with way too wide tires (fairly worn Hans Dampfs in 2.35) and a rack+bag.

Fuck forgot pic.

Do tell.

I would seriously prefer that car

cool bike. i have a light brown nishiki olympic

Wish i saw a lot more cars like this on the road. Would be a lot more fun to drive.

Sure you could buy a Tesla, but wouldnt it be a lot more fun to make your own?

Mister hobbyist hardware in a 'Industrial'/high-vibration environment
FUUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
GIT OUT AND GRAB YOUR FILTHY KIND!!!!

I don't have to prove anything to a kewl non 13 y.o. kid. If i ever to say something about ISR, you would google it, but you are a lazy bum who didn't even googled what PLL is and what's its use You don't know shit about electronics and your friend might kill people with this shit. Industrial standard is at least 4 layers with separate power layers, but you probably already knew about this, you supreme """""Industrial"""""-grade shitposter.
If you ever wish to advance in this field you go for the basics: assembler, datasheet, direct bitwise operations and (probably) x51 controllers. Unlike what you think of yourself as a cool "java monkey type" """""embedded""""" developer you are not only polluting a small community of honest engineers, but also putting lives of millions under a risk. If you are so stupid you couldn't figure it out on your own, than i bid farewell and ask you urgently to go take a ride in a chinese elevator or escalator, made by the same never-ever-learning easy-going monkeys like you and your friend kind.

There's no downside to linux since you can VM into windows and do a direct pipeline.

I would unironically buy an UAZ-469, webm related. A WWII era Willy's Jeep would also have been nice.