Phoenix died today

Phoenix died today.

A week after I found out about it.

This was pretty much the only Kodi plugin I needed; does anyone know of some similar alternatives?

Since it happened today even the TvAddons community doesn't seem to know what to do....

I'm so depressed I can't even move;
which is unfortunate since I can't even drown myself in pirate television now.

Yup. Its called an old laptop + hdmi cable + wireless keyboard with touchpad mouse + stream files from your main pooter and have the desktop full of links to streaming sites.

Suit yourself, pleb.

I didn't buy anything?

What the fuck are you on about?

Also, I should be more specific.

Just looking for "Public Playlists" alternatives.

24/7 channels, stuff like that.

Also trying to figure out if there's a way to still get to stuff like Dr. Streams even though Phoenix is gone now.

exodus/fusion?

I didn't start this out with a sufficient amount of info; I apologize for that.

I already have Exodus.

Don't think I have Fusion.

I am more looking for public playlist addons that scrape streaming sites.

Also open to other addons, always am.

24/7 stuff, essentially, both for TV shows and Movies.

As soon as I get back from work I'll see about a list of my addons.

It's fairly short, since I just recently got Kodi again after not having it since it was XMBC.
(Pretty much just have the apps that TVAddon's Indigo Addon installs with an 'auto-setup')

I really do appreciate the input, it's always nice to see what addons other people are using.

Exodus is the plugin name and Fusion is the repo. someone correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't really pay attention

that's what I have now, and aside from Exodus, nothing fucking works. at least the shit I tried
does anyone know of any streams that have live football I mean soccer? my father would like that. he uses kodi more than I do

What have you tried so far?

The only thing that isn't really working for me

CCloud and that's because it's streaming IPTV

I'm not much of a sports fans but I know there are TONS of addons just for that and sections dedicated for sports on most general unoffical video addons.

What I would recommend is configuring the settings of each addon you want to use.

Also, I assume Sportdevil and Sportie since those come in the auto-install.

Phoenix had a sports section, but like I said, they have passed on now.

If I see anything when I get back home I'll post it here for you or whoever is interested but I'm sure someone will beat me to the punch.

Fixed

I don't remember. they were random choices. I'm not saying everything is broket, I just didn't have luck when I was trying stuff out

I probably didn't. I'll give them a shot, thanks

Not a problem

Ah, I see. Happy to help.

Speaking of your Father watching Sports on Kodi- I built a couple 'Kodi Boxes' on the cheap for my Ma' and my Grandparents.

Obviously had to get everything set up for them;
and with my Grandparent's I helped put everything on the "Favorites" tab for easy access... But they're able to use it, which is what maters.

Speaking of which, I'm going to replace the old Lenovo Mini Wireless with one that's back-lit;
after I do that I think I might build another box as a gift and pair it with my old Wireless Mini Keyboard to use as a remote.

Since we are in the subject, any good add-on for watching sports?

did that as well

see

The reason this shit died was because people were literally throwing together pi boxes, preloading them with Kodi and these pirate addons, and advertising it to all the normies as a "TV box with free movies forever".

It wasn't just some obscure thing for pirates to enjoy. It was literally commercialized by everyone, bought by everyone, and owned by a fuckton of people who doesn't even know what a "torrent" is.

So obviously Hollywood and Co would get pissed the fuck off and start throwing money at literally every politician and judge to make it stop. And so it did.

You are entirely at fault for choosing a method of piracy that was so immensely publicized.
And you are even more at fault for not expecting it to happen, and for not seeing the warnings popping up literally every week on news sites like torrentfreak about how Hollywood is working their ass to the bones to make things like Phoenix fuck right off.

Both dead.

Don't phoenixes just rise from their ashesa gain anyways?

Except replacement extensions have already taken the place of Phoenix. Hence the name.
PHOENIX. Are you seriously going to cry that Pirate TV is dead? Didn't they say the same thing about video games time and time again?

Nothing is dead except a plugin.

Also, you're blaming the end-user, while literally admitting that "Hollywood" is the problem.

If we aren't allowed to discuss this on an anonymous tech forum then where can we discuss it?

Ccloud also has more Sports Channels than I can count IIRC

Fortunately everything still works too if you have it set up in your "Favorites" since all Phoenix did in the first place was scrape streaming sites.

It's really no huge loss, since one could just re-release the exact same plugin under a different name.

well shit

Television is for faggots, so I wouldn't know