Do you think it's time to consider an exodus again?

Do you think it's time to consider an exodus again?

Some other alternatives currently include:
- 32chan
- .pl
- Endchan
- Meguca (Super interesting, liveposting is awesome)

I'm getting kind of frustrated with all these posting errors, makes me "nostalgic" in a bad way for 2015.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.pl
meguca.org
chiru.no/all/
nextchan.org/polk
endchan.xyz/tech/
finalchan.net/t/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

imageboards are dogshit

if it's to (((16ch))) or (((32ch))) consider yourself fucked. Goons own those and they use (((lets encrap))) so it is backdoored every step of the way. 8ch is the only site left untainted inspite of sunshine. GL finding that elsewhere unless you make it yourself. sage for summerfag post.
Also I don't know about meguca or .pl. Should try those out some other time.

The fact that I put again should point to the fact that I was here during the potential 2015 exodus / BO drama. I'm not new, and I have been here for a while. With that out of the way, let's continue.

>(((32ch)))
The "goons" are a bogeyman perpetuated by imkampfy.

>(((16ch)))
It died.

>(((Lets encrap)))
There isn't anything wrong with Let's Encrypt. Sure, you need to run it as root for it to work properly, but even so, it's free. And HTTPS is broken because of the security model. Oh, and it offers Tor support as well.

8ch.pl
meguca.org

I like meguca as software but the site itself needs to stop being just Holla Forums and /a/ circlejerk.

pl and endchan can go fuck themselves.

I checked 32 and I don't want to go another decade backwards in the site frontend thanks. 8ch is shit as it is but atleast it has the features an imageboard should have.

nntp remains interesting on paper but a clusterfuck in practice.

ring owns that though so fuck off.

ring owns the endgag tech too, so fuck off.

32chan is an option.

Hmm I wounder (((who))) could be behind that. Running a user program as root when all it needs is disk access that can be limited, proccessor access, ram access again can be limited, and networking. HMMM I also wonder (((who))) could be behind SSL being such a clusterfuck for cert authentication and mitm happening.
Who is that? Also I will check out those links later. Thanks.

kampfy is Holla Forums BO and freech's personal boogieman that they've been obsessing about daily for probably more than a year now in /sudo/.

Can we clean up this board instead?
Actions to consider:

stay here

I like these ideas

Spacechan.xyz is another alternative we could consider.

Guys a karenfag though

Well most of the board left after experiencing BO's faggotry years ago

HMMM LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE

>>>Holla Forums7180670
>>>Holla Forums7180724
>>>Holla Forums7180734
>>>Holla Forums7180736
>>>Holla Forums7180853

If you like the software but not the posters on meguca, then there's chiru.no/all/

could it be a warning?

A bunch of ornery Holla Forums users from our >>>/polk/ board are migrating to nextchan.

nextchan.org/polk

No, if we move somewhere it'll be to a non faggy imageboard.
all the ones you listed op are full of pajeets

variation of this gay thread after you shit up a bunch of boards has appeared on Holla Forums. No one cares about your goon-infested gay bath house. GFTO

;^)

nah.

Gee nanotech, why you making so many spam threads today?

ban everyone who cant list every case of undefined behavior in c

I have no fondness for 8ch or Holla Forums, but this shilling is too obvious and makes me uncomfortable

Endchan and 8ch.pl Holla Forums are official backup boards, with the same moderator teams. I own end/tech/, but not .pl/tech/ (or 8/tech/). So they're not good choices if your issue is the moderators, but this thread was made because of the posting issues.
For a technology board with the same moderators but a different site, endchan.xyz/tech/ is the most active.
For a technology board with different moderators and a different site, finalchan.net/t/ looks ok.
32ch has a Holla Forums now, but the last person who made a "free-speech technology board with different ownership" literally refused to delete spam because of free speech. I don't know if this is the same guy.
For a technology board with different moderators and the same site, try >>>/g/.

been thinking of writing and running a imageboard for a while in haskell with yesod what do you guys think

completly free ofc

Go for it, you can become the next josh.

>Running a user program as root when all it needs is disk access that can be limited, proccessor access, ram access again can be limited, and networking. HMMM I also wonder (((who))) could be behind SSL being such a clusterfuck for cert authentication and mitm happening.

so audit the code dipshit

Haskell is nice. But Yesod is a literal Jew (still better than sjwware though).

NNTPchan you dumbasses

fuck off goon

Also

8ch already lost the freedom of speech angle to it, so even 8ch is currently not what we thought it was. Fall of 2014 was the best time for this site, and now it's gone. I think we've lost and haven't realized it yet.

If 8ch doesn't have free speech then an imageboard with freedom is literally not possible.

If user created boards means no freedom of speech just because you disagree with the BO and are too autistic to make your own board, then the only alternative is the 4chan system where goons and SJWs have total control over the boards, in which case you have even less freedom.

Can you explain this, please?

Well it started with the banning of the pedoshit boards. Which is fine, but we all knew it was going to get worse. As it stands, Jim records all posts and encrypts them, ready to turn them over to authorities if they need info. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that this will eventually become a sort of ideological battleground and posters of certain "extremist" ideologies will begin to be reported. Sure, Holla Forums is the majority now, but it's only a matter of time. More and more topics will begin to get banned and a closer monitoring of posts will happen. 8ch was free for a brief period of time. It is no more.

Go back to freech or 32chan or where ever you came from and stay there if you don't like 8ch.

I like 8ch, but let's not fool ourselves. It's not that this is the perfect *chan, or the last bastion of free speech. It's just that this is the least corrupted imageboard so far, but that will eventually change as all others have.

And don't forget to take your tinfoil with you.

Apparently we must all worship this site with no criticism whatsoever, then? I wonder if you did the same with halfchan before m00t fucked it over?

You're literally calling for the doomsday of Holla Forums coming up even though you have nothing to base it on. Like it or not but Holla Forums is just as free as it was in the beginning, and besides sunshine there's no proof that 8ch "records all posts and encrypts them" or does anything of the like.

If you don't like what the BO of a board does, that won't be fixed by dividing and conquering the site, because the same is guaranteed to be repeated in another site that allows board creation. You can keep shooting your audience one by one but that won't change what people are like.

You guys are just like SJWs. If you disagree with someone or don't get what you want, you'll try to forcibly destroy everything and force and trick and cheat everyone else into breaking apart and doing what you want.

It's inevitable that this site will break down like all the others. This always happens. Now, if it's this year or ten years from now, nobody knows, but why would you think it's going to be different this time? Especially since it's already not the same site it was in 2014?

But this does happen. CodeMonkey has openly talked about this in regards to reporting terrorism suspects.

If you don't like what the BO of a board does, that won't be fixed by dividing and conquering the site, because the same is guaranteed to be repeated in another site that allows board creation. You can keep shooting your audience one by one but that won't change what people are like.
This isn't about individual board owners. This is about site ownership, which doesn't change. I guess you could make your own imageboard, but due to laws of certain countries, it won't work the same unless you host it in a similar place. I will continue this reply later. Have some work to do.

Also, I'm not trying to destroy anything. I like this site, and I reserve the right to eternally criticize it just because of that.

If that's the case, why leave before the site actually breaks down and everything is still fine? If you want to scatter every time a pin drops then you're going to have a very sad life, not that it can get a whole lot sadder than it already is.

Well I'm glad you provided sources for this claim.

It's pretty obvious that you're trying to scare and demoralize people with tinfoil theories while you're not busy outright telling them to move to 32ch or watever.

How about fuck you?

314chan.org sounds like a pretty chill place to hang out. Parley is a nice guy who's only in it for the community.

Not any more.
There is no indication that this will happen. Not to mention that the site administration is kind of Holla Forumsish and minority ideologies like those on Holla Forums and /islam/ are not at all fought against on a global level.

And he openly said that he removed the recording system, deleted the existing records, and deleted the key.

Seriously, do you have any examples of freedom of speech being infringed? Certain questionably legal pedo content that used to be tolerated is deleted now, but there's at least one active pedo discussion board that just doesn't allow that kind of content. I don't think there's been any kind of suppression of ideologies in the history of Holla Forums.

lainchan obviously

i barely post on Holla Forums

i just read

should i start avatarfagging too?
:^)

Don't you love seeing people get asshurt about a tripcode?

lolno

What do you mean by liveposting?

I have all but stopped posting on 8ch since the April 1 incident and the revelation of sunshine, but I will go ahead and chip in on this.
I am unfamiliar with this site, sorry.
I fear this site will face the same technical limitations that this site has since it is based upon the earlier engine this site used, if I recall correctly.
People paint this site as tinfoil, but I kind of like it. I admit I have not posted there much, but it seems solid and I would rather have a base that is too paranoid than not paranoid enough.
I understand the love for liveposting, but I do not like it. It seems to promote shitposting in that people will see an user they are arguing with typing a reply and quickly shit out a one-liner with no substance and an anime picture to watch the response, which is not conducive to good posting. I remember discussion on it also bringing up that it uses something from google, though I can't recall what it was at the moment. Do your own research on that.
(checked)
Before anons get their panties in a twist, this site has nothing to do with Josh despite using Infinity Never. This is another site I think is pretty decent as someone who uses /polk/ there on occasion. The owner has been open as far as communication goes and generally seems like a good guy. Another place I might recommend.

Ahh, finalchan. I have been crossposting on finalchan for a year and a half now. I love it, and I know the admins pretty well. They're good people, and I would love to see more people post on that site. However, it is worth mentioning that the culture there is very different. They have stricter posting guidelines on non-shitpost boards (/sp/ is the designated shitpost board), and if your thread is low effort, it will probably be moved accordingly. They also do not have a politics board. I understand this will probably make some people upset, but for my own usage, it is a plus. I love politics, I really do, but I do not want to ALWAYS talk about politics. Sometimes I just want to have an innocent /comfy/ technology discussion. Finalchan is somewhere I would highly recommend, but I understand it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Tl;dr: I believe a move is warranted. Endchan and Nextchan are both fine choices, but finalchan also comes highly recommended if you don't mind a different kind of community.

I should also add that textboards are another option for migration and would probably be less normalfag-penetrable. I enjoy them, but I also understand that many would not dare to leave their images behind. Some place like 4-ch.net would still keep a lot of conveniences, while something like say anonbbs.org, which is accessible via telnet over port 1337, would sacrifice many conveniences but also make it that much more difficult for others to find. I have not posted on either one of those sites extensively, so I cannot give a good review. Keep in mind thought that textboards also have a much different culture than imageboards, and many of them are not fond of Holla Forums-style shitposting.

This is a 32chan shill shilling.

Oh, btw, they're the ones spamming and then proposing an exodus because they need the numbers that bad.

You're totally right, they're not the bogeyman, just some newfags neets that want public that fucking bad.
If you had memory as you claim to have, you would remember 16ch is dead and that ch.pl stole the name and cloned board content from this site at the beginning just after we changed domain as an opportunity to grab users that didn't know better.

That's just low effort now

It was all a false-flag, retard. A bunch of shitposters staged the entire thing just to manufacture drama and turn 32ch into the next boogeyman. I'm not denying the OP is in on it though because relentlessly shilling that place was part of the agenda. But I doubt nanotech was directly in on it. Regardless it would be retarded to jump ship to some other dead imageboard especially since their admin seems to fail at PR when a bunch of spamming retards make me never want to go there in a million years. The only other choice that makes sense is NNTPChan. And its not trying to compete with traditional imageboards either.

what makes you think anyone wants to go to your shit site after seeing this thread?

I can tell you love attention bby, no need to let me know, keep posting like that too, see how well it works out.

Motherfucker, i don't give a fuck if it's admin is directly involved or not.

But whatever, to your point, you're right, i didn't consider all the possible reasons. However, let me point out that it makes little to no difference: >It could be obvious on purpose, to pin it on that site for reasons.
end result i don't go to that site nor whatever hot new chan #7475633 they came up with.
end result i don't go to that site.

./////.
o-o-okay

What did xe mean by this?

CHECKED

Is this supposed to look like German?
If you're going to roleplay as a nazi at least learn the language.

yes
I'm not, and you're objectively retarded
also fam it isn't even called "nazi"
neck yourself

checked

ban jap cartoons
ban Holla Forums

someone give this guy a global IP range ban

Yeah, freedom of speech means you get to do illegal things

No.

Why does Holla Forums belong on Holla Forums?

What should I use instead of Letsencrypt? I use it because it's free.

Then I stand corrected, but Jim did insist on closing source on 8ch, though that is no longer the case.

There is more indication that it will. It always does.

Last time the site went through trouble, they were the last to get restored. I'd say that might be a bit of an attack, but it was restored, so nothing to complain about. Personally not interested in politics other than being pro-tech shit, in the GNU kind of way.

It's a good thing I'm not advocating you do that.

I don't, though I don't think multi-site posting shouldn't be standard. I have yet to find somewhere that is a good backup for 8ch that isn't just pedo honeypots.

Sunshine was a thing in the past. There's no telling what is or isn't enabled at any moment. This won't last forever. Nothing ever does.

Except I'm not, and you'd know that if you weren't paranoid of da shills everywhere you went. Criticism of this site doesn't mean I think you should leave it.

Anyway Happy 4th of Julaaay faggots. Eurofags can go fuck themselves.

As I recall at no point has 8ch allowed illegal content. The pedo boards themselves were not illegal and even the discussion forum was banned. This, of course, means we got more reddditard traffic since they weren't scared of being v&.

Because they, like their communist counterparts, think that this is some kind of battlefield and that they have to "colonize" other boards. None of them have anything going for them other than politics and they can't fathom that you can enjoy shitposting about 1.7 porkshoulders without bringing politics into it. Of course, there are political arguments here, but Holla Forums and Holla Forums have devolved this into saying cuck this and cuck that, instead of actually boiling down why certain licenses or practices should or should not be used. Also, we have not had a good radio thread in a long time.

No.

theres too many fucking anons saging these days

its just another chinese imageboard though

what is your problem user-san?

.pl is run by ex 4chonners. They refuse to admit that .net is dead.

someone give him global vol

Burgerclaps can't even afford to.

Holla Forums actually got put on the list in the first place. It got restored before 99% of the other boards.

/younglove/ is a pedo discussion board that's still there, as far as I know. I don't feel like looking.

I-I-I-I-I'm sorry user-sama... I'll do better next time, I promise!

Didn't know you had to pay money to fuck yourself in Europe. Must be some kind of masturbation tax or some shit. In America, we have no such regulations. Now if you'll excuse me, it's the 4th of July and I have to shoot fireworks and guns. Dog bless America.

when Holla Forums was the center of the world, everything was good. Now it's just a small half chan.

but Holla Forums is quite shit now.

No, september 2014 is when it went downhill. When Holla Forums became the center of the world Holla Forums became a place filled with clones of boards from elsewhere, rather than its own thing.
I yearn for the times before september, when Holla Forums was a platform, without a vague overcoupling bundle of GamerGate and Holla Forums sentiments. When almost all boards were unique, because they were looking to create something new, rather than fleeing from an existing imageboard. When everything was fresh, and ideas flowed freely.
The first Holla Forums board I used was created in may, as an anonymous offshoot of a bulletin board. The board list was full of boards that just didn't have any kind of equivalent on 4chan, and I thought Holla Forums had something really cool going. There were a few legacy board names, but I didn't see the point.
The first person to link me to Holla Forums was also one of the most Tumblry people I knew, and there was nothing weird about that, because there was no ideology associated with Holla Forums as a whole yet. It was a place you went to to create your own imageboard. Nothing more, nothing less.
Of course there are even now lots of unique boards that aren't infected by global site culture, and it was an inevitable result of the site reaching critical mass, and a lot of this is tainted by nostalgia, but still - the site lost something with the 4chan immigration.

Why hasn't Fagiolli been banned ages ago?

Because he's cute.

The calls are coming from inside the house

are they doing it for free?

I was going by the reasons given in the OP, but I guess I really shouldn't be trusting them.

o hai Parsley

To add to the rest, I'll also personally vouch for finalchan.
It's slow right now just because there aren't a lot of users yet.

However, the mods seem to be dedicated to quality content, and the site doesn't look autistic either.
I frequent the place regularly. A well-behaved migration would be welcome, the /t/ board needs more tech people.