W10 source code leaked

Source: The Register

ReactOS getting a bump in 3...2...1...

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2017/06/23/windows_10_leak/
archive.fo/l63JF
web.archive.org/web/20170623210006/https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/23/windows_10_leak/
betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37283
gnu.org/philosophy/sco/sco-gnu-linux.html
events.ccc.de/congress/2015/Fahrplan/events/7174.html
web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/7/8568473/windows-10-last-version-of-windows
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

where is the proof?

theregister.co.uk/2017/06/23/windows_10_leak/
archive.fo/l63JF

Depending on the jurisdiction, there may be legal problems with contributing to ReactOS after even looking at Windows source code. Don't count on a lot of improvement that way.

Amazing image choice

If anything this only makes development harder. The devs have to be sure the person contributing didn't look at windows 10 source code or they could get sued for copyright infringement

I would be more worried about hackers getting their hands on it

more like

ReactOS' development got delayed for almost 10 years thanks to the NT source code leak. If anything, this will either stop or slow down its development.

>theregister.co.uk/2017/06/23/windows_10_leak/
no
>archive.fo/l63JF
no
end of web when
Let's try that again.
web.archive.org/web/20170623210006/https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/23/windows_10_leak/

This, whenever a leak comes out the ReactOS team has to spend years just trying to decyper their shit code.

What they want you to believe:
What actually occurred:

What they want you to believe:
How it actually is:

Think it's going to be possible to remove the botnet?

>Many thanks respected programmer colleague, my school failed to teach me do the needful about the wonderful HTML5 standard. Many many thanks my good good friend, vishnu be with you.

Can someone explain how the fuck ReactOS is affected by this at all?

They'll need to waste time setting up protective measures against fucktards trying to get them v& by sending them this code disguised as patches, like they did for the win2k leak.

What the fuck? I always open The Register with JavaScript disabled and never once have I seen that message.

Jewflare blocks Tor, and the block page needs js.

It's an insurmountable task in itself to decipher 32 terabytes of source code.

By the time someone has done that, microshit has already added 7 different botnet vectors and probably hidden or changed the ones in the released source code.

I don't understand why people obsess over the source code of this botnet piece of shit operating system. If people spend the amount of effort on improving Linux as they spend caring about "unlocking" Windows, we would reach year of the linux desktop in a month.

HELL YEAH
WINE DEVELOPMENT SPED UP BY YEARS

Actually, the ReactOS team did a code audit because a 4chan shitposter accused them of infringing on Microsoft copyrights to their face. The NT source code leak wasn't the cause of the audit. This was back in the day when 4chan had textboards.

There you go, Tor is confirmed for causing DDoS.

The same thread is on Holla Forums and they've already found there's some bullshit to the story.

betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37283

What's going on here?

Is there even anything good about Windows 10 that I'd want in a Windows clone?

Anyone have that guide for windows 7 and which updates to remove and how to block and remove all the telemetry?

not quite, their ATTENTION REQUIRED page blocks tor. it can work without JS.
the page that asks you to enable JS is when the site is in "attack mode" or whatever you call it. Tor users get the ATTENTION REQUIRED page unconditionally, and the "enable JS" "attack mode" page only once in a while.

And Reptar bars turn your tongue green.

I think that's from Invader Zim

Probably, he just reminds me of that dinosour from Rugrats.

It was estimated to be only 10% of the code you twat.

This

Yes it can work without JS but only on the insecure/clear web.
Otherwise when you use Tor you have to enable JS and cookies.

Anyone downloaded it yet?

So this is probably a stupid thought/question but here it goes:

Do you think it is possible that some group who doesn't give a shit about laws (or at least American laws) will use this to heavily update their own OSes so they can function much closer to windows?

China already has their own backdoored version of windows for the plebs. America has microsoft doing that job for america, europe, and australia. And africa is a clusterfuck that uses windows xp and linux.

What organization needs a version of windows custom that already doesn't have the source, uses .exe's to addon, and or uses *nix?

React OS would be sued into oblivion since most of them give a fuck. Same for wine and crossover. Is there any place left that would need it and not have it already? Also until I see a link to the file's this is all made up bullshit or on some chinks flash drive that is being hunted by all nations but african ones on earth.

And which OS would that be?

Wow I just realised Africa would be safer for this guy then any where else on earth. ROFL he is so fucked. Godspeed user.

If someone finds just a few lines of code that can be PROVEN to have been from an open source project.
Doesn't that mean that Windows would HAVE to be opened up if it was a GPL?

No. They can just remove it. Also MSFT has lawyers up the ass. "Open source" not so much.

It depends on if it was gpl2 or gpl3. On gpl2 it would be restricted to that one section of code and code used by it(could be alot could be a calculator idk). If gpl3 then game over for microsoft. The gnu foundation could sue microsoft into oblivion. I would love to live to see the day that happened. Yes microsoft has access to the ((money printing)) machine and has more than one product for their name. But GNU is too big to overcome with money alone similar to Holla Forums. It would take killing all GNU'ers and the users of said projects or game over for microscam. Also microsofts other products are shit or shit services except for some of their verification tools.

It was mostly a hypothetical, but let's say the Norks.
EAR and other regulations forbids Microsoft from dealing with North Korea.
Now that this stuff is released, can't they cobble it together with whatever shit they use now?

Retardo

Didin't think of that and excellent point. Your under two assumptions. That North Korea isin't (controlled opposition) which it may not be. And secondly that they are smart enough to realise that using windows is why the missiles keep crashing which is dependent on one being untrue.

My thoughts on this
They are controlled op OR lied to by fake kikes coming in as nuclear physicists because nukes are not possible without a neutron moderator. Nuclear reactors only work because the neutron moderator redirects the atoms of the reaction back into the space where they fire the energy needed for the reaction. Bombs cannot work like that since the reaction needs to be instantanous and not controlled in that sense. The math doesen't work out either.
But if they are controlled op then why do their missiles keep crashing? Because bread and circuses. My guess is that one of the fake jews options in destruction of goys is a fake nuclear strike on japan or fake strike of the korean peninsula. It would explain all the drones and troops already on the ground. Starting ww3 or atleast mass confusion to go and take out whites.

Let's say(not encrypt hehe) that North korea is not controlled op and they were tricked by kikes into thinking nukes exist(lots of assumption). Then why have they not figured out windows is their problem in launching bombs? This also would be good for them if that is the case.

So, now they gonna say that it's fake news and the src it's not secret src and was available before, etc,etc. And you will buy it their narrative.

We got plenty yah know.

This only applies to ReactOS developers who actually look at the Windows 10 source code. You might be thinking of this:
>To copy Unix source code would not be ethically wrong, but it is illegal; our work would fail to give users lawful freedom to cooperate if it were not done lawfully. To make sure we would not copy Unix source code or write anything similar, we told GNU contributors not even to look at Unix source code while developing code for GNU. We also suggested design approaches that differ from typical Unix design approaches, to ensure our code would not resemble Unix code. We did our best to avoid ever copying Unix code, despite our basic premise that to prohibit copying of software is morally wrong[1].
So rms carefully adviced the GNU developers on how to develop the GNU operating system to make sure there would be NO case for the holders of the Unix copyright to sue the GNU project. The Unix source code was available for anyone to look at, also the GNU developers, but rms was smart enough to stay clear of any legal trouble similar source-code style might have made. The similarity to this case would be that contributors to ReactOS source code should not read Windows 10 source code as it might jepordize them in a civil court. The Windows 10 leak (where can I download the source code?) is not a problem for ReactOS.

[1]: gnu.org/philosophy/sco/sco-gnu-linux.html

events.ccc.de/congress/2015/Fahrplan/events/7174.html

So what could we do with these botnet code?

not an argument

Should have used TempleOS, CIAniggers

Looking forward to greps of bad words.

I need to see the code.

upvote

You need to go back to jeddit.

>>>/bog/

I'm happy about this. Microsoft Employees working on the OS never got to see the entire source code. Hope this destroys microsoft for all the telemetry stunts they have done.

I hope microsoft's spy tasks and other stuff get exposed here, it will be really interesting to see them pull another "the goverment made us, we had no choice" then sueing the gov like with the snowden nsa leaks

People really do that? Just fuck with these people trying to do everyone a favor?

wait, isnt Java a island?

It is, but Holla Forums is incapable of appreciating knowledge outside its field of expertise.

Wake me when the codes get properly audited.

i don't get it, can we actually get access to the code right now or is it just some news website telling people that win10 source code got leaked and it is out there somewhere?

API interfaces.
DX interfaces.
Reverse engineered hardware and internal calls.

Why is linus so smug?

That's how Finns do.

The links were originally on beta archive, but the site admins have deleted most of the interesting portions.

Because the man is a fucking genius and geniuses are one of the few people who have the right of being smug.

there are NO good programs NO NOT ONE on windows.

Umm, sweetie...

ABSOLUTE STREETSHITTER

hang yourself pajeet

that's rather delusional, look up the vmware rulings(tldr: vmware uses a proprietary modified linux kernel in their proprietary products, court ruled in favor of vmware)

That's overkill when Notepad comes preinstalled. I use Vim as my editor for anything beyond temporary notes. I can't see the purpose of N++ at all.

"They" (and by that I mean the very few government officials that are allowed to use a computer) use GNU with a modified KDE 3/4 to look like OSX, Linux 3.X and no access to the Internet; only to a State-sponsored Intranet. The goddamn dictator is most likely using a Mac.

someone's a bit upset

I didn't think people this deluded could use the Internet.

GNU Emacs is excellent software.

OP is a faggot. Post the goddamn source code.

^
This...

And???

Microsoft themselves can't even decipher their own 32TB of source code

I feel like this is no different than an attention whoring celebrity "leaking" her nudes on-line. So how long before Windows 11, or whatever the fuck number they skip, debuts?

There isn't going to be a Windows 11, they announced 10 was going to be F2P with microtransactions and DLC.

Never.

web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/7/8568473/windows-10-last-version-of-windows

Wasn't this leak source code AND lots of internal-use-only ISOs with Windows 10?
I refuse to believe that even Microsoft can be so incompetent that they need 32 TERABYTES of source code.

C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D