Non shit browser

So I've had arch for a while now and I can't really find a browser thats comfortable yet.
I've tried midori and inox, but midori is buggy as fuck and inox is bloated as shit. Anyone know a browser that can pretty much play youtube and not fuck my privacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2626
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/30
github.com/annulen/webkit/wiki
github.com/The-Compiler
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

qutebrowser?
uzbl for full unix autism?

Try Brave browser, but I recommend the better choice of Firefox + security add-ons and changes to about:config.

qutebrowser

qutebrowser is great but right now lacks some features I think are required to make it the browser or my system.
Firefox or maybe Vivaldi though I don't know how removed that one is from Google.

pale moon

real men use IceCat

I think I'll try qute, it sounds pretty decent even though I have a personal distaste for shit like vi and vim (I can use it, its just I like emacs for big things and nano for small shit more).

Having used vivaldi I recommend not using it as it is a bloated piece of shit that has a terrible ui and you might as well just use w3m if you want t do cool things with the keyboard.

Brave is proprietary so I'm kind of wary of it plus it seems like a comodo clone.

Brave is not proprietary. It is MPL licensed and has a github repo. Vivaldi is proprietary

qutebrowser maintainer here - out of curiosity, what features?

qupzilla is pretty good

I heard a while back that they might be selling user info? Is this not true, I know that its based on chromium and besides the bloat I hear that they're still picking out the google spyware in those spin offs.

people want a good add blocker like ublock origin as well as stuff like HTTPS everywhere and umatrix

isnt he working on that right now?

Don't be a contrarian and use Firefox or the FSF fork.

If you are using GNOME their default browser is comfy
Web fits nicely to the system and it's very light

The greatest thing about it is that when someone mentions Web 2.0 you can do
$ gnome-www-browser --versionWeb 3.22.7

look faggot. i'm using palememe because it takes like 2 seconds to start (which is still bullshit) instead of 20.

Like said there really needs to be some l content control system for the user though most of the stuff one would wish for could be solved if qute would add an add-on framework.
What I'd really like to see native is some way to manage more tabs effectively since right now having more than ten will have you switching through them allot.
New Backend when

Yeah - with per-domain settings and github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2626 it's probably a big step closer to that.

See github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/30 which will be the next big thing to tackle after the new config. Still might take a while, though.

Are you aware of `:set tabs position left` and `:buffer` (gt)?

Many people already use it as their default - and I plan to switch everyone over by default with v1.0 which should happen somewhen later this year.

Firefox or IceCat. Everything else uses either Chromium as a base (so you can be sure there's still some Google shit in the source code somewhere) or WebKit.
WebKit is not very well supported and lacks a lot of HTML5 functionality, so some websites won't look or work well. Most of them have no plugins besides adblocking.
Plus, the lack of support and the weird User Agent makes it easier to fingerprint you.

Firefox or Icecat are the only sane answers.

iridium is pretty comfy

Will you/would you consider maintaining the QtWebkit backend? The QtWebEngine backend is not supported by my device (requires hardware GPU acceleration which I don't have) and renders a black screen.

Does "export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1" change anything for you with QtWebEngine?

But yeah, as long as github.com/annulen/webkit/wiki is maintained and PyQt has wrappers for it, I'll continue to maintain it.

They allow you the option of replacing ads with their own ads. The goal is to make it so that users can earn currency by viewing their ads and use that currency to pay sites that they enjoy using. Completely optional, and that isn't the default setting. The default is just blocking the ads. It is chromium based though so if bloat is a concern then this isn't the browser for you. Eich did mention wanting the browser to be privacy focused, so it isn't a terrible option for anyone that doesn't care about bloat.

Good to hear pretty much every point is in the making

Not the buffer command, is there a way to bind it? Tried to do it but it wants the command and arguments without being able to call the list like you can when manually using it through the commandline

There's plenty of non-shit browsers, but the web is too shit for them to be reliable.

It's already bound to gt, but if you want another binding, bind "set-cmd-text -s :buffer" instead. set-cmd-text sets the command line text, and is also used for the o binding, for example. The -s flag adds a space at the end, which needs a flag because of a conjunction of annoying parsing oddities.

~/.config/qutebrowser/keys.conf lets you see the commands that belong to existing bindings.

Brave is definitely the best of the Chromium-based.

Nope. Brave couldn't get ad publishers to agree and some of them even threatened to sue them if they did that, so they completely retracted all those claims from the website and replaced them with some shit that sounds similar.

Right now Brave receives BTC from users, replaces ads with their own and then pays ad companies; instead of their original claim of paying both users and companies with the BTC earned from their own ads.

Brave couldn't deliver and it's current model makes no fucking sense. If it really paid users to browse the web and see a couple of shitty, non-intrusive ads like they promised, everyone would be using it right now.

Try luakit. It's been revived, and no longer uses the buggy and insecure webkit 1 backend. Also comes with adblock, request policy and things like that.

It doesn't compile with stock webkit2gtk.
Last time I used this I had to compile everything from scratch, lua, luajit, modules for lua, webkit.
Who is to blame?
It had abdlock filter before, also adblocking can be done by a external proxy program (like privoxy), so it is not as important.
I would like to know more about 'request policy' though.

I compiled it with webkit2gtk a few minutes ago. Having to compile everything sounds like a distribution problem.
oops, meant referer control, not request policy. Basically strips the Referer header from requests.

seamonkey or cyberfox

Umatrix faggit, It's been and issue for over a year now.

q better not stand for qt.

It does. qutebrowser is Python+Qt+Webkit/Blink. Actually works really well. Worth trying.

So it's cancer+cancer+cancer? Sound legit.

There is no good browser. All the ones that used to be good have degenerated into shit, and the only actual minimalist ones (eg dillo, links) don't have good enough standards support.

Privoxy can do it too.
Without proper uMatrix and NoScript all these webkit/blink-based browsers are CIA-nigger tier.

Nope. I'm the guy you talked to in IRC who was trying to get qtwebengine running on an archlinux chroot on an android tablet.

github.com/The-Compiler
Why do you have a photo of a retarded guy on your github page?

(not guy) everyone on the chans is an autist.

If there was an objectively not shit browser, we wouldn't have these threads every goddamned day.

Holla Forums is getting so retarded at this point that there's no words to describe it