Institutions forcing use of Windows or OSX

I'm taking some online courses and did the opening class today. 2 and half fucking hours of work. 100%s on everything. 100% on the fucking end test. Get an email... 0% for the day. what? Call into their help line.

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK. NO WHERE ON THE FUCKING SITE DOES IT SAY THIS. ALL IT SAYS IS

And I used firefox. Everything worked fine. But then i failed cause I have a linux computer. Now i've got to pirate a copy of windows and redo everything. And this ain't even a tech class, ITS FUCKING HISTORY. FUCK YOU IM NOT PAYING $400 FOR A SHITTY OPERATING SYSTEM.

This is where we are headed Holla Forums. Forced to use Microsoft and Mac OSX for all work and school programs. They've won.

Other urls found in this thread:

virtualhs.pwcs.edu
pwcs.ss9.sharpschool.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=340225&pageId=8649325
pwcs.ss9.sharpschool.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=340225&pageId=8736003
pwcs.ss9.sharpschool.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=340225&pageId=7749284
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unless there is a plugin that can only be installed on Windows/OSX you should be fine. Also I smell bait.

What..

So they let you do everything but fail you at the end for some obscure reason?

I call bullshit. You've been trying to hack your grade, haven't you?

Fuck. Yeah I probably should have changed that. That would be easier than setting up a new computer.

It's the first class. What grade is there to hack. And yeah they failed me. Because I didn't use the "Recommended" not "Required" software.

What if you used android?

They fail you if you use a mobile phone. At least it says that on the front page of it. Has to be Laptop/Desktop computer.

Can you post links to the site in question?

Not without revealing my location. Ehh why the fuck not. It's only my county.

virtualhs.pwcs.edu

This sounds fake, otherwise sue them.

Yep I'd sue them, you don't agree with the license agreement for the software they want you to use and they won't let you participate in your compulsory education otherwise.

From their website:
>Access: computer/Internet access is required for the duration of the course. Students are expected to login and participate daily. The course content is web-based and can be accessed from any location. Students need a desktop or laptop computer (PC, MAC, etc...) to view content. Students should not rely on a mobile device to view their VHS course. Students also need a headset (or mic/speakers) and browser-enabled webcam to complete video assignments. Mobile access is available for checking the calendar, email, etc... however, viewing the course content should be done on a desktop or laptop computer.

They even say etc..

I would issue a complaint, at the very least. This is plain bullshit.

Especially if they claim to be that.

So I actually have a case here? Cause i'm down to sue this fucking county. 5 years of hell for me.

Thanks guys. I'm not sure if im gonna take legal action, kinda want to. But i'm at least issuing a complaint.

You have a good reason to be mad op, you could sue them.

This is a miracle. I hate this county, and now i've got cause to sue. What started as me being pissed, is turning into me being pretty fucking happy.

First thing you should do is to nicely ask administrator, teacher or other person responsible for online tests to help you resolve this issue. Suing people is not fun or cheap. Also they can always say that on the day of the exam it was stated that:
and fuck you over that way which will result in you paying legal fees and wasting a lot of time.
For now if you can take the test again with spoofed user agent and see if it works (it should if there are no special plugins required). Also if there is some JS hackery going on window.navigator.platform will give you away, but I doubt that they check OS based on this, you can also change it before submit.

I did a virtual machine instead and got the course info done. Just did the assignments and end quiz. Cause I remembered what I already read.

They're call center closed at 2. So i'll be calling in tomorrow it seems.

Threaten to lawyer up and sue them for false advertising. You'll get the % or the $ back pretty quick.

Oh, and contact the EFF. They'll love shit like this

>pwcs.ss9.sharpschool.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=340225&pageId=8649325
>pwcs.ss9.sharpschool.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=340225&pageId=8736003
What the shit, I thought this was in the UK at first. t. frog.

Also, nice to have an outlaw school.
>pwcs.ss9.sharpschool.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=340225&pageId=7749284

Consider becoming a janitor

Get FSF on this shit. Eben Moglen should receive a letter from you, professionally drafted, asking for advice and then go and gut these fuckers from their cocks to their snouts. I'm serious, you could create a precedent that could have ramifications across the country. Do it faggot.
What you basically did was suck authoritarian cock, bro. you caved.
disgusting af

Normally I'd have no sympathy for your failure to following the requirements. In this case, those requirements were not sufficiently communicated by your school. I would seriously file a complaint because the requirements of doing your work were not sufficiently conveyed.

This

Your requirement for today is to get raped by my futa cock, if you don't you will recive a F for the assignment. The assignment is worth 50% of your grade. (this is not listed in the sylabus, only listed after the period to back out of the class is expired.)

The bad thing is that they're retarded and authoritarian about meaningless stuff (OS usage).

You'd probably throw a fit over an actual corporate job not letting you install gentoo and use that to interact with all their systems too.

kys, wincuck

g-great thread, a-user..
i-i-i-i'm sure it was a lot of work copying that /g/ t-thread

That's true. But if you can do your job on your own computer, and just copy give them the results to them, you should be good to go.

Of course then you can't blame the administrators if something goes wrong, and you may get fired from some places because you can't take sensitive data to outsider "untrusted" machines. (compliance is there for a reason)

OP IS A NIGGER FAGGOT