Abandoned Retail

Anyone else find images of once-massive retail stores disturbing yet also depressing and nostalgic?

Will Millennials know of any retail stores that aren't Walmart and Target?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsolar panel.TRS0&_nkw=solar panel&_sacat=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also Blockbuster

>a really old Montgomery Ward building to the north of me has been dormant for 20 years, it's in danger of collapsing, but has been picked clean
>a Game Exchange outlet south of me has been empty for 13 years, the sign is still up. GameStop or the internet are now my only options

Serious question, why basement dwellers dont move there? No mom telling you what to do, comfy, big, can tell chicks that you are against the system, and people will believe that you are an adult .

kek. roastie pls.

no. only when good thrift shops open and close relatively quickly due to poor location.

honestly even when my family got a Gateway 2000 back in 1995 (with win3.1), it came on a UPS truck in a series of boxes.

why even live?

I am serious.

Sargon had a video on that.

damn pirates putting my minimum wage dvd girls out of work

Seeing as 'millenials' are considered anyone born after Jan. 1, 1980 there are plenty of us who have known retail stores other than Walmart and Target.

every time I turn around that date moves farther back, in 3 years Millennial will be redefined as anyone born after 1975

For business marketing purposes a millenial is anyone born between 1980-2005.
As someone born in the early 80's I find the entire concept asinine. They need a separate category for those of us who grew up when kids didn't have cell-phones, a computer in every home (or your pocket), high-speed Internet access, and 400 channels on the TV.

The original mall in my town was built in the 50s or 60s. It was later eclipsed by a big mall. Its last years as an indoor mall was in the 90s, before the common areas were walled off and it was converted into a shopping center. All the store entrances are from the outside. It was built on the edge of a big nigger ghetto, so one might assume the niggers ruined it. They left the main entrance somewhat intact, there's 4 doors and when you walk in they left one corridor to walk down with 3 shops, the rest is walled off. I walked past a Black hair salon, a Chinese nail salon, and at the end of the corridor there is a Chinese laundromat. I thought there would be a turn around the protruding brick column at the end, but nope, it was walled off.

Back in the '90s, the place was bustling. There were some cool places to eat and a dollar movie theater. The big mall up the street combined with mooncrickets hobbling over from the ghetto were its undoing.

I feel you , that cutoff used to be '85 and the Millennial generation. The date just keeps slipping back as the boomers and older Xers try to set up hegemony to save there asses. It also relieves them of the guilt of the fucked up economy and housing market they left us. have you ever listened to an older xer wax poetic about he importance of a budget or living within there means wile comfortably in the upper middle class working a trade? 5 years ago my budget left me $600 a month after bills, now it's about $250, I've even managed about a $5 hourly boost in that time. You can't spend money in Best Buy or Circuit City if you don't have money to spend… Thank God gas prices went down a bit.

I've noticed the date changing too. Anyone born after 1836 is a millennial tbqh

Okay can we define a millennial? I'm 24 and remember Ames, K-mart (circle K as well though they are different companies), Sam Goody/Suncoast, Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, Radioshack, Circuit City and Funcoland.

Its the people born post-9/11 that have no idea of the world before them.

Agreed. I may technically be a millennial, but I'm fucking 30

How the fuck are you going to faggot all over the internet if the building you're living in doesn't even have electricity and your autism bux aren't even close to the amount you'd need to get it running again?

You don't get that much in autism bux in the US.
Literally everyone that lives on welfare here is either living with their parents, living in squalor, or does literally nothing else besides shitpost on the internet and has no need to impress anyone in the first place and defeating the purpose of appearing like an adult that's against the system.

'MERICA!

Get a work then, restore damaged electronics and sell them, dont know, in my shitty land with 500 dollars i have enough for a pc.

I remember growing up everyone was calling us Gen Y. Fuck, it was even our grad theme.

Then I started hearing about millenials. I had assumed it was the next generation after me, which would make sense as I am now old enough that there's another generation. Then people started defining the dates, and to my surprise I was included in it. Now I start noticing the date turning back and back, getting into the Gen X territory.

It appears its become the baby boomer's bad word they can use on the generations below them. Like many have said already they fucked up, and this whole millenial labelling is just a cover for their fuckups.

To make it clear, I also defy the typical whining of unaffordability and blaming our issues on the fomer generations. Everyone's dealt the hand their given and needs to make the best of it, bitching about baby boomers for the most part accomplishes nothing.

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsolar panel.TRS0&_nkw=solar panel&_sacat=0

Oh I have a job, I'm just wondering why anyone fantasizes about doing elaborate shit with neetbux.
I've been on welfare before, it's a miserable fucking existence unless you really, truly desire to shitpost all day every day, because good luck affording anything more expensive than a shitty anime figurine.

For people like you is that Holla Forums exists.

Chilly what is that even supposed to mean?
I have a job so I'm a nazi larper?

Try visiting a junk yard sometime and looking through people's old cars. You see all the shit they still had in their cars when the vehicles got hauled in and I'd say that elicits a similar feeling.

I'd imagine if one could go back in time and walk around in "the old neighborhood" even for a few minutes, it would make one suicidal on return.

I always question what causes a car to get there.
last time i was there I was pulling shit off for my car off a car that had a MUCH MUCH better shell/paint than mine. seemingly no damage or rust

If the body is in good shape a lot of the time it is a chronic engine or transmission failure, if the repair costs more than a newer car a lot of folks ditch

just seems sad in a way, even if one of those happened it's less than $500 for a junkyard engine/trans on that model. now they're going to crush a good shell.

Born in 1980 = 37 years old, remembers the fall of the Berlin Wall, collapse of USSR, grew up without home internet (until teens, maybe, then dialup), no cell phones, no smartphones, was 20/21 when 9/11 happened, was old enough for "quarter-life crisis" when 2005 people were born, old enough to be married and have had all the kids they're going to
Born in 2005 = 12 years old, always known ubiquitous broadband internet, smartphones, social media, "um, Cold War? just wear a coat tbh lol [700 emojis follow]", don't remember any presidents but Obama and Trump, just hitting puberty

That's real retarded, sir.

I knew it started in 1980 but this 2005 cutoff is news to me. A Millenial should at least remember the Bush years.

I was born in 1984, remember the Berlin Wall drop and the end of the Cold War, remember when faggots were in the closet and niggers knew their place, got my first Internet connection in 1992 and my first cell phone in 2003 (but my father got one in 1998 IIRC for business).

reported

where is the birdy?

Yeah, they get junked for different reasons. Could just be because the drivetrain was fucked.

From what I've read, Millennials are born from 1980-1995.
I'm 21 and just barely missed being a part of the only generation that happened to be worse than the Baby Boomers in terms of ego.

Nope. Early 1980s are Generation X.

ffs, the baby boom only ended in the early to mid-1960s. Are "generations" only 10-15 years now?

Get out pedo

How is any generation worse than boomers? Given the circumstances of the boomer generation any level of 'ego' on their part would be reprehensible, they litterally ended the zenith of the west.

A 15 year generation is totally possible, there is a stark contrast in the behavior of people who grew up without the internet and people who grew up with it.
If there is a cultural gap between people of a certain age, it is usually considered a shift in the generations. The cause for this being raised in a wedge between two societal paradigms; the cold war, and the internet. I'm aware that this time frame was only roughly about 6 years long, but you still have to account for other factors, such as the time in which it took for American regions to implement the ubiquitous use of the internet, and the time in which it takes for a child to gain a meaningful awareness of the world around them, this lengthens the span of the generation to around 15 years.
I don't see how my understanding of cultural shifts in society make me a pedophile.

While the Boomers might have set the ball rolling when it came to degeneracy in the west, Millennials chased after that ball, strapped rocket boosters on the side, and made it roll even faster downhill, and with more force than ever. They had the opportunity to stop degeneracy at a time where it was still at a manageable lull, but instead they embraced it have proceeded to push it onto everyone who didn't conform, while acting as if they are on the right side of history for doing so.

Actually, since there's no certifying authority on the matter, different people will tell you different things.

Good. Big outlet stores and malls are inefficient and expensive.

They typically takeover the other shops nearby and make a large amount of money for a money grabbing owner.

Every shop in a mall pays rent twice, once for the shop and once for the mall.Why be an idiot and support that with your purchase?

People wised up. Brody from mallrats was right,flea markets are the best. Basically no overheads,so cheap goods.