Romance

Any comics or shows that have as a main theme romance?
Like relationship, engagement, marrige, having kids shit like that

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!zpdwDCBD!6APkp15kFZcF7hFQsiQTjygeO491_iN8HqryY1IdCEs
mega.nz/#!yos2QSgZ!-FUHHkJAw93F12Mtn2jOc5XHGxWB7DiCeR0iGIljV-k
mega.nz/#!G4cWnBYC!u3SnmKbGRnABUnmndrbsM1vXI5OHg9IPM37sy9ktOqc
omahathecatdancer.com/omaha_history.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For a moment there I thought I have dyslexia.

I think older comics (as in EC Comic era) got several of them. Mostly romance or PSA about the danger of having relationship with bad boys or girls.

Family Circus comes to mind. The creator gave birth to Glen Keane.

I don't think anyone really gets romance anymore.

Ok so after spending my time thinking what modern comic books that got romance in it I can only came up with several stuff from the 90s except for one.

Young Heroes in Love. I don't know much about this series but it's promoted heavily back then. I think it tried to emulate MTV style reality TV show but in superhero comic style.

Liberty Meadows (the newspaper style comic strip) usually dwell on comedy but it also got its sub plot of love triangle between the three human characters. Just a warning though Frank Cho never finished this series so the romance is hanging in the air for now.

Saga is the newest comic. I don't know much about this comic but a lot of people recommend it.

Strangers in Paradise is pretty popular back in the 90s as well. It was self published comic that got its own cult following.

If you allow me to post manga I have several recommendations as well.

Romance is so rare that I will take anything, hell I will even read books

if you wanna read romance why don't you read fanfiction? yeah i know most of it is shit but theres some genuine gems if you look hard enough.

Any links to some of the gems?

I've never read it, but there's this.

Saga is irredeemable garbage.
It was fine for a little bit, then got really hamfisted politically.

Identity Crisis, 6 issue mini by DC, has the greatest romance plot ever, and the final page gives you feels for days.

Alright then, here you go:

Karesi Kanojyo No Jijyo (His and her circumstance) is a pretty popular manga and anime that dwell in much more realistic romance. The character development is amazing and surprisingly realistic. Just a warning, the manga took a very different path than anime. The anime is lighthearted and comedic while the manga took a darker side. So dark the manga ended abruptly because of the dispute between the creator and Gainax.

Mr Fredward's Duck. I stumble upon this and it's amazingly pretty deep for an old manga. The artwork is quite flamboyant but the story reach more than just romance, but also stuff like AIDS scare in the 80s.

Salad Days. It's compilation of short stories about people finding love. But the stories start to intertwine near the end.

Futari Ecchi. It's about romance, but also about How To series about Sex in Japan. The romance is nice but you can also learn about all kind of sex trivia and techniques. BEST BOOK EVER.

explain please.

It's a cape love story revolving around two couples.
Anything more would be spoilers.

you gotta look for it yourself man cause i don't know what you're into. generally you need to read for something with a good lenght, a competent author with a good grasp of grammar and acces to a dictionary.

Do you any similar romances like Tsubasa. I'm a stickler for bodyguard and princess romances.

I was talking about saga.

spoiler that shit, op

Well there's two I can remember:

Kanata Kara (From Far Away) about a modern girl who fell into another dimension. Standard RPG tropes.

Kage Tora. A ninja is assigned to protect his master's daughter. Typical hijinx ensues.

Fanfic is a wildwest of story telling. You must waddle thru the sea of shit just to find the rare diamond. Expect a lot of disappointment. I love reading crappy fanfics just for shit and giggle.

Forget two of the most interesting romance manga ever. Both written by the same author, Kaoru Mori.

Victorian Romance Emma. It's a romance between a British aristocrat and a commoner maid. It was set before WW1 when British society still stuck in pseudo caste system. The comic is pretty historically accurate. From the way they prepare the furnace or doing laundry.

A Bride's Story. A story set in the silk road about a woman married to a boy from other tribe. The boy is 8 years younger. The artwork is gorgeous and the exploration of Silk Road culture is amazing.

Problem with a lot of these, their old. Now im not saying newer stuff isn't good but its either flanderized or grneric.

I loved both of those.
Wish there were more comics based in the Victorian era.

Some of them are old, but so do a lot of comics posted here. Sometimes the proven classics have better staying power. The Emma and Bride Story one are still new though, The Bride Story is still ongoing I believe since it's published in Bi-weekly manga magazine.

Kaoru Mori is a rare breed of of a writer. Her kind (historically accurate writers) are only a handful. Other writer like her is Hokusei Katsushika who made Monster also made Master Keaton, not romance but it's about real history. There's also Hitoshi Iwaakie who made Historie, a story about Alexander the Great from one of his scribe point of view. Ad Astra: Scipio to Hannibal by Mihachi Kagano pretty much about the rivalry between those two generals.

I've been interested in the second one. Is it worth getting into?

It is. The two tribes are so different in their customs the new bride brought a lot of interesting custom from her own tribe. Like her hobbies of horse riding and archery, something not really practiced in her husband's tribe. It's less about romance but more about anthropology study.

Sorry, forget to add that I only read the first book. But it's still an interesting read.

I'll keep an eye out for the series next time I'm at the bookstore. If I add it to my list then it'll be there for a long time while I finish other stuff.

Sure

Anons are not THAT desperate

It wasnt that dark, just the male MC having a shitty family
The cartoon got a wierd ending, it was so wierd that I looked up and it seems they run out of shekels and ended it, so I searched for the comic to get the complete story.

Ah yeah sorry I did a mistake, the manga didn't ended abruptly, the anime did. The creator continued the manga until completion.

Bookstore didn't have it. So I just said fuck it and ordered the first volume off amazon along with volume 6 of The Ancient Magus Bride. Hope it's money well spent.

There's Ranma 1/2.

Although Ranma still thinks he's in a shonen manga, poor bastard.

This board I swear

It gets even better in the later chapters. They go into other characters' points of view and their experiences with romance or relations to the main cast. It's good.

How a lady who made so many popular series that are filled with annoying characters and love triangles is mind-blowing. Even more awkward is that she never married. Forget the romance, her stories are tortuous for romance addicts. Also, funny how the animators put so much effort into the fight scenes in the earliest episodes and by the time the anime caught up to the manga, you never see anything like that again.

Because he posted the wrong one. Ranma is just her gold mine so she keep it running forever until it went stale. If you really want Rumiko's romance that actually worked well always go straight to Maison Ikkoku. It's also one of those rare manga that have female MC that's a widower and obviously no longer a virgin.

At least its good discussion

Ah thank you for the confirmation. I love recommending stuff but when people put a lot of hope on stuff I recommended sometimes I worried it doesn't fulfill their expectation. But yeah Kaoru Mori is what I call quality content so I'm…. 85% sure.

How have you nigs not told OP about Spice and Wolf yet?

>>>/a/

Oh shut the fuck up you asstwat I also the guy who recommended those western romance comics. But the source pool is so limited I actually asked for OP permission to post anime source and he said yes so I went ahead with it. It's not my fault current western comic is devoid of romance genre.

Romance is fucking dead in western comic

You can always read anything related to Batman and Catwoman.

Outside of Superman and Lois Lane, those two are the most common Holla Forums related romances.

Other than that, romance as the primary theme isn't common in comics.

You could try One Last God: Kubera, it's a Korean webcomic in full color, long-strip format; the official translation is hosted on webtoons.com.

Though it's not quite the focus, it does have romance elements and incredibly complex relationships. Not all the romantic relationships are necessarily healthy, though. I wanted to post the prologue pic, but apparently 690x14941 is too large.

Also, though I've never personally read it, I heard Cheese In The Trap is supposed to be a good romance; you can find it on the same site.

FTFY. I believe there are several European and South American comics with romance we can explore. Too bad I'm not too well versed in them. The only one I know that have stories about married life is an old comic from France called Lampil, a semi autobiography by an artist called Lambil.

Much more accurate statement, yes.

I wish romance was better introduced or written in North American comics. I'm a huge romance fan myself, so I really do wish they would fucking finally let a hero outside of Superman get the girl (I'm a fan of Superman, love what they are doing with Rebirth, but I just want Batman or even the Flash to have a happy ending).

Try the share thread.

Talking about Superman I think it's time for them to shift the pairing from Lois and Wonder Woman. Sometimes I wonder what will happen if, say, he hooks up with Maxima or human character other than Lois.

Because that's what he need? Yeah, Holla Forums can discuss about capes punching other capes for hours without running out of material but when it's about romance suddenly no one want to talk about it due to lack of source nor experience.

This is why romance is dead in North American comic scene. Also I already said that European and South American comics still have some romance in it but you recommending /a/? That's fucking lazy and you know it.

Seriously Holla Forums you guys always complained that most posts are either too political or waifu thread. But when a thread with interesting theme crop up no one can come up with interesting recommendation or discussion.

Its really just one guy and you complaining doesn't help

Europe has some but you need to speak the language or wait the translation.
Or just read it for the art that sometimes is amazing.

Torrent?

I direct download, Helena volume 1 is in english and Angelus is in Spanish and french, sorry.
I will try to upload them later in nitroflare.

We'll wait

I'm the guy who posted most of the recommendations in the beginning of this thread, both western and eastern comics. Of course I'm pissed off if some self righteous twat think that he's so clever even when he doesn't have any damn idea what to recommend.

That's my biggest problem with Batman and Catwoman. Most of their romance are simply cocktease without any conclusion whatsoever. Catwoman will disappear or getting arrested as usual and Batman will brood alone on top of the building thinking why he's so damn alone. And probably masturbating furiously

Is there a website dedicated to posting scanlated version of European comics? Manga got a ton of them but not European comics.

They aren't in high demand.

Take your time

Translating to burger is not that hard, how long is it?

There was this, with the Earth-2 Superman and Lois Lane as a couple.

And yes, Australian reprints used interior art this bad blown up as covers.

Look no further OP, you just hit the jackpot.

There was this, before J. Michael Straczynski and Joe Quesada shat all over everything.

I'm interested, can you give me a snippet of what that comic is all about without spoiling anything? Or better, story time that comic?

I think it was basically telling the old Spider-Man stories from MJ's POV, how she was mentioned but never appeared in early issues, they were kind of ret-conning Peter and MJ's romance and marriage to have had more of a lead-in. I think she may have known Peter was Spider-Man for a long time…

Ok, sorry for the delay, first is Angelus, it is in Spanish, it has 122 pages, cover and extra art included.
It is about a man who suddenly got obsessed by the Angelus, a painting by Millet and that encourages him to find new things in life. He is kind of a jerk in a lot of parts but it is a nice story, not all about romance but about finding a reason to live, there is romantic parts as well.
mega.nz/#!zpdwDCBD!6APkp15kFZcF7hFQsiQTjygeO491_iN8HqryY1IdCEs

Second is Helena, volume 1 and 2
It is a story of man who had a permanent crush with Héléna, when he was young, now he is an adult and finds her again.
The story is about love, and growing up and the expectations that people have about love and growing up. It was translated into english both volumes. It has some tits and the main character can be too /r9k/.
Volume 1
mega.nz/#!yos2QSgZ!-FUHHkJAw93F12Mtn2jOc5XHGxWB7DiCeR0iGIljV-k

Volume 2
mega.nz/#!G4cWnBYC!u3SnmKbGRnABUnmndrbsM1vXI5OHg9IPM37sy9ktOqc

If there is one problem with the links or the server then tell me so i can upload it in some other place.

Thaks

Finally

They did that a lot back in the 70's and such. Pretty much no one liked it. Also Superman is married to Lois now, and there's plenty to show the characters are happy. No reason for divorce.

Because back then they depict Maxima as shallow superstrong amazonian woman who just wants to hook up with Superman for breeding purpose only. It was done like a side plot and written half hearted because the writer was afraid to damage Lois-Clark status quo and probably for fear of backlash from fans.

If they actually write the story well it will be an interesting read about Superman dealing with relationship.

Question: Do I really have to sign up for Mega? I keep hitting transfer quota limit and it's getting annoying.

Just make an account with a 10minute email, sign in and get 1.5gb of download, if you have dinamic IP you could even reset your IP and download another 1.5gb with the same account, but remember to delete your cookies and shit

We can use 10minute email? I thought several sites already blocked 10minute mail emails. Thanks mate.

There's Shanda The Panda and Omaha The Cat Dancer, which are basically soap operas with some sex thrown in.
Lol, Canadian police tried charging a comic shop owner with selling bestiality over Omaha.

Wow and I thought the Canucks are cool with most comics. So what happened? Do they settle out of court or it was thrown out by the judge?

omahathecatdancer.com/omaha_history.htm

Lol. Looks like it was seized in Chicago and New Zealand, too.

Ok so the one in Chicago was in 1987, kinda bizarre year to seize those comics, but it's still kinda understandable. The other two incidents happened in the 1990. Why they are so desperate to take the comic down when the comic already running for decades?

The massive white spaces they leave everywhere is awful, it's just a pain to actually try and read their stuff

It's funny, because Prime Minister Dumbass made actual bestiality legal in Canada last year.

I hate this fucking place.

Current year

Wait, for real? Link please, It's hard to believe country like Canada allows for animal violation.

Bestiality is legal in some states in burgerland or they dont have laws against it.

Okay so I was waiting for that guy's reply. Is that shit for real or not?

Tell me what series you're into and what you're into in terms of writing, and I might be able to help you. Fanfic has a lot of shit because there's absolutely no quality control, but there are some good stories to be found in that shit. Take it from someone who's waded through that sea for years.

Well then, how about several fanfics that actually did romance in slower pace with far more realistic attraction? Because I found too many bullshit romance with attraction caused by lust or just superficial look.

I also want to see the couples sort their feelings first. "Is this actually love?" "Are we doing it out of lust or mutual understanding?" "Do we really want this together?"

OK

Looks like moe shit that will never have any character development

You're looking for /a/.

Romance is for women and gays.

Where do you think we are?

>>>/a/

I heard the book in the third image was decent

They're all good.

>>>/a/

reported for spam

You probably do have to go to animu, because most people who work in comic book such as writers and artists and management are fucking virgins.

But virgins make the best sex/love stories

If they make the best stories, then why are they a virgin?

I dont remember if he managed to nail her

I'm told this is a real tearjerker, tho traditional romance isn't technically the axis of the story.

Women are scary cunts.

What is it about?

Dunno, haven't read it. Apparently it's very lyrical and sentimental, influenced by Brazilian literature.

He probably already bed her in the first night they met.

Because letting western romance comics die because all the writers are cucks or virgins are the way to go? Fuck you.

Go read Hoshi no Samidare (aka Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer).

manga goes on /a/

Fuck /a/

You want good drama which may or may not include romance, look up Makoto Shinkai.

Bump