GPU shortage

When will this insane GPU shortage end? RX 480's go for over $400 and GTX 1070 even more than that. My guess is that a lot of this shit will die down when mining stops being profitable with regular gpu's but I have no idea when that's going to happen

I thought the shortage was over with the bitcoin crash?

I heard there's a flood of second hand GPUs too, should be safe to snatch something that came out recently, no?

that was back in 2013, the big thing now is ethereum mining and it has completely wrecked the market. If you don't believe me go on any major retailer and try to find a gpu more powerful than a GTX 1050ti for anywhere near MSRP, that if they even have it in stock; the used market is even worse, price gouging on eBay is Jew levels of bad.

Ethereum and other Ethash coins are GPU-optimized and "ASIC-proof". ETH Prices have dipped down a little but they're slowly stabilizing and its still easily profitable. Pretty much every Polaris or Pascal GPU you buy right now will pay for itself even with european kWh prices.

Polaris, especially the 570/470 will slowly be less and less efficient as the Ethereum DAG file size increases, the decline already started.

If the markets don't crash, expect Polaris to slowly be less overvalued and the Pascals, mostly the 1070 to pick up in price

Does this mean I'll have no chance of buying a vega?

Might as well kill myself tbh

Mass execution of Cryptoniggers when?

Monero shills pls go

I'm not really familiar with AMD cards, but don't they have 8GB models out? The DAG will hit 4GB around mid-late 2019 so I don't foresee a problem for the beefier ones.

Not so much people as Chinese bugmen.

Personally I think (((they))) are trying to take all very old AMD and all pre maxwell GPU's off the market. For the sole reason being that you can make or there already is fully foss software for said gpu's(read no backdoors or even possible backdoors). Like tech specs for the vbios on oldish amd gpu's. And the unrestricted access to memory adress space to be reverse engineered on all pre-maxwell nvidia gpu's. But I don't know for sure.

Personally, you're a retard.
This thread isn't even about old AMD cards at all, which are all readily available on eBay

This sums up why all forms of cripplecurrency are scams. You can't compete with a nation of gold farmers at Bitcoin, a game where the only action is gold farming. They have a 25 year head start and most of the world's silicon manufacturing capacity.

I don't think you understand Bitcoin. It's not about mining the most, but earning the most, it's a fucking currenct

it's a fucking list of hash collisions that a cult of retards has chosen to gamify and sell to each other for real currency.

when etherium mining is no longer profitable

I don't fucking buy that, because if I was a retarded cryptofag miner this is what I'd do:

It's the only way to save face. Selling the GPU's is akin to shamefully admitting defeat.

Thing is, there are a number of less popular coins that are significantly more easier and profitable than ETH to mine, but people jumping on this train probably are too stupid to find out what.

mfw same gpu used is going for $100 more than what I paid for it new last year

whoa shit that gif is big

Once the used GPUs are sold again on eBay or whatever, won't their lifespan be worse? Buying one used after some cryptocurrency crash might be a bad idea, unless you really want a cheap PC.