Thoughts on Murph and the movie Interstellar in general?

Thoughts on Murph and the movie Interstellar in general?

Pleasing enough in the moment but forgettable afterward.

Was very interesting and nice unti…. LOVE IS THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING and he found a gateway through some old books or some shit. God it had potential and it's shit fucked up bigly.

when i saw it I thought it was going to be a move about visiting alien worlds while looking for a new earth or whatever, and i liked that part lot actually.

and then the rest of the movie happened.

sage

Nolan's best work, tbh, even better than CIA Rises.

Nolan's worst film, at least until Dunkirk.

The auteur had too power, this movie is style without substance, reddit-tier shallow philosophy masquerading as deep understanding of life, pushing gender agenda (your duagthers are going to be smart scientists, your sons are stupid farmers who could not understand logic or sense). There are so much stupidity in this film, it insulted me that dumb retards believed that this had a shred of intelligence.

The plot is uninteresting, there is no tension, the twists lack surprises or logic. The ending were terrible, an easy cop-out. Yet, the music are so epic and gravitas that I feel numb to it all. It is so fucking fake.

The characters are cardboard cut-outs. All the women are idiots and yet the movie tried portrayed them as smart, but they were the dumbest female scientists I have ever seen in recent sci-fi. The males are even dumber for tolerating the females. The father did not give a damn about his son and were too cringe-worthy attached to his daughter. I have no sympathy for him.

I missed the days when Nolan were one of my favorite filmmakers. Now he is just another pretentious hack in Hollywood.

What are you talking about? The Dark Knight Rises is and always will be the greatest film ever made. All the dialogues, acting, cinematography, sound designs of the Godfather, Citizen Kane and other AFI greatest films could not compare to one second of CIA standing holding his belts.

Shallow garbage, but because the score is overbearing and the CGI is good normies will eat that shit up. Basically Michio Kaku in movie form.

Any scientist who starts crying in the middle of a mission due to "THE POWER OF WUV" will not be entrusted to save all mankind.

I hate this actress. Because she was in that muh Afganisthan movie, that nobody saw, but they still gave it an Oscar because of muh war on terrorism, they put her in everything. She has no talent, her face and name irritates me, basically she ruins what they cast her in.

How many decades did Cooper spend watching Lil Murph undress from that bookcase?

I thought Mackenzie Foy did a great job as young Murph. Why didn't she have a successful career afterwards?

She wanted to go to regular high school and get culturally enriched.

When will this fucking meme die out? Are you retarded? Didnt you watch the movie? Science is the fucking answer to everything, love is the only reason they kept going in a seemingly hopeless situation. I swear to god you faggots dont actually watch movies

DUDE EXPOSITION LMAO

DUDE SHOOTING MYSELF IN THE FOOT TRYING TO GO FULL KUBRICK BUT ONLY GOING FULL CLICHE LMAO

why is Nolan such a poser? Dos he have anything to say?

Decent aside from Matthew McConaughey's relationship with his family, all of those fucking fields, Anne Hathaway's character and that fucking stupid 3deep5u ending.

TOO OLD

The movie should have just stuck with the space shit, it cut far too much to the farm and whatever the fuck murph was doing

Why does it always seem like her character in every movie she is in is supposed to be 5-10 years younger than Chastain?

Because she can't act

Pretentious hipster garbage.

Watch more films, he is right

I love this movie I don't care what anyone else says.

nolan schlock
Holla Forums should be ashamed for liking this dreck

The only good part is when Cooper saves the Discovery after Dr. Mann blows the docking sequence.

He got intercepted by the tesseract, faggot. Thats what enabled him to fuck with time

Either that was a Team Fortress 2 reference or Nolan doesn't know how to write screenplays at all. Jesus Christ, next movie he's going to have "Mr. Dude" and "Mrs. Cunt" as title characters.

Convenient excuse for a film that tried to look smart for morons.

This. Interstellar is like Michio Kaku in movie form. Doesn't know a fucking thing, but has enough pop science in it to fool normies into thinking it's "smart".

Everyone who loved it did so because the soundtrack was incredible and made them feel emotions that they attribute to the film itself instead of the incredible compositions of Hans Zimmer.

4/10 made me respond

Structure a proper argument or fuck off, retard.

It's a forgettable suck fest.
Nolan should just stick to working on the sequel to his greatest achievement: the plane scene.

So many unanswered questions. Instead of throwing 170 million at a failed space opera you could instead use it to tell the epic of the Wreckage Brother, Masketta Man, Juan, Bane and CIA, with all the twists and turns.

dumb bitch with Electra complex

Besides the big guy scene the only good thing Nolan ever did was The Prestige.

I liked it, but yes, the plot is shit. Visually and musically it was decent. Plot was generic. Power of love bullshit was eh, but up until then the science checked out, and I'd love to see more movies where relativity fucks with people.

Interstellar wasn't about trying to look "deep" or "smart" at all, and those of you who think it was need to learn how to think outside of memes. It was simply a combination of pro-space-travel propaganda and some feel-good stuff about a bright future for humanity. Interstellar was an HFY thread in film format: not designed to showcase any genuine science and expecting a screenplay writer to be knowledgeable enough to do such a thing in the first place is retarded and unrealistic anyway but rather to make you feel hyped for spehss and 5th dimensions n sheeit.

If you stopped being some sort of pretentious armchair critic who can't watch a film without somehow trying to shoehorn "MUH DEEP" into your analysis, you'd realize that Interstellar is, in fact, a good film that carries out its objectives perfectly.

Dr. Mann is a cowardly, deceitful, and homicidal human. He is supposed to represent humanity at its worst or something. Also, the climate scientist/charlatan who made the hockey stick graph is named Dr. Michael Mann. Dr. Mann in the movie is on an "ice" (visually) planet. Get it, global warming guy on an "ice" planet?

The score is forgettable. It had the same monotone all throughout the film. It was the work of a hack who ripped off his own work, because he had no more creativity to spare. the music was supposed to be felt not heard the music is big audio sign to feel sad or overwhelmed meaning it gone past its objective.

A Reddit response. But no, it did not succeeded in its objective. The fifth dimension was boring deus ex machina put in the end of the film just to resolve the plot. The future looked like the present without any significant changes to human happiness.
Fucking plebbit, go back to you site. Your standard is too low for this board.

But the deus ex machina at the end is sort of the answer to all the other questions in the film. Also, some sort of magical element at the end is part of the formula. The movie or book starts off in a world we recognize, the main character travels to exotic worlds and does heroic feats, and at the end he battles the supernatural and defeats it or comes out victorious in the end. Indiana Jones did this exact thing with the ark of the covenant. The only reason people get pissed about Interstellar is that Interstellar tries to be serious and "sciency" when in reality it is no better than the average pulp fiction story.

You nailed it. Story isn't just about what happened, but how you tell it. Interstellar would have been a much better film had Nolan wasn't delusional in thinking that "love (only romantic and parental) is the greatest force in the universe" is an truest concept in reality and not a silly simplistic thinking. Had the story is an upbeat adventure appropriate to its simple silliness, it could have been a much better film like Nolan's early works.

Nolan was always a hack who liked sniffing his own farts.

Disagree. He maybe overrated to some people, but he used to make quality works until the Dark Knight boosted his ego, removed the authority above him, and he sniffed his own anal for almost a decade.

>>>/reddit/

Terrible casting. Interesting story.

You can love something speedlight can reach. it makes sense. a lot of the stars in the sky will never be reachable yet we can love the idea of them knowing they exists instead of being born in a lonely galaxy far in the future with all the sky completely dark except for few stars and your sun.
the astrection of something can defeat physics rules (obviously by cheating) which means that love too is a good enouch reason to keep going forward even in all adversities.

you are forgiven. it was an hard message to convey, but as long as you love it you can hope to keep going forward and maybe one day, one day you too will understand the meaning of fuckinginterstellar

If the movie was good or not isnt what this is about, nice shifting the goalposts though. It must be hard to admit you are wrong about some shit meme you bought into

Black whole was bullshit, tho. can't deny that

I think the Plane Scene gave him a god complex, but he's too full of himself to admit it's all downhill from there.

I don't know what the hell this post means.

No.

It was shit
Score was breddy gud tho

I made my judgement on that film before I get out of the theatre. And, that ending is dumb as fuck.

basically this but the score is overrated too

Don't care for Nolan but you're a pleb. Nolan didn't think 'love is the greatest force', the girl did and the others rolled their eyes. She wasn't even proven right or anything, just that Dr Mann was cunty liar.

Pretentious garbage that doesn't understand space time continuum theories.
Also, I'd neck myself if I just had to eat corn.

The rest of the film after that point is trying to prove that point. And the ending prove it was right. I guessed you never was an attentive viewer, just a moron. It was love that supposedly able to make the father spied on his daughter gave the solution, love that allow hathaway to survive. The future humanity couldn't figure out a way to save the past without love.

What the fuck are you on? Love didnt make the fucking tesseract and love didnt make the spaceship or the habitable planet, go fuck yourself

Love bring the father to the daughter→Save Humanity→Make the Science Magical Solution.

You're still an idiot that doesn't understand context

Love was the motivation that kept them going in desperate situations, not once did it magically solve anything. If you cant handle bullshit sci fi machines its ok but dont go full retard about it

The start is like tearjerking.
A man who promises to be back in an hour, ends up not returning in like 40 years. In a short span, he sees a video of his adult kids, realizing he was never really a father after his kids was at a young age.

And then the whole luckily the daughter made it, re-invented science, solved the gravity puzzle and could warn his father so he could abandon young her.

Yey, Hollywood..

This.

ACT
C
T

It's extremely overrated, at best. There's science fiction produced on a budget of $10k that's orders of magnitude more compelling.
Granted, there's some interesting playing out of relativity and the human experience with it in the film. There's some potentially interesting dystopia in there, too. Interstellar throws it all in there, mixes it up, and succeeds at none of it.
I saw it when I originally came out, and was disappointed. Upon further viewings, I could only come to the conclusion that it's extremely fucking overrated.
Hopefully his brother's TV adapation of Asimov's Foundation is good, though.