English dub changes & censorship confirm

Funimation Dragon ball super dub confirm Garbage

It was already confirmed shit. Because Super is shit, Toei is shit, and Funimation is shit.

Daaaammnn! That nigga ugly!

DBZ is the dub that you faggot all love despite it changing fucking everything.

Super is actually pretty good if you decide to take off your rose-tinted goggles. See a lot of dbz fans just gluing those goggles on.

sage for not being Holla Forums

That is also true. DBZ is shit

/a/ shit

The only change brought up is a change in the english dub cast, there's no censorship, He's still Mr. Satan like they've always used in the uncut versions, the music the same as the jap version, and the shit quality of the series is the same.

Okay look. Other than early animation of Super, that is shit, the arcs range from "okay" to "good" when comparing to Z.
Complaints of super range from
From which Z was guilty of as well; Pikkon, Elder/supreme Kai, Raditz, Nail, Android 16, 2nd form Cell for a few examples.
Dear lord this is a BS complaint since Vegito in Super. In Z potara fusion was explained by Kai's who had no idea how they truly worked, just that they did. "Forever" was retconned by Buus Magic. From which the previous magic candy attack apparently didn't count? Whatever, super candy vegito was funny thus we ignore the inconsistency.
I'm just saying Super is enjoyable and in no way terrible.

Animation quality's still shit don't can't if it was better or worse than previous DBs but it's crap on it's own for sure.

For sure. Animation is terrible, I would not defend that. To me that is the only thing that is worth criticizing. Any other complains I just see as nit-picking.

goes on /a/

Animation of Super is still shit. We can't give Super the Battle of Gods arc or the Resurrection F arc (even though the latter sucked) because they were following the films. However the universal tournament was shitty, and the Zamasu arc was also retarded and didn't have enough buildup, enough fleshing out or enough length. Granted it was still better than the Buu arc but we all know Buu sucked.

The difference is that those characters (for the most part) had lasting implications. Raditz got a fair chunk of screen-time and his battle actually mattered for the character development of Goku. Android 16 was the same, and "2nd form cell" is a real stretch lad.

Comparing Super to the worst Arc of DBZ isn't doing it favors. Candy Vegito was retarded and shouldn't have happened. We don't ignore the inconsistency, we constantly point out how shitty the Buu saga was. Vegito is different however because the Supreme Kais are supposed to know how Potara fusion works, and the explanation we got of how Vegito unfused is now contradicted by the retcon.

Super has plenty of issues. It's inconsistent, power level bullshit has become an all-new level of useless, rules are re-written every episode to make Goku and pals win, and characters like Beerus and Whis are completely mischaracterized in a worse way compared to their film counterparts. Super's story is just as retarded as people say it is, even if they have the wrong reasons. At the very least DBZ tried to be consistent prior to Buu.

Those can obviously be ignored and were not even fleshed out that well compared to the movie. The universal tournament was not perfect but was fun to watch. Annoying and pointless to not go full power cause everything else was weaker but manga Hit was worth the wait.
Yes, as jokes. You assume any of these characters are fondly remembered in a form outside being a plot device. As I said, those characters are far from being fleshed out. Yes, 2nd form Cell was stretching it a bit and shouldn't even be counted.
Nah, user. Let us just look at a favorite villain during Z's peak, Cell. A character full of inconsistencies by the end.
-Can Zenkai boost through near suicide.
-Could achieve a more perfect form after suicide w/o androids.
-Somehow a digested/Aborbed android could be undigested/Unabsorbed if Cell is weak enough? Is he magic too?
-Kamehameha strong enough to destroy solar system but hitting another beam of same strength cancels any possible blow back.
-Gohans Kamehameha that is stronger than Solar system destroyer does nothing to planet other than superficial scars.
Power levels have been bullshit since freiza/namek arc so do not bull shit me about super making it the norm.

Who complains about the new characters with no spotlight? No one cares. The real complaint is that they take existing characters and completely fucking obliterate their characters.
See: Gohan's powerup and subsequent fainting in the RoF saga.
See: Videl's shit personality.
See: Vegeta being turned into shipper bait and an OOC fuck just because people thought that one BINGO scene in BoG was funny.
See: The disaster that was the baseball episode where Yamcha just got his ass kicked over and over for teh memes

No it wasn't, you goddamn baboon. That's not what retconned means. FOREVER still means FOREVER, but magic can force them apart. It makes no sense to even say it only works for Kai– Elder Kai fused with a witch, not a kai. He's also the only know who knew shit about anything, which is why 'oh well they had no idea how it really worked' is fucking shit. He was the one that DID know.
You're also ignoring all the other retcons, or the mix-ups in power levels, or the fact they were too fucking stupid to correct F Trunks' hair color.

And let's not pretend like Super's animation was only shit in the beginning. It still looks like crap.

So not only do you not know what a retcon is, but you also don't know what an inconsistency is?
Not an inconsistency.
This was because of the zenkai boost. Not an inconsistency.
Not an inconsistency. Are you also going to complain about how a full airplane can fit inside a tiny capsule?
There was blow-back. Gohan was strong enough he could withstand it, but what do you think the dirt blowing around and the hair whipping was? The giant crater and loud 'CRACK' that the collision created? How everyone went flying? Maybe not 'realistic' but it's still easy enough to suspend your disbelief. And not an inconsistency– it's always been that way. Goku was still standing after King Piccolo created a mushroom cloud from a ki blast.
Ki can be manipulated, that's why. This has been established. Goku even mentions while egging Gohan on to go further that he's clearly trying to avoid blowing up the planet. Cell wanted to destroy everything. Gohan did not. Even if this does take slight thinking to argue for, it's ultimately not as bad as all the shit that happens in Super.

Fuck you OP and your clickbait thread.

It is, Vegeta said on Namek that damage can't be self-inflicted to receive a boost.

Perfect example of it being shit. Goku can somehow move in stopped time? Never explained, but he just can because that's the only way he can win.
SSGSS Kaioken x10? "It could destroy my body but it might not" but we know it won't destroy his body. And it makes him stronger than Whis and Beerus, which was stated to not be possible. Goku was always getting stronger, but this is the definition of what people used to complain about with arbitrary strength gain in the series. Goku becomes stronger for one episode and then stops being strong by using a technique that shouldn't work but does because the writers are stupid.

That's fair, but I'm saying they at least WERE plot devices. What was the point of Frost? Or Magetta? Or the little Saiyan lad? They had no purpose, advanced no character development and did nothing other than fill an episode. DBZ had this problem too but at least they weren't the focus of an entire arc.

Those aren't inconsistencies, just convenient powers. It's not a great way to handle things but it's fine.

Not really. They were always dumb, but they didn't have actual fucking Gods back then who were supposed to represent peaks.

That could at least be explained through Cell being a gene-splicer with the DNA of many different races. Vegeta could also have been wrong since we saw Goku get a zenkai by hitting himself with a kamehameha before Vegeta said that.

Oh, if you mean it THAT way, then sure. Except I think it's easy enough to argue that it's different. When Vegeta talked about it, he was talking about beating himself up. I think that it's pretty reasonable to say that being blown up is different. Or Vegeta was just talking out his ass, like said.

I have to assume this faggot is posting these himself, because I can't imagine anyone wanting to regularly watch his horrendous melting face on camera. Nigga has a face for radio.

Shiposter gonna shitpost, if the mods took time to clean some of these posts up then things would be a bit better.

This is the third damn time you've started a post with that today. Fucking. Stop. It.

What was changed? Can anyone tell me so I don't have to watch a video of that guy?

Hey its true.

He didn't. Goku was just reading the direction/muscle Hit would appear at and attack there. A cliché of battle maniacs in japanese culture.
faggots always misinterpreted this. The new gods have yet to go full strength and every faggot with an opinion thinks they know shit.
Hinted at potential visit to planet of saiyans. There ya go leading to something, potentially.
Jesus, that's like making excuses for sulver age superman made up at the moment powers.
Dear God user. What do you think Kami was? King Kai. Grand Kai. Supreme Kai. Eldar Kai. All these are considered themselves Gods at the peak. Shocked to find mortals that could fight high ranked demons boosted by dark magic.

Supreme Kai kicked off the entire plot of the Buu saga, and you're going to say that that twerp means more to the series than him?
None of those represented peaks, user. Kami and King Kai were just there to train Goku and the others to get stronger. Supreme Kai and Elder Kai were dwarfed by the Saiyans from the start. Beerus's whole thing is that that's as strong as you can get and that even when Goku got as strong as he could possibly achieve (with the help of others; not achievable by himself) it still wasn't enough to defeat him.

I'd say they are equal worth not better. They have yet to pass the plot device characters. Though will say Vegeta coaching the little beta to have a backbone was chatacter growth. Let me clarify something. I never said Super is better than Z. Just that Super gets too much flack for shit Z has done already. Than let that shit slide. My hope is that super can be as good as Z by the end.
So the names of God were just titles than? To be fair, they are worthless titles now. But during dragonball the name was meant as a peak. This peak was hinted at when supreme kai came down and first believed himself the superior to mortals. One thing that I did like about Super. A Kai who was infuriated that his title of Kai was becoming a joke.

Supreme Kai passed plot decide a long time ago, though, user. It's not like he only did one thing. He kickstarted the entire Buu saga and was basically as important to the story as Master Roshi. No one would call Master Roshi a plot device.
Yes. They were to show that the Saiyans had surpassed literal gods. Which was obvious at that point– they had trained with God himself and surpassed him. The peak was hinted at but then he basically had a heart attack when he realized he was dwarfed by the power of Saiyans. Do you not remember the Buu saga, user? It's basically pics related.

Anyway, you argued that Super is good and tried to bring Z down to its level with terrible arguments. That's where the problem lies. You don't seem to remember half of Z when you're trying to complain about it, and your complaints are petty whereas the complaints about Super are far more substantial. Some things might be fuzzy or 'meh' here and there with DBZ, but with Super, its writing is terrible, its characters are terrible (if not downright out of character), its plots are terrible, its villains are terrible, and it can't even keep up the basic, most obvious canon. For example, Pan being able to fly as a baby. Even Goten and Trunks needed to learn to fly. It was never once a thing that was just inherent with Saiyans. And it's not like the people at Toei have forgotten that– just like they knew that the Potara earrings are permanent, and just like they knew that Mai should not be Trunks' age in the F timeline. But they'll go through massive lengths just to attempt to argue that their blatant contradictions to canon are okay, which makes it far worse than Toriyama occasionally forgetting a minor detail between years and years of work.

Also, what faggot bumplocked this thread? Are we having another issue with some self-righteous janitor again? Everyone knows that Toonami is allowed.