I2p

redpill me on i2p

is it really worth installing java for? what can it do that TOR can't?

Other urls found in this thread:

geti2p.net/en/comparison/tor
blog.torproject.org/blog/hidden-services-need-some-love
geti2p.net/en/docs/how/threat-model
i2host.i2p/cgi-bin/i2hostetag
i2host.i2p/cgi-bin/i2hostjump?
i2jump.i2p/
i2p-projekt.i2p/hosts.txt
i2pjump.i2p/hosts
inr.i2p/export/alive-hosts.txt
inr.i2p/jump/
no.i2p/export/alive-hosts.txt
no.i2p/jump/
stats.i2p/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?a=
stats.i2p/cgi-bin/newhosts.txt
tino.i2p/hosts.txt
github.com/monero-project/kovri
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just use I2PD, it doesn't need Java

how can I be sure that it's safe?

Same way as for other software. You audit it or you can't.

Has anyone built i2pd on openbsd?

You can never be sure. Just forget about ever being sure of safety. Even auditing won't guarantee anything, because it will usually only reveal the obvious and also depends heavily on the skill of the auditer.

its got torrenting.
so fetch

it's shit

you're shit
your post is shit
please don't come back unless you have something interesting to say

i2p is built for "hidden services". Hidden services on Tor were a tacked on after thought.

Until Tor revamps their onion servics, which is a work in progres, i2p will be better for hidden services/eepsites

Drive out of town and use it with TAILS, a throwaway USB wifi adapter, and a cantenna pointed at a Starbucks three blocks away.

i2p isn't in Tails anymore, maintainer disappeared.

I guess he didn't use a cantenna

same

not an argument

take your pills and shove them up your nigger

Your post was less of an argument than his, nigger.
But you could say it's shit because its slow as fuck. It is for me anyway.

Explain for a pleb?

blog.torproject.org/blog/hidden-services-need-some-love

In theory it's more secure than Tor, but in practice it's been examined by professionals less so we can't be sure.

don't they have a page on this?

geti2p.net/en/docs/how/threat-model

reminder that if you use i2p in a normal browser (like tor without torbrowser) every site you go to gets sent to google 'safe browsing'.

Only if you're using jewgle chrome.

Firefox does it as well.

It's trivial to disable

RIP everyone who didn't know this

That's why you use i2p in the torbrowser. Torbrowser does more things to prevent fingerprinting than just running tor.

You faggots browse with that shit enabled? First thing I did whenever I installed Firecocks was disable all security settings such as (((block reported attack sites))) and (((block reported web forgeries))). Anyone who argues these should be enabled should just become an hero and doesn't even deserve a response. Also nowadays you also need to disable (((telemetry))) in the (((data choices))) page.

I feel so safe now I can press the "turn off botnet" button and fix all of firefox's privacy problems. It's just like windows!

I'm just starting on i2p and it seems to be an even worse trainwreck than tor - at least in terms of usability and practical usage.
More than 90% of the .i2p links I click failed with the "website unreachable" error.
I already understood the concept of subscriptions (which I find pretty absurd and unsafe if the i2p network is reliant on them) and added some 15 subscriptions in my address book, but the rate of failed links just improved from about 97% to 90%.
Content wise hidden services (the very few I actually managed to see) are even more barren and amateurish than tor
For browsing surface web sites anonymously, it's much slower than tor.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, and if that's the case I'd ask for an i2p autist to enlighten me, but first impressions is that shit's useless.

First off, you need a lot of good subscription sites. I2P isn't like tor where you can boot up and start browsing, it takes a bit of time to integrate with some peers. At most, an hour. Very least is 5-15 minutes. Since its hard to get a fast connection in I2P, the second best thing is reliability. You will want to setup some backup tunnels, and maybe an extra normal tunnel. This will help a lot.
MAKE SURE TO ADJUST YOUR BANDWITH!
Often times you can leave it on the default and very slow settings that it starts with which isn't good at all.
I2P is more barren because Tor is easier to use, and there is far more interest in it. Its simple enough to just shove a USB drive into a computer and then start browsing whatever sites you want. Normal fags love tor because they can buy drugs from the market. Where the markets go, the people follow.
I2P is, in my opinion, one of the best darknet systems around. Unfortunately Tor is the more popular option, hopefully one day I2P will be just as buzzing with activity.

I followed most tips and advice, just didn't do the tunnel thing because never heard of it before, might configure it later.
This is my subscriptions.txt, is there any other subscription you'd recommend?

i2host.i2p/cgi-bin/i2hostetag
i2host.i2p/cgi-bin/i2hostjump?
i2jump.i2p/
i2p-projekt.i2p/hosts.txt
i2pjump.i2p/hosts
inr.i2p/export/alive-hosts.txt
inr.i2p/jump/
no.i2p/export/alive-hosts.txt
no.i2p/jump/
stats.i2p/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?a=
stats.i2p/cgi-bin/newhosts.txt
tino.i2p/hosts.txt

are you retarded?
Firefox is open source and you can verify that these switches actually do what's intended. unlike windows.

Have y'all seen Kovri? It is a reimplementation of the i2p router in C++. It is being coded up to integrate with Monero. Looks like it is almost ready for an alpha release. Should be good if it is the same quality as the Monero software.

github.com/monero-project/kovri

The russian government is well known for murdering dissidents and political activists and competitors both at home and abroad, and they've made an ecrypted network that you should install on your phone or personal computer everytime you do something dodgy you want to hide from them.

This came after the US navy, DARPA, and the CIA developed a similar tool to protect you from the US intelligence agencies called tor. Most of the hackers we know of like lulzsec that used tor were caught pretty quickly so we know that tor works so there's no reason that i2p would not work.

Because the Tails devs are flnigger sjwfaggots and are no fun to work with.

That is not true.

However,

Seems like a fork hell to me. We already have i2pd and Anoncoin that do the same thing.

the fuck makes me want to switch my sketchy Java shit for some sketchy C (i2pd) or now C++ shit? So I can get remote code execution instead of obscure crashes?

Is there any way to browse non-eepsites with I2P?

anoncoin is just a fork litecoin that they tunneled though i2p/tor. the blockchain is still transparent. monero actually obfuscates blockchain data.

yeah site actually recently got updated for normies

That is not what its made for. If you want to browse non-eepsites use Tor.