Classical Art Thread

my art folder is low, time for a western/classic art thread

Oil paintings, sculptures, general white European art is welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/pol/res/7347169.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

test

We've arleady got an art thread here: 8ch.net/pol/res/7347169.html

Who did that second one, OP? Wish you fellas would keep the names in the uploads.

Hm, I did have them sorted via folders. I'll switch up my naming scheme next time around.

Is it degenerate to fap to this?

If you do, it's probably the least degenerate thing you could choose

holy fuck every time i see that veiled statue it seriously gives me the fucking shivers. same feeling as a good song, but to get it from physical art (and a picture of physical art no less) is rare indeed.

i wish more than anything i could have grown up in a society that put this much importance on art. for example, whatever happened to taking kids who are very talented, and allowing them to apprentice under real masters of crafts? or shit, what ever happened to the idea of a scholar/monk who doesnt have to work a shit job and instead is allowed to focus solely on his craft? im certain these types of talented people still exist. hell, we probably have more of them than ever, given how many more people there are today. but without the time, experience, and resources that artists were given in the past, they are doomed to mediocrity (atleast in comparison with these classical masters). arts programs in schools are always the first to be cut. not that i really agree with how arts are taught in schools, but the exposure and experience in early life is hands down THE most important factor in developing such skills.

you always hear people say that art is dead, but i disagree. art is alive and well. it is the appreciation for art that is dead. sad too, as physical art is something that can unite every single human being on the planet besides the blind. it and music are the true lingua francas. and so much less susceptible to subversion than written languages.

I'm digging the Vasiliev

Norman Rockwell was fucking fantastic.