Why would you ever buy an AMD product?

Why would you ever buy an AMD product?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/20150518063212/http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/66279485/nsa-hiding-equation-spy-program-on-hard-drives
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good performance-price ratio, that's why I bought my RX480 last December.

Why would I buy woodscrews and firestarters? I want to play games not go fucking camping

i dunno, why would i ever buy any product?

That hasn't been true since 2009. And it isn't even true now. Ryzen was supposed to market to "PC-tuners" who like mix and matching different hardware configs. Ryzen may be as good as Intel if you have the correct RAM and manage to get a stable overclock (because of AMDs unified memory architecture) but that's easier said then done. We were all hoping AMD would just deliver reliable chips that would de-throne Intels shitty monopoly and they couldn't even deliver that. Who knows? Maybe AMDs next-gen of Cat Cores will be able to compete with Intels Atoms and we can get a variety of chips in the ultra-mobile space but seeing as AMD is investing in ARMShit for that sector I doubt we'll see that.

just werks with open source drivers

Reminder that i9 requires water cooling as a minimal

Why ?

...but aren't Intels drivers just open sauce officially?

I would not buy their modern CPU's without the (((PSP))) being removed and or opensourced for us to modify to our hearts content. I would not buy their modern/recent GPU's without them releasing the source for the vbios/datasheets to reverse engineer it because not trustworthy after (((they))) shilled their older gpu's into closed source vbios and stopped reverse engineering efforts.

Source on that. If that is true maybe there is a little more hope for the X86/_64 platform before switching to RISC based CPU's.

But Ryzen IS amazing if you look at something else than gaymes.

Ryzen's price to performance ratio is fine at stock clock settings.

openbsd drivers
moar vram
better opengl perf.

GPU buddy

Because the heatspreader isn't attached

Oh great, one of you fucking retard redditors linked to this site, now the shills are flooding in.

Because the most powerful x86 cpus without "seperate UNIX computer system inside your CPU with complete and total access to everything and anything and also an internet connection for TRUSTED(tm) COMPUTING IN COROPRATE APPROVED SECURE(tm) SAFE(tm) SECURITY(tm) ZONE", or anything like that, happen to be AMD. That is why. I do not care what label the box came with.
Now fuck off.

What's wrong with PSP but perfectly fine with the ARM in your hard disk, SD card, SD card controller, mouse, keyboard, monitor, monitor cable,

PSP is literally a hardware based hypervisor running under the system. I'm just saying that it's really no better or worse than ME

that's a geniune problem and has been already exploited before. Essentially no fix for now (afaik)
Network access. The former is like a USB stick and the latter should not be left always connected, it regardless cannot do much even if penetrated.
FOSS and DIY alterrnatives exist.
Network access.
Nothing wrong, user.

It's in SSDs, and they need physical access to the disk, so it doesn't change the threat model (they could just implant another chip if they had physical access anyway)
Aren't they connected over PCI?

take a hike Intel kike

It was the best use of my money at the time.

You wish. archive.fo/20150518063212/http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/66279485/nsa-hiding-equation-spy-program-on-hard-drives

It was designed with a decent increase in IPC while maintaining a relatively low power draw, hence it's process node being 14nm FinFET LPP. It's design was also to include massive scalability for it's server products, low power draw and almost 100% linear scalability per die proves this.

Good thing Intel Core i9's suddenly showed up and put KBL-X into it's X299 platform for no fucking reason

Ryzen already runs at under 1v at 3.00GHz, the 1700 is an 8c/16t CPU rated at 65W. Undervolting well binned dies could possibly put high core count cpus in a mobile platform.

AMD cancelled their ARM CPU that was codenamed Hierofalcon around the time when Jim Keller left to work for Tesla.

(you)

get a load of this kike
Yeah, because a pure Intel or pure Nvidia system is really great!

Not sure if this is bait or you're a retarded fanboy.

Thanks to Nintendo's highest defect rate on launch ever, we now know what one of those looks like

Because Intel and Nvidia are more evil.

Yes, my next system is going to be amd pure with ryzen/vega, whenever the fuck vega releases.
No more shekels to intel.

Disinfo will get you nowhere, faggot. Also, you forgot to post the single Crowbat video you think 100% proves it.

Isn't that pretty much the standard for business laptops nowadays?

Fam.
He's not talking about whatever the latest consumer whore shit on the market is.