Forgive me for this

but its difficult to get any credible info from the political boards. They just are not rational about this one.

Unfortunately I will have to begin here
#CNNBlackmail CNN & ISPs Violated Federal Law Passing IP Addresses To Extort A Child
thegoldwater.com/news/4729-CNNBlackmail-CNN-and-ISPs-Violated-Federal-Law-Passing-IP-Addresses-To-Extort-A-Child

Now this 'Red pill' character who has started writing articles for Holla Forums related site goldwater is, to put it mildly not credible. There are no sources at all to prove this alleged IP sharing. However it is wise to be paranoid. So, I am starting a thread here to discuss what meaningful info THEY have on this subject.

99% chance this is BS but I just wanna be sure

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170705133432/http://thegoldwater.com/news/4729-CNNBlackmail-CNN-and-ISPs-Violated-Federal-Law-Passing-IP-Addresses-To-Extort-A-Child
youtube.com/watch?v=NKgh7d1baZo
youtube.com/watch?v=hvSDb7zjxYk
archive.is/ZRkhL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's the Archive link for tor users because "cloudflare"
web.archive.org/web/20170705133432/http://thegoldwater.com/news/4729-CNNBlackmail-CNN-and-ISPs-Violated-Federal-Law-Passing-IP-Addresses-To-Extort-A-Child

The theory that they shared IP addresses is what is connected to Holla Forums. This is not about the rest of it. That can be ignored as political

What? Since when?

Gas yourself you degenerate faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=NKgh7d1baZo
Jim owns both goldwater and Holla Forums hence related sites

Ok here is a better video that one has no sound
youtube.com/watch?v=hvSDb7zjxYk

Piss off back to Holla Forums

Could have just made a thread about either the accusations or about Jim owning goldwater tbh fam
But yeah, I find it hard to believe that the ISP willingly passed its customer's information.

What they're alleging
CNN requests Time Warner for info -> TW asks reddit (IP address) -> Reddit gives IP address to TW -> TW matches IP against its own IPs -> matches it to a customer -> Gives info to CNN

1. How would CNN know that the kid was using TW? Did they ask every ISP?
2. Even in a Jewish vassal state like clapistan, companies can't just divulge information like that. Shit, I wish CNN would do that to me, I could use a few hundred million dollars.

Load of shit tbh fam

Big words, coming from a 15 year-old.

kys
kys
kys
kys
kys
kys
kys

Gay internet drama. Nobody honestly gives a fuck about this other than wingnuts fueling their cancer. kys

Any website that uses Cuckflare is almost guaranteed to be garbage. This is speaking from ~5 years of experience. I've seen thousands of websites that are behind Cuckflare and they're almost exclusively the garbage categories:
This shit is the apotheosis of consumer cancer. It's almost worth it to put all your traffic behind tor or a VPN so you never have the displeasure of visiting a site that is associated with Cuckflare. And yes Holla Forums is cucked as well unless you use the .onion link, for god knows whatever reason.

Just like those east texas kikes who think Trivial Process + Desktop Computer = Patent, aint'cha?

Pure speculation, as far as I can tell. The more likely (and boring) explanation is that he posted enough personal details to assemble his identity from his posts.
For example:
archive.is/ZRkhL
There's a lot of data in there. With only a few more pieces like that you can pinpoint someone's identity. I don't know how easy it is to properly use that information, but however hard it is, journalists are good at it.
(That little snippet also proves that he's not a child. Jim is a nice guy, but the Goldwater is unreliable clickbait for the imageboard audience.)

Do you even know what "user" means?

Why the Fuck would an ISP denounce you ?
Did they sell targeted Data to a third party while the person was one of their costumers ? i know they all do it...
And denounce is for what ? For making a video that is obviously humor ?
it's like handing over your address to antifags after you skying down a mountain with a nazi flag.
It's shit like this that should immediately destroy a company.
This track leaves a shitton of questions open.

I suspect far more a OPSec failure, like cnn sending the reddit account a link to a prepped website to log his ip.
Afterwards if Holla Forums can do it cnn can do it too. And have the lawyers / money to back them in case they go too far.

Or even they might just have scared / manipulated him into doing everything, hiring an expert in that domain might not be impossible with their funds.

I believe fully and honestly that modern Holla Forums users think Redditors and "user" are synonymous. The userbase may as well be the same at this point.

go home ANTIFA

let me explain what he meant since you're too retarded for basic comprehension. He told the OP to go back to Holla Forums, because the OP made a thread about some stupid blog post for 50 year old republican faggots who are literally sucking dick because they hate "(((women)))", despite having no experience with them.

The thread has absolutely nothing to do with Holla Forums or technology, other than an ISP handing out an IP address, which literally happens in one way or another every 500 milliseconds everywhere on this planet. And now you are calling this guy some obscure Holla Forums buzzword, "ANTIFA". Or maybe it's used on a wider audience other than Holla Forums, say, reddit, but that's too small a difference to be bothered with.

If you weren't a complete faggot and you had any OP sec, it wouldn't matter if your ISP handed out your IP address in the first place, thus why this article is even more irrelevant for this board.

JIDF go home

< Holla Forums on a normal day
>newfags can't plaintext

This thread is full of retards

>mfw

253x199
Stop saving and posting thumbnails retard

Time Warner owns CNN. This is petty revenge for damaging the company.

sage

lol who cares about the goldwater faggot
I just love watching the cnn meltdown tbh this whole thing was a pr disastee for them
sage for literally nothibg to do with Holla Forums

In a nutshell, the media corps have the power of a government, doing what they can to enforce their policies, this is the cyberpunk future we imagined but not like this.
Anyways I don't have a television.

kill yourself