Tapes or CDs?

Do you like tapes and cds?

Pianos what play themselves for the win.

tapes are awesome test
you could rewind them with a pencil
shit was so cash

Is the punchline "can i tape my dick to your forehead so you can cds balls" because if not you're still autistic.

I prefer CDs because it's faster to faster to change songs

8 track faggot.kys

Back in the '90s, cassettes were still popular because they were sold at like half the price of CDs at retail, which were going for like $15 a pop for new releases. Cassettes were also more durable, while CDs could be ruined by one little scratch, making cassettes a better option for kids. This was also before there were rewritable CDs and audio cassette recording was common.

Cassettes are actually making a comeback, just like vinyl did. It's technically obsolete stuff, but people love nostalgia.

I jacked off to some Brooke Shields the other day.

that wasn't brooke

Vinyl all the way baby

not sure if oldfag or newfag

Tapes are ok, but I'd rather have floppy disks. I mean when they were still good quality and not made in China.

Are you sure? I'm certain it was Brooke's cunny and tits I was jacking off to.

if it was, it wasn't from pretty baby. the girl in the pic had bigger tits. it was close, but i don't think it was her.

Shit. Well I guess it's the thought that counts.

checked. if you were happy with it, does it matter so much?

I guess it really doesn't matter. At least I know I wasn't busting a nut to a trap because that's some 4chan tier faggotry.

true

Mostly CDs

nice rack, user

Thanks.
It's a labor of love.

That's not the point, though.

What is the point then? It's all digital anyway, not like you get better quality like you do with e.g. vinyl. Files on a hard drive are also faster to browse and access.

and you NEED a computer to play them. congratz, user. you played yourself

I have all of this converted to digital, but in the very possible event my phone gets stolen/HD crashes/cloud goes down I still have it.
Plus I can lord over my collection and enjoy the tactile sensation of actual ownership.

What are you posting from then? An abacus?

K, as a backup it's understandable, but the data on CDs is already digital - the only conversion happening is between different file types.

True, but I'm not going to carry around a bunch of CDs, so I rip them to a hard drive and then transfer them to my phone's extra storage card.
This way i have the physical copy (master), HD copy (backup), and phone copy which is on my primary music player, as I hate streaming.

You, my man, are way too far advanced in your wisdom, for us to fully comprehend it.

Physical media is one of my favorite things about this existence.

That feel of

The prospect of physical media dying out depresses me more than the possibility of a communist one world government.

You're missing the point.
It's about the physical/tangible aspect, having the album exist as an actual entity not just images and text on a screen.

My point is the album on a CD still only exists as 1s and 0s, just as it does on a hard drive which is also a physical thing.
The only difference is the hard drive doesn't have the album art printed on it.

cds are an experience
you browse through your shelf looking for which album to play, you insert it into the player etc
A hard drive isn't comparable.

True, the experience is different, but in the end the same effect is achieved (same quality audio being played). I understand why some people may prefer owning a bunch of CDs.
I just think it's wasteful as opposed to having digital music backed up on a few hard drives. For me the only reason to own individual albums is if they're in analog form - vinyl/tape - as that gives an actual difference in the sound produced.

I don't care so much about music format, but with software it was nice to get a box with nice artwork, poster, thick manual, and sometimes other goodies.

mini disc

I collected CD's as a kid so i still have a shit ton, i still prefer them though
-having the physical cd to see the artwork and pamphlet is pretty snazzy
- i like to listen to some rap pn my drive to work, and i usually listen on spotify through an aux cable, but the quality on a cd is way better. the audio quality, and mixing is way better
-my final reason to love cd's is what they look like when you've got them all arranged and sorted on the shelf lookin all sexy….maybe im an autist

I'm going to tape my dick to your forehead so you can cds nuts.

YASSSSSS!

Tapes all the way. More durable and will last 1000s of years before a cd will be scratched once and it will be unusable. Yes the cd is compact and easier to store and cheaper to make. But cheap isnt my concern because im not a nigger. But its 2017 and using usb drives is completely better. Those things will last ten times more than anything. Plus the amount of information stored is greater.

wat

LIVE GODDAMN MUSIC