Generator Rex

So, besides the terrible fucking ending, it was a pretty good show.

I don't think I ever saw the ending, what happened?

It was very good. Proof that Man of Action can be competent, just often aren't.
I wanted more screentime with the Doctor and less with Asian Assassin 6.

If I recall,
**there was a cabal of 5 people with super nanites in them. They got together, fused into a Megazord, then Rex beat the living shit out of them.
He then cured all the mutated humans and animals, but it caused him to become amnesiac again, slow pan out surrounded by his friends.**

I can't spoiler this for some reason. Oh well, don't read it if you want to enjoy it.

The big baddies of the entire series turned out to be a bunch of rich guys who injected bullshit supernanites that can control time, space and gravity and shit into their bloodstream, and got turned into Voltrons.

Then Van Kleiss pulled some trick to take all the power for himself, but instead of offering us even a remotely satisfying conclusion of Rex fighting him, instead Rex just takes the supermegaultrafinalformnanites for himself, deactivates all the nanites in the world and then shuts down the infinity stone nanites.

But whoah, Van Kleiss escapes through a portal, ready to return for the totally-sure-to-happen absolutely guaranteed continuation of the series!

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?

Black Knight is neat though, her theme is sweet

Gotta rush that ending bro.

Lose the pretense and post Breach lewds already.

Are there even any? Have some screencaps though.

Breach is clearly the top waifu of the series.

The ending is shockingly bad compared to the rest of the series.

Also Providence had some nice troopers. They were grade A mooks.

Wow, that sounds fucking awful.

I always liked that doctor lady best, but Breach was a close second.

I don't think he became amnesiac again. He simply turned into nanite god and cleanse all the infected (like some kind of nanite Jesus) but strangely Van Kleis, Breach and several others are not affected. Rex still fighting enemies but now most of them are robots. Oh and it's hinted that he gonna banging the red haired girl

A show that got a lot of potential and they rushed the ending. Fucking hell.

I prefer the doctor, followed by the red haired girl, then black knight. But yeah, when I saw the show I knew Breach got moe waifu potential for you fucks.

The show had a nice premise, but it had some stupid things. That talking monkey character was easily the thing most out of place with the rest of the series.

BEST.BLOWJOB.EVER

I wonder if the execs who put him there.

Apparently Breach warped them off Earth while Rex deactivated the nanites, so their nanites never got the shut-down order.

I liked that she ended up joining the gang, even though they were basically fucking worthless in the overall story. How come they didn't join up with the Providence resistence in the last season?

The monkey is actually from the original comic. Yea, the series was based on a comic. Go figure.

Well what do you. Huh. That CN Firebreather movie was based on a comic book too. Can't think of any other instances like these that aren't big two related.

They were Grade A mercs who got killed on screen atleast.

Also used actual bullets

It had its moments

Huh so apparently that dumb idea was there from the start.

The monkey character was pretty fun. Having the blonde kid for the main sidekick would've been worse.

Why not just find a nanite user? Rex can always act like his mentor or something.

Van Kleiss a fine villain. Had one of the best leitmotifs in the series. especially during that rebirth episode

Yep

Then they trap him in time stasis and let him suffer for hundreds of years. Van Keliss is the baddest villain but also the one with shittiest fate.

At least he survived

That's just brutal

Yeah, but he got several screw loose after that. Also it's hilarious that turn out the dark shadow that keep following and terrorizing him is actually Breach trying to save him.

They really could've done a hell of a lot more with this show.

Why does the monkey bother you so much?

It's just he's so out of character there. Sure there are Nanite monsters but they tend to be designed to be completely monstrous or at least having unique superpower. But the monkey… he's just a gun toting monkey.

Just open your mind a bit

You never wished you had a smack talking monkey side kick before?

Is the comic good or bad?

No idea. Could try digging around online for it.

Go ahead

Found the Firebreather stuff but not the M.Rex comics. Your best bet would be to look around a torrent site. But I have a feeling it's just one of those lost to the wind books.

I wanna fuck Cricket

>>>/rule34/

Well, she's normal now, if that's your fetish. Just disgusting normal human

I remember seeing a movie named that on Cartoon Network. I think it was based off the comic.

These villains seem a bit Kirby-esque to me.

Also, what happened to Rex's mad brother?

If there's one good thing to say about this series is the design and powers of these characters it was fairly creative.

Well yeah.

They do look a bit like Celestial knockoffs.

It was a damn shame the show ended abruptly like that. They don't even fleshed out the Doctor more. She's simply keep lamenting about her mutated sister and that's it? They even fleshed Rex and his buddy's date more.

I had a look in two private tracks plus 5 comic speciality public trackers.
This thing is fucking rare, and only came out in 1999.

There's 2 issues, it's by Avalon Studios and that's about it. The M stands for Machina, but that doesn't help in searches.

Damn he put on some weight.

That implies there was something wrong with her in the first place…. which just isn't the case!

Poor Kiev.

Ain't it just. Fits a relentless charismatic megalomaniac like him like a glove.

And to think, everyone who survived that long got devoured by a supercomputer.

It was one of my favorite cartoons out of the ones running during that time. I was disappointed to find out it got cancelled shortly after the released the crossover episode with Ben 10. It was at a critical point too from what I remember. That one girl, Circe or something, was turning on Van Kleiss to join Rex. Every show that hits its stride always seems to get cut down before it gets to the really good stuff. It gives me the worst blue balls.

I think it was the last 2D action show besides Omniverse. Hell, the new Ben 10 looks like some kind of animated sitcom.

I wish they hadn't used the most obvious VA

Since they are old shows how do they even measure the popularity? I mean with current internet community they can measure how many still want the show to run. They probably think "3 seasons is enough for this show" and force them to wrap things up. Does the rating system even work?

maybe its harder to make black glow?

Red hair girl was too blatantly a love interest IMO

He didn't even look that much like a monkey

I thought he was a chimp or an orangutan?

He is but he doesn't look like a chimp much either

I liked this guy. He was such an asshole but he didn't fuck around.

He had to put up with a lot of bullshit.

Still weird tho. They said he reached god level of power and yet his reach only cover the earth, not the entire universe.

He got off scott free. Pretty much just dismissed the whole "My brother turned into temporary nanite god" ordeal.

Yeah, her debut episode is not subtle at all. Rex saw her and all he want to do is to convince her to join Providence. "Look, you're hot! Join us so I can stick my dick in you!"

They should have Raiden'd him.

The ending and finale season overall are so rushed I really wonder what else did they plan to pull off but never did. I really hoped that instead of having Van Kleiss go full retard again just for it to turn out he can't use the master nanite anyways, he would side with Rex, having become aware how dangerous the power can be, having suffered so much himself, and provide crucial information that would help defeat the glowy rich fagbots. Also hopefully the ending wouldn't feature such a cliche sequel hook, it really feels like they implemented it just so they could continue the story and use up all the ideas they never got to.

Also, another thing that really pisses me off in these pretty great series with interesting settings, character development and designs? Tropfaggotry. I really feel like MoA are massive tropefags and during character development they were like "Oooh ooh let's have an Animal Sidekick but make a Subversion making him a Deadpan Snarker so he wouldn't turn into a Scrappy!". Like, seriously, despite great creativity it really feels like they played some old cliches just switched around a bit.

You know, I just realized, Providence are pretty much sterile color palette GDI:

I wish they never introduced the Consortium in the first place. It retroactively made the Nanite Project stupid with the whole "lol we scienced so hard we discovered how to magic" supernanite shit.

I mean hell, I would have been perfectly fine with finding out Caesar was the true villain. Hell, it would check out, he's unhinged and obsessed with scientific progress. I wouldn't put it past the guy to orchestrate the whole catastrophe just to advance human evolution or something .

It would even tie in nicely with him making EVO-controlling collars for Black Knight and being the original creator of the murderous AI. He'd build some transmitter system for Providence under the guise of it being a tracking system for EVOs, but then it would turn out he's finishing the project as he intended it, by assuming full control over every nanite-containing organism.

Would work out nice with the whole brother vs brother, freedom vs control thing.

That would've been pretty clever, yeah.

And make sure they want to fuck the same girl to spice things up.

Sadly its too late.

It would've fine if they handled it better.

I never liked the show, I liked the concept however.

The Ben 10 crossover was good

it could also be used to explain Rex's memory loss and how he has some control over other people's nanites.

Yeah

Did they ever make toys?

Yeah but they sold poorly

How they even promote the toys? It looks like a series of unfortunate events. Rex can be super successful if it's released 4 years later when internet finally in full force.

Agent Six is probably one of my favorite characters from that show.

He was a pretty cool guy. Real shame about those memories though.

It was a damn shame that Six is the only one appeared in finale even when there's no. 2 - 5 fellow mercs he can call.

Yep, them. Especially the Rocker chick and the British guy. If they are so good why 6 doesn't enlist them to help Rex in the finale.

It's been a long time since I watched the show, but I think they just didn't care. It's like asking why didn't Providence hire them to fight monsters? I am sure they tried, but they just simply do not care.

Yeah but they owed Rex and 6 after accident with their master 1.

Did they? I remember Rex trying to cure 1, but he was incurable, went Berserk so Rex had to kill him, after which 1 became a bed of flowers. Even if they owed him one, maybe during the finale 6 couldn't find them(maybe they were in Himalayas on a secret mission or something like that). Of course the true reason was because of a rushed ending.

Rex gave him a dignified death, that's something. But yeah, I too blamed the rushed ending.

Why didn't this catch on?

It's …okay it's hard to say since it only lasted two issues before being cancelled

Poor toy sales and poor marketing.

It wasn't very good

I only watched a few episodes when it happened to be on TV. The few episodes that I did watch, I did enjoy, and I might want to watch the entire series at one point. I think my favorite moment from that show, would be in the episode where the reporter chick wanted to do a show on Providence to see if everything is ok, or if it's corrupt and inefficient. At one point they were filming Rex curing Evos who were accompanied by their human family members(say a mother was transformed into an Evo and we see it with it's husband and daughter). One Evo he couldn't cure, and we see how the family is disappointed, they don't accuse him of anything, and then Rex asks the reporter to stop the filming, not because he doesn't want the world to know that he can't cure everyone, but because he doesn't want them to exploit this sad moment. It's a private thing, and people shouldn't meddle in it. I also liked it, because, again it shows that Rex isn't Jesus and there are cases where he can't do anything. From a previous episode we also find out that all the incurable Evos are either killed or sent into cages. My second favorite moment was also from that episode. Rex and co are trying to show them that everything is ok, but then an accident happens so they have to fight the escaped Evos, but they don't want them to film is, they do, and when the show starts Rex is panicking because the UN or whatever might close Providence just for this accident, but thankfully the reporter was in love with six, so all they filmed was six being kawaii uguu, so that she might have even more masturbation material.

I like his voice. Is Jason Spisak doing the voice?
Is he supposed to be a homage to Captain Harlock?

Also forgot to mention is that for some reason six always reminded me of Agent Smith from the Matrix. It always bugged me for some reason.

I guess it was his design and demeanor?

Exactly, but was it intentional? did they just love the matrix movies? was it a coincidence?

Hardly a coincidence. The show shamelessly borrowed ideas from all over – remember Breach's pocket universe that was exactly like Silent Hill?

My main complaint would be the inconsistent tone throughout. Is it dead serious sci-fi, or zany high school comedy? You got the impression the writers didn't really know.

Considering the setting they would've wanted an action cartoon but the higher ups wanted a comedy.

Wasnt there live action bits?

The designs are oddly good

Nice webms

I appreciate the webms, shame the show was more wasted potential than what its worth.

About Hunter Cain (The guy with Army of Two mask and big guns) it still baffle me that during the jailbreak he seems fine working with the infected. He's supposed to be a human supremacist.

Well, it was a jailbreak.

Villains often work together after multiple failings. Especially if their goals are incompatible. Ensuring that even if they win the backstab happens.

Still kinda shitty writing tho. He refused profusely to work with infected people. Remember Watchmen? The prison riot always used for attempted murder. There's literally hundreds or even thousands imprisoned people there why free the equivalent of neo Nazi member?

It The man of action, they arent known for wri

But the original Ben 10 was good…

That was back when they had Glen Murakami working with them.

Glen last work is Beware The Batman as exec producer back in 2011. Well fuck.

If anything, this series had a lot of good looking character designs, for the robots and the monsters.

The designs are decent, but they're out of place in the setting.

Out of place how? It's about nanomachines that pretty much everything goes. Some turned into bug like creature, some turned into weird monstrosity, one turned into four armed waifu (heh)

Maybe I watched too much cartoons but when I saw Breach for the first time my mind went "Oh boy she's going to be Holla Forumsnts waifu isn't she?" so predictable.

Maybe you need to go to the doctor, rumor is too much fapping at a young age can cause impotence in older years.

RIP, he had a decent run.

Cartoon industry treat talents worse than Holywood. They simply ignore Glen after Beware The Batman flopped. Or when CN kicked Genndy out or the creator of Courage never make another animated series.

Why the hell did they do that?

How the heck did that show fail when it had those types of people on board.

Dunno, money perhaps? I heard Genndy left because he felt CN went into different direction when they start making live action series.

BTB was pretty awful for a Batman series. Maybe he got disillusioned after Ben 10? Or there's executive meddling.

I mean I never saw it was it really that bad?

Yes it was. It retreads a lot of older Batman stuff and the new villains are just analogues to older villains like Mr. Pyg is made into an environmental terrorist like Poison Ivy.

Bad? No, more like mediocre, so so, forgettable. We actually did discuss about that series here:

And everyone pretty much agree that for an animated series it's just pretty okay, but as part of the Batman lore it's pretty mediocre.

Damn shame, but at least we have the current JL cartoon.

Remember the crossover?

True

This is one of those crossovers that I feel works. Mainly due to the artstyles actually fitting with each other.

It was surprisingly good, im surpriced they haven't brought rex back like they did with the Secret Saturdays

Wasnt it a best seller on itunes?

Nice compression

I think so, I believe its advertised like it.