Thought crime coming soon to USA

The city of Los Angeles is looking to help police predict and prevent hate crimes — one tweet at a time.

Beginning in January, researchers from the California-based RAND Corporation and Cardiff University in the United Kingdom will begin monitoring millions of tweets in an attempt to find indicators and patterns that a victim is about to be targeted due to their race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion. The project, funded by $600,000 from the U.S. Department of Justice, will then compare that data to reported hate crimes in Los Angeles County to see if there’s any relationship.

Cahill said the three-year project will only analyze prior tweets, with no active monitoring of tweets or particular users. Researchers will be focusing on identifying and classifying some type of “hate sentiment,” she said, like terms that refer to specific communities or individuals in a derogatory way.

Cardiff researchers said previous research from its Social Data Science Lab has shown that data from Twitter can be used to identify certain locations where hate speech has occurred but has not been reported. One example, according to researchers, is an area where recent immigrants may be unlikely to report crime due to deportation fears.

archive.is/infX7

Other urls found in this thread:

bjs.gov/content/pub/press/hcv0412stpr.cfm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is gonna be good! DEA 2.0 incoming~!

it's nothing

Not only to USA, brother.

it's just LA pozzing itself some more.
Stop acting like this applies to anybody buy you eurocucks already affected and LA faggots.

If you're wondering where this will end

Well, if Hillary wins, we will get European type hate speech laws.

I don't believe every single media post about north korea is truth though. Banning sarcasm seems illogical for a country that always laughs at US.

Bump

Lulz

I should slap your teeth out.

kekekekekeke

I know there are a lot of people saying it's just LA but this was funded directly by the US DoE. I don't need to tell you what that means, right?

North Korea isn't the point. Your government is funding a study to enable and ultimately normalise the "preventative detainment" of people based on twitter posts. Very soon you will be living in an age where you can be arrested for having an opinion. OP's article is only the beginning.
The more people enure themselves to this, either through denial or cuck reasoning (the 1st amendment doesn't protect hate speech!) the easier it will be to take your rights away. Not at once but little and often, one small piece at a time.
That's what happened in Europe. Take note, burgers.

Your tax dollars at work

Cool, it should primarily affect blacks since all they do is spew hate.

I thought USA had the 1st amendment?

Well damn. Are they going to go after mudskin gangmembers? Muslim terrorist? Or just white people…?

Sounds like profiling. Sounds unconstitutional.

I guess the Soviets passed hate crime laws before the wall came down. Good job Jews.

Stock up on Zyklon-B.

You really don't understand how the ZOG works, do you?

The first ammendment does not protect hate speech, goy.
t. MSM

I hate my state.

You know its the jews when the number 6 is in it.
The fuck is up with jews and the number 6?

Don't we all. I want commiefornia to get nuked already. I don't care if I die anymore as long as I get to laugh at the libs burning.

I can't believe the goyim fall for this.

That entire state needs to rot. Why anyone on this board still lives there is beyond me.

Haven't gotten a better job in a decent state yet. As soon as I do, I'm out of here.

This seems more suspicious to me then this grab for tax dollars. It is based on this supposed increase in hate crimes and then the claim that 50% of hate crimes go unreported.

I think we should dig more into this: bjs.gov/content/pub/press/hcv0412stpr.cfm

The band-aid effect they're wasting money on here will only be a temporary solution, even if the program is a wild success.
Culture changes constantly, peoples manner of speaking on the internet cannot effectively be used to predict anything for long.

can't say I'm surprised. Kalki can't come soon enough.

Good. Only faggots and niggers use shit like Twitter. Nobody fucking cares about your political opinion or what you had for lunch.

If this bags a ton of stupid niggers flashing stolen guns and making threats on some faggot social media, it's a good thing.

>You really don't understand how the state works, do you?
Ftfy, applies to any government Zionist Occupied or not.

Honestly twitter was a blast during the primaries. It was so much fun abusing Cruzlims for losing all those primaries. I think people call this side of twitter 'frog twitter'.

Its gonna target nothing but feral racist black people

Are you that naive?

examine simply in order to understand how communities interact.
examine. don't interfere. don't disrupt communications.

And we all know why they don't just use data mining in tweets to find the perpetrators of crime.

Guess they figured the world has seen enough racist AIs lately.
They

TL:DR

We're never going to fix any actual problems, so were going to spend a shit load of your money making up problems, and look like we're working to solve them, while not doing anything, but going on a tax hike

What kind of hate crimes are even happening in LA? Whites for the most part here don't involve themselves in the kind of things that would lead to confrontation with non-whites, so I'm guessing blacks attacking asians or hispanics attacking blacks?

RAND is CIA if anyone didn't know.

What is this? Any sort of crime prediction will be called racist because blacks commit more crimes. Racial profiling works, people just don't like it because it's mean.

Unless the only crime they're looking to prevent is hate speech. Which of course, only applies to whites. Blacks wanting to kill whites is reverse racism and not the same, and Muslims wanting to kill gays is just part of their culture and we must be tolerant.

At last I truly see.

What's 'mean' about the truth user?

Just to say the word nigger and spic is deragatory.

Thats one of the top global government arms BTW.

Niggers will be arrested even more for trying to rob whitey and shitposting about what they jacked.

bump

Unless they're white

Unless they're male

Unless they're straight (although really how often do feral homosexuals do this? A bunch of tumblrsexuals are never actually going to assault anyone either.)

Can't really see gangs of deaf people beating up normal people. This really only happens with deaf people browbeating other deaf people out of getting cochlear implants and shit

Unless they're christian

You mean Muslim, right?

City of Los Angeles is soon to be under water.
PRAISE KEK

Here's how this is going to work for you stupid faggots that can't figure it out.

1) Jews pay for a study on correlating online "hate speech" with hate crime. They tweak their results to come out showing that yes you can predict hate crimes based on hate speech.

2) Jews get hate speech criminalized so people can actually be locked up, just like Brendon O'Connell or Ursela Haverbeck.

3) Jews start targeting those who are the most active politically against the jews with these laws and work their way down to the average shit poster as they get the time.

4) Jews asymmetric warfare begins decreasing anti-jew activity online, which is the predominate place for all anti-jew activity at this point.

They will spread the hate speech to include every thing that impedes their implementation of their global governance.

you are illiterate

Try being Odinist, you softcore faggot.

(check'd and kek'd)
Here we go again.

YOU HAVE ONE JOB TO DO BURGERS, ONE JOB
IF YOU FUCK THIS UP WE WILL ALL BE GULAG'D

I will not let it happen, to go on this site more shameful than Britons would be a fate to terrible to live through.

Holla Forums you've forced me to be act "nice" to minorities to get their vote. Fucking white males at college though are a pain to convince, at least in public and in groups.

In private you can just call their manhood into question and make them know their weakness. Women are easier at least to get a correct answer from through pressuring them by disappointment.

California will be red or I'll fucking make it red.

so it will be a moron detector? what will they do with the millions of stupids they will find on liberal campus? add them to a trollable list?

bump