De-Googling Your Life

Hey there anons, how are you de-Googling yourself?

I'll start:
Browser: Firefox
Search engine: DDG (yes, bad, I know, but just to fuck Google up and it has some nifty features)
Office: LibreOffice
Phone: TODO (still on Android, I'm planning on porting Sailfish OS on an older device)
Online storage: TODO
E-Mail: TODO (already have a web domain)
Google Calendar: TODO

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PrivateBin/PrivateBin/wiki/PrivateBin-Directory
store.vikings.net/index.php?route=common/home
fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems
github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
duck.co/help/results/sources)
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
searx.neocities.org)
startpage.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mostly running my own services on a low-energy-consumption computer.

Email:
Gandi.net

Online storage:
Nextcloud

CalDAV calendar:
Nextcloud

Maps:
openstreetmaps

Video conferencing:
Jitsi Meet

Social media:
GNU social

Multimedia sharing:
mediagoblin

Nice blogpost

Use searx.me or any of the other instances. Even better, alternate between them. It does pretty much everything searx does.

I'd recommend Pale Moon, but firefox is pretty good if you disable the tracking. I'd highly recommend IceCat, but be sure to get rid of LibreJS and use UMatrix instead.

Consider CopperHead OS instead

Use nextcloud, or better yet, don't use online storage.

Use cock.li. If you need professionalism, use airmail.cc (cock.li) or use protonmail to be extra safe. Use GPG to send your e-mails to friends.

Any generic calendar application that can sync up to your VPS will do.

Go check out DigitalOcean, they're like 10 bucks a month.

Gentoo
Icecat
Searx instance
Libreoffice and Emacs
Replicant
Don't store private data online.
If you want to share vids, images etc.. there's mediagoblin. (beware of the developer of mediagoblin he's a sjw)
If you want to share code or plain text see privatebin:
github.com/PrivateBin/PrivateBin/wiki/PrivateBin-Directory
If you want a VPS I suggest vikings
store.vikings.net/index.php?route=common/home
Their the only one with non pozzed hardware and non blobbed software.
See fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems
Emacs

-uMatrix:
Use a whitelist method.
-µblock origin
Use it has a failsafe if you fuck up with uMatrix
-Https Everywhere
Block all non https traffic
-Detect Cloudflare
To detect website that uses cloudflare
-Random Agent Spoofer
It's more than just a user agent spoofer you can make fake your resolution screen and other parameters.
-Self-Destructing Cookies
Obvious name

NSA thread is NSA
shiggy

Debian on almost everything.
qutebrowser.
Searx.
Libreoffice, org-mode+LaTeX.
Cyanogenmod without any Google apps/services.
STACK (Dutch OwnCloudish sorage with 1 TB for free), Syncthing (with my VPS as one of the nodes).
Openmailbox.
Openmailbox's OwnCloud instance.

Some of it is developed by Google, notably my phone OS and browser engine, but none of it uses Google services, and that's what really matters.

Is there an OSS DIY psuedo-search engine you could use as a roll-your-own solution? Something that could be set up on a VPS with a 10-15 gig cache of files leading out to the greater 'net?

YaCY is a distributed search engine. It comes closest to what you want.
Searx is a meta-search engine. It takes results from other engines. If you're the only user of an instance it doesn't do much for your privacy.

Note:
Searx does include Yacy but most servers don't activate it unfortunately.

searx.me is just a proxy to Google, Bind, etc. which makes it pretty easy for them to monitor, bubble or shut down completely such sites (e.g scrogle, disconnect)
StartPage is the same thing.
DDG on the other hand has its own index and they index a lot of tech related sites.

What tracking? What?

DuckDuckGo takes its results from other search engines as well, with the bonus of having an owner that previously founded a service that made money by collecting e-mail addresses.

Is just one instance
github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
Searx is a decentralized meta search engine.
Yes that's the whole point.
Monitor who ?
The server who makes the request ?
Yes
But that's not the point of the searx engines.
The purpose of the searx engine is to proxy search engine request so that the user gets anonymity.
+ you can use hidden services when available
+YaCy is integrated to searx (but it needs to be activated)

And you can use searx to make request to DDG if DDG is honest about it's privacy system it won't bother them that people use a proxy to make requests.

Only if you have manually selected the region.

So what?

That doesn't seem right. Source?
Makes it hard to trust that he really cares about my privacy.

Just check it.

You don't need to trust him since you are not giving any personal info. Also, to search something really intimate you can use their onion mirror.

Ii>>763489
It's a proxy and a handful of people are using it. It's even worse if you try to hop between various instances.

As I understand DDG doesn't send you request directly to other search engines. (duck.co/help/results/sources)

OP here, I'm an average Joe with not much to hide. Not an autist (and no, it's not bad to want Gentoo/Void Linux/something else to avoid the NSA/other spying organizations)

Whilst I do consider GPL shilling to be naive (hell, you are battling against a wall, the odds you'll win are nil) and I use BSD instead for my work, I do appreciate some of the stuff the GNU community comes up with.

That actually is easier than porting Sailfish. But I guess I'll still do it because I ain't no loser faggot.

huh, didn't knew searx included YaCy. Nice.

Not that other dude, but he has legit concerns with regards to DDG. DDG does track you, and besides the IP address, we don't know much about what it does. For all I care, it could be a honeypot, but I don't want to support Google.

At least in Firefox you still have the ability to edit shit out. Check this github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js

Browser: Lynx and/or Arachne on FreeDOS, because ring 3 is for peasants

Search engine: webcrawler

Office: wherever I got paper and pens

Phone: landline

Online storage: 1 TB USB disk

E-Mail: post office

Google Calendar: the thing hanging on my wall

Fedora. I'm planning to change to something else like Slackware because of Systemd and one really buggy program known as Tracker. I'm too busy to change the distro right now though.

Browser:
"Hardened" IceCat, Tor Browser and Firefox. I usually use a VPN when using IceCat or Firefox. I mostly use Firefox now because I partially broke my IceCat installation with some setting. I always run browsers in a VM.

Browser plugins:
NoScript, uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere in IceCat.

Search engine:
StartPage, DDG, searx.me and Google. I only rarely use Google because sometimes StartPage and DDG don't give relevant search results. I always use VPN or Tor when searching for someting.

Office:
LibreOffice.

Phone:
Currently CyanogenMod with my Nexus 5. My phone has a cracked screen, so I'm buying a new phone soon. Then I'm going to switch to LineageOS.

Online storage:
I don't really need it.

E-Mail:
OpenMailBox. I don't fully trust them though because they use Google services. I don't have time to change E-Mail provider or host my own right now.

Calendar:
Unsynced stock phone calendar.

Fortunately icecat exist.

Who is this guy who RMS is skyping with?

Sailfish is much more proprietary than CyanogenMod, believe it or not. Important parts are kept proprietary even though Jolla owns the copyright. I'm not a fan.

Bryan "The Rat" Lunduke

Also I believe they speak over Tox

OS: Parabola GNU+linux-libre on libreboot thinkpad x200

Browser: Icecat and Iceweasel

Search engine: startpage.com

Office: Vim + LaTeX

Phone: none

Online Storage: none

Email: Riseup.net and cock.li

Calender: Normal calender on my wall.

r8

Still - I prefer proprietary stuff from Jolla than Google's proprietary stuff.

Get outta there. Fast. I moved to openSUSE because it's more functional than Fedora, but I had some nightmares waking up one day after a fresh install that the camera went on and off without my intent.

Also: GNOME is SJW shit, they have strong ties with the NSA, etc.

Easier than Slackware and non-systemd is Void, which I humbly recommend. Bad repos TBH, but nonetheless, it's really a nicely-made distro. And runit is blazing-fast.

I prefer Google's libre stuff over Jolla's proprietary stuff.
Cyanogenmod/LineageOS is almost completely libre. Proprietary Google crap has to be added manually. The base system is also developed by Google, but it doesn't have anything really objectionable.

Browser: Icecat

Search engine: a Searx randomizer (searx.neocities.org)

Office: Libreoffice

Phone: Replicant

Online Storage: Why bother when you can easily self-host your own files.

E-mail: ISP address + GPG

DNS: OpenNIC

Trust comes in the form of transparency and code, and Weinberg's word alone just won't do. Especially when prior to DuckDuckGo he made a fortune off a business collecting and selling personal information. Searx, however has its code on Github, and you can see all it does is pass the query, nothing more.

I would rather put my chips with a pool of volunteers that may or may not be malicious actors than with an opaque company that has profit as the main motive for existing. (Remember well that Google rose on its claim of "doing no evil" a long time ago.)

Fucking pedophiles

It's botnet

Browser: Chromium
Search: Google
Office: GApps
Phone: Android
Email: GMail
DNS: 8.8.8.8

PHP and Java are shit, but not particularly botnet.
Python is fine.

THEN HOW ON EARTH DO YOU IMAGINE A COMPANY WORKING?

GEE, BOIS, I HAZ THE BEST IDEA! LETS RUN A COMPANY INTO BANKRUPTCY!!!

also, they serve ads.

Being of service to others is a motive that makes money secondary. Many of us practice this personally, so we can hold others to the same standard.

t. hippie

What do I do if there's no way to install a custom rom on my android phone?

OP, just use startpage- that way you're really striking back against jewgle. Startpage sends your search to google but without your ip/tracking info so you can get results straight from google without telling them anything.

startpage.com/

Fuck opensuse. Use debian.

See what

said. Startpage is an obvious honeypot, at least DDG tries its best not to tell you that.

Debian is usually a dick with my hardware, and openSUSE has nifty ezpz printing support.

So I know google is shit, but how do other search engines even compete? Firefox tossed yahoo at me and their results are just completely fucking garbage. Unless its something really popular, Yahoo has no idea what I'm looking for. I got a similar feeling from using duckduckgo and Bing too.

the web is so centralized that you're better off just using internal site search than generalized search

I had a lot of inexplicable technical problems with Startpage and then one day it returned zero results for a search that had tons of relevant hits on Google. Didn't use it after that.

Is there a way for searx video search to not load thumbs directly from Youtube, Vimeo, etc but rather load them through a proxy like StartPage does?

t. (((synagogue of Satan)))

source?
What DE do you use?

Browser: Firefox ESR (with ublock, https everywhere, decentraleyes, and disconnect addons)
Search: DDG, thinking of switching to searx
Office: LibreOffice
Phone: Android with Google services disabled and many apps replaced with F-Droid alternatives.
Maps: openstreetmap
Online storage: don't use
Email: still on gmail but I have a protonmail account set up.

SE: Startpage
Office: Emacs
Phone: Still Android sadly
Online Storage: TODO
E-Mail: Cock.li and Protonmail.com

SELinux is a NSA-Redhat project. NSA uses Redhat technology by default.

Has this shit been audited yet?
Just quickly looked into how it works, and it looks unsafe as shit. But the idea is interesting, so if anyone did the service of analyzing it, that'd be nice to know.

I can't escape Google, the main things holding me back are my Gmail account and Youtube + My YT account.

www.startpage.com

there's your answer, user. It takes results directly from Google without sending your ip address/info, so basically de-googled google.

if all that's left is YouTube, I can consider that I won.

It's still annoying to be stuck to other social networks (Facebook, Instagram) but I've already reduced my likes from 2700 to about 750. Instagram is still something I'm planning on de-normie-ize.

If you want to pay the price of being in a botnet for a more mainstream search engine, at least use Yandex. The results are pretty good, and their reach is infinitely smaller than google, so they'll have not as many ways to connect the info you give them and so learn less stuff about you, and you won't exactly be feeding such a huge hungry giant.

I'm not doing so good, but I'm working on it.

Browser: Epiphany-browser / Firefox
Search Engine: DDG
Office: Libreoffice
Phone: To-do (currently running android-based rom on my phone)
Online storage: to-do (Don't currently use)
E-mail: openmailbox.org (for serious things)
cock.li (for shitposting / spam)
Youtube: vid.me

i was never Googled to begin with

consider suicide

what the fuck

yea, uni stuff and not being a social outcast.

only a social outcast or normalfag would think this

I like the randomizer and just wrote a tiny little PHP script that does that, fetches online instances with a cron job and passes any bang queries to DDG.

You have to trust Searx to actually run that code, though.
I mean, in theory we can (or could) access the source code of Holla Forums, but now we all know {{{Jim}}} runs it as a Botnet like everyone else.

Search engine: DDG as well.
Office: OpenOffice
Phone: Blackberry
Online storage: free.fr
E-Mail: derpymail.org / Thunderbird
Google Calendar: Thunderbird, Blackberry thing for it that syncs perfectly well.

even if that's true, even if they log and store everything, they probably don't go so far as to give your search history to google and link them to your identity
and the point is to unlink your search history from the profile google has on you
if you want absolute privacy you can always use it through tor

Browser: Microsoft Edge
Search Engine: Bing
Office: Microsoft Word
Phone: Windows Phone
Online Storage: Microsoft OneDrive
E-mail: Microsoft Outlook
Calendar: Microsoft Outlook

Better to trust Google than the government you CIA shills.

but user google IS cia

WHAT DO I REPLACE GOOGLE MAPS / WAZE WITH?

I HATE TRAFFIC AND AM DIRECTION CHALLENGED.

It's honestly hard to say at this point who's the most powerful entity and is controlling the other, between Google, CIA and government.
Also CIA and government, not same thing anymore. Sometimes work together, but CIA it's own man.

As good measure, for a happy and prosperous life, remember to buckle your seatbelts and trust no one.

You can buy a pocket map which is 1000% more handy, especially when your phone is dead.
Traffic is pretty easy to predict, also they announce it on the radio, big cities also have digital billboards with notifications about traffic circulation and roadway construction ahead.
A public transportation is a real challenge though, you still can use it anonymously in some places but you have to overpay for a ticket, by using their 'app' or a credit card you could get it quiet cheaper.

You need neither of those if you live in the countryside, as a white man ought.

OSMand~ from F-Droid works alright.

here Maps via APK Mirror

I use maps.me (formerly maps with me), but osmand is allegedly good too. Make sure to get one where you can download the maps locally. You both save on data and avoid giving your location out, even if it's to /our guys/.

Browser:Actually... Seamonkey
Search engine:DuckDuckGo
Office: Office 97.
Phone:a brick phone, with the 2eur/month Free.
Email:Derpymail
Online storage: FTP.
CalDAV calendar: Oracle PeopleSoft.
Maps: a NavMan.
Video conferencing: Omegle
Social media: Inkbunny, IRC
Multimedia sharing:Harman Kardon PM660
Did I forget something? Ah yes, Recaptcha, don't use 4chan. Ever again. I hope you all know this. Also I use a spare browser for Twitter, Youtube and more things for "normies", Palemoon.

What a faggotory. I bet you run this crap in VM

OS: Devuan on laptop, Arch on desktop (will probably >install gentoo soon)
Browser: Tor Browser, Firefox for stuff where I can't use Tor Browser like Holla Forums
FF extensions: Decentraleyes, FoxyProxy, Greasemonkey, HTTPS Everywhere, Self-Destructing Cookies, uBlock Origin, uMatrix
Search engine: Startpage
Office: LibreOffice is installed, but I never use it
Phone: Android but without gapps, when this one gives out I'm not buying a new one
Online storage: No, I use BitTorrent to download stuff that's about it
E-mail: own domain for work, hosted by the registrar, cockli for personal use, pretty much only log in if I know someone's sent something to me
Google calendar: alarms on my phone and notes for anything beyond that

Which one is it?
kek'd

wat

Since when?

What id I told you this sperg's on a Thinkpad 600X, a Pentium machine, And certainly lives with crippling paranoia despite having to cope with malware every time he goes on the internet, especially here.

No more red pills... for that guy.

Datamining thread, nice try NSACucks

the NSA are under your bed, the NSA are in your shoes, the NSA are in you hair and the air from the trees that we breathe. i was just about ready to give up on understanding but you have truly changed my life and now i see.

I'd use your Searix randomizer but it requires JS, it seems.

You legitimately use Horsefucker-Email(tm) as your email provider even though you don't know anything about the software behind it nor who even operates it? Is the MKUltra-designed gimmick really that appealing to you?

The only interesting part is whether you can use it via Tor.
needs js or use of an extremely terrible site
doesn't care

It would be a good idea to decrease your reliance on them altogether. I mean, a lot of the searches are just because you're not sure of the TLD. So you could have a large collection of bookmarks and use autocomplete, would decrease your query output by a lot.

I think that's actually quite precious, and gives me a warm feeling, I would say this is retardedly autistic, but a part of me feels like, it's like watching an old 1950's car still working, it's got some charm.

QuarkXpress is still a serious publishing software, makes me think this guy knows what he's doing.

Everything is in proportions, with a Pentium 3, if you have an OS that doesn't takes mad resources, like NT4, Puppy or Win2K, it might run smoothly.

You're however doomed to use obsolete software, and have to know what you're doing, for the security.

But now I get the reasoning of this guy. afterall most laptops today have a 1366 x 768 screen, slightly larger than this..
I was about to mention how it would not play games or HD video but this isn't even a thing here.
one sure thing, I think he's untraceable.

post office is more pozzed than anything in tech. you can't even receive mail without government ID in most states, and when you try to anonymize yourself you get like 30 years in jail for being a terrorist. people are just used to being cucked so they never talk about it. the only reason any LARPer today even cares about privacy is because it's a hot topic ever since Snowden

it's unusable because it's hard or impossible (depending on their policy which changes based on IP / time of day) to sign up over tor/vpn, and I imagine once you get in their shitty JS crypto and app will bring your system to a halt
bing maps, map quest
how do you even use Google maps alone? each map service has a different coverage and different set of things that are censored
do whatever your ancestors back in the start of the 20th century did

:^)