Linux BTFO again

Huh, that wasn't so hard now was it loonixfags?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Startup_Disk_Creator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box
web.archive.org/web/20170601111657/http://wiki.c2.com/?TheKenThompsonHack
yro.slashdot.org/story/16/06/10/1350245/visual-studio-2015-c-compiler-secretly-inserts-telemetry-code-into-binaries?SetFreedomCookie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANT_(network)
www-ssl.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/core-vpro-2nd-generation-core-vpro-processor-family-paper.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system_Wi-Fi_support#Microsoft_Windows
wired.com/2015/07/researchers-hack-air-gapped-computer-simple-cell-phone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

motherfucker inb4ed me

?????????????????

It's like you want the NSA in your business. GNU+Hobo is the future, windows is finished.

Why I don't use Linux:
I'm not a programmer
X11 is garbage
Graphics drivers are garbage
No Adobe Premiere
No Rufus
VPN leaks my IP
gayms

You don't need to be

true... but thats not a deal breaker

fixable.

They won't waste any of your hard earned bandwidth, user. They're not complete assholes.

I am a programmer and don't use Linux.

This is what loonix fanatics don't want you to know: Most programmers don't use loonix. That's why there's so much more software for windows.

Half the programs I'd want to use have no binaries for Linux. I don't want to spend hours figuring out compilers and dependencies just to try a program that I will probably not stick with. OK compiling from source isn't programming. Dont care tbh

My girlfriend gets paid ~$70k a year to use Premiere and Avid Media Composer. She is not going to quit her job just so she can switch to OpenShot or Blender.

Didn't work for me. The files copied but my mobo won't boot from dd'd USB's. I followed the instructions, set the boot flag in gparted, blah blah blah. I think dd probably worked better before UEFI was a thing. Unetbootin, WinUSB, etc dont work, either

So I should use a lump of shit because you don't know how to use Windows without getting v&

Why own a computer if it cant get work done

Windows doesn't have usable wifi. It barely even has a functioning TCP stack, they only got TCP-CUBIC this year and it's off by default

gross

Install Gentoo

in all seriousness there is no fag that will ever respect not connecting his pc for ever.
I give it two weeks at best.

You don't need to be
You're not a programmer but you can judge the software ?
Using Propietary software (and malware).
Using Propietary software (and malware).
Blender is your friend.
"usb-creator-gtk"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Startup_Disk_Creator
Wut.jpg and even if it's fixable.
They exist you're just being retarded consumerist faggot for letting EA fisting your ego/consumer_experience up to your rectum.

To bad the companies are renting the software you need instead of selling it to you.
Being lazy
Being a lazy defeatist
Why do you even post here ?

Brainwashed girlfriend that was trained since school to use mac and other cult like software.
Surprised ?
Literately not an adapted tool for premiere pro users.
She could but seeing how lazy you are she probably is the same has you.
UEFI was a mistake and is a security vulnerability

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box

web.archive.org/web/20170601111657/http://wiki.c2.com/?TheKenThompsonHack
yro.slashdot.org/story/16/06/10/1350245/visual-studio-2015-c-compiler-secretly-inserts-telemetry-code-into-binaries?SetFreedomCookie
That's why the world is burning.
INSTALL GENTOO

Oh look it's the daily "hate on Holla Forums's choice of OS while I shill my normalfagOS thread".

Fucking plebs, I swear

that doesn't stop the majority of Holla Forums :^)

IMPORTANT REMINDER!
On modern devices, mostly phones but perhaps also laptops, even if you disconnect ethernet and disable wifi, ANT networks will always be running ANT cannot be turned off
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANT_(network)

You are fucked

Gave me a chuckle

Or you could stick to ultrasound for data exfiltration. What a (((coincidence))) that all HDA Intel chipsets support 192kHz.

Check mate winfags.

I am a programmer that also uses Windows.
And programming is far more convenient on Linux.

I am a programmer and use Linux.
This is what windoze fanatics don't want you to know: Quality programmers don't use windoze. That's why there's so much poo in the loo software for windows.

Can't I just user linux because I like it?

use*, fuck.

wtf

No, because how can you be safe from the spooky NSA and FBI.

All these niggers.

The real problem with normie OSs is that they work, but ONLY in ways the developers want the consumers to use them in. Every other path is pain.
Not to mention the moral and ethical decisions behind it all

Look, just face it. If you're a fucking normie and you only use your Windows to check Facebook, use shitty proprietary software, and expect the very simplistic things you do with it to "just work", then keep using your shitty system. Just keep in mind you are being watched by machines constantly (and humans in the case of teams of people being employed to sift through your OneDrive files to find infringing and illegal content), you have no power over what your OS chooses to do ex. update or never get any more ever, you are supporting an industry that dominates the market and abuses it to sell more shit that no one cares about and shill poor trends, you are supporting people that pay game devs to use the latest DirectX so anyone not using Windows suffers and have them enter marketing deals where their new games will be for Windows 10 ONLY, and overall you should not be on this board.

If any of that scares you or disgusts you, switch to anything that isn't Windows or Mac and deal witn little to none of it. You will be expected to not be complete retard, learn to read man pages, and understand that not everything will work the first time, but that's okay because there are a lot of smart people you can ask to help you.

And, if all else fails and your muh free software solution isn't working or your shitty anime game isn't launching on Wine, just fucking run 10 in a hypervisor and give it your graphics card and you're fucking done, this process works for every major GNU/Linux and BSD distribution so you have no excuse other than being a lazy shit.

TLDR user is tired of your shit winfags

The problem with the GNU OS likewise is everything was designed in favor of the developers over the overall user experience. If you're a developer or can appreciate the level of flexibility GNU/Linux gives you then its great! GNU and Windows are equally shit in their own separate ways

I disagree. Linux was created because Torvalds needed to get shit done and nothing else was cutting it (4.3BSD was stuck in legal hell else he would have used it). It isn't a platform just for "developers", it's a platform for people to get shit done. Maybe that statement was valid 10+ years ago when it took obscene effort to accomplish simple tasks with a non-consumer system, but all that work has been done for you already by now and it only takes you to learn what commands to execute to get your specific type of shit done. The framework is solid and complete, and more is being done in these areas to help refine it daily. There are many GNU/Linux distros designed simply enough for even a normie to use, like Ubuntu or Mint.
"User experience" is a meme. If you mean UX as in allowing absolute retards to use the system, as I said above just keep using Windows. If it works for you, keep doing it and don't judge people that choose to go further. But if you understand UX as meaning the ease at which a user can pick new ideas and methods presented to them, and can use those methods effectively and sanely, then there is nothing wrong with GNU/Linux, the BSDs, or etc open systems.
The illusion of little to no effort is not good UX, especially if it gets in your way when you want to do something different. An analogy would be that Windows is a chauffeured car that can take you to a considerably large but still limited number of areas and you don't have to drive, with the caveat that if it breaks down, there's a big fucking plastic cover on the engine preventing you from even investigating what the problem is, let alone fix it. Meanwhile, GNU/Linux and other open systems are offroad monsters; you'll have to learn to drive it and rarely you might have to pop the hood and fix it, but at the end of the day it's just like any other car and it can take you anywhere you choose to go, and will be wholly more reliable. Of course, you may have trouble driving on roads expressly designed for the fancy consumer cars, but detours often exist.

Please note that this comes from someone who was a winfag for most of their life, and I only switched to nonconsumer systems in the last few years and I already am fully convinced I wasted my time trying to get Windows to work the way I wanted it to when everything is so much easier on the other side for most things.

I need to fucking sleep to stop ranting before I punch something.

not everyone uses shit languages like c

You don't need to be an expert to appreciate the flexibility of GNU or Linux. There's nothing wrong with asking a friend for help if you need help. There's also nothing wrong in hiring a consultant to get advice about using your software.

there three different programs that do exactly the same think you fucking moron, what the fuck is wrong with you.

Ya never know. Intel's made fancy CPUs that let your PC get accessed over the 3G network and seize control of your PC.

Page 5: www-ssl.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/core-vpro-2nd-generation-core-vpro-processor-family-paper.pdf

Hmm.. really tickles the GPU

b-but muh open software :((
i-i-ill fix it!! ;(((

lol, Linux is a broken piece of shit. 30 years and the majority of operating systems are stuck in the 90s.

Unlikely
you lose. i win

Being this racist in current _year+2

>muh spooks
>>>Holla Forums

Where do you think you are?

true. if you're freind helps you with something he can teach you about it
Wrong. if you hire someone to use your software for you then you stay stupid and stay paying for their service.

A nigger chimps out because he can't understand computers, what the problem with Windows?

so what, you need to be a hipster fucko on mac to use Go?
...actually, that makes a lot of sense! thanks user, i tip my fedora

Wrong.

It's time to stop, Holla Forums.

i dont read effortposts

The true BTFO here is how many replies this thread has.

ITT:

no

You know, there is malware that can break an airgap

I like how there's fags shitting on this thread while also bumping it to the front page, Summer is in full force I guess

How many others have just entirely lost sympathy for anyone using widows? His OS could actually rape his little sister and I would blame him

lal

maybe that's what needs to happen so people stop using windows

No I don't know that.

BAZINGA X{D

neither am I, retard
nobody seriously thinks X is good.
then download the proprietary ones that you have on Windows if you don't like them you fucking imbecile.
yeah and Windows doesn't have Final Cut Pro, who gives a shit?
hey guys I just looked it up and apparently there's more than one software in existence. crazy, right?
no it doesn't
beatingdeadhorse.jpg

You're not a cook but you can judge the food?

This is blatant b8.

I managed to plug that leak by disabling (((systemd-resolvd))), which I had never installed but Poettering did for me. Nowadays when something doesn't work as it should my first step is to see if (((systemd))) duplicates that functionality.

C# faggot detected

If you are literally too retarded to run every game for windows in wine then kill yourself.

it's like you want the aids or something.

Are you calling to write .html .php web pages "programming"?
Hahahahah

That's not true. Nice try kike.

Well, well, well, let's not get ahead of ourselves here, shall we?
Her job description does mention using "Premiere and Avid Media Composer"; and she does get paid $70k p.a.

Now what this empowered womyn does on her knees under her boss's table is none of your business, alright? Slut-shaming is bad, and you will get reported to HR is you say something like this out loud.

Welcome to CURRENT_YEAR.

I've used nothing but linux since Windows Vista was the new OS and I have constant hardware issues. Right now I'm on Ubuntu Studio and there's fucked up issues that I just can't fix, my 4k monitor keeps screen-tearing, the audio is all fucked and doesn't work because it needs an audio driver, and everything runs slow. I seriously hate Windows for many reasons but I have been using Windows 10 lately with nothing but linux programs (Krita, Gimp, OBS, Dota 2, etc.) except I use greenshot for screencaps and Notepad++ instead of Kate. Every single fucking thing on linux is broken, I can only use it for shitposting, everything else runs poorly and isn't properly supported, and I've tried out:

Linux Mint KDE, Linux Mint Cinnamon, Ubuntu Gnome, and Ubuntu Studio (Xfce based) just this week.

Everything never works. I also have older computers that I've been waiting for various fixes for, and after many years and years of waiting, they still haven't released updates that fix fucking anything.

I love Linux but it doesn't support properly any hardware made within the last 8 years or so.

Blender is one of the few things on linux that is absolutely perfect though. I use it on Windjews. What is your problem with Blender?

Main reason I use linux most of the time and not windows is because linux gives me way more freedom to customize the shit out of everything and because I have the windows managers and filesystems on Windows.

How do I shitpost on a text version of Holla Forums like in that pic?

install elinks or links (elinks is better imo).

note that to solve the captcha it's necessary to install a pajeetbrowser (but javascript not required fortunately).

maybe stop installing 100+ deps DEs that are known to be shit?
get something simple like LXQT/LXDE if you deseperately need your GUI fix, or just get i3/sway/dwm/ratpoison and learn to use urxvt like a good little autist
consider trying different distros (Slackware/Gentoo) or different systems (BSDs) before crawling back to normieland

if not:
screen tearing: install good compositor instead of the garbage that ships with most DEs (or use wayland/weston) and turn on vsync
audio: remove pulse and other garbage, use ONLY alsa/oss, actually try to unfuck configs
everything else: don't buy your pc at bestbuy and understand that the kaby lake x is not worth the price or your time and just buy compatible hardware that works just as good.

My PC has never ever been available at Best Buy. I got it direct from Dell.

why are you using windows 10.

The wireless antenna is behind the screen so the gubberment can still steal your internets with their satellites.

lel

I really cant tell if this is bait or not. Just install Arch via Antergos and you will never have issues.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system_Wi-Fi_support#Microsoft_Windows
you're an idiot.

This just in, your airgap "security" just got btfo.

wired.com/2015/07/researchers-hack-air-gapped-computer-simple-cell-phone/

You've lost the game as soon as anybody gets physical access to your machine. These attacks require malware preinstalled in order to control your machine. A properly secured machine won't allow remote control but it won't hide its computer processes.

Huh, that wasn't so hard now was it windowsfags?

I pulled out the powercord now hak it fgt

how can you post without power? checkmate fgt

Let me create a quick link for myself.
>>>/suicide/

how about you create good threads instead of replying to bait threads?
antisage btw

dubs < trips
/thread

ITT alphabets shill against linux - again