Princless Thread: Cancer AND Aids edition

So whilst reading The Unbuyable Wasp thread, I learned the comic was written by our old friend Jeremy Whitley, the suburban SJW supreme. Reading this atrocious pile of garbage got me nostalgic for his first pile of Garbage names Princeless.

So since I hate myself and all of you I think I'll story time Jeremy Whitely's magnum opus, enjoy.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princeless
archive.is/dXzS8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So concludes issue 1, or the "Holy shit she let her dragon try to eat an innocent young knight" issue.

Why you had to do this user? You had open pandoras box and we all are going to pay the price for it.

KILL EVERYONE!!

Who wrote this? a 10 y/o?

Why set the world in medieval Europe when they looks more like royalty from Nubia or Moors that actually have royalties? Make the castles with limestones and sandstones and set them in the middle of the savanna or desert. How about a more creative dragon design with a touch of middle east or African style mythology? Why the fuck do I care so much for this garbage?

A white cucked guy, so basically the same.

Also, it is set in medieval Europe because people have no creativity and they want to apropiate european culture because its more popular and interesting.

Now for Volume 2, also known as the "My brother is such a little faggot" issue

Because the author is making an ignorant, ham-fisted, political statement. The entire book is an ignorant, ham-fisted, political statement.

Creating interesting worlds goes against the entire objective of making an ignorant, ham-fisted, political statement.

Dang, i was hoping she'd splat all over the ground. Doesn't matter how many times I subject myself to this I always find myself praying she'll hit the ground, but it never happens

anyway, end of issue 2

Yeah, do that girl. Because a kingdom NOT going into chaos when the leader was deposed.

I wish there's a fanfic for this comic depicting her kingdom plunged into chaos as the generals and other factions rose up and start fighting each other for supremacy and she was left sobbing alone in the ruin of her kingdom.

That was painful

The only thing I saw was a parody of Princeless spin off when a pirate girl said that she wanted a crew without men because mens were icky, just to end beaten and raped.

Nobody has that picture?

for you

Now, for the Infamous "Obligatory inaccurate armor" issue. If anyone of you autists are interested, please go into great detail as to why (((Whitley))) couldn't draw accurate armor if he was look at some.

Now let's wait for the new armor she would show. Let's us laugh or cry by the author's idea of how an armor should look like.

Seconding this. Never saw that image. I WANT IT.

Thirding

Look at that armor! look at it and scream!

FUCK YOU FOR TRYING TO PUSH YOUR IDEOLOGY WHEN YOU HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA ABOUT THE SUBJECT YOU ARE ARGUING AGAINST OR PARODYING!

I wonder what's the sale figures

I don't think the author even knows what their ideology is.

It's pretty hard to have solid principles when your entire outlook on the world is based on click bait and hashtags.

Does any author do now a days?

Wow.

That's pretty sad to be honest.

Whitley is the writer not the artist (Mia Goodwin). But if we go by the idea that the comic script writing leads to the art, then Whitley could have had a hand in how it looks.

And speaking of the artist if there's any bright side, Goodwin's website's barely mentions her work on Princeless (bio mentions two Glyph art award wins and two Eisner nominations for it) and her Sequential section only mention is of it is a Princeless/Skullkickers* crossover (no Princeless by itself strangely enough . . .) So maybe she wants to distance herself from it?

* Image comic's IP not an Action Lab comic's IP unlike Princeless or her own written/drawn comic from the same publisher called Tomboy.

IIRC He is working in Marvel in a book storytimed here

Is there some kind of contract that barred the artist from shit talking about the work they did for a certain amount of time? Maybe she distance herself from that comic after she realized how retarded it was but she can't say anything about.

Also wait, Princeless got two Eisner nominations? What the fuck?

Wait, your saying award shows are about a small number of people circle jerking each other, say it ain't so!

I think it was just a gig for her.

From her profile, she's a full time freelance artist. Freelancers are always stuck making garbage, but they never bitch about it because they want to keep working.

Eisners aren't worth shit. They're crappy industry awards they give to Batman writers. They besmirch Eisner's legacy.

what is that from and is it good?

I don't think that's usually part of the contract, it's just common sense. You don't badmouth people in the industry, at least not until you're very secure somewhere else.

At least older Eisner award still have some credibility. I think the committee that runs this award went to shit now.

It's from Tomboy. It's a comic created by Mia Goodwin. She describes it as "if Sailor Moon was directed by Satoshi Kon and Usagi was played by the Punisher".

This. Freelancers can't afford the luxury having an opinion.

She's now a concept artist for Retro Studios possible since early 2015. (date judged by her tumblr last date and even her twitter account has been deactivated).

Yes, Metroid Prime series,Donkey Kong Country Returns/Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 7 assistance developer. She's done concept art for video game developers before but it's one hell of a career jump.

It's quite telling how bad the comic industry is when working in a video game company as a concept artist is considered a positive and huge career jump. The comic book industry, the big two to be specific and the fans are fucking toxic sometimes.

It's been done before, and better, by someone who can write, and someone who can draw, and tell a story.

Hell, even Neil Gaiman did it better in The Sleeper And The Spindle, if you don't mind his male feminist eunuch bullshit writing.

There are so many talented artists getting no work, there really isn't any excuse for employing these Calarts scribblers, unless the editors are from that brand of feminism that rejects any actual talent or hard work as elitist patriarchal crypto-fascist oppression.

Ok that's gorgeous lineartwork, even though the girl face is pretty funny. It's like she's thinking "Oh not this shit again"

Care to storytime this comic?

Xena's armour is great, this guy is a hack.

Also the actress reported it was comfortable nd easy to move around

Eh, I don't have it, I only read a library copy.
She pretty much has that expression the whole book, it's hilarious.
I'm 90% sure this version of Snow White is based on Christina Ricci.

So he spent that whole time talking about how stupid it is to put female warriors in skimpy outfits just to pleasure the audience, but he still went and conveniently put his own character in a situation where she is forced to wear skimpy clothes?

Yup, that's definitely a armor designed for women.

And they are effective.

Now look at

Look at it and tell me what's so useful about that shit. Her former armor was MUCH more protective. That looks more like cosplay that could be cut with a pair of scissors.

To be fair, the Wonder Woman armor that she was in is probably more effective since it's basicly just light armor. It won't offer much protection but it's light and have more mobility.

Putting a teenage girl in full armor will just slow her down and won't really be that much advantage since she probably doesn't have enough strenght and stamina for long close quarter combat.

Christina Ricci default expression is more like "I'm gonna make you crawl to me naked and you gonna like it."

Man that woman is morbidly hot.

Still, look at that armor. Tell me that is remotely useful in any way besides screaming "KILL ME!" over and over.

A fucking decent helmet could be more than useful.

Where is the rest?
I remember last story time, the princess and the dwarf reached the swamp where another princess was being guarded.

I know, I pointed it out too:

There is an actual reason for why women didn't fight in the front lines in full armor. It makes zero difference if you're wearing full plate armor when you're a scrawny little girl and your opponent is some 6ft blood thirsty barbarian with double your weight only in muscle mass.

They can't even use the argument that "it's fantasy! We don't need to play by the rules!" because then there will be no problem with chainmail bikini either.

Hm… weren't full plates very useful to tell which soldiers are actually nobility? Also, with so many child soldiers, what difference a few women could do regarding effectiveness?

Besides. Weren't old wars much less lethal and have many more survivors?

There's just no reason to work in the industry right now. The working environment is horrible(especially for the big two) and the pay is shit for the hours involved. You're better off making your own comics.

There's also a little Norwegian fairytale called "East of The Sun and West of The Moon", where a girl goes on an epic quest to save a prince from marrying trolls.

My knowledge of it only solidifies my opinion that the author is an ignorant, sexist twat looking for drama.

The author of "Princeless" I mean. East of The Sun is a good fairytale.

None if you're just trying to swell numbers. Most guys didn't even wear armor, which is why it makes no sense in bragging about female armor. Armor is fucking useless if there's a weak piece of shit inside.

I will post it after work today

never mind, here it is. This is the last one I can find, I don't know if the series ended after this.

I can't tolerate that trannie bitch dragon. He/she/it/zee wears piercings yet it cant talk? fuck this disgusting faggotry.

Go back to tumblr.

It's just so weird how the main characters are randomly black when the whole thing is set in fantasy europe.

Apparently there were other books, according to wikipedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princeless with Princeless: "Make Yourself" being the latest.
Also pic related tells us, all we need to know about the author.

Wife is black or white?

The guy is so smug about 'deconstructing muh tropes' that it creates an artificial black-and-white conflict. He claims that he wants to tell a different, diverse story when all he does is reverse the roles and slap brown paint on his characters, effectively whitewashing his black princess and removing all nuance from his sermonizing narrative.

His wife is black and doesn't read comics, and he's convinced that his in-laws never read comics because they never saw themselves represented in them.

Hey OP, what happened to "The Unstoppable Wasp: I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE Edition"? It's just gone…

It's right here
not op btw

Oh, so he is not a cuck, just a faggot.

Well, that makes everything less bad, but that makes him 10 times better than most of his people. And that isn't much really.

That's always the problem with stuff like this.

I don't think anyone would be opposed to more diversity in comics, both in characters and in stories, but this shit isn't it. This isn't bringing a unique viewpoint to the medium. There's no real story here. It's just pages of bitching about a problem the author DOES NOTHING TO SOLVE. He's isn't helping anyone with this masturbation. In fact, he's making things worse. He's poisoning the well for other, more genuine works.

His ilk have set comics back ten years by polarizing everyone with their egotistical bullshit.

Both

I want to see that picture!

Wonder Woman's costume never showed her mid-riff. I think her outfit was supposed to be based off of the girdle of aphrodite or something.

I was more impressed she got a job at Retro, I think I heard somewhere you need like X number of years working in triple AAA development to get a job there but maybe the standard of their hiring has changed (considering they haven't released a game in since early 2014)

Did Wonder Woman even wear a set of armor like that with the exposed mid-drift? Hasn't her stomach always been covered up?

I swear there was a picture of Whitley with his (black) kid and a white woman in front of a garage door (of what would be assumed to be his house), which lead people (including myself) to think he adopted a black kid with a white wife. But he does in fact have a black wife. (as mention by )

That's the massive dilemma with this comic. If it's fantasy, you don't need to apply reality. But then you get "outside reference/parody" moments like the armor room where reality sets in (on fiction) that just makes characters look brain damaged I never noticed the exposed mid-drift's of female armor until you pointed it out! and lead to the "black princess be right about something" and who ever she's talking to wrong about it, even though that isn't always the case (cough, cough "fair").

Also with he armor scene, couldn't she have just worn male armor with some minor modifications?

Regarding armor I guess if there was an internal logic to the universe it could make sense. Honestly, I think the author is bullshitting it at this point.

The thing is that all these people look alike, so it is easy to mistake them.

She had exposed midrif in the 90s, but the author is just full of shit, he's exagerating her standard uniform to look more impratical than it is.

If we go for realism, she wouldn't even be able to fight agains't the adult male soldiers, regardless of armor. This shit is just braindead retarded. I get that the author doesn't like chainmail bikini, okay, that's fair, but he goes page upon pages on a bad strawmen argument that doesn't even makes sense by his own universe logic.

If you don't like fairy tale tropes and chainmail bikini, then just don't include it in your comic. This whole shit is just a passive-agressive twitter rant made into a comic book.

If this comic was more popular or good there would be doujins of the little girl getting the horns. This comic's lack of quality is an actual crime.

This

what's this logic?

I agree with the "Oh, your armor is shit" joke was lame as fuck, and so was all this comic. But the thing is that pointing out that bikini armors are bullshit is a valid criticism in fantasy settings, if male warrior uses a good designed armor to protect his body, a female warrior should use its equivalent for the same reason. It is a matter of consistency.

There is no problem with bikini chainmail if it fits the setting, there is also no problem with women in full plate armor if it fits the setting too.

The problem is when people want to make it the norm so no else can enjoy it. Like those tumblr pages that goes trough the trouble of editing other people work so the armor can fit their standards. I guess this is what SJWs don't get. No one would bother with their stronk womyn diversity quotas, if they did it in their own turf.

Not to be a dick but is tumblr's editing of peoples armor for characters different from Holla Forums edits of comics? Is it the intention that matters?

Are you the same faggot in that other thread trying to convince everyone that we're the ones at fault for being upset at hamfisted gay characters in cartoons?
Holla Forums does it for the laughs. Those fags think they're being morally superior to others by fixing shit for them.

Where's the one blog that had changed Chi-Chi from Dragon Ball because wearing a bikini is apparently too provocative for a 12-year-old, and even edited her body because apparently 12-year-olds aren't allowed to have breasts?

No I'm not that user I was just curious to see the differences between the /po/ edits and tumblrinas.

These comics are about as subtle as a two-handed open-palmed slap in the face.

People on tumblr edit stuff to "fix it" and raise awereness to a issue that only exist in their heads.

People on Holla Forums edit stuff because they are being dicks to someone they don't like.

There's a pretty clear difference, buddy.

Holla Forums isn't taking an industry that was just fine and browbeating the producers into publishing agenda-driven comics instead, retard.

????

Holy shit even Ginchiyo look elegant even when she's in full armor.

For that last response, what's good for the goose is good for the gander I say.

I made this just for this thread.

Earthsea did the whole "black characters in a fantasy setting" much better. Even if the anime and the live action whitewashed everybody.
Hell, even The Sword And The Sorcerer had a fuckton of badass moorish warriors. It worked better than the Wayans in the Dungeons & Dragons movie.

You need to spoiler

To be fair, she has the same protection that bugbear has.

Equality, right?

Why? Everything is covered.

So, if the royal family is black… does that mean they are not oppressed by white people?

Since everyone is white, you could say they are the ones doing the opression.

A clever author would-ve written a story about a black royal family willing to oppress and keep other blacks oppressed in order to mantain power, but that would require not being a hack

when you spend so much time making a point, you forget to consult a dictionary

Thats funny

Even a royal black family opressing white peasants would make a fine commentary on how racism is not attached to race. But that's not the narrative they want to sell.

She then allowed her dragon to attack this poor guy with the full intention of letting it eat him for the crime of DARING to use a word with more than one meaning. Whitley honestly expected people to cheer for this wench.

You don't understand! He has to inspire his nigglet daughter!

Sounds about right.

You call it that, they call it 'empowering'.

Checked

and making a
wew lad

they are both right, they are using the same meaning.

fuck off

Isn't there some irony in the fact that since his daughter is half white (but appears black) she will have "more" privilege than other black people?

wewe lad

YOU HAD ONE JOB

Is a mixbred jew.

Sauce for that second pic please, i need it for reason

Never

No Lucatiel of Mirrah? She probably got one of the best costume design and touching background story.

Women, and especially this twig of a girl, are not physical equals of men so chainmail bikinis are just the cherry on top of a sundae of absurdity.

I disagree. He used the archaic meaning of it. He was also using 'ye olde english'. If the author really wanted his point to be better, the knight would speak 'normally'.

It was obvious what he meant and she misconstrued it on purpose.

Those aren't plot holes, those are contrivances in the narrative that moves the plot from point A to point B.

Plot holes, Jeremy Whitley, Professional Comic Writer from Durham, NC, are elements of a plot that go unadressed and leave illogical holes in the narrative. Such as the following:

Then:

I guess plot holes don't matter if you have a message!

I got bored so I read ahead.

Adrienne's problems stem from being an ugly piece of shit womanlet who has a hot sister - informed, Whitley switches pencillers as their careers die it seems - who people like enough to indulge her female privilege.

King Patriarchy summons the knights of the Realm of Diversity to track down Adrienne down. One of these knights is Beast Man here.

He kicks her cunt ass around but doesn't kill her because even bad guys don't fight girls I guess. Instead he does something more horrifying and goes to tell her daddy.

Instead of developing his characters as the story progresses, Whitley is a fan of 'very special episode' side-stories in which he tackles African American beauty standards, including the use of the creamy crack and heating irons, because fantasy. Eventually she shaves it off because I guess someone from Project Rooftop sent him an email about practical hairstyles for strong women.

Whitley almost becomes self-aware about how his heroine is incompetent because she has no perspective and no skills, but sidesteps that immediately to sermonize about the gays and how they're okay and it's not a choice.

Spoilers for Princeless: Jeremy Whitley is a hack who can't foreshadow a mystery worth a god-damn.

This is likely building to a clever reveal about gender roles and presentation when the real moral is more basic, don't lie because that will cause greater problems you cannot control.

So between the inability to secure a decent penciller, morals that choke on their own vomit, and cliche plot threads run by cutout characters who "develop" only as their circumstances require, it's no wonder this comic has been going on for six years with so little to show.

Well, at least I have good shit to read to my niece

FUCK THAT! Read Bathory to her! Trust me you will thank me later!

So… We wuz princesses?

That would require these people aknowledging that racism is about skin and not that power and prejudice shit

You know, Jack Kirby isn't exactly known for subtlety or sensitivity, but he did this so much better in Captain Victory.
He had an alien race of human-looking aliens, who had observed Earth from 2000 light years away and decided ancient Rome was the perfect civilisation, and in true Star Trek fashion, had become a space age version of Imperial Rome. Togas, the whole shebang. And they were black, see? So Major Klavius is a high-ranking officer on the Tigra, the ship sent to cleanse Earth of the Insectons, exterminatus style if necessary, but he is always giving shit to the reptilian doctor who is working on a suicide-weapon on Captain Victory's orders. You know, calling him cold-blooded, saying only a lizard would come up with an evil weapon like this, until the doctor snaps and starts screaming at him that it wasn't HIS idea and HE didn't want to build it, and he was following orders just like the rest of them. And Klavus is taken aback and apologises, and you realise, his people are lords of all they see on his planet, his people were never oppressed or enslaved, so although he looks like an Earth black man, he has absolutely no culturally-inground resentment of whites and no victim complex, and in fact can be a racist dick with a superiority complex without any kind of sense of entitlement as a victim, he's a racist in the same way an Earth white man is racist, he's an Imperial as much as the next Victorian, Roman, or Imperial Japanese.

Compare with the Broken Aesop of the black empire from Farnham's Freehold…

You have to go back. Don't ask why, you know already.

Ey! That's the pirate woman raped in that parody picture!

Seriously nobody saved it?

this shtick about accomplishment is a joke. What's her name is clearly beloved by the public while browny is a hateful cunt with daddy issues.

Not that, but as is shown with the hair thing, being beautiful IS more work then many people care to admit, even when you are "blessed" with good looks genetically with facial structure ans such there are many pitfalls one could fall in to waste that beauty.

And if your beauty brings joy and inspiration to other people then how are you not accomplishing something?

This is basically just pure ressentiment

But once you go black you never go back.

>LET'S GO RESUCE SOME PRINCESSES.

Despite that godawful pitch the series is actually decent

???
Sounds pretentious

Dark Souls II, how fun is it?

Anyone remember the artist or will there be someone has enough interest or rage to recreate it?

2 was worst souls by far.

It shows how he never read the actual Sailor Moon. Serenity is suicidal, and her mistakes causing the queen to seal the evil and ended up killing everyone.

Dark Souls 2 is just like the other two dark souls, it's pretty much "Castlevania hard" when you learn the patterns and shortcuts it's getting easier.

Pick one.

why does that cover art piss me off so much whenever I see it in the catalog and why does it piss me off the most out of everything else in this thread

Probably because of that smug look on her face?

WE WUZ KANGZ

I don't think it's that, you can't see her face too well on the catalog, just the eyes.
I think the whole composition of it just completely sucks.

Im laughing

I'm surprised you americans tend to forget that moors were basically what right now we call Morocco. Tell a moroccian the moors were black and weren't slaves and he will call his friends to lynch you.

Moroccians are scum as are all north africans.

it's funny because she really can't do it.
It's more about standing around and looking pretty. I mean granted it's not as much work as it sounds but there is so much more work to being a Kim kardashian type than just looking pretty

So many better ways to do this.
I don't know how any artist can get the chance to illustrate a fantasy story with fucking dragons and castles and knights and just phone in a bunch of flat, cartoony pages with linework that looks like a laundry marker.
And it's not the cartoony style that kills it, either. Bone, Groo, Usagi Yojimbo, The Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath, there's plenty of really good fantasy with a cartoony style. This is just slapdash writing and art.

Yes, but anything other than this involves having actual substance to your story.

This comic is bait.

More like self gratification and ego stroking.

Thanks for the read, it was awful

Do you know what this reminds me of?

Anita Sarkeesian's video game pitch.

Beautiful looking book. I remember the gold bits were like gold leaf, so it looked like an illuminated manuscript.

Gotta love that Sarky's best idea she can come up with, under no restrictions of gameplay or style, is a game where a Princess beats up a bunch of faceless mooks with a sword and uses stealth, and then overthrows the evil king.

Even the shittiest "ideas guy" can come up with something more compelling than that.

Where is that from? I looked it up but its all in spanish.

The lack of worldbuilding in both Sarky's idea and this comic disturbs me.

That's the Pathfinder tabletop roleplaying game house art style. Most of their source books used (used?) it.

Honestly, the part which bothered me the most is how she is basically asking for three different games. Think of how hard it is to make a game where the fighter, mage, and thief paths are all equally valid and fun. She imagines a game with three completely different genres; what are the chances of getting that right? Worse yet, she's asking for them in series instead of in parallel. In a game like Morrowind if you think the fighter path sucks you can just be a mage or sneak around. In her proposed game you're forced to play every section one after the other. That's going to an amazing amount of effort to deprive the player of choices. It doesn't even work from a crass commercial perspective (ie the reason secret levels are dying out). If you like the adventure section you'll probably be disappointed when it ends. Maybe you would have liked the stealth portion but you hated the adventure section so you quit before you got to it. Stupid all around.

It's also a transparently obvious power fantasy, but that seems to almost go without saying for female creators.

* And that particular artist (WAR signature) is Wayne Reynolds.

Yeah, Pathfinder is retrocompatible with D&D 3.5 under that games open games license. It came out at the same time as D&D 4.0, and appeals to purists who prefer the earlier rules, and the OGL, which 4.0 doesn't have.
Apart from that it has some really nice art.

Thank you guys.

You can't expect much worldbuilding in a didactic polemic, and a weak one at that, that pits a Mary Sue against strawmen.
Really, this isn't even a polemic, more like an emetic. This is just virtue signalling, not a real fairy tale postmodernist deconstruction, which, as I said, has been done before, and done better, by more talented, more committed people, who didn't HALF ARSE it.

It's also a pitiful attempt to fix the imbalances of D&D 3.5, and in many cases, only makes things worse. Less balanced, more wonky, more broken, more trap options, more overpowered casters and splats that utterly fuck things up in a way that makes piles of books useless.

Also, Paizo is full of SJWs and virtue signalling faggots who love to inject identity politics as much as possible, because it's [CURRENT YEAR]

What's the deal with that cleric, Kyra, anyway? Can Clerics use edged weapons in Pathfinder?

Holy shit, an honest to God grognard. Tankards high wanderer! (Remember cloth maps?)

Chiswick! Fresh horse!

Ah, yes. How well I remember the first time I raped Zargon with his own horn! The taste of carrion crawler roasting on a spit, scrabbling through the remains of a gelatinous cube for gold teeth, hollowing out the party's cleric and using him as a boat to cross an underground river, loading Kender into catapults. Good times!

The similarities are striking

You see, this is my problem with the feminist role reversal. You can't simply put a woman in a man shoes and say "there, they are equal now". This always comes up as the character being mary sues because they are too lazy to explain how the 5ft girl manages to beat multiple grown man twice her size and weight. It always feels forced and hipocrital since these same people brag about the character armor being more realistic.

And yet she still gets mistaken for being a man, even by her own older sister.

What the hell? Like seriously? Did his black wife threaten him to include this shit? It's so out of place especially with the more "realistic" art style in those pages.

After searching around, this pitch was uploaded to YT on Aug 2nd 2013. (And yet I think it's older than that).
Remember if this idea is so "brilliant" and "good for women" or whatever, why has it been over 3 years and yet no dev has stepped forward to make anything close to it?

I'd actually enjoy this comic if they made the male characters actually realistic.

Wasnt there a storytime for that here?

Hold on user, do you expect the writer to do research of hair styles and fashion of blacks in the middle ages?

This is basically the plot of Dishonored 2 minus the retarded nonsensical parts that only serve to circle-jerk Anita's ideology.

In Dishonored 1 you play as the head Bodyguard to an Empress and her young daughter, the Princess. Secretly the Bodyguard and the Empress are lovers, and he is the Princess's father and raises her as such. The plot of the game is that the Empress is murdered and the Princess kidnapped, so you must avenge your wife's death and rescue your daughter by using your magical assassin stealth skills.

Dishonored 2 skips ahead to where the Princess is all grown up serving as the new Empress with her father by her side who has also trained her to have the same skills he has. You can choose to play as her father, but the games main narrative content leans heavily towards you picking the Empress/ all grown up Princess.

The game's story actually functions beyond the half assed feminist virtue signal that I wouldn't even call a concept Anita proposes because it's more concerned with setting the stage and giving motivation for its gameplay instead of sticking it to mysoginerds. Rather than having all her character traits revolve around raging against men or "overthrowing the monarchy", the Empress just wants her Kingdom back after she's betrayed and deposed. Her main personal motivation is rescuing her father whom she loves and cares about, which is of course the epitome of Patriachy. Oh and the villain isn't a gross problematic chauvinist man, it's a woman.

The developers didn't make a big deal about it. The Empress was featured more prominently in marketing, but it was very subdued without any "I AM WOMYN HEAR ME ROAR" type. It was a very natural evolution of the narrative from the first game. The players didn't give a shit, had no problems with the fact you could play as a girl, and the game was very well received.

Despite essentially being exactly what she asked for… she still found things to bitch about. Particularly the fact that the game gave you the choice between a man and a woman instead of only allowing you to play as a woman. Then she became a hamplanet and kvetched that the new DOOM was too violent after which everyone stopped paying attention to her.

If you're interested in seeing any more updates from her, I would suggest you free your calendar this Friday when Trump is inaugurated wherein she will debut her new project: a live stream of her killing herself.

Good fucking god, she can never be satisfied, "give an inch and they want a mile." And she still doesn't understand the concept that these games have to make profit and the main game playing demographic is men, so games have to be marketed to sell to them first.

I would not be surprised if there was some sort of "higher up insider market analyst type" who stepped forward and told the developers to either go with a male character or man/woman characters but no woman playable by herself otherwise they won't publish the game or something

One can only hope…

Why, Jennifer Hale, why?

I sincerely fucking hope so. I'm sick of this San Francisco parasite maintaining any level of relevance in this world.

To be fair, when your job is literally complaining about things, you can't afford to be satisfied.

guy who knows a thing or two about game design here, let me tell you why her pitch sucks ass

1. gets out just by knocking a door down

2. pitches the idea of combat, then stealth, then skill via level system?

3. turns from combat to stealth game for no reason then makes boss battle at the end in a game that has stealth mechanics.

ok let me tell you how to make this work.
have to protagonist have help with their escape by lets say someone throws a dagger, or sword to her window. then because anita does not know what she wants. lets make it a action/combat game, with little to no stealth (too many games end up with stealth being overpowered or useless). then there is the story, i HATE this story it is so rushed and half assed, here is better treat the game like the witcher, or dark soul something under the line of rpg, have the protagonist be wanted, so now the protagonist must have a new identity, or hiding their face, have their be multiple towns were npc would have quests, and opinions about everything that happened. have poor towns have negative opinions of the princess, rich towns have positives opinions. then at the end give multiple ending one were she get revenge but does not take the throne, one were she tries to do better, and one were she become a dictator because some parts of the kingdom wanted or were related to her kidnapping.

there done cake what you guys think, better or worst.

Monarcuck detected.

There is also this comic with similar premise but not as shitty.

Did she try asking the guards to tell the council that she would like to formally renounce her claim to the throne? That might help get her out of the dungeon and end the monarchy in one easy gesture.

You know what, i will storytime it, because why the fuck not

blah blah blah
every princess is Disney
every prince is a faggot

Bad guy!

This is a twist.

And it gets bigger.

MAIN CHARACTERS AREN'T PROUD NEGROS! NOT DIVERSE ENOUGH! TAKE THIS TRASH OUT OF HERE!

So she gets some motivation and the whole kidnap the princess has some valid reason to happen.

Issue #2
where the faggot is not that much of a faggot

getting an army of mercenaries is a good idea, letting them to steal from you before they get hired is a bad execution

She cares
her father cares.

Every plan goes awry

She is not that smart.

Politics, yeah.

The fiancee is trying to learn something new.

nobody listen because he is a nigger
**a gay nigger*

suddenly she can fight

Everything gets worse.

The end

Democracy!
kek
That is all the comic.
The ending is rushed as fuck and the characters are not that interesting, but overall it is okay-ish.
They give some good motivations and the princess tries to do some rushed plans and fails.
So whatever. Better than Princeless.

It hurts to look at it.

At least it's not raping my eyes.

archive.is/dXzS8

Wait a cotton-pickin' minute here. A framed photo in a medieval fantasy setting?

Its going to be a good time on /pone/ when it releases.

oh god the lips on that guy. Its so weird.

This seems actually pretty good. I feel bad for prematurely judging this by the artwork since I tend to associate this artists work with SJW stuff.

Is that Dragondicks they're talking about?

Maybe

Where is the equality in that? :^)

Part of the critic's job is also to give advice on how to improve a work. That is what is called constructive criticism. Sarky is never pleased by anything… She shat on Rogue One despite trying too hard to be diverse and shit, same with the most recent Deus Ex. And people know this… She recently admitted that game devs aren't listening to her anymore and I noticed that people over at Netherrealm are starting to design their female characters in a sexualized manner. Its still a long way to go, but its a start at last. They are no longer afraid of her ilk anymore.

Who knows

The comics have always been shit, and have had SJW virtue signaling in the past. But I swear to God, if that faggot touches my four legged waifus he will pay the consequences.

I actually like the justification they came up with early on for a black female paladin in european-style armor. She was a little girl in fuckoffistan who stole a helmet from a crusading knight, even though that knight was kind to her, and the knight died from a head wound in the next battle. She felt so guilty she joined the local missionary and became a crusader herself. Redemption values rather nicely portrayed.

Though now that they're making comics about the iconic characters, I'm expecting they'll retcon this since it isn't any kind of canon, making the crusader who inspired her a total dick or making him a black lady too. They already made the not!Muslin iconic cleric a lesbian.

The only thing I don't like about the design is that its a combo of leather pants and fishnets. They should do one or the other not both it just doesn't look right or looks like it could work.

Kek

On the flip side, the characters in Injustice 2 are highly customizable, so you can probably change her appearence yourself. I was disappointed how Supergirl's original outfit looked like, but if you mess around, you can give her some sexy look.

Dude sounds like a fucking fat sperg that's way too close to the mic. I am surprised and a bit gladdened by the customization options though. However, I'm not a fan of the fact it's not purely cosmetic but effects gameplay. Also you can't fix her stupid butterface.

with that hair supergirl looks more like power girl.

Maybe people are slowly realizing that being "good looking" or "sexy" isn't a crime and just a part of being healthy, confident and having good personal care of oneself.

Whitley is the same guy who wrote that horrible "Dragon's are oppressed/Trayvon Martin" inspired MLP comic.

Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't have an alternate costume

She does. So does Flash and Hal.

Also her titties are too small… Lets hope Power Girl has bigger.

Don't count on it.