Which field?

Which field of programming do you think has the least normies?

I'm thinking webdev probably has the signle highest amount of normies, and embedded probably the least.

What have your experiences been like anons?

x86 assembly. see templeos. embeded is full of 9-5 normalfags. post 2010 webdev is jusd a new clique of normalfags

It's like you don't even want time to work on your own stuff.

The harder the field the less normies. And generally the harder fields that are more professional have Security Clearances, keeps out druggy shitheads because they can't pass a piss test.

People who put in more work and have to know what they're doing don't have time for meaningless bullshit like you find in the lower tiers, its why game dev is so cucked, low barrier of entry and lots of copy and paste shit w/tools to make that easier.

The Spicy Fizzbuzz Guild is very selective, try that one OP

SSI is the only option.

Data science is the new webdevs

Well idiots doing BI and thinking they are dat scientists

OS system development.

Programming.
As in, actual programming. Not webdev, not java.

I have no idea why they call it 'science'. It's a advanced bookkeeping at best. Is there anything else than reporting and data entry this people do?

No by "9-5 normalfag" I mean robots who have no real interests and are fully incorporated in the system. They graduated high school with average to high grades, then college/uni, then got a job working 9-5 so they can pay off their car which they don't really have much use for and mortgage. They have normalfag interests like sports, or maybe Star Trek or Overwatch. Even when they use their car for something it's to some designated robot destination and GPS or some post-GPS app is used the entire way there.

These are the kinds of people who upgrade to Windows 10 because "it's new and free!", and upgrade their 1080p TVs to Smart 4K TVs (which are now known to be used by CIA for spying on people over mic). The whole smart crap market exists because of these people. I was actually interested in a 4K TV but they are all "Smart" because of the normalfag market. These people wear a Google shirt in public. And I can assure you, 99.9999999% of anyone in embedded carries a Smart Phone on person at all times.

Even fags with no friends and who will never get some "emergency call" to come write some code at work. Not to mention they all drive cars with ECU garbage and will gladly embrace autonomous cars. They will get a wife at around 30 to make food for them so they don't have to go to Mcdonalds anymore. Also: drink beer

from a hacker's perspective, they are completely predictable as well. they almost all make the same exact set of mistakes in their code.
meanwhile, embedded fags literally implement their own strcpy in C with a buffer overflow. not exaggerating

I'm not saying it's horrible and unforgivable to drive by GPS or do something in the above list, but it's a defining characteristic of a 9-5 normalfag. They all more or less do all these things.

I don't know anymore OP. I try to avoid the autists, because there's only room for one where I go, but I always end up getting stuck with some ultra autist taking my spotlight.

Data science is a form of systematic study into statistical data, data visualization and data processing techniques. The word science doesn't imply the application of the scientific process into observation of natural phenomena. Data science is a science as much as computer science or political science.

Probably Network administration. The infrastructure side of things: TCP/IP and related technologies. The more user-side of it (nginx, apache) probably gets it's load of blanks.
I used to think System administration but it's getting a shitload of kids who get their Fedora certs and watch youtube videos on How2Leenuks
Embedded systems. A big part of the problem with current technologies is that kids have no regard for the metal anymore. They just want to use the new bells and whistles and syntactic sugar and features of new whacky programming languages. GUI and application development, android, java, all that shit is high level as fuck. Embedded systems on the other hand is not as forgiving and not as flashy. You really need to get down to the metal there.

anonymous imageboard development :^)
but really that depends on your definition of normie

Well, as for difficult fields that are hard to get into, i'd suggest:
Reverse Engineering, finding security vulnerabilities, cracking DRM, that kind of stuff
for example RF receivers often have hardware bugs in parsing the physical layer(i. e. the way data gets de/encoded to RF signals, which is handled in hardware)
As for privacy-conscious people, maybe certain ISP employees?

Nice, you described normalfags very nicely. Though I have to say, there is a difference between drinking a beer once in a while like I do, and seeing all these normal cunts get "wasted" like the idiots they are for the pleasure of their group. I like beer, I don't get wasted or go out drinking.

Tsu? is that you?

Normies really do like their irresponsible drinking habits. I remember one time at work I said that it was dysfunctional to use alcohol to cope with emotional problems and like 3 or 4 people jumped up with scrunched up faces ready to debate me.

Yeah some people handle it like fucking retards.

According to dictionary.com, 'dysfunctional' is defined in relation to social norms. So technically the irresponsible druggie normies may be correct. But then, by that standard eating a healthy diet would be considered dysfunctional in the US, so I'm gonna call the dictionary wrong on this one.

You should have genuinely just called them out as binge alcoholics and referenced a local helpline

High functioning alcoholics are no less addicted than non-functioning alcoholics. One of the reasons why I started getting fit was so that I could get on my high horse and start judging those that use drugs as their vice.

NLP

They're all a bit crazy.

Sage for offtopic.

This. I recently had a girl interested in me and completely fucked it up because of that. I was going through some shit at the same time and was talking to her about it. I brought it up and explained how someone we knew pissed me off due to their using what they went through to justify their alcohol problems. That weekend I ended up blacking out with some normie buddies and talked about my shit to a bunch of people.

She literally hasn't said a word to me since then. In a way, I see it as a good thing on her part. I think it shows that women aren't all unprincipled sluts. I just wish it wouldn't have been me that led to that demonstration of principle.

I think the general age of the field itself is a pretty reliable heuristic.

Yes OP this man is correct.
Become a prostitute.

I did embedded webdev. Headless data gathering devices with serial I/O that send logs over https to a simple dashboard website. Didn't have to work with anyone. It was comfy.

I'd imagine anything that has to do with real programming.