Transformers

Anyone here into colorful changey robots with feelings?

I am, but I'm starting to die on the inside because of the relentless faggotry that's being forced upon them by the SJWs.

What am I looking at?

meh

Look, after Bay I'm just glad they're the actual focus of stories again.

It's a cover from the old Marvel Transformers comics.

Basically when the Pretenders toys came out the story to sell them was that the Autobots needed some McGuffin from giant Amazon women, who wouldn't want to deal with robots for reasons. Hence Pretenders, Transformers inside organic looking shells.

You love it, goy!

I'm annoyed that they had to make another Transformers show called 'Robots In Disguise' to probably overshadow the funny 90s one.

Transformers is technically a gobots ripoff that managed to be better than what it ripped off. In almost all incarnations I just really like Optimus as the Head good guy, and Megatron was always a pretty awesome Big Bad.

Wasn't it a Jim Lee cover?

Beastwars Megatron

BEST Megatron

The only thing Transformers good at is flashy transformation scenes and awesome giant robots. The writing varied from so so to utter crap. The only thing they accomplish is to make children cry when they saw the first animated movie in the cinema.

Anyone going to watch the last knight?

Most successful Megatron. Godlike, you might say.

Sez you.

That was a really good design

An underrated Megatron. The Emperor to Beast Wars Prince.

Beast Machines was terrible though they even ruined megatron

but Jetstorm made it worth it

How? When you've conquered the planet and achieved your dream, you're going to mellow out a lot.

Oh, also, Thrust was cool.

Am I the only one who thinks Primal's third body is akward and stupid looking?

BM Megatron was basically an evil god emperor figure. Other than hating organic parts out of nowhere, I don't have a lot to complain about him in the show.

Transmetal Megs is like 10-12 feet tall right? If so, the scale of the original Transformers on the Ark is WAY off…

Jim Lee's prescient cover to an old Marvel issue of Transformers. In it, Pretenders Cloudburst and, I dunno, Landmine? enter a cantina looking for robot parts in their pretender shells and Cloudburst accidentally puts the mack on a purple headed amazon giantess. And then she finds out he's a robot and flips her shit. I came across the cover while I was looking for another one and realized it fully encapsulated the "Hey! You know what Transformers REALLY need? Social Justice!" bullshit. A purple headed bitch wrecking yet another thing I love.

No he didn't. Nothing made that abortion worthwhile. He was cool, but they pozzed him by revealing he was actually an Arabic looking Silverbolt.

No, the deal with the beasts was that were more efficient than fully inorganic machines, so they could get some energy from eating and they were also small enough that they didn't waste a metric shit-ton of energon. The problem was they landed on prehistoric earth, which was TOO rich in energon, and if they didn't retreat to beast mode, they'd absorb too much of a good thing and die.

Unlike the modern-day rainbow hairs, she was at least hot.

Scuse me? Did you watch the whole thing?

Are you retarded?

Well, yes. Scale's always been a problem.

The CGI really is a put off.

Optimal Optimus should be about shoulder high to Ironhide, the scale is still off.

I remember reading in an interview with the Beast Wars people that they were actually grateful for Armada, because now people were saying "You know, Beast Wars wasn't that bad.".

Do you ever see/read/watch the Transformers fandom? Hasbro took a glance at it and decided to fuck it, they prefer getting their money from pony fans rather than those morons.

And once again, Japan did the Pretenders a lot better by having them be more like tokusatsu hero ala Kamen Rider.

Didn't that purple headed bitch tried to fuck Cloudburst?

Who wasn't the spider chick trying to fuck.

Really where?

Aw, I kinda liked the original series Battlestar Galactica vibe to that story, you don't get to see much of Transformers space from a hummanoid's perspective, it's all mecha and space battles.
This one was just two robot buddies going undercover as squishies and getting into trouble, bar fights, flirting with warrior princesses, all that good stuff.

I love the giant transforming robots in the franchise just as much as everyone else in this thread, but can we all agree that Sari Sumdac is the BEST human protagonist in the entirety of Transformers altogether??

No now post giant robots.

Nah, she was a mary-sue.

Masterforce, of course. Hell, they even managed to work in Powermasters too.

I knew this is like opening the pandora box, but anyone remember Kiss Player? The most hilarious and cringy TF manga ever?

The one where Starscream's spark possessed an animoo schoolgirl who forgot to pull her pantsu up after using the bathroom?

… Never actually read it. But FUCK, is it the strangest thing ever to grace the Transformers franchise. It's almost an anomaly, ain't it?

She's a nigger so no.

What was the version of Optimus Prime that was like a mecha, with a human pilot?

Strictly speaking, she's not related to homo sapiens at all. Nor is she organic.

It was deliberately so, too.

yo cracka ass just fucked up royally

Oh, and for the record, Sari is half-Cybertronian, so that's a racially inaccurate statement.

I first watched Beast Wars because, Transformers.

Then they introduced the Silverbolt Blackarachnia romance subplot. I'm a sucker for romance. Those two are a OTP for sure.

What ever became of them after the whole mess with Beast Machines? Last I remember Bolt had been reconfigured into his fuzor body and his spider waifu was corrupted, or something.

Beast Machines? You know all those upgrades back in Beast Wars? All gone and Megatron somehow won and conquered Cybertron. Yes, the guy who last seen strapped to the outside of the shuttle yelling "NOOOOOO!!!" somehow won the Beast Wars. And then we have the Vehicon generals. Silverbolt, Waspinator (somehow returned to Cybertron) and Rhinox turned heel…with Rhinox going permanent heel.

Masterforce. They worked around it, saying that Ginrai's body was meant to be Optimus Prime's body but was stolen by the big bad of Masterforce. Really, it's just an excuse to have Powermaster Optimus Prime after the Japanese killed him again in Headmasters. Honestly, Headmasters was a mess with Prime killed yet again after he just came back among other things. At least Headmasters got a good theme song though.

Yeah, I remember all that. I mean after that. After Cybertorn got turned into a techno organic wonder land. Whatever happend to Bolt and his spider wife?

Bolt went from a knight in shining armor…to emo samurai but before that he was the cocky as hell Jetstorm, Air Vehicon General. They basically flip the Blackarachnia/Silverbolt relations by having her be the light to Silverbolt's broodiness…I think.

Every. Fucking. Episode. From the emofag bat to the giant floating Megatron head, Beast Machines was, by far, the shittiest Transformers franchise ever.

Are YOU? However, having another look at him, I can also see Mongol influences as well.

Yes, except I wasn't talking about scale problems. They've stated that the move to smaller forms was an energon-saving endeavor.

Sure, but even OpOp was still supposed to be smaller than a regular TF.

This is bait.

How the fuck does that even work?

I think I've finally figured out what's up with the the so-called universal greeting: it's a backdoor in their code

I never got this

He goes from a knight to ronin

I know all that you sperglord. I mean AFTER the END of Beast Machine, what happened to them?

Maybe to reflect the idea that he went from this knight in shining armor archtype, to someone who had lost their purpose. Bolt, in Beast Wars, had always been guided by his code of honor, his nobility. Megatron stripped all that away from him and he even admitted he liked giving in and doing the darker deeds of his Jetstorm self.

So, maybe being a ronin type figure shows how he has lost his "lord" his inner morality and nobility and is wandering, lost without it?

I dunno.

You are retarded. He's a full-blown Japanese ronin here.
You're listing that as a problem. I see no problem.
Who got better with time.
Next?
Well, Optimal Optimus was a bit of an anomaly, wasn't he.

Name a better one. You had better not say Miko.
Because her stasis pod scanned Dr. Sumdac.

Well, they fought the Quintesson Army alongside the other Maximals, for one thing.

Because Takara, I assume, but seems to have it too.

Right, storytiming Megatron's and Prime's early days.

Optimus's first big speech… and he cribbed it from Megatron.

NOW who's retarded? Watching him crush on Noble made me ragequit mid-episode. Dan Didio deserves to have maggots inserted in his urethra.

Heard these guys and thought Holla Forums might enjoy them.

Beastwars was my first experience getting high back in 8th grade circa 1996

How was the sequel series made by Japan?

From the couple episodes I saw it wasnt bad

Great intro

From what I can tell, the series got guts for using G2 Megatron…as henchman (goes by the name of Megastorm) for the main baddie, Galvatron. Hell, some of the Predacons in the series are based off on some G2 toys. BW Neo brought Unicron to the mix with the Blendtrons and what I think to be the coolest Predacon leader of all time, Magmatron. Hell, dude got four beast modes, the fourth one being the combination of his other 3 beast modes.

Isn't that always the case?

Could be worse. Could be fighting for the enemy yourself.

What?

Who got it worst? Punch or Doubledealer?

I'm not too familiar with him.

Doubledealer's one of those Powermaster and depending on which partner you plug in transforms into an Autobot with a missile tank alt mode or a Decepticon with a Falcon altmode. In his one comic appearance, his Autobot form is named Double and his Decepticon form is named Dealer. He's kinda like Sideways from Armada except instead of working with Unicron, he works only for himself and his partners don't even know each other exists.

it's shit fam

Doubledealer

I thought Doubledealer was the triple changer mercenary who offered his services to both Autobots (tank) and Decepticons (jet).

Not really into tribal music.

Thanks for the story

Nah, Dealer's never a jet. Nor is he a triple changer.

I've been thinking about checking out the IDW comics, are they any good?

Some are

The newer ones are a bit iffy. I heard that More Than Meets The Eye is good from some folks….but I highly doubt that.

Thanks OP

Have any recommendations?

Which ones you have in mind? Infiltration tells a more covert battle on Earth, Stormbringer is basically everyone vs Thunderwing, Escalation is where the battle on Earth got heated, Devastation is the one with Sixshot being..well, Sixshot. Revelation is a mess (and told through the Spotlight comics). All Hail Megatron is a mess but I kinda like the early parts of the series where it shows the Decepticons kicking the shit out of the US military (a far cry from the movies where the US Army can kill a few Decepticons)

BEAST WARS ARE OVER AND WE'RE MOVING ON

Doubledealer was the last gen 1 Transformer I bought, as a kid. I was pushing my luck at 14, but I had to have him. Still sitting on my shelf in a place of pride. The last nice thing that came out of Transformers just before the whole "Actionmasters" fiasco.

Nigga wut? He's a triple changer. He just keeps that info to himself for obvious reasons. He's a missle-launching truck, an Autobot humanoid robot, and a Decepticon falcon robot. Now the other user might have been thinking about the Generations Doubledealer, who was a bot, a tank, and a jet.

Yep. Not a spy, just a guy looking for a quick cyberbuck.

I haven't been in the know lately but aren't those like the common alt-modes for the newer toys?

Transformer's and GoBot's history has brands are so long, confusing, and full of Japanese toy companies that licensed the toys that it's hard to say who ripped off what. That having been said, since Hasbro owns the rights to the GoBots characters and basically nothing else, would it be a good idea to just let IDW publish a comic with those characters? Like, I know modern comics are fucked, but maybe if it were, I dunno, weird Silver Age style? That might work out, or at least be terrible in a different way.

Windblade was a mistake and the only good thing to come out of her existence was Nautica. Even that was too much of a price to pay.

Ironically, after that messed up part it started being about fixing Japan's fucked up Transformers timeline, and ended up kind of good if you're into crazy Japanese Transformers lore.

My brother swears by James Roberts, but the problem with More than Meets the Eye (and whatever it's been renamed to after the big dumb crossover) is that it still is connected to the regular plot, even though it's pretty much the C-story at this point. It's good because they can do a lot more of whatever they want than the other main stories, but it's shit because modern comics, IDW, and possibly James himself is shit.

Oh yeah, the Japanese timeline for G1 alone was a mess. So, we have the standard 1984-85 series and somehow Prime dies (because Japan didn't get the movie till later) and then Season 3 happened (Japan outright ignored Season 4) and then Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory…but before that there's like Binaltech and Binaltech Asterisk and then there's like Return of Convoy, Operation Combination, Kiss Players and then to add the insanity, jam in Car Robots somewhere in the timeline because of Fort Max.

And don't get me started on the Unicron trilogy timeline for Japan. Originally, Galaxy Force was not related to Micron Legends and Superlink (hence why the Autobots are suddenly newcomers to Earth all of a sudden) but somehow, they are related? I don't know.

How about the Marvel comics? Where do they bifurcate from the cartoons? I know a lot of them run kind of parallel to G1, following Spike's brother Buster and his BFF Ratchet. But then Marvel UK branched off into their own timeline.

The Marvel comics? Bifurcate when Prime sacrifices himself because of a computer game. Yes, seriously. Also, Grimlock and the Dinobots weren't made on Earth rather they were found on Earth after they all fall into pit of tar in dinosaur times when they were chasing down Shockwave, so Grimlock in the Marvel comic is less stupid but more of a dick.

Oh and apparently some bitch had a hate boner for Cybertronians and gained super powers or something.

Circuit breaker! I remember that crazy bitch.
And The Mechanic, and there was a human-made ninja robot bitch. Well, as ninja as a 20-foot high mecha can be.

Funny thing, I had that issue where Circuit Breaker was paralysed by Shockwave's attack on an oil rig, and her employer looked EXACTLY like Tony Stark was drawn back then, the moustache, the perm… And next issue he's this dumpy balding guy with glasses.
I always wondered if that was a crossover that got ixnayed?

You mean nightbird? I don't think I've ever seen circuit breaker.

Guy who looks like Tony? You mean G.B Blackrock? Dude always looked different every issue

That's the one.

Blackrock! That's him.

Mechanic was fun, he was just some bank robber who stole Ratchet's tools and used them better than he ever did.

Comparing Optimal to Cheetor (who's kind of a measuring stick for scale until he goes TM2), he seems to be somewhere between G1 Brawn and Jazz.

Yeah, I never really buy the human villains in G1. Something about how Earthlings somehow managed to take down an advanced race of machines just puts me off. At least Animated got an out with the tech of Earth at the time was reverse engineered from Megatron.

Yeah, the Maximals and Predacons are much smaller than Autobots and Decepticons. Something about more economic energon consumption. Guess the Micromasters stuff were successful that after the end of the Great War, everyone got shrunk down.

One or two could've been fine

bump

At least we got Kawamori (the Valkryie VF-1 was used for Jetfire/Skyfire and he designed Battle Convoy, who you know now as Optimus Prime) and Okawara designs for Transformers (hint: some of the Transformers' designs are repurposed Brave series design and vice versa)

Weren't the Transformers supposed to be spinoff from Micronauts? Or was that the Gobots?

A little bit of Diaclone and Microman among other things. I do remember reading about Hasbro getting in trouble for Jetfire that they had to rename and redesigned the guy to look less like a VF-1.

Still, I think one of the reasons Katoki would work is because he can fit a lot of complex details and parts into the designs. Sure the designs would be more SRW-like or even Gundam-like but they'd look baller toywise

\when Sari was in her protoform some of her "fathers" dna got in it…I think

A mixture

bump