All-pervading screen-tearing on linux

Why does linux always have screen-tearing? It's not just 4k, it's fucking everything. What the fuck is wrong with linux?

The other thing is, I have linux on many computers, but not a single one of them is free of audio problems.

I'm tired of this shit. I can only use linux for shitposting on imageboards and I want to use it for creative stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2144468
github.com/chjj/compton
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Compton
askubuntu.com/questions/246684/do-i-need-any-extra-drivers-for-the-realtek-waves-maxx-audio-on-my-dell-xps-17
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sage, hide and report.

Have you even tried compton?

Dude, I'm not asking for tech support, I'm talking about problems in linux to which there are no actual fixes.

I've got linux on like 5 different computers all with different hardware and certain things are broken across all of them... because nobody ever fixes the fucking issues.

Alsa sucks duck. Pulse sucks duck. Wayland sucks dick. xorg sucks dick.

everything sucks dick

/thread

True that. I'm just going to be a depressed sack of shit for the next 10 years and maybe FINALLY the issues will have been fixed. I've already waited around for over 10 years though for certain things to be fixed; and they still haven't been fixed. Even retarded shit like shift screencapping in mint, I keep sending them the code that fixes it, and they never fucking use my code. I hate technology, fuck.

ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2144468

Is this what you're talking about? If not give me a better link.

github.com/chjj/compton
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Compton
That's it. It should be in your distro's package manager.

I don't normally respond to shit threads, but I'm bored so here's your (((You))).

I'm not sure which distribution you've chosen or if you're using the free/proprietary driver, but typically you can look in the wiki for your distribution (or preferably, in the Gentoo, Void, or Arch wiki's) for tips on how to correct this.

I can pretty much repeat what I've already outlined for your GPU issue, the only difference being that you should start by clarifying what your audio issues are so people could actually provide suggestions. If you're a normie you should just use Kubuntu or whatever they call the Gnome variant of Ubuntu now, iirc they are switching from Unity back to Gnome but I'm not invested enough into Ubuntu to really comment or be bothered to look this up.

You know, for all the years that Linux was a bit of a clusterfuck (mainly pre-2005) there are still so many shit threads about people trying to state that Linux is still hard to use. I can install Fedora 25 on most computers and aside from GPU-related issues with Nvidia/AMD when using the latest iteration they have it just works. I find it unbelievable that people still can't install Linux and act like it's so difficult to read a manual page or look at the developer's own notes on how their software works. If you can't be bothered to learn even the surface-level concept of using a search engine to look for others that have similar issues then I think you should probably keep using Windows or OSX for now. If you are trying Linux for the first time you should, at least in my opinion, try a few distributions in a virtual machine and see if you even like it.

In the off chance that you are really having issues and are genuinely looking for help, I would suggest taking notes about what issues you are having and asking in the tech support sticky. Don't worry about if you understand everything, the key to learning anything is to figure out what you don't know and what you SHOULD learn. Also, try to make higher quality threads next time.

askubuntu.com/questions/246684/do-i-need-any-extra-drivers-for-the-realtek-waves-maxx-audio-on-my-dell-xps-17

What about this? How do I apply fixes to realtek?

I used Xubuntu, Gnome, Linux Mint KDE, Linux Mint Cinnamon, Ubuntu Studio, and a variety of other random distributions.

Your shitty jewish proprietary drivers default to taking shortcuts everywhere for the sake of winning moronix's synthetic timedemo benchmarks and you need to force it to composite properly in xorg.conf. If you'd bought a non-cucked video card you never would've had this problem, but you had to be a consumer gaymer faggot.

Fuck off and use the designated shitting thread next time.

I've been using Linux for many years, since before Windows 7 was even a thing, and I have casted many runes in the terminal, and searched up and asked questions on many forums, and usually the end result is my problems never get fixed and I waste a ton of time and sometimes bugger up things so bad that I just take all my files onto external drive and re-install the OS from scratch again.

To use linux you have to be an IT professional and spend hundreds of hours fucking around with stuff just to find out there's a chain of command and nobody is going to fix shit and each time you upgrade they still haven't fixed the same longstanding issues.

I did all the xorg.conf shit and it never worked.

Look fag, linux doesn't support most hardware out there, if you aren't on a chromebook then everything is going to be broken... and there's nothing I can do but be a depressed sack of shit and pray someone else will eventually get some decent hardware supported on linux. It's not just one computer btw, I have a fuckload of computers, old and new... and they all have problems of some sort. Most of my computers are all custom made Dell computers and some were business grade stuff retired from use at iAnywhere Solutions.

I will delete thread if you guys want but the thing is... linux is a broken piece of shit on most computers and always will be. So is Windows btw. All software fucking sucks.

That is a personal problem, not a Linux problem. You are the one that is breaking your installations, try fixing them rather than throwing your hands up in defeat. I think you may not understand how dumb you sound when you spout this sort of nonsense when you think you are making an point. The Dunning-Kruger effect must be in full swing for you to have this sort of idea as being your only method of correcting your mistakes.

I would appreciate if you would delete this thread. You have the right to your opinion, but I think that if you don't want to invest any time into learning even a little bit of how your chosen Linux distribution works then by all means, switch back to Windows or OSX. There's no need for you to stamp your feet with such pomposity, just throw your hands up and give up as that's the behavior that you are prone to.

I've sunk literally thousands of hours of my time into Linux and become supremely fucking frustrated to have fixes I had to create myself ignored and to get banned from the IRC channels n' shit.

I can't believe I missed this. I really do hope you were trolling, but if not, try running Linux in a VM until it does everything you want, then try setting up a dual-boot so that you can retreat to Windows for when you ruin another install.

Oh and what's worse is Linux Mint 15 had some things working that they broke in Linux Mint 16 and then they broke even more stuff with the other releases. We're on Linux Mint 18.2 and yeah they fixed a lot of things but they took many steps backwards. ffffdsxdgsgsg

I can't believe I missed this. I really do hope you were trolling, but if not, try running Linux in a VM until it does everything you want, then try setting up a dual-boot so that you can retreat to Windows for when you ruin another install.

I don't need a VM, I just use an extra hard-drive to run linux, and wipe it clean each time it becomes a big fucking mess. Then if I want Windows back, I put the hard-drive that Windows 10 on it back in.

Will you please just delete this thread?

Windows 10 btw for me is its own source of endless frustrations so don't tell me to go back to that piece of shit.

Will you just admit that linux is flawed and doesn't support a lot of hardware properly because of political bullshit and proprietary niggers and that also there'll never be a linux distro that just werks as you'll always have to spend entire days and nights researching all the fucking things that are broke and you have to fix? Hell, just to apply all the fixes I have already for some common problems that I have to fix no matter what the OS, takes me a whole day. I've been hopping distros all over the place and nobody seems to give a shit about a lot of the things obscure things I find absolutely necessary.

Use a search engine doesn't help, IRC doesn't help, and no matter where I go or what I'm trying to do linux fanbois always just insult the intelligence of anyone with a problem while not having actual solutions.

Alright I'll delete this thread in a moment but first I must make a more cancerous replacement thread.

I'm not even mad, I'm just disappointed. Why go through all that manual intervention when you can't even operate Linux without destroying your installation? Try Fedora, if you still don't like it then just use Windows and move on with your life.

You are the definition of a "nigger": too lazy to learn; too ignorant to comprehend. Yes, Linux will have issues with modern, bleeding-edge as well as obscure hardware, the difference between a white man and a nigger like yourself is that a white man plans ahead, researches what the best decisions to make would be, and when things don't go as expected a white man tries to learn from his mistakes. Your feeble negroid mind simply cannot comprehend utilizing Linux in a fashion that doesn't lead to it's collapse. If you need your Operating System to prevent you from making bad decisions, install 10's of gigabytes of drivers so that you don't have to plan ahead as to if your hardware is supported, and simply "just work" then Linux is not for you. It's a niche toy for people who enjoy using it, and many people have been using it as their only OS for quite some time.

Please delete this thread, I would appreciated it.

Is that you CodeMonkey?

/thread

just fucking shoot yourself
apt get install compton
command is probably incorrect since I haven't used Debian based distros in forever, but how about you just use your package manager you fucking cuckold

exactly the opposite, Linux supports every single bit of hardware that can fit on all standard motherboards if you can put the correct configs in place

my shit laptop with Nvidia Cucktimus (optimus) refused to use the Nvidia card until 2 years after purchase, I discovered the solution to my woes in a random post in a 30 something page long thread on the Cuckvidia forums. Then it worked absolutely perfectly, without that bumblebee garbage, it was the default card always, just like I wanted it to be, since I don't give a rat's ass about battery.

Shoot yourself.

How about you apply them locally and recompile? How about forking it you fucking cuckold?
Because you're a fucking retard, I'd ban you if I ran an IRC channel.

Just please delete yourself before you delete this thread

Fresh cancerous shitpost thread, fellow Holla Forums enthusiasts.

I already installed compton fam through le package manager well before you made your post. Post related:

There are several fixes to screen tearing in X:

I had another computer before that had it but I sold it when I realized I don't give a shit about gaymes.

kys, I forced myself to use the Windows Meme for like 3 months, and I hated it so fucking much and used only programs on it that I have on linux.

and fuck Fedora, I already used that a few years ago, it has some nice things going for it but I hate pac man.

There's nothing for me to learn. I have spent many hours on various forums and doing searches always to find shit just doesn't fucking work in the end after following all the instructions.

You know an OS that detects your hardware and installs the relevant drivers for you would be great. Ubuntu Gnome currently does that actually to a certain extent, was surprised when it added my printer even without me having to do shit, but after a few days of using Ubuntu Gnome and customizing it successfully I gave up on it to try Xfce.

Holla Forums software is a shit like linux

Just read what you posted right there and you should understand exactly how I feel. 2 fucking years before you could even use your card until you found some random buried fix.

No screen tearing here with mpv under GNOME 3 (Wayland session), with multiple monitors even, you're just retarded.

OP, are you going to delete this thread? I posted a book for you in your other thread, and I'm sorry that I called you a nigger.

A book? Link me to the post.

ctrl + f "pdf" isn't showing me anything other than 2 results that definitely aren't books

By book do you mean that one link the user posted to suicide methods? I can't find anything else.

pebkac

no u

I use linux mint on my main computer and a laptop. No tearing or sound problems on either of them. I didn't have to install any drivers (my pc doesn't have a dedicated gpu, it broke, running on the integrated one)

How did you get it that way?

I use Tails, and it is fucking unbelievable that Tor Browser plays every video smoothly, but the shitty Gnome video player screen-tears everything.

Man I feel you with the sound issues. If you don't have normies mcnormal onboard sound you are pretty screwed.

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-radeon.confSection "Device" Identifier "GPU" Option "DRI" "3" Option "TearFree" "on" Option "AccelMethod" "Glamor" Option "ColorTiling" "on"EndSection
That sure was hard.

Use compton and force v-sync, fucking fag

It worked out of the box

I've never had a problem with any Xonar cards on linux.

just use beats by dre tbh
-t audiophile

Everyone is avoiding the reality that X.org is shit. Not only it's bloated, unmaintainable and old, it also caused a lot of fucking problems over all the years of its existence. Just wait until wayland becomes the standard (Or use a distro right now that ships it) and your screen-tearing problems should be gone, it was created for that purpose.

I wonder if it has anything to do with muh freedumbs software being shit and written by hobbyists while "MUH PROPRIETARY" is written by paid professionals that actually makes things work with existent hardware.

WHERE'S MY LOONGSON GODSONS?!!

You're the only one still here sperging out. Everyone else just suggested the fix (compton) and moved on.