Sup/b/, out of all cyberpunk depictions, which one (s) do you think got it right as far as what we'll see in real life...

Sup/b/, out of all cyberpunk depictions, which one (s) do you think got it right as far as what we'll see in real life? A lot of these cyberpunk universes are really neat and although most are exaggerations that doesn't take away from the beauty you see in these depictions.

I really enjoy Ghost In The Shell, Deus Ex, Bladerunner, the typical stuff but it's great. Or even just pictures like the one above, just gives me feels looking at it.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/ebooks/download/17863.Accelerando
youtu.be/NzalmwpgG0w
youtu.be/b9RUWxsVmws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nueromancer is best
We’re all just cowboys jacked into the cyberspace matrix.

Deus Ex is really fun because of the conspiracy lore. They combined cyberpunk visuals with literally every crazy tinfoil hat theory in existence.

Also what are some cool cyberpunk type stuff that takes place on other planets? I made a thread asking this but got busy and lost it.

I was never into the space stuff until I saw the Valerian and The City Of A Thousand Planets recently, SHIT movies but pretty cool visuals

the Deus Ex experience for me was a bit backwards since I started with Human Revolution lol. At that time I was really new with DX or anything Cyberpunk so when an user recommended I play DXHR I did and i ended up LOVING IT. The story itself was meh but HOLY fuck do I love just walking around Detroit, Lower and Upper Hengsha. Missions aside, they got the atmosphere so right with that game.

Now when I played the first DX i was blown the fuck away at how good the story was, I wasn't expecting insane visuals since it's an older game but damn did I love the story. All the mini irl facts they'd sprinkle in was so cool.

We're not going to see the end of Adam's saga or a nice dutiful remake of the original because the series has been put on hold unfortunately.

Stop.

Chummdime, When I'b hanged out ribnuff wid my fambly, I be HAB it, m'

MORRESTAITITICITION MOLESTATION COCK COCK MOLESTATION

Oh shit I wasn't aware of that, well that fucking sucks. I mean I still have played DXMD so I guess I still have something to look forward too, but man that's really shitty.

Even gifs/images of cyberpunk cityscapes like this just make me feel good.

Why do normies always try to destroy the cyberpunk dream? They only like tech when it comes with social networking apps.

In other words, "Which fiction do you think is non-fiction?"

You are completely retarded, OP.

I wan to fuck an AI

Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes
Not really steampunk, but he nailed it.

Neuromancer's cynical vision got it most accurate, without going overboard and going into tinfoil hat territory. No biotech but there's anarchists co-ordinating over the internet, corporate conglomerates buying and selling countries, hackers autists behind computer screens playing God with the lives of innocents, and death penalties for being caught with the wrong string of 1s and 0s at the wrong time.

Like it or not, cyberpunk is the future boys

Return From The Stars (Powrót z Gwiazd) by Lem

Deus Ex is probably one of the best in terms of cyberpunk
pic not related

Read *The Wiindup Girl*

goodreads.com/ebooks/download/17863.Accelerando

You literally avoided the last part of the question. Imagine being this much of a try hard? Filename related

Not necessarily, some cyberpunk tech might be possible but that doesn't mean it will be able to get pass the regulation, bureaucracy, and red tape or get out of the lab into the public enough to change daily life.

A lot of people are committed to fighting the emergence of a cyberpunk world any way they can. You can find a lot of these people on Holla Forums surprisingly; in their eyes cyberpunk themes are too global to be taken seriously, and technology is opposed when it goes beyond just a good rifle to defend the farm and your pregnant housewife from niggers.

she only wants it in the ass

Alex Jones is definitely against it, he says it's the elites plan to use technology to control us lol. He mentions "coffin apartments" on this video and it immediately reminded me of the Alice Garden Pods in DXHR

youtu.be/NzalmwpgG0w

The one that's happening right now. If you can't see it you aren't paying attention.

I've never once met someone who owned an Occulus or anything similar. Also remember that Google Glass was aggressively killed off.

Good news if you want cyberpunk i guess. it's just not as romantic as it was sold

Pic wasn't actually entirely related, some picked something random from my /cyber/ folder. It truly is all around us though, it's just much more mundane than sci-fi depicted it.

Basically this, I know anecdotal evidence doesn't matter much but I don't know anyone who has an Oculus or Vive

I think the question should have been when will cities irrl resemble the Cyberpunk cities we see in movies, now we know those are exaggerations, but parts of Tokyo are pretty fucking close imo

A few are starting to sprout up here and there, so I would say soon, by the look of it.

just wait for a major city to get foggy or rainy

Yeah it'll get there slowly but surely, parts of Seoul look pretty cool. The manage at my job is from there and he showed me some cool pictures, not these ofc.

Don't ask what the future /cyber/ world can do for you, ask what you can do to create the future /cyber/ world.

I'm pretty sure most of you already know about the game but I just recently found out about Star Citizen and HOLY FUCK does it look epic. I haven't played it yet but based off what I saw in the demo it looks amazing, it's an free roam type game where you can travel from space city to space city (shit way of describing it) anyway it seriously has me considering upgrading my pc so I can play this when it's out, I've never seen anything like this. Here's the demo video below. youtu.be/b9RUWxsVmws

I have no mouth and must scream or boy and his dog

bump

no

yes

Deus Ex tbh famalam

4\@&*9yhjgm./2G^*&TYHVJW

Is it just me or is It like we're in the middle right now as far as technological advancements go, i feel like we're at a point in time where technology isn't too advanced yet it's not too primitive either. I immerse myself in these cyberpunk worlds so maybe I'm expecting too much lol. Any new things popping up on the tech scene? What do you guys think is going to change everything?

AGI, and genetic engineering humans