So what's the best search engine

I am looking for a private search engine that doesn't cache my searches or log my ip. I have eliminated google, bing, yahoo, and yandex as choices. I do not need it for activities that are illegal just for daily searches like on how to bake a cake or crap like that.

I am not sure about duckduckgo because I get two different encryption keys for it from the same authority so -_- tell me Holla Forums. Can duckduckgo be trusted? And if so which certificate?

FYI I know what I am doing. Doesen't this pic mean that one of these are a mitm over ssl? I think it does. Which one is real?

Other urls found in this thread:

nxhhwbbxc4khvvlw.onion/
o2jdk5mdsijm2b7l.onion/
eljwdzi4pgrrlwwq.onion/
searx7hcqiogbrhk.onion/
searchb5a7tmimez.onion/
eb6w5ctgodhchf3p.onion/
github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigform
startpage.com/
archive.fo/bxSCA
archive.fo/tYLZK
archive.fo/aBpEy
archive.fo/4tVn1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump for dire importance of web trustworthyness.

duckduckgo is shit, use startpage or searx.

Any one that is open source.

I refuse to use a search engine or any website that isn't open source. I trust everyone here does the same.

Sauce annon. Verify it somehow has not been backdoored yet. I sent you proof duckduckgo is mitm'd. I just checked out startpage and apparently back in 2009 they recorded users ip adresses and they are endorsed by (((eu))) globalists so fuck that shit. Searx is using (((Let's encrap))) for ssl certificate and that is backdoored because wikileaks.
Any sane suggestions now?

Also appearently the global mods added a tag for calling out fake jews using ((())) interesting.

nxhhwbbxc4khvvlw.onion/
o2jdk5mdsijm2b7l.onion/
eljwdzi4pgrrlwwq.onion/
searx7hcqiogbrhk.onion/
searchb5a7tmimez.onion/
eb6w5ctgodhchf3p.onion/

Any searx instance that is running Tor. Try to swap them out when you remember in case one is doing something malicious, minimize the potential damage.

I'm going to get around to making a firecocks addon to round robin live instances constantly. If the thread is live when I'm done I'll post it.

That's great and all if I was using someone elses wifi and 7 proxies. But I am using my isp proxies. Not using it for anything questionable or illegal just stupid random searches like cooking and local stuff. Fuck why do ((they)) make not being fucked in the ass as a culled animal and stolen from so hard.

If you want to use tor sites with no shit in your standard browser, make sure you have most all shit disabled for these sites i.e javascript and just use foxyproxy with a a rule to load all .onion domains via it. ezpz

I don't recall the names, but there should quite a few decentralized search engines out there...

My browser is already more hardened than any other on earth for consumers. I am worried about being data mined and advertised to from my search queries noob. Quit trying to derail if you don't know what your talking about and is not relavent.

FYI get better for your browser config btw.
I don't want tor on my home internet's proxies because stupid is as stupid does. I just want to know a non logging, non search result monitizing, non fuck you in the ass search engine. Don't say google, bing, yahoo, yandex, and possibly but not confirmed startpage. You already confirmed searx works well with tor thanks for that.

Any good advice would be wasted on you. You've already ignored or disparaged the best ideas you're going to get because of your paranoia and ocd.

>Searx is using (((Let's encrap))) for ssl certificate and that is backdoored because wikileaks.
>Searx is using (((Let's encrap)))
Because there's only one searx instance.
Use a Searx hidden instances

Note:
Certificates authorities were a mistake.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigform

Seems pretty neet.
Please share when possible m8.

Not using a TPE-R1100 which redirect your whole network traffic per default.

The only thing your ISP will get is the IP adress from server that host searx.
They won't know what you are searxching.

If you want tor limit that then use any searx instances or make your own.
Install umatrix and block everything.
Use a Tor hidden searx instance.

Not the user you responded.
Calm down please.

Then stay stupid like 99% of the human population that doesn't use Tor.

Yacy

Probably this.
These kind of people are irritating.

Those are all me, the faggot (supposedly paranoid) OP.

This is coming from a presumed tor user supporter. Tor does have it's uses but it makes you light up like a candle.

Not everyone can use the same wifi and/or has control over their router. Other wise yes I am and or would be doing something similar.
That's a crap arguement. Tor is best used when everybody else uses it because of the protocol tor encapsulates traffic in lights up like a candle to isp's in a similar fashion that torrent traffic does. I do not have the luxury of such a enviroment otherwise I would use tor. Hence my original question. Also thank's for the Yacy suggestion I will look into that.

That guy wasnt me don't know if he uses it. And even if tor does "light you up like a candle" it doesn't matter because they can't do anything about it, unless they specifically target you. Which is unlikely if you don't give them a reason to given the time and money it takes.

>(((Let's encrap))) for ssl certificate and that is backdoored because wikileaks.
Wut?

I checked yacy out and it is crap for my purposes. It is not encrypted/made private for data in transit. Sounds like something very useful over a tor node however where a yacy node could be delivered unencrypted to one point and sent everywhere else encrypted from there. Noteworthy is that the ssl certificate is fake and only valid for github on their website.

Also does anyone else have thoughts on startpage? It seems (((fucked by them))) because of it's history but technology wise it is alright(so far). Also I don't like jewgle zogin up my results :

shit thread

It's like none of you fucks read the picture in the OP. That picture shows two different ssl certificates from the same provider for duckduckgo. It also shows the search results differeing slightly for each certificate. That means that either it is being MITM'd by the provider because they provide both certificates OR the whole website is a honeypot. Either one reeks of shit and needs fixing. Either definitvely prove which certificate is correct(and which I would use) for a fix. Or give me a alternative that doesn't use tor for its security. FFS this is such a simple thing. It would be nice if their (((shills))) confirmed one or the other. Or their creator called out the jew and confirmed one.

That text in OP's image is for ants. Nobody's gonna read that.

Not OP, but I was wondering, I'm an average Joe using DuckDuckGo because Google tracks a shitton of stuff (including transactions, altcoin searches, etc.)

Am I slightly better than with Google at least? Or should I move forever and ever to searx.me?

Or *ugh*, Qwant? ( I have huge concerns with regards to Qwant and it keeping anonimity)

This is op again.
It depends. If it is a mitm then you are better with duckduckgo. If it is a (((honeypot))) then much much fucking better with jewgle which is to say searx time. With a (((honeypot))) we all get special attention for using it. With a mitm we can get away from that attention by fixing it for a time. Also means Digicert is not to be trusted for any ssl browsing in the mean time and at a minimum for duckduckgo. Also I will look into qwant too now.

Literally startpage, it is exactly what you want.

startpage.com/

Speaking of search engines, how do I change Iridium to default to startpage instead of Qwant? I've added it under "manage search engines" but it doesn't appear in the dropdown to set as default.

Another thing I want to know: is it perhaps better to use Google and block its bullshit, or is it unblockable?

google gets:
-TPC/IP fingerprint of your computer
-Browser fingerprint
yes it is.

searx server makes some demands on multiple search engine:
google, yahoo and other gets:
-TPC/IP fingerprint of server
Yes, but it can be mitigated/proxied.

And I suppose DuckDuckGo gets the same things Google gets, right?

All I know is that duckduckgo is MITM'd. Which is to say it may or may not do so for it's main server. But the fake one is doing a google.

Unless you talk of search results. In which case no I get a whole let better, and unpozzed even, search results with duckduckgo.

Bump
Seems qwant's creators are following the NWO agenda. The results themselves on the engine seem to be unkiked however. Even to the point of crawling 8ch. They have a agreement with mircoscam to use their service if their own crawlers fail. And they are in the EU so any information they may save is easily available to (((them))). They have a forum system that collects everything but they promise not to collect anything on searches. They get the funding from advertisements in search results.

Also their jobs available archive.fo/bxSCA are a bit telling with what they want to do. They want to do it all and pander to idiots in internet of things.

so, only searx is sort of "private".

Probably, just in case use duckduckgo via searx.

which more than enough to say "fuck no".

The privacy depends on who hosts the instances.
It's a meta engine, if compagnie like duckduckgo or qwant are sincere about the "privacy" then they won't mind that people use a meta search engine to have results.

It is best to use a meta-search engine like searx in any case.
Even better when you searx that's on a hidden tor server.

>I just checked out startpage and apparently back in 2009 they recorded users ip adresses and they are endorsed by (((eu))) globalists so fuck that shit
Sauce

you can use tor bridges to obfuscate tor traffic. It's allegededly used in china.

wibr.me and fallback to Searx
Can't answer that question because it's too irrelevant for me to remember which list of bullshit each site claims to do or not do.
the fuck is the problem? Since for some reason you can't run tor, you can use a clearnet one here: searx.ax
As usual thread is filled with faggots making inane arguments about which site uses what CA. Who the fuck cares? If your CA is compromised it's not much different than if any other globally trusted CA is compromised. The fuck are you trusting CAs for in the first place?

From the horses mouth
archive.fo/tYLZK
For history
For globalists/fake jews
archive.fo/aBpEy
See archive.fo/4tVn1 for hustinx support of anti privacy measures and globalists.

Does China have a unpozzed search engine? Seriously this is getting ridiculous. ffs Shills here imply searx is fucked too with how obviously they are pushing it without backing up their claims technically. Then theres that using tor factor that comes with it.

Also anyone know how to delete a certificate from a internet explorer based browser? Or hell a guide for all browsers? Digicert needs to be deleted/untrusted they supply certs for qwant and duckduckgo.

>archive.fo/tYLZK
>archive.fo/aBpEy
>archive.fo/4tVn1

You spout bullshit about globalism (which you probably have no clue about) and yet you use a site that effectively requires government ID (a direct connection from a personal IP address) to access

I'm going to guess that's the default Apache configuration or something similar which stores date, IP, URL, user agent, and some other shit in the logs, and that Startpage previously put search terms in the query parameters (faggot.com?param1=lol¶m2=wut) instead of POST data. As you'd expect, the fact that they were blown away by this means that means they're incompetent and you shouldn't have trusted them in the first place. Who the fuck trusts a webdev anyway?

Why not just delete all the CAs? These are little companies which business faggots set up as a side investment. They have no clue how security or computers work.

searx.me master race reporting in

Why do people who know fuck all about technology pretend to expose botnets and dataminers?

All me

Eurojews trying to D&C and sage begone. I want an answer to this. Do I really need to go make my own search engine?

(OP) (You)

(You)

(You)

(You)
(You)

(You)

(You)

All me

Yes please. And make an actual search engine instead of a proxy to Google/Bing.

Well atleast Holla Forums has not been taken over yet. Or you would get all those correct.
Is there a single trustworthy search engine that does not require tor? Seems user has shown proof for startpage being controlled by (((them))).

They are not search engines. they are just proxies to the real search engines. It is a huge difference.

At that time ixquick was more like searx now. It combined multiple results from Bing, Yahoo, Google, Ask and a 5th one I don't remember. It was still just a proxy though, not a search engine.

If YaCy had any security, I would really start recommending it, but you can't even use https to download their unsigne Java software.