I'm feeling like watching shit about the conquistadors

i'm feeling like watching shit about the conquistadors
so far i've got this
1492: Conquest of Paradise
Jericó (1991)
The Royal Hunt of the Sun
any other recommendations? annoyingly it seems like "spaniard comes and learns how great the natives are, fuck europe n shiet" seems to be a recurring theme

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/great-inca-rebellion.html.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Fountain

prepare yourself

i've seen it once, and i hated it, too god damn artsy

Well lad, I wouldnt want my art to not be artsy, I thought it was fucking good

i'm a simple man, i don't need multiple time periods and storylines in one movie
i just wanted a clash of cultures

Wrath of Agguire needs to be on that list.

Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Cabeza de Vaca
Black Robe
The Mission
La Otra Conquista

90's had a streak of them due to new papers going around in the 70's and 80's telling traveler's tales, and mestizos/natives having money to produce them

Are any of them triumphant? The conquest has been considered 'evil' for so long now, that I'd be surprised if any movies got made celebrating it.

Pocahontas

It was evil, redditpol.

I suggest you watch the documentary "The Great Inca Rebellion "

It just shows that Incas themselves were against the political system of that time, The Conquistadors did nothing wrong except taking advantage of the population but with their tiny armies they were not responsible for the Fall of the sub-humans devils

pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/great-inca-rebellion.html.

Pure Jewish propaganda, they hate the Cross and even more the Catholics. This accursed nation must be exterminated alongside their cousins the Ishmaelites.

It was extremely malicious in many places, we really cannot change that. Some conquistadores and kings went full turbo jew in their schemes,
But Black Robe somewhat celebrates jesuit priests (the original ones, not the modern jewified ones) and Cabeza de Vaca shows how some indians loved benevolent visitors

As in Conquista/Colonization in its full triumphant mode, i really cannot think of one, due to almost none achieving its goal, because they had none in its wide range, they just mined gold/riches and controlled the local workhand by force until: a) indians and/or independent europeans kicked them or b) no more rewards or gold in a certain area and was then abandoned

Jesuits are the only military group that achieved its purpose, control areas and maintain the locals in a somewhat good mood. And only because they weren't jews about it, they were doing it for posterior enrichment schemes that never came.

Reason why the Wild West was a "peaceful" place IRL, until Americans went full greed and tried to exterminate anything non-white at sight, providing us with lots of reservations, a certain degree of hangman's warning and very interesting places in control of federal agencies who shoot your mug without warning

They just can't keep getting away with it

On the other hand better have the Conversos in South America than in Spain. Henry Ford made an article about those filthy Jews of The Americas in The International Jew.

Agree it was quite brutal, but it would be possible to make a film that focusses on the military only and leave morality aside. Americans make a thousand films about winning ww2 and just ignore shit like the dresden bombing.

I want Mel Gibson to make a conquistador movie. He kind of did with Apocalypto, but he should also do one that focuses on Cortes conquering Incas or something similar.

While i've been itching for something like that too, it's quite hard not to mix morality and a military campaign in a plot, mostly because the very same men in those times had it tough thinking about benevolence, good deeds and loving your folks in the name of christianity while receiving an order from a king or priest (both supposedly God's men) to torch a town with women and kids inside
Those campaigns were highly charged with morality stuff, it's well known that a bunch of soldiers deserted to live with them all the time everywhere (free tobacco, medicine and women, i mean come on now). Fights between european military leaders happened but went unreported most of the time. It was so crazy in terms of what side and who you are, that even in Venezuela back in the day a very white spaniard vowed to genocide all white settlers (and almost succeeded), and he still kept doing that even when fighting on Spain's side.
You see, all the crowns just wanted the riches, nothing else, and those marooned in that limbo always clashed with what the hell were they doing. It's a very psychologically and morality charged theme that renders a purely militaristic view somewhat difficult or even insensitive (who cares if the action is good)
Still, it can be possible, but rarely these moors or exiled prisoner warriors achieved stuff, so the weapons used by certain groups can be tough to know, or even how to use them (desert natives supposedly had a primitive but distinctive melee combat style about kicking and threw arrows differently)

Americans also made tons of movies about literal genocide against indians (mind you, in their own reservations) and quite unapologetic too, same with butchering unarmed germans soldiers
The eternal anglo is the jew's stepson, it has no qualms and probably never will

i watched aguirre a few days ago
it was alright, but a bit underwhelming, reading the wiki article on him and he seems way more bloodthirsty than the movie portrayed him

The historical Aguirre's trip seems to have been significantly more insane than the movie depicted.

Though I get why the movie was made so understated. There really wasn't any point to the trip and the movie even spells it out right at the start. El Dorado was a lie to begin with and only thing there was to find was the endless flooded river and trees.

i think the movie is about loss and nature

Maybe, but the possibilities of finding something magical or otherwordly must've seemed quite real given the discovery of this massive landmass.

It's not anglos, its the judeo-prot strain that got brought in.

Now that we mention Gibson and conquistadors/jesuits, i remember very well Mel after doing Apocalypso, still in the mood that he was going to stay, decided to make a colonization movie
He went to explore and found a much-dreaded figure for southern mexicans but a folk hero for northern ones. Situated in the states under Arizona/Cali, he found this mary sue jesuit that was the de-facto figure in the zone that colonized without violence all the tough as fuck natives around, including at times the Hiaki and the lowland Apache to say some names, and lobbied them civilian status.
Big settling occurred, but when he died, spaniards went full crazy with taxes and laws, and a general war happened for quite some time to the point all towns were fortified or had more armed men than people, in both sides, with the basques (mainly jesuit families) being an important faction. Dude is still revered to this day by natives, mestizos and europeans.

Mel Gibson went for it but the gov somewhat disliked this lad's story due to cultural/butthurt reasons, so he put it on stand-by. Still he probably decided to do this due to the priest's name:
Eusebius Chinus, better known in the U.S. and Mexico as Padre Kino