Is this supposed to be good? It's kind of messy, kind of shitty...

Is this supposed to be good? It's kind of messy, kind of shitty. Do people just praise mediocre older films for the fuck of it?

That's Nosferatu.

Most praise of older movies have to take into account the year it was released.
Like Welles shit. Citizen Kane is underwhelming to some because it pioneered a lot and people are used to it in this medium now.

i think van helsing is in it tho

Are you talking about the original or the 1979 remake?

It wasn't Stoker it was his widow. In fact the whole thing soured her so much on filmmakers that when Universal wanted to get the rights to make Dracula that Lugosi himself had to personally had to meet with her and charm her in order to secure the rights.

The remake by Herzog

So you're a 70s movie babby who doesn't even watch classic kino

GTFO underages and stop posting movies from your childhood

what is all this projection, I've been watching some Herzog and this was meh, hes meh compared to Zulawski. I liked Aguirre Wrath of God though

So is Dracula, Herzog version keeps the original names, you're responding to a dumb poster who is gay.

This works on 2 levels:
1. It's a complete talking remake of the 1922 F.W. Murnau-version.
2. Instead of the title character being an allegory of death and decay, this film focuses on the pain that immortality inflicts on the vampire. I guess this aspect was pretty new-ish when it was released

Fortunately for you, it's summer and the theaters are full of hi-octane movies full of explosive action and clever quips!

Nice meme, but is it too much to ask for good editing and flow

Have you seen Shadow of the Vampire? You'd probably enjoy it allot more.

It is too much to ask for good editing and flow because Herzog isn't a fine director in the classical sense of the word. Herzog was an enfant terrible with a camera, a ruthless, fatalistic, at times plainly immoral semiamateur filmmaker feeding off the sheer, brutal talent of a deranged Kinsky, a less than benevolent dictator who brought his early tour de force pieces to life by terrorizing his crew into submission.

By the time of Nosferatu this raw creativity was largely gone and the film itself is a dialogic monologue between Herzog, the orphan who tried -and in his own opinion, failed- to create cinematic art in the context of a postwar German culture that history devoided of its roots, and Murnau, the founding father who invented a new language of German film but left no legacy. A very personal. highly contextual movie and hardly a good one, but one that's worth watching for the acting of Kinski and the beauty of Adjani imo.

I understand why you didn't like it, but arthouse stuff can rarely provide the kind of wholesome cinematic experience you seem to seek. Maybe you should stay at the works of popular, acclaimed craftsmen, not everyone has to fall for the kino meme, it's perfectly fine to watch more directly entertaining movies that make you feel satisfied.

I didn't hate it and I love adjani, but I thought it could have been tighter.

Nah but I'll check it out

(cont) and yea Kinski was good

Full plebe spotted, go to Holla Forums homo

Nice autism, I have never been to Holla Forums nor is Zulawski and everything a fucking meme you fag plebbor

The visuals are quite great.

We talking about Herzogs