Anyone else here on summer break? What are you doing in the interim period? Are you losing it?

Anyone else here on summer break? What are you doing in the interim period? Are you losing it?

I'm trying not to go crazy without the simulation of school and at least a modicum of decent reading and discussion, and I kind of forgot how niche leftist thought is among the majority of the population and how little anyone wants to engage with it even kind of.

If anyone has good book recommendations or general suggestions as to how to not let the mundane 9 to 5 reality of summer (or the rest of your life, honestly speaking) set in, please help me out.

Also, American anons- what's your stance on 4th of July? I'm planning on getting drunk, floating a tube down a river, then setting of fire works in the street of my city's rich neighborhood.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SECVGN4Bsgg
nabigfootsearch.com/Bigfootstore.html
theblacktapespodcast.com/
c0da.es/
youtube.com/watch?v=fLikdK8LjmE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You need to be 18 to post on this board.

Delete your account.

Now I get why people claim Holla Forums has a surplus of lumpenproles.

Coincidentally I was actually permab& when I was maybe 14 from 4chan for being underage, but that was 7 years ago.

Why aren’t you doing Summer studies?

Or working.

Or at a soup kitchen.

Just curious, this is my plan: youtube.com/watch?v=SECVGN4Bsgg

And here, go read Missing 411.

nabigfootsearch.com/Bigfootstore.html

I've been working, working out, writing/editing scripts, and in my spare time hanging with my gf or shitposting here or playing vidya Looking forward to going back, if only so I can hurry up and finish my degree.

Will probably spend Monday cuddling and relaxing.

I am working. I'm doing paid research for a book my professor is working on, which is better than nothing, but it's almost entirely in regard to demographics and general geopolitical factoids about mid 20th century America, which is fine but making my eyes bleed already.

Also, think we just spoke the other night- I'm the Paulides' fan who you spoke briefly to in an unrelated thread. Still working on finding a torrent.

I feel this same way mostly. My girlfriend is several hours away so this isn't really an option, and I'm just anxious as a junior to get my thesis done and go do real work.

That sucks man. There's nothing like living with your gf and not having to drive to see her. But yeah, get that shit finished. I'm going part time and had to take time off for personal reasons but I'm pretty sure I'll be done in 2 years.

Even worse, several hours by plane. We met at school way up north and she graduated last year and stayed in the northeast, so it's fine from September to June but when I'm back in the south for the summer it's hellacious.

Do you go to a big public school where you can do part time? I've always thought about it but at my libarts school it's just not possible and they'd take away my full ride. Also, what's the political climate where you go?

Fuck that sounds awful.

I go to UH. I fucked up in high school and transferred from a community college so I don't have to worry about losing a scholarship or financial aid if I go part time. Political climate tends towards SJW from what I've noticed, but admittedly I'm not really involved with any campus organizations.

Aye, Alex Jones thread.

So any fun insights from the research?

Too bad, 19th century is funnier.

And doubt there's a torrent, it's fringe and if it doesn't show on btdigg than it's probably either not hosted, or on some file host.

I don't even know if he's provided a digital copy, which would mean someone would have to hand scan it.

Hope you enjoyed the links to M.U. and Natural Planes.

Here's some irrelevant materiel to ease your mind away from tasks.

theblacktapespodcast.com/

c0da.es/

Hardly, but I could trawl through my notes on Monday and check out what gross stuff I've found on Naval Academy grads (whom the book is mostly about, it's apparently somehow in line with recent best sellers surrounding I guess niche personal timelines). There is some shit about how the more involved you were with the hippie free love Timothy Leary acid orgy movement shit the more likely you were to be a cowboy capitalist piece of shit in the 80s that I've managed to cobble together but its really hardly surprising.

This looks neat, I'll give it a look in a minute.

Side note, are you in a part of the US with Paulides type cluster dissapearances or similar weird shit? I've been looking for someone to parlay about this with but have been coming up short.

I'll read pic related when I'm done with the finals.

I love summer break because "summer jobs" aren't really a tradition where I live, and I do virtually nothing but read for a month.

Every year I fall off the grid completely - no social media, no cellphones, as few irl interactions as possible - and I just study. When I'm back to college my hair is usually all weird and I'm like Moses returning from the mountain.

I fail to see how getting like 45% of the vote despite all odds makes Bernie the biggest loser on the planet

Where are you that break is only a month and you're STILL doing finals? We get out in early June and that's almost unheard of.

I'm going on proper vacation for 2 weeks in August where I get to essentially unplug and read and wander around the countryside, but that's not for more than a month. That sounds unbelievably relaxing, especially the summer jobs not existing component.

I'm not american and I'm in college. I don't even get a full month.

So you guys tipically start your break in June and it lasts until August? That's way too long, I'd be going crazy too

Most people get out in the beginning of May, and get back near the end or middle of August. It really is way too long. We are one of a small handful that get out early June and back late August, and people lose their minds over how short that is - it's still nearly a full 3 months. It really is excessive. Can I guess whereabouts you do go to school? I'm considering doing grad school somewhere in Europe, and personal experience would be super valuable.

So if your summer break is so short, what does a typical school year look like?

That movement had a lot of shallow folk that had no rational commitments other than escapism and failed attempts at new ideologies, so of course they took the success of the sweet era and made their mark, as any smart person would.

But they fell out of the lifestyle and most all used it to abuse it. Micro-dosing as proven far more effective, though it remains an "every other day, no more" chemical. Only idiots try "all day e'ery day" with it.

The academic uses of acid had far more profound results, like the works of Terrance McKenna.

Not nearly as genius or charismatic as Leary., but he left behind a more profound legacy in the scientific debate on psychedelics.

youtube.com/watch?v=fLikdK8LjmE

My region probably has more than a few hotspots, and I'm lately plagued by sleep paralysis that leaves me feeling like I'm experiencing a visitation.

They're simply hallucinatory/between sleep events- yes, but I can't shake what implications they may have, or even the opportunities for insight & entertainment if I ever get a hold of the altered state.

My region has folk tales that lead me to believe that my forests are safeguarded by a folk legend. Any certainty, even false certainty, combats the fear.

Here's an email for any future correspondence: [email protected]/* */

Sent you an email, probably too late for you to be awake.and see it until morning

Sent reply.

It's same time here but I keep absurd hours.

I get the nearly-three-months vacations at the end of the year. My classes ideally end somewhere in December and then we get back in March, and I say ideally because I study in a notoriously messy public university that will probably not go the entire year without some strike or else that will affect class dates and fuck our plans.

I'm actually in Brazil, so rn it's not really "summer break" but anyway.

Working

If you're not working, you don't deserve to live. Go send out those resumes and applications. Surely there are dishwasher and burger flipper openings nearby.

You actually don't. Piss off.