Crime/Investigator movies

Could some user suggest me some Detective-like movies? anything going in that direction would be fine. But not edgy Sherlock movies.

I've been watching some La Noire gameplay and i got in the mood.

Curse of the Jade Scorpion

Giallo

On a serious note, Hound of the Baskervilles with Cushing and Lee is great. Yatsuhaka mara (Village of Eight Gravestones/Tombs) is my favorite murder mystery film.

A Detective Story, from The Animatrix, is another great. Definitely in line with LA Noire.

Pink Panther

what a reddit-tier genre to ask about

Seen this, it is pretty good. Would recommend as well.

If you want classic film noir mystery there's obvious stuff like The Third Man, Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep.

LA Confidential is definitely your film. LA Noire was based on it.

Some good movies, thx guys

definitely gonna watch that now, thanks alot man.

Serials are where its at.

Jack Taylor - Ser Jorah as a drunken Irishman solving mysteries in Galway.

Shetland - Scottish PI investigates crimes on a lonely island full of inbred hicks

Midsomer Murders - Hour long whodunit with an elderly British chap and his green partner.

memories of murder

Really anything with the David Suchet portrayal of Poirot. Check out the Agatha Christie's Poirot tv series.

this guy gets it

kys

So why don't you follow your own advice?

laughingwhores.jpg

can confirm the excellence of the Suchet series, the grimdark adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express (2010) is especially kino

that's a very good one, but my favorite is Three Act Tragedy

great choice user, season 12 was truly the best season

I like the theme song.

The Clocks is kinda weird, but other than that I agree

Not a detective movie, but you might the premise. Some guy disappears and then the whole movie is his father and girlfriend looking for him.

the 1930's Sherlock movies series are pretty good minus a few in the middle which are war propaganda.

No, it fits right in.
Thx, user.

speaking of which, i recently finished Lucifer
Devil is bored of being stuck in hell so he goes and helps a qt detective solve crimes while mocking her ex husband
and abaddon is a nigger

Manhunter (1986)

This. The first Steve Martin one is not terrible.

William Friedkin is based.

Inherent Vice

A good one.

laughingtyrone.mp4

Here are some of my fav that hasn't been mentioned yet.

The Japanese one is from Akira Kurosawa adapted from an American Pulp Novel and made it more artsy. I want to suggest a pure kino before recommending the rest of the schlocks.

The Italians are giallo, nice blend of slashers and detectives. Research that genre and you'll find plenty.

Or if you are too lazy and can't bother with subtitle, just stick with film noir or hitchcock.

You can also try Columbo. The show is good, and it also has a few movies, though I haven't seen those. I should warn you though, that if you watch the show, skip the first 5 minutes of each episode since they spoil who the criminal is.

Paul Cop Mall Blart

That's the point. It's a mystery show backward. You're not supposed to figure out who the killer is but how Columbo is going to solve the crime.

unrealistic jewish knock off of Sherlock Holmes and other detectives. No one would tolerate Columbo's meddling they would lawyer up as soon as he starts harassing them.

total ripoff of Monk tbh

Why can't I do both, try to figure out who the criminal is, and what will Columbo say/do next?

It's whoever he's following around for the entire fucking episode you dolt

stay meme'd kiddies

You did not repute the point that jewlumbo is nothing more than half baked knock off of better detectives.

*refute

Yeah after playing Lanoire, I went through a bunch of 50's noir films. Bogey mostly.