Codemonkey's site optimization discussion

So Codemonkey has posted a thread for discussions about site optimizations in /sudo/. Unfortunately /sudo is filled with pure cancer whose only skill is shitposting. So, I am posting this thread to draw attention of any Holla Forums anons well versed in PHP who are interested in contributing

>>>/sudo/41586

remove requirement for referer [sic] header. inb4 muh csrf

Everyone post profiler screenshots in there until something is done about this site's miserable JS.

I made a /sudo/ thread with one of these months ago but the fucking faggot evidently doesn't read his own board

You see, this site's miserable JS is a client-side problem, so why would Shoddymonkey care about it?

Posting speed is a server-side problem, one that may be costing Jim "Pigfucker" Watkins some shekels. So of course that's TOP PRIORITY.

Perhaps the issue not lies in codemonkey but in the fact codemonkey must work with a codebase which is a fork of a fork of an imageboard software which initially was written by a 15-year-old 4chon-clone-administrator, which has upstream been abandoned, and that has a plethora of issues.

Infinity Next could have been the solution, however:
1. Josh sucks and would love to attack Holla Forums in bullshit lawsuits
2. Jim doesn't want to take a risk with AGPL, which is understandable to him and 2channel engineers
3. Infinity Next has performance issues, and, if I'm not mistaken, failed in migration 3 times

I suggest that if you have an issue with the JavaScript that powers this site, you actually do what I am doing, and learn javascript and fix it yourself. You calling codemonkey a faggot produces nothing. It fixes nothing. It optimizes nothing. Please, remove yourself.

why not use blaze/lynx/next-chan? why try improve the steaming pile of shit that is vichan?

Because lynx and next have even more problems as far as most poeple know.

what people? larper who cannt code on Holla Forums?
what problems? muh josh, muh php, muh node, muh mongodb, muh templating, ...?
vichan is by fucking miles the biggest pile of shit out of all the alternatives.

Even if a clearly superior software that doesn't have any big flaws appeared, there's probably a 0% chance Jim/Ron would bother switching to it at this point.

Everyone who cared abandoned Next, Blaze is not ready, Lynx is supposedly slow but I wouldn't know.

Finally, a chance for Holla Forums to prove to the site that they're not a bunch of larpers

You really think anyone in here gives a fuck about PHP?

Lynxchan is a steaming pile of shit too, although it steams in different ways.

see

not an argument

lynx chan lacks many features, additionally the way it handles a few features (such as loading image previews or verious moderation tools) is rather shitty.

oh shit it isnt?
not an argument

Lynxchan likes to redirect you to pages that don't exist or haven't updated yet, because waiting until a redirect makes sense is too hard.
It groups moderation logs by day, not by board, which makes them nearly useless unless you scrape them.
Its anti-spam early 404 feature is completely bonkers. Compared to Holla Forums's early 404 it's more dangerous for legitimate threads, less effective against spam, and not even easier to implement. Holla Forums's early 404 deletes threads with fewer than ten replies when they go past page 5, Lynxchan's early 404 deletes threads with fewer than five replies after an hour.
Yesterday, when trying to automate board recovery on Endchan, I accidentally discovered an innocuous-looking request that consistently crashed the website and made it restart. I can't reproduce it on Lynxhub, I might mess with it locally later.
I haven't tested this on other instances yet, but on Endchan, the thread auto-update counter likes to completely break, or occasionally, count below 0 and indefinitely into the negative.
Lynxchan's placeholder front-end has amazing documentation like "**: will be ignored if values are higher than the global equivalent as elements not present on the global equivalent.". That particular footnote is entirely missing from Endchan's front-end, although it's still referred to.
Lynxchan's moderation tools are a disaster of user interface design, and mixed in with some user tools.
I can go on like this for a while. I have a fair amount of experience with Lynxchan. I'm writing a blog post kind of thing about Lynxchan that I may publish at some point.

I had skimmed through the code and was shocked by how poorly its written.
Just a big pile of spaghetti code.
What a pain it should be to maintain this shit.
It's almost like the person who wrote it had diminished mental capacity.

kys

t. codemonkey

please fuck off

It turns out most people prefer a retarded rent-a-coder with a lot of hardware and bandwidth and an inherited trash fire written by crack addicts over a crowdfunded bespoke piece of software that can't find someone equally gullible to host it.

Josh has an aunt who is lawyer. He got disowned by her for his net shenanigans, but this doesn't take this out of the equation.

The Javascript needs some fixing here. It is by the looks of it not the actual bottle neck. I confirm 3. In fact you can go to some gay board about chatlogs and read all about all 3 of them in the first pinned thread. To that I also add that there is only one instance of Next left, namely Nextchan. It would also have worked with the original code, because it has even less users than pre 78chan /sp/.

Sage for obvious reasons.

Of course, you could totally do it if you really wanted to *wink*

hello friends the javascript is normal. no rewrite. thanks you for time.

benis

No one wants to help him rewrite dogshit. They've destroyed any and all community goodwill among people who aren't brain damaged.

Dude you have no idea what you're talking about.
Anyone can waste anyone else's time with lawsuits. It doesn't fucking require you using Josh's shitty PHP framework app. Like SLAPP's, anyone can file a lawsuit in bad faith.
Jim just doesn't know how the AGPL fucking works, so he made up some bullshit. Also, ever since his outsourcing company screwed the pooch by storing unencrypted credit card information, he increasingly doesn't want anything "open source" even though his shitty credit card processing application was closed source.
It's funny, why would they be using vichan if they were afraid of lawsuits. STI's copyright notice at the bottom was removed at one point and wasn't the cripple always afraid of a lawsuit from that aussie faggot? lmao
None of the narrative even makes any sense in hindsight. It's this way because Jim wants it to be this way. There's no logical arguments, it's just whatever those filipino faggots decree.

Lynxchan is actually slower to template than Infinity Next. It also suffers from similar flaws that Holla Forums got hung up on summers ago. Lynx put a build queue in front of it because he's a genius.

this site has higher system requirements than most AAA games on steam

Do give a link if you publish.