Anonymous Admin

I've ​been ​getting ​a ​lot ​of ​questions ​about ​how ​Holla Forums's ​moderation ​works ​so ​I ​thought ​I'd ​write ​a ​post ​explaining ​the ​system ​I ​devised ​a ​year ​ago ​in ​detail ​when ​this ​was ​in ​the ​planning ​stage. ​I ​think ​that ​this ​system ​is ​robust ​enough ​to ​work ​even ​now ​with ​all ​of ​our ​new ​users.

The ​idea ​of ​this ​system ​is ​to ​minimize ​the ​trust ​needed ​in ​the ​moderators ​to ​prevent ​"do ​it ​for ​free" ​moderators ​from ​accepting ​bribes ​(sexual ​or ​otherwise) ​to ​corrupt ​the ​site ​as ​has ​happened ​with ​4chan.

∞chan ​allows ​anyoen ​who ​wants ​to ​become ​the ​moderator ​of ​their ​own ​board. ​They ​are ​given ​free ​reign ​to ​institute ​whatever ​rules ​they ​wish ​on ​t ​heir ​board, ​as ​long ​as ​they ​do ​not ​affect ​the ​global ​rules.

The ​largest ​board ​owners ​are ​promoted ​to ​Global ​Moderators. ​This ​is ​devised ​by ​an ​algorithm, ​but ​moderators ​are ​only ​promoted ​with ​my ​express ​aproval.

All ​new ​global ​moderators ​are ​sent ​a ​message ​congratulating ​them ​on ​becoming ​global ​moderators ​and ​explaining ​their ​duties. ​Their ​duties ​are ​to ​simply ​delete ​CP, ​excessive ​spam ​and ​other ​illegal ​content ​that ​comes ​on ​the ​server ​and ​ban ​dthe ​posting ​users ​and ​their ​IP ​ranges.

There ​is ​a ​large ​penalty ​for ​abusing ​their ​powers ​to ​ban ​users ​for ​other ​reasons. ​That ​penalty ​is ​that ​I ​will ​not ​only ​remove ​their ​global ​moderatior ​position, ​but ​also ​comandeer ​their ​board. ​I ​will ​then ​find ​another ​suitable ​owner ​for ​it ​among ​the ​board's ​users ​and ​give ​it ​to ​them.

Thus, ​the ​only ​people ​who ​moderate ​Holla Forums ​are ​those ​who ​have ​a ​stake ​in ​the ​site ​itself ​because ​they ​mod ​the ​board. ​Thus, ​they ​are ​not ​really ​doing ​it ​for ​free ​- ​they ​are ​simply ​protecting ​the ​site ​as ​a ​whole. ​It ​is ​in ​th ​eir ​interests ​to ​keep ​the ​site ​free ​of ​illegal ​content ​so ​that ​the ​site ​stays ​up. ​If ​they ​abuse ​their ​power, ​the ​site ​we ​worked ​so ​hard ​to ​create ​is ​stripped ​from ​us.

This ​means ​that ​there's ​only ​oen ​person ​that ​needs ​to ​be ​trusted: ​me. ​If ​I ​could ​have ​found ​a ​a ​way ​to ​remove ​myself ​from ​the ​trust ​model, ​I ​would ​have, ​but ​that ​is ​impossible ​given ​someone ​has ​to ​run ​the ​server.

Holla Forumss_moderation_doesn't_work_and_neither_does_the_moderation_of_the_entire_site,_either_disable_the_use_of_VPNs_and_proxies_and_turn_completely_into_4chan_and_lose_the_rest_of_your_userbase_or_stop_claiming_your_moderation_works_because_it_doesn't.

Who_the_fuck_are_you__talking_too._The_boards_dead.

I_AM_THE_KING_AND_RULER!_OBEY_ME!

Also:_I'm_a_worthless_fat_spic_who_fucks_this_board_up

Fuck_off_back_to_4chan_faggot_just_because_your_threads_don't_404_in_5_seconds_here_that_doesn't_mean_the_board_is_dead.
Slow,_yes._But_plenty_of_people_prefer_slow_boards_to_the_shitshow_on_4chan.

Dysnomia_is_a_fat_spic_nigger

This_thread_should_have_been_locked_imo.

Thats_cos_slow_boards_often_have_quality_posters_on_a_specific__subject._The_bots_posting_here_cant_even_quality_shit_post.

DERP!

is_this_copypasta?

Is_that_a_get_or_does_it_just_mean_you_are_using_Tor

Why_are_you_still_here?
Fuck_off.

loool

thats_hot

i_wish_i_could_skip_ahead_100_years_to_see_what_Holla Forums_will_be_like_then._i_hope_it_stays_true_to_this_

reply_to_my_post_GLaDOS

Cant_do_man_i_wont_get_paid_by_that_mewch_guy__unless_i_shit_up_this_board_for_awhile_more.

HAIL_CORKY

You_do_realize_8chans_been_run_that_way_since_the_beginning_right?
Too_bad_all_the_good_global_mods_already_left_because_of_jim_and_now_theres_nobody_left_willing_to_do_it_for_free_for_the_fat_fuck_aside_from_his_son.

STOP._BULLYING._ME.

STOP_IT

I_like_the_mods_being_anonymous._I_hate_namefags.

t._namefag