Tfw your printer needs a proprietary driver

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence#Programmed_obsolescence
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01174360
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't own a printer, precisely for that reason. Last one I had was a postscript laser model rescued from an office. Only one I ever bought myself was an HP Deskjet, back in the 90's. Used it for like 10 years, until it broke, and by that time the market was flooded with all this 3-in-1 junk.

People who think modern solid-state electronics will behave like a forty year old radio with a loose tube are funny.

this, people need to do this, and people who don't need to be shunned

Never bought a printer in my life I always use free second hand ones until they run out of ink or start to become annoying and toss them

>>>/g/

They don't want you to find the planned obsolescence routine that kills the printer after you've printed 2000 pages.

I thought that meme died.

laser printer master race reporting in. Unless you faggots want to print out your waifus in color, just get a monochrome laser printer. they last forever, the ink lasts a long time and doesn't dry out like the bubble jet faggotry normalfags use, and the ink is cheaper. I got one for less than $90, hooked it up to my router and now I can print from my phone if I need to.

I've had a color laserjet for maybe ten years now, it's great but if I try to print anything with a lot of color, the toner seems to half-melt onto the page and leaves smears and strings of goopy shit.

that's so you can enjoy the sensation of licking your printed waifu's pussy you fag.

Print color at a print shop. Only print at home with a black and white laser printer, it's the only type of affordable home printer worth even half a damn.

I've almost never had to use a printer in my life.

haha
haha

haha :)

I bet you don't even know what a flue is, gtfo high-tech low-life fag

My nigga
Electric heating faggots don't know the comfyness they're losing. Instead of being able to be in t-shirt inside their own homes, and being able to be ultra comfy by having some fire going they have to stick to the electric shitty stove for a meagre amount of heat.

You fucking freetards suck the fun out of everything. This isn't /law/, it's Holla Forums. I don't care about what some communist beardkike says about software copyright laws. Wow, he made a text editor and a C compiler, something that any CS undergrad could do. You know what? Clang is better than GCC and Vim is better than Emacs. What's he done in the last 30 years besides whining?

This pasta is undercooked and tasteless

It's not out of the question. I had to squeeze the back of my X200 screen to make it stop displaying funny a few times.

I wish you could be humiliated for your ignorance in a more personal sphere.

do you even serial killer?

Can't someone just make a printer that burns the paper instead of spraying it with liquid gold?

HOW DO I INVEST IN BLACK HP INK?

Due environmental and financial reasons we'll switch from synthetic ink to a natural alternative. We'll also do mandatory weekly blood drives.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence#Programmed_obsolescence

All my keks. It almost seems like a necessity that bad stupid things needs to exist for people to struggle with to remind them not to be cunts. It's almost as if a huge portion of the bad things that happens to people has been bought on them by themselves. Incredibly, not everybody gets this, but instead tries to find some sort of reason behind it all to excuse the stupidity that they themselves contributed to everyday that led them to their misery.

A quick example off the top of my head:

My laser printer requires some Samsung binaries for CUPS to work. I can just manually copy these and the provided .ppd file
/usr/libexec/cups/filter/pstosecps
/usr/libexec/cups/filter/rastertospl
/usr/lib/libscmssc.so
/usr/share/cups/model/Samsung_M2022_Series.ppd

Could be way better (FOSS, out of the box just werks, cheaper toner) but atleast it doesn't require some 150MB bloatware that connects to internet and nags you like on Windows.

just get an old 90's laser, Kyocera, Brother, OKI, etc that supports generic PostScript, which is the closest thing to free software.

show me a printer that has fully FOSS drivers+software then

In another news, brother website sells like new refurbished printers for dirt cheap with full warranty.

Go fuck yourself. It's exactly what makes this board cancer: faggots who think fun isn't allowed.

It's the funposters that are cancerous. Serious business means the board will not evolve into cancer by definition.

support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01174360

Yeah, whatever.