Cryptocurrencies

I was going to make this thread a while ago but did not and now I feel bad because what I said was going to happen in that thread, if I had created it, is now happening.

Cryptocurrencies are going to skyrocket and have started doing so already. Bitcoin is kind of useless now as a profitable investment but the new up and comers are going to do very well.

This is an easy way for Holla Forums NEETs to make some extra cash instead of it sitting in the bank.

Here are the main players that have a very good future IMO:

1. Ethereum - Although it doubles as a currency, its main feature is that it is a programmable blockchain that decentralized apps/smart contracts can be coded on. This technology is insane when it comes to its potential application. If you want to make bitcoin-early-adopter tier profits I would get in on this.

2. Monero - This is just a currency like bitcoin but it is fully anonymous and payments are not public (unlike bitcoins public ledger). The darknet has started adopting it for its markets because of its anonymity.

3. DigixDAO - This is a gold backed cryptocurrency where the tokens are exchangable for real gold held in a singaporean vault.

4. Ripple - This is a system that is being picked up by banks for inter-bank settling between each other. Some hedgefund purchased 30m worth but it has been trending down since.

5. Bitcoin - Will continue trending upwards slowly unless something big happens. IMO the price is already too high to make large profits and it has some issues with it that the other cryptocurrencies have solved. The best you could get would be perhaps a doubling of your money, whereas the others could 5x, 10x and beyond.

Markets can be found here: coinmarketcap.com

A good place to buy Bitcoin and Ether is here: coinbase.com

I recommend getting into Ethereum, Digix, and Monero (in that order).

Are there any other traders on Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Quantum_computers_would_break_Bitcoin.27s_security
bits.media/en/bitcoin-myths/#26
ethereum.org/
github.com/ethereum/mist/releases
github.com/ethereum/mist/releases/download/0.8.3/Ethereum.Wallet.Setup.0.8.3-ia32.exe.zip
github.com/ethereum/mist/releases/download/0.8.3/Ethereum.Wallet.Setup.0.8.3.exe.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=xUNGFZDO8mM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is there a way to make crypto-currency usury-proof? Otherwise they are pretty much worthless for our causes.

Crypto Currencies are pretty much useless.

There is little to no security, and no one from the general public is ever going to use it. its too complicated.

If you want to be a smart goyim, buy gold and silver on the dips. Buy the stock market once it crashes after Trump is elected. Should drop 15-25% percent.

Again, crypto currencies are a total sham.

But if you are going to buy one, I'd recommend DASH Coin

(continued)
That being said, it is entirely possible that BTC can skyrocket 1 last time.
I was reading the fractals, and they suggested a major drop [bitfinex robbed itself]… & then a major spike upward.
We haven't seen that spike upward yet, and the longer it takes, the less likely it is to happen.

I've always been interested by crypto currencies. But I haven't had much excess cash to put into it.

It doesn't matter if its useless (they arent, and I disagree that normies won't be able to use it at some point), you can still make money off it. More and more money is flowing in because the world economy is going to shit. Of course it is more important to buy real survival items first like guns food etc. But this is a way anons can make some extra guaranteed money on the side by doing nothing.

Currency not backed by specie is not money.

Too many happenings today OP. You can get better quality discussion on less happening days.

Tsk tsk tsk

The intrinsic value of cryptocurrency is the hashpower and electricity required to create those hashes that secure the network

Dash is bad because it uses masternodes, its not as purely decentralized as Monero. Zcash is something to look out for though.

Intrinsic value =! monetary value

The intrinsic value of paper money is the labor required to produce the paper. The monetary value is government backing.

You can't pay for normie utilities with cryptocurrencies. Governments will not allow it. What use is a currency if you can't use it to pay rent or buy food? Almost all cryptocurrencies are effectively backed by government backed currencies.

For a time bitcoin was backed by drugs, giving it an advantage over other forms of currency, but it got honeypotted quick.

If you're at a point where you need guns and ammo, the electricity grid/internet has already gone.

THE GOAL OF CRYPTO CURRENCIES

Is to steal money from stupid goyim. That is it.

ANYONE, WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND TRADING, OR HACKING, SHOULD NEVER USE CRYPTO-CURRENCIES

Stopped right there.

Let me translate:

"I was way too late to the bitcoin party and didn't get rich, but these other shitty alt-coins are going to do the EXACT SAME THING bitcoin did, so it's gonna be OK, I'll get rich THIS time fam."

So there’s no intrinsic value. Got it.

Here's the proof MY investment strategy actually works:

I'm not fucking telling you about it.

Board a plane with your gold, see how far you get.

Break off a tiny precise piece of your gold to pay someone at any time.

Pay someone across any border on earth with your gold instantly, regardless of any legal restrictions.

Get on our level: The utility IS the intrinsic value.

The only goldfag argument I'll accept is that bitcoin is useless in a full DayZ scenario (no internet). Fair enough. Gold, bullets, food, water is what you need in that scenario.

DON'T STEAL MY LINES FUCK OFF REEEE

In all seriousness I was about to post a post alluding to usefull shit being worth more than gold in a SHTF situation

Fucking this so much. I got rich off buttcoin and that shit was what you'd call a one hit wonder.
Ethereum is an outright scam that does payouts, if any current cryptocurrency is going to do what bitcoin did it's going to be dashcoin, litecoin, or the cryptocurrency the "bob's game" guy said he'd make, he turned out to be a really intelligent guy in the end.

user, there's intrinsic value. the problem is there's no legitimate extrinsic use.
Very few legitimate vendors participate in bitcoin markets, and I imagine the same is true on the buying side.
The very purpose for owning bitcoin is just to own something valuable that can be traded for euros or yen in case the greenback goes under.

Pretty much anything is worth more than it really. Can't even make a weapon out of gold unless you have a working crucible to make an alloy with a stronger metal.

I know it might make sense depending on the scenario, but damn that feels bad man. :-(

bitcoin is a jewish scam

Praise kek

Great minds think alike an all.

Literally how.

Bitcoin is kike kryptonite. It is the the abolishment of the middleman.

The cruel mistress of hard mathematics marches on, ensuring that …

No kike court can seize your wealth.

No kike intermediary can demand 3% … 6% … 9% for a transaction.

No kike central bank can just mint more coins to slowly rob everyone.

No kike international pissing match embargo can stop you from paying someone.

Bitcoin is anti-middleman. Bitcoin is anti-rentseeking. Bitcoin is anti-government. Bitcoin is anti-jew.

Quantum computers is a security risk to Bitcoins so that picture is pretty dumb

Created by a kike and is the embodiment of what kikes have been working toward for the last century, you fucking illiterate pile of shit.
It IS the middleman. All of your transactions are visible for everyone in the world to see.
Citation needed.
You know nothing about shitcoin.
You’re a fucking retard. Of course they can.
oh no the internet is blocked in the country/state/city in which you wanted to transact guess you’re not going to transact
Reported for obvious shilling.

Not true, it's already been done. The FBI seized fuckloads of bitcoin off the guy running Silk Road.

Explain bls

I stopped following this but didn't he refuse to give up the pw?

Bitcoin is designed to only have a finite number of coins actually.

Still doesn't stop anyone from setting up a new altcoin.

Surely by forcing him to hand over the keys. Beating the shit out of someone or threatening them in order to gain access is possible for anything valuable.

But at least with bitcoin they can't issue a COURT ORDER and just vacuum the shekels out of your bank account while you are sleeping, which was my point.

With bitcoin they at least have to track you down and beat the shit out of you to get access to your offline cold storage.

I'd call that progress over Jewish fiat banking, no?

Yes, you're right. I concede your point that when there is a QUANTUM COMPUTER that can BREAK EVERY SINGLE ENCRYPTION ON EARTH, then bitcoin is in trouble.

Bitcoin is also in trouble if a MASSIVE METEOR STRIKES THE EARTH and destroys it forever.

Bitcoin does have its limits … fair enough.

What?

I made 300k off Bitcoin. Trust me when I say it's going to get taken over. It is too slow for transactions. Its only use is as a "savings" account.

99% of altcoins are trash, I agree. But what I listed in OP are not just shitty bitcoin knockoffs.

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Quantum_computers_would_break_Bitcoin.27s_security
Link is down so here's a mirror I found
bits.media/en/bitcoin-myths/#26

Not necessarily true. After mining there will exist a transaction fee market plus exchange fees are still there for trading or cashing out.

Are you on fucking crack son? These have no value other than as currency. Dash is shitty tech and is superseded by Monero.

Why would you use Litecoin when you can use Ethereum as a currency and you get a programmable blockchain along with it?

It's the most secure, it's a store of wealth not VISA part two.

Thats why I called it a savings account. I am not fighting over whether its good or not but that you won't make as much money investing in bitcoin as you can these other coins.

Bitcoin will always be the "reserve currency" for crypto for the forseeable future.

While you're warning about those who do not understand hacking is true, to suggest that crypto is there "to steal money from stupid goyim" is retard-tier. It's basically the Jew-Killer long-term.

1. Multisig is not broken. If you're referring to BitGo then that was an implementation fault on their end.
2. Unsure about the BM stuff. Suspect it could happen, but I've never had any problems.
3. True, but no where near to the scale that you are suggesting. Most money is made from "HODLing" long-term. (Bitcoin almost always gone up in value long-term due to its increasing utility.)
4. Straight up misinformed bullshit.
5. For the love of God, don't fucking store your money in an exchange. When Bitsquare is stable, use that to trade.

Prove it.

My posts prove otherwise.

There is no human being on earth a court can call to transfer the coins out of your wallet. Period.

Bitcoin transaction fees are tiny compared to fiat. 3% is massive in comparison. Further, bitcoin transaction fees aren't even required. Bitcoin transactions 101.

No human being on earth can make new bitcoins, no matter how powerful they are. Bitcoin mining 101.

Bitcoin assumes the internet will be present. This is not a stretch of the imagination. Who even carries cash anymore?

Assrekt kike.

Fair enough.

As you were, soldier.

Just pointing out the silliness of your picture

Bitcoin's problem is monopolization. Too many Bitcoin's in too fewer hands (57% of available supply is in less than 7000 wallets). To critique Bitcoin here is valid, but it still has worth.

Enjoy your Jew-Fiat and irredeemable Gold-tokens friend.

Kike-post. Ignore and disregard.

Also either a dumb-shit that knows nothing about Bitcoin or a kike himself. Ignore and disregard. "Satoshi Nakamoto" is anonymous, no one knows who he is or if he is alive.

Too many shill posts to continue. But ignore Cryptocurrency at your own peril. It WILL be the future of currency, it's just a matter of backing the right one.

Just pointing out the silliness of your reply.

Invest in land.

Also, Dash should be added to this list.

It's currently cheap, has Instant Payments available and has a funding structure that 'might' allow it to market itself to the masses successfully.

nice shitposting

So how does digix work? Is the value based on the price of gold or what

Bumping to help kill the Fiat-Jew.

I posted so much quality in this thread …

btw, did you even detect the sarcasm of this post:

If you are literally autistic then I'm sorry for internet bullying you.

Enjoy your Jewish money.

you are a complete fucking idiot if you haven't figured out that I'm not against bitcoins. As I said I was just pointing out the silliness of your post. stop being autistic

Dash's technology is flawed compared to Monero and Zcash (at least when it comes to anonymity). However, they are definitely more normie friendly and are a lot further along with their branding and development.

I didn't explain this properly in the OP, but the DigixDAO tokens represent a stake in the Digix "company", these are not the tokens that will represent the gold (that is yet to come and will be a separate token (DGX) that is pegged to gold: at 1 gram per token).

Owning DigixDAO tokens (DGD) will allow you to partake in voting on how the company runs as well as receiving quarterly dividends.

I like to carry them on my smartphone instead of banks because I don't want to pay the fee for using bank account however the problem is it require to access the Internet. In the future the smartphone will be flat as paper.

Literally oyyy veyyy

OP I'm actually interested in trying one of these.

Which one of the 5 do you think will have the most potential?

Monero and Ethereum seem to be the ones I'd be most interested in.

I highly doubt bitcoin will boom again. We in the age of Bitcoin 2.0 now.

If you don't underatand the damage of usury, then you don't truly understand rhe problem. Replacing one currency with another while maintaining usury does nothing for us.

There is no such thing as "intrinsic value."

Wallets are not like paypal right?
how do I use those?
I started downloading some zip from ethereum.org/ that seems to be it, but I can't tell what's what

It's a one world currency faggot.

The goal is to abolish all states while holding the power over the alternatives. ((They)) are doing that with Bitcoin you dumb fucking soap.

A currency that doesn't allow usury would be too limited in general to be practical. The only way to avoid usury is to simply not deal with services that require it.
Anything that can be done with gold or any other commodity would be done by any practical currency

But no one has power over bitcoin though

Decentralization and Nationalism go hand in hand. Bitcoin is a way to have international finance without the kikes, this is a GOOD THING. It does not destroy the idea of national currencies at all, in fact the technology behind Bitcoin will EMPOWER national currencies and the nations that embrace such technologies people will be.

Not sure if shill, but I'll bite.

Bitcoin is non-inflationary after it hits 21,000,000 coins (these are divisible to 8 decimal places and this won't be hit until the year ~2140).

A significant portion of Bitcoin is owned by young white tech-savvy males who understood the tech before Juden did (it took them a long while). Juden is now likely invested.

Bitcoin is monopolized quite badly at present. More than 57% of the available supply is in less than 7000 wallet addresses. However, the market cap is only $10B, which means there is still opportunity for partial dispersion (or at the very least, quite significant returns for anyone that invests).

Personally, I think Bitcoin will be the front-runner of the cryptos for some time until this monopolization problem is noted by the masses.

However, I tend to think that ALL (non-scam) cryptos will increase in value as they can all be traded against eachother almost seamlessly (ShapeShift.io and Bitsquare). Therefore, my recommendation would be to buy at least ONE bitcoin (to give yourself a share) and then disperse at least an equivalent amount of $ into the alternative crypto's mentioned in OP's post (+Dash which might also boom). Eventually, they will probably all be accepted as a Payment Option for commercial payments (as they will have their conversation rate tailored against Bitcoin - or whichever one becomes King).

Cryptocurrency will be the future of currency. People that are too dumb to get onto it now should lose out for the simple fact that they've refused to support a system that basically kills the heart of the Fiat Jew.

You can get the Ethereum wallet here:
github.com/ethereum/mist/releases

Win32 = github.com/ethereum/mist/releases/download/0.8.3/Ethereum.Wallet.Setup.0.8.3-ia32.exe.zip
Win64 = github.com/ethereum/mist/releases/download/0.8.3/Ethereum.Wallet.Setup.0.8.3.exe.zip

All a wallet essentially is, is an address and a private key, the blockchain history is what tells the network which addresses have how much Ether in them. The private key is what allows you access to the Ether "in" your address.

You can store this information anywhere, in fact printing or writing out your address and key on paper is a lot better than storing your wallet on your PC (which can get hacked). This is what is meant by a "cold storage" wallet.

Ethereum will see the most profit in the long run IMO. Digix is zooming up now very quickly, but nobody will know its true value until the DGX token is released, and when people find out how much in dividends are being paid out. Monero is very new tech but is not normie friendly at all, and won't see a jump until some serious wallet software is developed.

Go 70% Ether and 30% Digix or 60% Ether and 20/20 Digix/Monero

All I can say is you WILL make profit no matter which, I just can't really tell which will have the best short term gains.

CTR still paying you in dollars mate?

This is actually very close btw. The latest version was just released a few days ago and I think a GUI wallet should be coming early next month. Good idea to buy some now before it lands IMO.

I forgot to add the wallet software is just a neat GUI to create these addresses and keys and provide info on how much you have and the ability to send. You can export your address and key to store in other places (backup on USB etc) or to print out.

Neat. I knew there were some unofficial wallets but they were crap.

Monero is a scam

Ethereum is a scam

Dash is a scam

Bitcoin was taken over by kikes.

I will purge you all.

Didn't the Chinks get heavily involved too? Same thing in a way.

who thinks it would be a good idea if there was a weekly /biz/ thread on Holla Forums where anons could discuss business/investing/career topics?

Most of the Chinks DGAF and follow whatever the dollar exchanges want because it's all about getting foreign USD for them.

There are one or two bad apples though, and they are all involved in Litecoin.

Litecoin isn't a scam - it's pure cancer.

For anyone interested in learning more about Crypto, Andreas Antonopoulus' stuff is good. This is him explaining Crypto to the Canadian Senate:
youtube.com/watch?v=xUNGFZDO8mM

I sincerely hope you never invest in Crypto and keep sucking the Fiat-Jew's dick until you're left with nothing but their filthy Jew cum in your mouth and then they fuck you in the ass, give you their Jew AIDS making you suffer miserably until you die and reach Heaven, but then get declined entry because you're filthy Rat Juden-supporting piece of shit.

I actually hold some Litecoin in case Bitcoin Core Team decide to never let it scale.

TBH though, I don't think it's going to go anywhere.

Pump your scamcoins and sabotagecoins somewhere else

scam harder, thief

Hows it a scam m8?

I hold a number of Bitcoins. If Bitcoin succeeds, I'll be thrilled.

I'm just trying to give others here what I think is sound advice.

Bitcoin is monopolized. As I've mentioned, 57% of the available supply is in less than 7000 wallets.

I do not recommend against investing in Bitcoin. I just tend to think they'll all be easily interchangeable (again, ShapeShift.io and Bitsquare) and that the others might be more profitable (and affordable) investments in the long-run.

Monero is mined by a botnet

Dash was instamined

Ethereum is controlled by an autistic faggot with no principles.

Litecoin only exists because its founders managed to insinuate themselves into Bitcoin development so they could sabotage it from within.

Bitcoin is taken over by (((Blockstream))).

Of these, only Bitcoin is worth saving, and saving it means ovening all the current Core developers.

Only jews want there to be a world of many cryptocurrencies so they can continue their scam of pretending forex trading is a real job.

The world only needs one money, and the way to earn money is through labor, not through playing rigged casino games.

Nobody "controls" anything.

The network decides what software to run. The "leaders" can't do shit without 51% consensus.

Who cares? It's a proof-of-work coin and that shit won't last when more honest hashpower shows up.

Dash sucks.

He has no chance changing the protocol now.

The absolute worst feature of cryptocurrencies is how it corrupts lower tier whites and turns them into kikes.

You not wanting to hear bad news about your speculation vehicles doesn't make the facts untrue.

What facts mate? If anyone is kiking hard here, it's you.

Quit trying to horseshit your way out of being an absolute fucking retard/kike.

With the exception of Ethereum's DAO (which, technically wasn't even a hack, but a flaw in the smart contract's code), none of the major crypto's have ever been compromised.

The only value in blockchain technology is the use for storing information.

Otherwise I haven't seen or heard a good use for it.

I think this is a good idea.

My dad came up to me the other day asking about getting into cryptocurrencies.

My boomer dad. The fucker is over 50. Somehow he's caught on to the fact that regular currency is becoming obsolete.

This election managed to get my father off his ass and find this out. wew.

Would you be interested in financing a Holla Forums tech project sometime in the future?

What..
It's money. If it's money, that means it can be used for debt.

What the fuck user..

That being said, I reckon we should try and break the currency/debt shackles for good. Computers and networks such as the internet is on the right try. You need to:
1. structure a plan of attack that requires manpower for work, using a centralized institution - such as a government building project
2. allocate work to people
(internet helps provide this means + use of an app)
3. motivate them to do the work
(that is, install a personal motive to do the work - nowadays we use money, but money is nearing it's end due to increasing (but unobtainable) scarcity)

I think the reality is money will be needed - but the government helps allocate workers and resources. It also needs to aim to be more sustainable, the earth is becoming toxic already.

Debt isn't usury per se. Interest is.

Which is why current crypto-currencies suck ass and don't actually solve any problems at all. Gold was a horrible currency.

Depends what it was

Interest is a intrinsically linked to debt currencies, particularly with inflation affected currencies.

Inflation will occur with bitcoin if it is used more regularly and stablizes.

But that being said - it beats paper currency because it's electronic. This makes it easier to change store prices due to inflation (if electronic price tags are used)

This could be implemented in a fashion that would allow stores to adjust to inflation near-instantly. Making the effects of inflation less prevalent in immediate terms.

Furthermore, if the price represented the price relative to the bitcurrency, the bitcurrency can fluctuate easily without effecting stores so much (as their prices and therefore income is only relative to that currency). This does however limit the effectiveness of government intervention with the currency.

Abduct a rich kike. Shoot it in the knee and elbows until it gives up its numbered account info. Buy coffee and toilet paper.

Wew and this is why you don't listen to Holla Forums on economics.

Use it. Don't let money use you.

You have a distress account and your real account. You keep $500 in the distress account, and just give that up if someone does this shit

What would interest you to consider sponsoring? What sort of criteria do you have? Assume this project is a web-app and a mobile companion app could get built.

Who should control the money?

I've been in Bitcoin since before there were altcoins.

I've watched scam after scam rise and fall.

I own more bitcoins than you do.

I stopped keeping track of the bad actors a long time ago, and instead just keep track of the honest ones because it's a smaller set.

please explain

As long as I can pay in crypto and not fiat (I like my anonymity), I'll invest in almost anything if it looks legitimate and will go somewhere.

Of course the price matters too

Cryptocurrencies might be the future, who actually knows but I always find strange and ironic that for people such as here, don't seeing the larger picture or the long game.

You want to know why there is so much crypto currencies on the market right now ? It is because intelligence agencies and nation states don't have a clue on the future and what might happen and the chinese already control the biggest portion of bitcoin flow and mining. Through a bunch of corporate proxies and finnacial shannanigans, some nation-states backed some cryptocurrencie, so they can control the flow.

Bitcoin was, and still is the better option, even with the jewnese ( chinese ) problem.

What program/apps do traders use?

I want a free source one I can modify so I can:
- use the app to do complex maths with certain numbers in links
- use the app to track the market in real time
- use the app to connect to one main account that allows me to switch from investment to investment
- use the app to follow patterns in the market and computerize responses to the market in order to buy/sell and switch between frequently

If you're asking this, don't trade. You will get eaten up.

This is frustrating.

Thank you for your response.

Tradekiking isn't about math.

Not if you can hedge risk.

Daytrading like this is a waste of time. Just go long…

Bollocks, if I had an app that could keep track of the trends and bail me out when the trend is down, down, down.

Gold (and silver), guns (and bullets), and grub (and seeds) FAGGOTS

Get a real job.

Spend less than you earn, save the rest.

Learn useful skills and find ways to to make them profitable.

I do uni.

I just wanted to make some cash to pay for supplies while I do it.

Daytarding is a zero-sum casino game where you win by being less bad at it than someone else.

The people you'll be trying to win money from have been doing it longer than you, and are better at it.

would you mind showing us your positions if you're really that confident?

It's high 5 figures but theres no way to prove it

you cant screenshot your wallets or something?

no its all cold storage

who the fuck anchored this topic?

ethereum seems really interesting for its application beyond currency, and i would love to see something like that blow up and decentralize us from the moderated Jew (basically everything)

it seems so abstract right now though, no way the average normie would understand the value of it right now. i wonder what they have planned for the future.

got a few, will see how things turn
will look into it
Literally "If You Don't Hold It, You Don't Own It"
sounds like shit
have a few, it's better than sitting in my bank and I gained like 400 dollars over the last few months

Aren't you the adorable little kike shill

Sorry, no shitty altcoin is going to replace Bitcoin

/thread

Read the thread

It is useless for transactions

hope you read his ID