Snotgirl Storytime

You know how there's lots of shit comics nowadays that try and fail to be interesting and for girls, ala Patsy Walker and the like?
Snotgirl's a pretty good example of doing girly comics well. I found out it was drawn by a favorite artist of mine, and after reading a couple volumes, I thought it'd be fun to storytime, even if 99.99% of you are dudes. Maybe you'll at least appreciate the art and the strange mystery that starts to surround the story. And some quality waifus.

Let's get started.

Other urls found in this thread:

milkmanner.tumblr.com/
digital.darkhorse.com/series/199/resident-alien
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

End of No.1

End of No.2

That's all for now, folks!
It made me so frustrated when I read that we won't get more till this spring/summer. So long from now!

Thanks for the read user.

Thanks OP. This is something I never would have thought to read but it was pretty OK. It was interesting to see how they let her be a little silly and stupid while maintaining a level of sympathy for her.

I think it's worth noting that this would have been horrible if she were a superhero though. The conflicts wouldn't make any sense, her irresponsiblity would have been unforgivable, and some of her behavior would be practically villainous. I think you hit the nail on the head by comparing this to shit like Hellcat and pointing out that this is an example of a girly comic done well.

Well shit.
Most girly girl-targeted western comics are about perfect mary sues in worlds full of bad writing, cliche-at-best plot devices and a supporting male cast designed purely to make the heroine and author-insert feel good about herself.
This one's got a protagonist with some genuine damage and I actually kind of give a shit about what happens next.

Glad you guys enjoyed it! I wasn't sure I'd like it either, but I'm pretty invested now. And I really love Misty.
If you guys are interested, the artist is pretty active in dumping their stuff on social media. She's got a tumblr, and before you complain– she only uses it to dump art. She's not vocal and she's done nothing to suggest she's an SJW.
Here's some of her art, and here's her tumblr:
milkmanner.tumblr.com/

Yes it's shilling but I've been a fan of her and looked up to her for years.

Check her twitter. She hates Trump and supports shit like BLM.

She's an SJW.

Well so much for that then. I was actually considering reading through OP's storytime.

Well at least the art is nice.

BLM and anything else SJW isn't mentioned in the comic. She's just the artist.

It's also kinda worth noting that hating Trump and supporting BLM is kind of just… Normalfag stuff. It's not Kate Leth level.

I can't in good conscious support anyone with that crazed sort of mindset.

Can we just enjoy a comic without Holla Forums infused in it? It's like Holla Forums is waiting in every corner expecting to jump on every thread. I bet they don't even have good comic and cartoon knowledge.

Strangely enough, none of them objected to the brown French Maya Ducard during the Batman storytimes.

Hey, just like the SJW shills writing the comics.
It's almost like we're being bombarded from both sides of the political spectrum by a pack of dilettantes and casuals with their own agendas.

She's not exactly blatantly black or a big character outside of the Robin stuff. And she was introduced during DC YOU. A bit after New 52 when no one cared about DC anymore because of how shit they got.

Jesus fucking Christ, that got dark real fast
Like holy shit, they kiss, and then Lovecraftian horror girl just pushes her off the building like it's nothing

That was a fantastic read

Hating SJWs and BLM is not a Holla Forums thing. It's been something Holla Forums has been doing for a long time and even mentioning Holla Forums or making vague accusations about Holla Forums is merely asking for trouble and demanding a thread be derailed.

The only people who need to fuck off from Holla Forums are faggots like you who do this shit IN EVERY GODDAMNED THREAD.

And oh look, historical revisionism, another Holla Forums and Holla Forums trademark. Claiming consensus, and claiming consensus retroactively.

You need to go back. Holla Forums and Holla Forums need to stop treating Holla Forums like Vietnam.

Try again.

Has anyone noticed that Holla Forums's traffic seems non-existant these days. It's because Tumblr SJWs are reasserting their self here.

Go back to reddit, faggot.

Every fucking time.
You guys are the reason why more tumblrites have been sneaking in recently. Extremism causes the pendulum to swing.

Shit, user, you're right. With how Snottie's hand was stretched out and how she had touched her face earlier with the blood on it, I thought that she was the one that pushed her.
But those are Coolgirl's nails. Short and a dark shade of purple.
I wonder if it was meant to be that ambiguous or if it was just an accident.

If you look at the other instances where the narrative is unclear or discontinuous I think it's intentional. The whole section where she isn't sure if the events in the bathroom even happened or not certainly points that way. I also think they're leveraging her somewhat reality detached interest in friviolities like fashion to infer she's an unreliable narrator (a tricky feat in visual media). Perfect Blue did something very similar to great effect. I'm genuinely curious to see where they're going with this.

Too bad Beyonder and his monkey of a Janitor are a bunch of lazy fucks who can't seem to moderate anything, allowing derailments like these to occur.

Yes cry for a moderation clamp down to make your board more like Reddit and less like a chan. That's the answer. Holla Forums will only be acceptable when it's just like posting at fucking Comics Alliance. Go fuck yourself.

Confirmed for not even reading the storytime. Why are you even here, faggot?
Also, I know you guys like plugging your ears and going 'lalalala' but he didn't win the popular vote. And many Americans didn't even bother to vote because they hated both candidates. That's not counting all the people who hated Trump but just hated Hillary more and voted for him.

I don't know what I was expecting when reading that comic, but the acronym-speak and general attitude of the bloggers is pretty obnoxious.
Then the bathroom head bash took it from 0 to 11, then it dwindled again, brought it up to a 4 with the hinting at an investigation, dwindled again, then it cranked it up to 15 with that ending.
As for the artist's personal opinions on politics and etc, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are just horribly misinformed.

Don't bother. in Holla Forums all personal is political.

Trump is flawless, and bla bla bla.

A little bit of moderation isn't a bad thing user, its the sole thing that separates boards from being carbon-copies of Holla Forums with a subject only in name. Just look how Holla Forums turned out when the mods there abandoned them back in September, absolute shit show.

Holla Forums is way more enjoyably because people actually have fun there with shitposting and I don't have to listen to a bunch of insufferable SJW-lite faggots who belong in Reddit and were crying for muh PR during GamerGate. These are the same people that let feminazis take over comics and told people here, on fucking hatechan, it was fine and just a passing fad (that still hasn't ended years after they wormed their way into power in comics). You have no fucking credibility whatsoever.

Every single time some faggot on halfchan cried for people to keep politics off their board, what they meant was that they wanted only their political beliefs to be allowed.

If someone cannot browse Holla Forums and tolerate even the least controversial, least Holla Forums-flavored statements like saying, "BLM is a bunch of uppity niggers funded by globalist kike faggots" without crying about Holla Forums invading, then they do not have the barest mental fortitude needed to belong here.

Holla Forums is a goddamned hellhole of forced memes and faggotry that turned the board into a black cock-themed version of Holla Forums. Even Holla Forums on its worst days is better than what happened to Holla Forums.

Why would I read your feminazi written comic, OP? You could have avoided this by not taking the bait and crying like a bitch that people didn't kiss your ass for posting this no name comic here, but no you had to start crying about Trump like a cunt.

To trigger you, SJW.

Confirmed for libshit retard that thinks Commiefornia should rule all other 49 states.

You don't want him to descend from Olympus, user. You'll get exactly what you wished for, just like Highjinks, and just like him you'll hate it.

Really, the best BOs I've seen are Chrow and Beyonder, between your friendly, slightly put-upon headman and the aloof but decisive judgement from the mountaintop. Neither interfere without good reason, and both have a good grasp of what that reason should be.

And despite that, it's still a better board than Holla Forums, because capeshit reddit fags can't shitpost for shit other than posting their cringey /cow/ tier cartoon character feet threads. I also like how you're such identity whores everytime everyone talks shit about Holla Forums, you take it personally like a true autist, which exactly demonstrates why the cancer here is worse than an almost unmoderated board.

This may as well be Something Awful now.

So John is clearly crossdressing to become Coolgirl, but why? Is he just crazy? Is Lottie crazy?
which girl would you fuck?

It took the vols almost 24 hours to delete a Fattie thread that was masquerading as a Thick Thread.

Beyonder is never around, its that Janitor with the Dexter reaction images that actually seems to care for Holla Forums and interact when things pass the point of no return.
Aux is better

No, it really isn't.

I thought that at first. But no. They're too different physically. He's not girlish enough.
And it doesn't explain the strange ghost things that happen when Coolgirl is around.

Holla Forums is legitimately one of the worst boards on this site, user. It reflects the state of television and movies: controlled by jews and full of shitty forced memes.

It used to be decent before September, but the mods went postal

Her "trial run" allergy meds are definitely fucking with her head somehow, but it's unclear how they're going to handle it. The obvious answer is split personality route, with her meeting Caroline before starting the meds being fragmented memories as the alternate self tries to justify its existence and make itself seem more real by giving it a reasonable starting point. No one else has seen Caroline. The closest is Charlene, but it occurs during a stressful moment, making it perfectly reasonable that Lottie's hallucinating that as well.

Aside from that, all the characters are realistically cuntish to each other, really fits their stupid tumblrfag/instagram bullshit lives. This is indeed the type of girly comic that we need more of.

But what's up with the doctor? Is he trying to fuck her or what?

When was this? Also, fuck, man, it's easier if you don't reply to those.

The only times I've seen Beyonder is during anti-Jojo autist and Highjinks crises. He acted well in those.

Is an annoyance, but he's a damn sight better than anything on /a/, I'll give you that.

Excuse me? I don't think that term means what you think it does.

Something else is going on here, user.

A couple days ago and the OP was spamming fatties for 10 hours straight.

A rare sighting indeed

He can be hard but you can actually talk to him in the meta-thread. Don't know much about /a/, it seems alright from a distance. A guy was shitposting trash about Holla Forums in a random thread, after a single report he seemed to have been banned

Cop = Coolgirl seems unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out completely. The scene where he reminisces about an image of her in the bathroom could be simple (e?)stalking or it could be remote viewing or some other supernatural chicanery which would make some form of glamour possible within the universe. I like how the viewpoint character's general obliviousness makes me uncertain just how fantastic the story is. So far it's been restricted to subtle stuff like the bleeding and the mirror which could be a lot of things. Very easy thing to mess up though. Like I said before I'm curious to see if they can stick the dismount.

HighJinx was the faggot who nuked the board clean that one time, yeah? Because he showed up on /tg/ just recently.

Yeah

Better nip that shit in the bud.

Well, thank you for story time, OP. It's not something I would go out of my way to read, but it turned out to be decent. Is this all that was published so far?
Not that big fan of the tumblr art though. It's not horrible, but artist has to work on drawing things other than people and pretty clothes.

They handled the unreliable narrator pretty well. Main character is even scatterbrained enough to make the thing believable even without the experimental meds angle.

No, they have different face shapes, ears, and noses.
Coolgirl. She is the least of a wreck so far and the best looking.

So Caroline is Snotgirl's Tyler Durden. Is this Fight Club for girls?

Not clean, just specific threads. It was so pathetic that when he went to show off on Holla Forums they laughed at him for not nuking everything.

Holla Forums has three times the PPH that Holla Forums does. Seriously, I can leave Holla Forums come back 5 days later, and all the same threads are on the first several pages. Everyone left and the cucks still here don't want to question why.

Sucking off hotpockets and demanding a chan board needs more moderation is a good evidence that terminal cancer has set in. You've done this for several posts now. Really, this is a Reddit board now. Fuck, it may as well be an Invision Power board.

50% of Holla Forums is an unintelligible mess of threads, while the other half is shitposring. Hell /a/ has a faster pph than and they have a far more draconian mod, most of the time we eclipse both but during seasons where their respected crap is not playing. Usually Holla Forums is alwsys infront of those two.

And if everyone left why the hell are you here? Holla Forums's had a consistent number of UIDs and PPH for the last two years the only thing we lost are some drawfags but we gained a lot of oc from the various write threads that's been had.

That sounds interesting.

How could it work? One of the central conceits was that the men were attracted to fight club so they could indulge in something primal and central to their masculinity which was generally unavailable and suppressed in modern society. I can't think of anything comparable for femininity.

I guess you can say it's the same while being the complete opposite.
Fashion blogging (and the cattiness and gossip that comes with it) is something that they can indulge in that is central to femininity where they can get big enough to become revered by society and basically become celebrities. Rather than 'don't talk about Fight Club,' it's 'tell everyone about fashion blogging.'

Though user only made the reference because of the existence of Caroline possibly being basically Tyler Durden. Don't buy that theory, though.

I was mostly talking about the whole possibility of split personality/alter ego. In Fight Club there was narrator and Tyler, here we have Snotgirl and Coolgirl.

That's him alright. I posted an image of his antics for a reminder.

…Are you a nigger? A wizard? A nigger wizard? Or are you just straight up half-blind? Because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're not putting your loud and stupid agenda in my mouth on purpose.

True. You can't speak to /a/'s secret master outside ban appeals. He's happy with broad interpretations of his rules, and applying them to bans. His in-board brown-nosers are also annoying to argue with.

> Reverse Fight Club
So basically real life?

Nah, people talk shit about Holla Forums going back to Tumblr offboard. If you haven't seen this, it's happening and people are turned off by it. This thread is an excellent example. OP doesn't get what she wants in the thread, and then starts crying about Trump and Holla Forums immediately. It's gone back to the dogs. Holla Forums is a more enjoyable board because people don't take it seriously like the ass blasted retards here do.

As opposed to your unwanted agendafaggotry?

????

I read the whole thing now. Its a lot deeper than I expected it to be. Though regarding Coolgirl I know some have suggested she's actually Detective Cho. So while I don't know the idea turns me on a bit. Good story overall.

You mean 'quality' right like when people say 'quality animation' because these characters aren't waifu material quite the opposite.

Congratulations, your shitposting board is faster than the non-shitposting boards.

What the fuck are you talking about?

This is a shitposting board. It's just redditors/Tumblrinas can't shitpost worth shit, and then they get offended when people from chans don't want to kiss their ass and immediately start crying about Holla Forums.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

This isn't a shitposting board, though.

Keep crying, OP.

Good example, of the Tumblr/Reddit rot in Holla Forums:

Drop dead, rabbi.

Nigger, I'm just some guy who read the thread and has no idea what the fuck happened to it. It went from being a storytime to a debate over some dumb shit.

And this is obvious bait, you dumb fucking cumstain. How retarded do you have to be to think that most people on this board think this way?

Didn't Larry Hama work on that?

yes.

Not a surprise, but it's rather nice of her that she separated her political views away from her art blog. Will give the comic a full read, but too bad she's a libshit which sort of sullies her work.

Why is it that when a majority of artists have a tumblr and twitter with good artwork of their own, they either turn out to be horrible people or have really shitty opinions?

A person is very much defined by the company they keep. Submerging one's self in the shit-pit of social media where they seek constant observation and positive reinforcement makes people very pliable and prone to absorbing the beliefs of the group they feel they are a part of.

They become acclimated to the constant social media circlejerk and become trained to believe that the only way they can maintain all that "positivity" and attention in their lives is by pleasing their audience and making sure not to say or believe or think anything that their audience and social circle wouldn't like.

No
He's powergirl autist

He's both.

Despite the artist being a libshit, the comic is actually a pretty good read, and seeing that characters including the protagonist are assholes is a nice breath of fresh air in girly comics. Thanks for sharing OP.

That's pretty depressing when people with skills do that sort of thing to themselves.

Its really a shame.

Yeah.. It's kind of fucked up that they want to enforce this safe space shit on the internet so badly. I don't even think the idea of trolling and anonymous hatemail would freak them out so much if they had been dealing with it for years like the rest of us.

Instead, they create insular echo chambers where only positivity is allowed and it oversensitizes them to negativity. They become incapable of dealing with dissent or even just accepting reality.

If the thrust of their argument about user trolls is that it messes with people's emotions, then what about the reverse? We've got some pretty indisputable evidence that their current model of social media control has created an oversensitive collective of spastic jackasses who think they can protest, cry, and hashtag their way through everything.

When a culture/ service goes mainstream expect some surprises.

He aint bad

Ok so I finally have time to read (and save the comic) and I say this is one is amazingly well written comic about internal conflict of a broken mind.

The keywords are: "Is your allergies controlling your life?"

As someone who used to have acute Sinusitis this felt very damn similar. The social anxiety (well, not at the Lovecraftian level here) but it's there. You felt different, people avoid you and you felt that you're a disgusting human being. While I got an operation that pretty much saved me from years of social anxiety the MC of this comic taking some pills that probably fucked her already fragile mind. You noticed there's a lot of "Several seconds of bizarre/freaky occurrences" like when she was examined by her doctor and he suddenly whispered "That's actually pretty hot" before returning to his normal self or when the mirror broke when she mentioned the bleeding.

A lot of people here are discussing about what if the so called "Coolgirl" is actually her split personality. To think about it, what if all the characters with nicknames are actually part of her personality? Her excuse of "She can't use their real name because they will look the same" seems eerily familiar with dealing with identical twins. Or in this case, multiple personalities stemmed from the same soul.

Fuck it's been a long time I got this excited over a western comic series. Just like when I read Residence Alien for the first time.

Sounds fun, what's it about.

An alien decided to retire on earth and living in secluded area for some peace and quiet. Since he was a doctor in his homeworld his fake human data got a Dr title in it.

One day there's a murder in the county and the Sheriff knocking on his door asking for help to do some forensic examination. He refused at first but curiosity took over and he starts helping local sheriff and townsfolk solving crimes.

Link: digital.darkhorse.com/series/199/resident-alien

Nice storytime OP. Shame the thread took a turn into the usual shitposting. Is there a more specific date for the next part than "spring/summer 2017" yet?

It's true, they're awful. But the more important thing is they're compelling and interesting characters. Maybe Charlotte could be waifu material if she didn't die, or maybe I just have a fetish for girls with big, THICC braids.

Regrettably, this happens a lot with mainstream comics.

It was interesting but the art got pretty fucking bad at times

You either get good art or good writing now, not both

This

What about being good at nothing at all, kemosabe?

But why is that? Why are good writers paired up with shit artists (and vice versa) so often? In case of big two you could justify it with them trying to sell some books on art/writing alone, and spreading talent would give most profit. However, this tends to happen even with independent titles.
And if you somehow get both, comic is either delayed for years or whole thing ends up falling apart after two or three volumes.

Is that Jimmy Olsen?

Obviously not. Jimmy Olsen is black, don't you watch Supergirl?
Yes that is Jimmy Olsen. Artist is Amanda Conner, and she did not do interior art. Bonus: book was written by our good old pal, Nick Spencer

Gross

People got cheap

If you look at the angle the hand reaches from, it's clearly Caroline's. I don't think it's meant to be ambiguous at all, Lottie's hand is out because she was instinctively reaching out to save Charlene.

This is like a dark version of NANA/Paradise Kiss. And if you're wondering why it doesn't suck, isn't O'Malley a decent writer? I thought Scott Pilgrim was a fun read (he seems quite unafraid to denigrate his protagonists).

The greatest injustice is that there is no 34 of this series. I hope Caroline is real and that the sexual tension gets some payoff. And the answer is probably Misty.

Wait, this is her job? How the fuck does somebody blog for a living? Especially about clothes? I had figured she was just born rich or something.

Patreon

The same way people are "influencers" on Youtube or Twitch, but the target audience is women. There's a whole other internet out there for normalfags and it's all optimised for mobile.

Who is that interested in clothes? I'm barely considering figuring out how to use Patreon for the porn I like, and that provides me with a direct biochemical reward.

Weird. It's like I'm looking into the Twilight Zone here. Apparently normalfags have a lot more to them than the things for which I had ever given them credit.

We are the ones in the Twilight Zone though.

Hey this is actually pretty good, thanks for sharing OP.

Well, OP thanks for that experience. I cant tell if im in pain from my job or the estrogen poisoning but I like the art. It has quality I cant seem to describe at the moment. Its like a clothes designer took a bunch of meth and locked themselves in a room with shojoushit and one anatomy book.

Just like the fashion industry

it was shit tbh i've read fanfics that are more engaging that this.

OP here. Let me shed some light on this. I once had a class with a girl who opened up about being a famous instagram user who stopped because she got stalkers and people who would freak her the hell out.

Fashion bloggers don't get money from patreon. They get money from sponsors. They're basically meant to be models; you get famous on instagram, you get hit up by fashion companies hoping for some advertising. The difference is that the fashion bloggers are seen as idols, almost. It's similar to the Let's Play communities. They're friendly and cute, and will pretend to be a friend to their whole audience while answering questions and giving tips and recommendations, with a general aura of having a 'perfect' life.

Pic related is Chiara Ferragni's instagram. Apparently she's one of the most famous fashion bloggers.

that was enlightening user thanks.

Of all the shit posts yours are the enlightening one. To be honest that's pretty shit job really, with freaks trying to stalk them because they thought she's open for them.

They also sell clothes given to them by sponsors, as mentioned in comic.

Thanks

Bump

Someone should make an edit or parody in which Snotgirl is so called because she's a fetish performer on a livestream in which she expells snot onto other girls' faces and they do the same to her.

Bump

Does Brian Lee O Malley get a lot of shit in Holla Forums. I honestly quite like a lot of his stuff outside of Scott Pilgrim.

For what reason?

At least bump with art or anything worthwhile.
We won't be having new issues till this spring/summer.

Scott Pilgrim is trash. Seconds was a waste of an okay idea that amounts to nothing. Haven't read anything else by him. I don't like him one bit.

Is it still going?

No.

How did it end, I kinda dropped off half way through.

Yeah plenty

Loads

Is there an update for this comic? I'm surprised this thread is still up after I went away for a while.

certain faggots keep bumping it
and the upload was on vola but its gone now

Shit I missed it

You poor misguided fools.

reupload?