TOR got enriched

blog.torproject.org/blog/network-team-hackfest-wilmington-watch

Other urls found in this thread:

pando.com/2016/11/28/surveillance-valley-are-government-backed-privacy-tools-really-going-protect-us-president-trump/
github.com/projectatomic/bubblewrap
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907
github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal/issues/37#issuecomment-217211165
evernote.com/l/AAFBNp5PxsxKRogJaw8kQO_mFePVq7aa4SU
pando.com/2015/03/01/internet-privacy-funded-by-spooks-a-brief-history-of-the-bbg/
wired.com/2016/07/meet-moxie-marlinspike-anarchist-bringing-encryption-us/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_(software)#Developers_and_funding
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Whisper_Systems#Funding
github.com/WhisperSystems/Signal-Android/commit/1669731329bcc32c84e33035a67a2fc22444c24b
signal.org/android/apk/
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ae3n8p/that-time-a-tor-developer-doxxed-a-troll
youtube.com/watch?v=ic4z5Ztt-5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was expected.
Since (((Applebaum))) was raped out the project got full-scale pozzed.

Reimplementation of Tor WHEN? There's only one implementation, and it's dogshit; you can only interact with it over a proxy, you can't include some libonion.h and connect to whatever you want. It's a huge security risk is what it is.

found the pajeet

It's not like gnunet implemented modularization a decade ago.

You mean that thing who has dependencies on LLVM and other crap ?

This

you mean that thing who hash dependencies on GCC and other crap?

Never.

That's wrong though. See DMD or LDC.

APL?

is that supposed to be funny?

that joke is really out of place. distrust

im not wrong tough

"pozzed"... "(((abc)))"... "Tor is a security risk!"...

t. Agent Fud

But Tor and Signal is run by the CIA. The Tor project doesn't have any backdoors or a large fraction of malicious exit nodes, but that's about the only thing it doesn't have. The FUD shills claim it does so that people can "debunk" it and feel good about themselves. In reality, they just need to see you're using Tor to put you on a watchlist. Then there's also the issue of implementation. There's only one implementation of Tor, which is massively bloated. But Tor is almost never used alone. No, it's used in the TBB, where the browser (regular Firefox, which they have 0-days for) """""""""""""accidentally"""""""""""""""""" lacks sandboxing and various other security features.
The solution would be to implement tor again as a small library, then use a separate program to get a socks interface, then use a separate program to strip away JS, identifying headers, etc, and then use yet another separate browser to browse. This is the secure way.

t. idiot

pando.com/2016/11/28/surveillance-valley-are-government-backed-privacy-tools-really-going-protect-us-president-trump/

Also, Moxie REALLY got mad when someone made a clone of signal (LibreSignal) that didn't use gapps, didn't send away your contacts, and was available as a .apk file.

Why don't they write it in Ada?

I guess the meme about only pedos use tor is true, cause I sure don't see any fucking programmers in this thread fixing it.

the programmers are using i2p

So you don't trust them, but you rather them write their code in C which is 100x harder to audit than anything else?

this is so retarded you don't even get an explanation

You can find 0days for everything since software have bugs.

i2p is different from Tor and both are good things.

I'd rather there be many different implementations written by many different projects and people like for any other mature protocol.

How is it retarded? They could modify firefox so that SOCKS is handled outside the browser by a library shim, they could run it in a sandbox, and it's on the roadmap but the default build isn't even hardened.

CP is always used as an excuse for censorship.

Why would I even need to listen to your country's propaganda machine? I can just sit here, see the likes of you defending it, and know it's a den of filth that should be purged with fire and hot lead.

My mom uses Tor, my sister uses Tor, Mr. Stallman uses Tor, I use Tor.
My 3 years old nephew uses Tor, so the meme is debunked.

The default build is pretty much using hardened toolchain (PIE + SSP + RELRO + FORTIFY )
If you mean the hardened build that was just ubsan and isn't a hardening feature but more for developers.

Plus they got the sandboxed Tor browser now which is better than the "hardened" one.

web JS API and CSS is the reason "worse is better" exists

Yes, but not with censorship.

Ah, it was hardened. My mistake.

The Chrome/Chromium sandbox model is pretty good, they even sandbox the GPU process I believe Firefox will adapt the same sandbox that Chromium uses.

The actual sandbox is bubblewrap ( github.com/projectatomic/bubblewrap ) which has been in development for awhile and is being used by flatpak.

case in point you clueless niggers

Probably mistaken with Ada.

And what then?
Why should I care about watchlist?
I don't plan to visit your cucked police state anyway.

Not going to fall directly into the meme and say tor's compromised yet. Gotta see proof before that. But one thing is way beyond doubt now, that to defend it at the present situation has become very, very hard.
This is the person they got in the place of Appelbaum, who was directly involved in his defamation.
The whole thing they mounted agains him doesn't smell like something spontaneous, and Tor gave in to it without a blink. Needless to say, it doesn't look good.

Missed a important one

What is your deal with constantly hating on Rust? For large projects like this it's probably a better choice than C as it's memory safe.

Good luck.
If that's how it works, since you're on Holla Forums and waxing poetic about all your security/privacy knowledge, why don't you program this small and simple re-implementation of the protocol?

Read
The main purpose is just to use them to destablize whatever arab country they're currently fucking around in, domestic controlled opposition is just a nice bonus.

the nose knows

Pretty much the right way to go, in Rust will have great advantages because Tor was never really good with threading and multi core maybe they will now implement that and finally be able to run 1Gbps full speed with it :)

Found the pedo.

it confused the fuck out of me because applebaum is a SJW. why did they need rid of him?

yet all the twitter crypto clique fags keep shilling it... hmm....

because he killed a cia nigger

Maybe he had too many principles to be part of their club.
Anyone of importance in free software projects must follow esr's advice:
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907

The syntax is bad. It tries to look like C++, enough to scare away people who hate C++, but not enough that it would be familiar to C++ programmers because it changes what everything means.

The crypto community today is largely employed by the government and shouldn't be trusted.

you are misrepresenting what he got mad about

If you're a male don't ever be alone with a female ever. Male school teachers have to put up with this witch hunt shit too.

I know a guy who only meets with female students in public or with someone else in his office, kind of like a reverse chaperone. He told me that years ago and at the time I thought that was overcautious, but he was right, all it takes is one batshit crazy girl and your life is over if you're not careful.

thats exactly what he got mad about though

no

Yes, he gave some bullshit excuse about people going to them for support. He's also a Jew, which should set off red flags in anyone's head.

stop lying.
github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal/issues/37#issuecomment-217211165

That's a very strange reaction, especially considering they don't want to federate. The reason for the high price is because they insist on using (((AWS))). And they're not open about who's paying for it either, but it's not them.
Spoiler:
(Radio Free Asia is the same organization as Voice of America)

hmmmmmmmmm

No, it's a strange reaction to someone developing an app. It wouldn't increase the load on their servers at all. It's common practice to use a similar name/logo.

No, he's a Jew because he's Jewish. Real name Matthew Rosenfeld, and a very apparent Jewish nose

im getting a feeling here...

If people run LibreSignal they won't run Signal so the marginal cost is zero.
They don't have to make any changes to their architecture.
No, I'm just using the (((donations))) as evidence for them being CIA controlled.
It's not about namecalling, (((Rosenfeld))) is a literal Jew. Look at his nose and tell me that's not a Jewish one.

so if nobody uses signal and everybody uses libresignal the servers are somehow free?
but they have to keep paying the bill
>No, I'm just using the (((donations))) as evidence for them being CIA controlled.
or maybe the (((donations))) are coming from the users? because they want to keep using signal?
>It's not about namecalling, (((Rosenfeld))) is a literal Jew. Look at his nose and tell me that's not a Jewish one.
(((You))) also seem pretty jewish to me

nice fucking argument you kike.

No, and I never said that, The marginal cost for a libresignal user is zero. There's zero difference in how much a server costs for a libresignal user and a signal user. The cost stays constant.
They don't make any money from people using their app.
>or maybe the (((donations))) are coming from the users?
No, this is demonstrably false. The overwhelming majority comes from grants.
evernote.com/l/AAFBNp5PxsxKRogJaw8kQO_mFePVq7aa4SU
pando.com/2015/03/01/internet-privacy-funded-by-spooks-a-brief-history-of-the-bbg/
It's not a secret the donations come from the CIA.
wired.com/2016/07/meet-moxie-marlinspike-anarchist-bringing-encryption-us/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_(software)#Developers_and_funding
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Whisper_Systems#Funding

You present his jewishness like it's just namecalling. It's not, it's common knowledge.

they lose money from people using their servers but not their app
damn. fucking cia niggers man
because they dont have to
it is also common knowledge that you have a big nose.

What do you mean? A request costs as many CPU cycles no matter which app issues it. And they don't have any ads in their app or anything.
The wikipedia article has sources. Radio Free Asia is open about donating to OWS.

they pay the bills for signal users. not for libresignal users.
so why is receiving funding bad again?

From an economical POV, it doesn't matter. Both contribute to the Signal ecosystem. Both are part of the network.
Because it's from the CIA, not private donors like you claimed.

but it does matter. ows is stuck with the bill. libresignal didnt pay a single cent.
but where is the proof for that?

Why is it different if they use their client or the libresignal client? It costs as much money, and gives the same results.

In the wikipedia articles. Radio Free Asia is like Voice of America, which is run by the US government.

either you are a greedy kike or a filthy antifag.
US government != cia niggers
also why would this be a bad thing?

I'm neither. Don't you think it's odd that (((Rosenfeld))) doesn't want people developing privacy friendly versions of his app? Don't you think it's odd that he insists on using google services?
The CIA started Radio Free Asia. It's now officially run by the government, but still has close ties to the CIA.

>Don't you think it's odd that (((Rosenfeld))) doesn't want people developing privacy friendly versions of his app?
he doesnt want people leeching off of his resources.
github.com/WhisperSystems/Signal-Android/commit/1669731329bcc32c84e33035a67a2fc22444c24b
even if ows is receiving funds from an organization connected to cia niggers, why would that matter?

get ready to be unmasked with 10 hosts or less

But they do that with Signal too.
>github.com/WhisperSystems/Signal-Android/commit/1669731329bcc32c84e33035a67a2fc22444c24b
But you still need to download it with Google Play. You still need to give them your phone number. You still need to give them your contacts' phone number. But this is an improvement, yes.
Because the CIA also controls the project.

Daniel Berstien isn't a CIAnigger

prove it

Guido Bertoni and Joan Daemen are not cia niggers

(((Bernstein)))

You can download the .apk from their website and even verify it yourself: signal.org/android/apk/

Mostly this

But to really get the situation, there is
He absolutely is not an SJW. He's a lefty and a degenerate but for this case, and much of what's going on today, it's good to have clear terms.
We had this shitty, pozzed ideas for a long time, and a lot of social and cultural problems caused by them. But the SJW precisely is a somewhat recent phenomenon, at least as a trend and, really, a cultural force.
Lefties and jews had their believes and their minds could get fucked up because of them, but a lot of people still managed to be somewhat functional, inteligent and even useful, despite their shitty creed.
What the SJW mania brought us is a type that is so emotionally attached to their political positions that, at best, their chance of betraying every other moral they have for an SJW cause is 90%, in a lot of cases 100%. They're fanatics, and they see the world from one standpoint only, all the rest being only a detail that can be stepped over.
That's why they're being pushed nowadays, by pozzed culture, government and secret services, because to have an SJW in a position is a total guarantee that if you can flip their, already unbalanced, mind that what you're requiring them to do is somehow a SJW question, then you have that thing they're involved with certainly compromised. They're like a robot with a password. You say the right thing they bend.
So we had already fifty years of an already succesfully laid down psy-op that 'nazis and their kind' were the worst nightmare in history, then some young kids prepared to do anything if that mind-control seed was fed.
Ideal scenario for total control.

So, Appelbaum is not one of those guys. Not at all. I'm not saying this to defend his politics, which are shit unless when they're directly connected to internet and security questions. But because it's true.
Think about the point of the post before, how having an SJW is literally having a mole, as long as you can flip their perception.
Now, you want to make this process as easy as possible, and obviously, you want to control it for a long time, if possible forever.
The best way to make someone your bitch is to make them want something they can never get. And that's what makes an SJW. They don't care really, even if they believe they do sometimes, for a achievements, to things that can be confined in time and space.
The core of their philosophy is about what people feel. You're oppressed, you're enslaved, you're destroyed by the system because it makes you feel alien, it destroys your feels.
And here's where CIA niggers were intelligent for once. Because everyone feels isolated, sometimes unjustly treated and all that. Because the world is shitty in many ways, so you'll always have something to complain.
SJWs are baby-brains who believe fighting nazis, the patriarchy or whatever, will somehow solve this problem.
But there will always be someone suffering, someone feeling hurt. So there will always be an SJW fighting for that person, and doing what those who control this SJW want them to do.
If you spend an hour on tumblr or any of their homes, you'll see the word PTSD more than you'll see transsexual, POC or whatever. It's what bind them together, and what defines their position before the world.

Now check one example ofAppelbaum absolutely crashing this worldview, on Cypherpunks.
They're talking about whether it's useful or not forbidding pics of CP.
bodies for censorship and for policing-that's a slippery slope which, as we have seen, has turned directly to copyright, it has turned to many other systems.

tl~dr He's saying to actually solve a problem, a real one, in the real world, fuck your feels and fuck PTSD. This is not just disagreeing with an SJW, this is anathema to their way of seeing the world. This opinion alone would be enough to make him a target for SJWs, and seen as a real enemy. Add to it, he was a classical 'toxic troll', he triggered people for the fun of it, and saw information as reality and all else as bullshit, the real core of hacker culture since it began.

Now it may seem I'm derailing the thread or going out on a limb to defend this faggot. No, fuck him. I kinda like him, to be honest, although disagreeing in many many ways.
But my point is what it means to be infiltrated by SJWs.

I can't actually link to it, unfortunately, because I don't have access to the saved material right now, and it's too much info to just quickly go about and pin-point shit as I write this. But Wikileaks has a trove, hundreds of pages, concerning how the CIA and NSA use social engineering to infiltrate movements and organizations.
It would be nice if someone thought what I wrote here is useful, and decided to help by adding that here, so we have the info in place.
But, anyway, mimicking attitudes, spreading rumors and creating further separation between slightly different factions within the target are textbook shit for them. Every little aspect of this attack on Appelbaum smells like spying infiltration. There's no way to prove it, except how it fits perfectly, literally every step of the way.
And why? Because of what I wrote in the first post. SJWs are a backdoor by definition.
Take one of the people who accused Appelbaum, Andrea. Tor core developer.
Except if you're a nazi or a troll, or you hurt someone's feelings:
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ae3n8p/that-time-a-tor-developer-doxxed-a-troll

Now Andrea at least is an intelligent person, even if she's mentally ill. But take that Allison Macrina, who was also involved in slandering Jacob. She's as much of a dumb bitch as one can be:
youtube.com/watch?v=ic4z5Ztt-5k
Take a quick look at how she speaks. This video was commented when it came out, how she was a fish out of the water among the other people. No one could understand, back then, why she was being given that space. No one would allow her in any tech circle. Except for SJWs, because all she did to 'earn her position' inside Tor was to have a cute
little project where she thought cleaning Mexican ladies how to use Tor in a library. It's cute, it's feels, you know? We can trust her, let's have her inside our project which should be highly secure and have no one that's not a total expert.

So this is what you have. This is what having an SJW inside an organization means. And it's several degrees more complicated than having the occasional jew or lefty. You have dumb people, controlled by emotions and fanatical to death to an unattainable goal, so you can have them in your hands forever.
And this is what the Tor project has become.

What it actually means, and how much it fucks the entire thing, I can not tell you. Only someone with inside info could do that. But why it was done, and that it's very different than having people like Appelbaum there, as much as we can personally disapprove his positions, that we can be sure of. And we should. Regarding the Tor project, and every faggot in this board who comes complaining, everytime someone says anything about an SJW, that it has nothing to do with Holla Forums and that discussing it is just echo-chambering Holla Forums shit.

SJWs are not someone we dislike, or have a conflicting point of view with. They're a real danger, not because of who they are, or what they think, but because of the door their way of life opens for infiltration and control. And that's a great opsec issue right now, one of the greatest.