Getting files from one computer to another

where roughly do you fit in this spectrum?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/OExoO] https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malware-uses-obscure-intel-cpu-feature-to-steal-data-and-avoid-firewalls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i fit in the use a usb to share my files spectrum

I'm off the known spectrum I'm so 1337

I collapse the waveform into a state where cosmic radiation flips the correct bits on the other computer.

Either using an USB stick, or by encrypting the file and storing it on Dropbox, for things that aren't really worth protecting

I've done the netcat on both ends. It's literally the most obvious way to do it.

die

What's the problem, an lot of people say it like that :^)

pleb

you should not even need to halt the machine, just send a rewind command, turn off the unit, pick the tape containing the file and move it on your target machine. you could carry several hundreds of megabytes with you in a simple suitcase or messenger bag! it's absolutely secure and faster than the internet, but this depends of you.

Way too paranoid to use USB sticks from China. I use sftp to get the gpg encrypted files from one computer to another.

I use Intel AMT SOL with the computer turned off.
[archive.is/OExoO] https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malware-uses-obscure-intel-cpu-feature-to-steal-data-and-avoid-firewalls/

Running netcat on both ends is usually convenient enough. If it's anything more involved I typically just run a FTP server. If I'm sharing files with total strangers I use some filehost or associated service depending on the medium, but I rarely do that.

I use rsync over ssh.

Sorry m8, it's late
Pronounced it German in my head, so oo-es-bay

I just use filezilla. Like I could do scp or some shit too but fuck it filezilla is comfier and I don't have to type out long-ass filenames because I'm trying to move [160309] TVアニメ「この素晴らしい世界に祝福を!」キャラクターソングアルバム「唄う我らに臨時報酬を!」[320K].

ssh with either sftp or rsync

boofed usb stick

sftp with ssh is enough, but you can encyrpt the files with gpg first for additional paranoia points, and use your sftp client over Tor for more layers of encryption, and use your ssh server as a hidden service.

I just upload/download to/from gdrive tbh... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please be caught up in the nearest explosion

You cannot hear a difference above 128K

I have a samba4 server.

[email protected]/* */:~/ $ sudo service sshd start[email protected]/* */:~/ $ scp [email protected]/* */:~/CP.tar.xz .

I use flash drives.

Look sometimes they have what you want in flac and sometimes they don't. That's the nature of obscure anime music torrents.

flash drive, if I'm feeling too lazy to get up and get a flash drive then sftp

What's wrong with scp via ssh?

Only popular on image boards, Japan didn't like it enough to even get a 3rd season because Japan had shit taste.

This. SFTP is great fit these kinds of things.

Welcome to the Emacs shell~ $ cp /ssh:[email protected]/* */:path/to/file .

Where's the sauce

SFTP with passwords disabled.

Anyone ever had a look at their SSH logs? It's amazing how many bots are out there trying to crack some random nobody's SSH RSA key at any given time.

RS232 & zmodem

Block all from "chinks, united_states_of_israel, cccp, huehue, eastern_block_shitholes, worst_korea .. etc"
a.k.a. only allow "my_computer(s), fuck buddy, very business" ip-ranges."

I use scp. I invalidated the spectrum.

This. When it comes to ITSec, whitelist > blacklist, always.

Yes, I thought they were only trying passwords though.

Why is scp more popular than sftp?

I have my ssh as a hidden service so I can access it even if my ip changes.
I use HiddenServiceAuthorizeClient stealth

One less letter.

Lol. Ward? Ward Cristenson? Is that you?

I use IPFS.

I just use mail

Print the program listing on my dot matrix. Then type it into the other computer, adjusting code as needed.

is this actually a thing? doesnt really sound like the cleverest thing to do, whats the point to waste resources to crack something that is simply not worth the attempt?

The botnet needs to do something in its down time, why not have it trying to spread itself constantly when you're not using it to DDoS or send out another round of spam emails?

It's very common with passwords. That's probably what they were thinking of.

Add /etc/ssh/sshd_config
AllowUsers USERNAME USERNAME2 ...
and restart sshd

The second season has averaged 10,000 sales per volume, which makes it very successful. There's no third season because the second one just ended. There was a year long gap between season one and two.