OS Wars

How do pics like these make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box
oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/file_store/432e901e45e0fb36496bd3a06573c23721e20cdc640926f0b5dee9a2973a053c.jpg
oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/file_store/78b92e9369841597f274595643b80e26af7b90808a4da5d3156892686cac2703.jpg
oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/file_store/312ca54b3afc2ec05281bb2189ddfe2329a6fe21b549391df4ce32f470f5cafa.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here, have some more.

cringe

They make me feel like op is a faggot. They also muh feels that most people are stupid. Anything new under the sun? also sage.

and Mt Sage

⑨/10

Automobile repair analogy corrected with GIMP.

GIMP to the rescue again.

turbo autism

Confused. How is windows like an old car? Old cars are more simple, easier to fix and less proprietary than modern cars. Windows is none of these. Also apple computer hardware tends to be of similar quality to standard "pc" hardware, the only difference usually being price for pre built, none of those images make any sense and I don't know why you thought making a thread for them here was a good idea. If I was a mod I'd delete this thread and probably ban you

Aren't those both the same thing?

Never go full retard

I glad that Tim Cook is helping us to kill apple from every corner, I think he's secretly /ourguy/, He even purposely suck cocks so he can raise his homophobia shield whenever someone tries to criticize him.

I knew it the second I hit post but it was too late tbh. I am truly ashamed

Fixed.

Here.

It's a stupid image that was created by a Mac fan to point out that Mac just werks, whereas Windows is a messy shit that constantly breaks.

Then a Windows fan made an edit (the second frame in the GIF) because PCs (the hardware) can be fixed easily when something breaks, but with a Mac trying to open it is near impossible for a layman.

Bike fag here just for back from a 50k Sunday ride for fun. The picture really bugs me as a bicycle is more customizable then a motorbike in some ways and vice versa. Also bikes are faster then motorbikes in city traffic.

Well apple is a dumpster fire for homos so it doesn't make me feel anything really. Apple and Windows are equal.

How retarded a person should be to consider those the same category?

normies dont understand how these things work, to them its just a black box; you type things and things appear on screen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box

In 99% of conversations, "Mac" refers to a computer running Mac OS. The operating system is typically (not always, but nearly always) seen as an integral part of the Apple Experience(tm).
In a lot of contexts, especially the one of the original ad, "PC" refers to "a computer running Microsoft Windows". It also works as a broader term for all personal computers, or as a term for IBM PC clones, or as a term for their descendants, or as any of a bunch of other meanings. Too bad - turns out words can have multiple meanings. Who knew? In this context, it clearly refers to "a computer running Microsoft Windows", and anyone who knows at least a little about computers and isn't autistic as hell is going to understand that.
Since this is an advertisement, you want to convince people to buy Macs, even if your argumentation is technically about software and not about hardware. Pitting "Mac" versus "PC" is therefore the sensible choice. "Mac OS" versus "Windows" wouldn't be as effective.
Now, technically, "Mac" refers to "Computer running Mac OS", and "PC" refers to "Computer running Microsoft Windows", so instead of "Linux" it should say "Computer running Linux" in order to be consistent. But that kills the presentation, and since anyone who isn't autistic as hell will get what it means anyway, it says "Linux" instead.
Sometimes terms have multiple acceptable meanings. Sometimes meanings get stretched a bit for the sake of presentation, especially in areas like advertising where presentation is extremely important. That doesn't mean that the people choosing those terms are retarded - it just means they know how to organize their priorities.

This. The original image (which is very inaccurate btw) was made for plebs assuming that people do not know anything under the hood. Hence the mac has one on-off switch and pc cannot conceal their junk. It has nothing to do with repair-ability, showing not having to repair (thus not knowing anything under the hood) is a good thing. In that sense the pic related is the better version.

Now if you talk about freedom in those pictures. That's another thing. BTW, those pictures are about hardware not software. So the background logo is wrong (but not too wrong since majority PC uses windows).

The differences between Apple-branded PCs and Microsoft-branded PCs was rather rather insubstantial. The biggest difference was the software. One was total shit, and the other was a BSD distro. But both restricted users in the same way.

GNU/Linux runs well on practically all PCs with the Microsoft logos on them, as well as PCs with the Apple logos on them. But, most importantly, GNU/Linux doesn't treat users as hostile. Most BSD distros respect users too. Systems like MacOS X and JunOS are exceptions.

There was as much difference in hardware as there was in software historically. The major difference now is you cannot replace CPU and RAM (until recently) in macs. Only HDD. In PCs you can replace graphics card, SMPS, drives, fans etc. almost anything you can imagine.

Both are retarded. Use GNU+Linux for maximum Freedomâ„¢

I don't think about you at all.

Why is Holla Forums full of underage faggots?

Makes sense

Not even OSX, but iOS. Niggers aren't smart enough to deal with actual computers, but they can use the iPhone they stole to post pictures of themselves to facebook.

user, that's racist.
Obama gave them that iPhone fair and square.

fuckin Holla Forums where did you go??????

good bait

I like how macfags are such submissive sluts that they accept their computer isn't a personal computer

I FEEL LIKE I'M IN MEME HEAVEN OH GOD GIVE ME MORE MEMES TO MEME

Learn to use GIMP, faggots.

who's this qt

are you sure that apple forbids you to study or modify code of, for instance, gnu bash?

Kate Beckinsale's daughter. The daughter is not as hot as her mother unfortunately.

lily's a cute, a cute!

Post pictures of her mother and then tell me the daughter is more attractive. I will call you a sodomite if you do.

Yep, anyone who likes young vs old roastie is gay. Praise Jesus. Better a millstone don't cha know. Jesus got rid of Old Testament God don't cha know. Old Testament God is like a demon vs good Christ Jesus don't cha know.

The mother is still hotter.

oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/file_store/432e901e45e0fb36496bd3a06573c23721e20cdc640926f0b5dee9a2973a053c.jpg

That one looks good (might be mother, I don't know)

oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/file_store/78b92e9369841597f274595643b80e26af7b90808a4da5d3156892686cac2703.jpg

This one is old, first one better.

Anzu tops them both.

Squid girl, Watamote, and Yotsuba top them all

oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/file_store/312ca54b3afc2ec05281bb2189ddfe2329a6fe21b549391df4ce32f470f5cafa.jpg

Don't like this pig like,upturned nose. Does she eat shit like a pig does?

uh, yea. whatever...

still pisses me off that Bob is not on the Slackware/Gentoo side.

GNU Bash is not Apple's. Apple keeps proprietary the modifications it has made to BSD. This behavior is like a child (BSD developers) bringing a box of toys (BSD) to class and then giving the whole box to a classmate (Apple) with faith that the classmate (Apple) will pass the toys out to all the other kids, but the classmate (Apple) hoards the whole box and refuses to share.

I think maybe the latest MacOS might be better than windows 10 because at least Apple is covering up the fact they they are sending all of your information to governments and advertisers, but I don't know. I never used apple shit.

I skipped from arch straight to slackware. What am I?

Slackware. You answered your own question.

bravo, saved

this is your Holla Forums now, embrace it

perfect

pretty accurate, ubuntu users are subhuman

wheres void go?

hello this is not bait

lain only uses lisp and is a canon appledrone

I wonder to what extent Haiku would benefit from running on AMD tier MOAR CORES/THREADS hardware

Where Arch or debian is, not sure.
sage, this thread is shit bought back from the dead.

Bob 'the debb' dobbs.

Nice.

That reminds me I need to watch Lain some day.