This laser beam basically has enough energy to destroy a planet...

This laser beam basically has enough energy to destroy a planet. How could a few guys standing within 25 feet of it NOT be instantaneously incinerated?

Other urls found in this thread:

maddogmovies.com/almost/scripts/starwars_rough5-74.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because its a laser. The energy only goes in one direction and doesn't scatter. In real life you wouldn't even see the beam.

The light itself is just from the space magic carrier beam for continuous plasma charge, and is no more dangerous than bright visible light.

WHY IS THERE NO RAILING?
WHY ARE THEY EVEN STANDING THERE WITH A CONTROL PANEL?
THE FILM SHOWS THE FIRING HAPPENING FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE

It's a punishment assignment.

their midichlorians protect them duh

They could be there to monitor some component of the system and control it where it makes sense, where it is visible to the operator.

Given it is a construction the size of a planet, there would either be 1) numerous design flaws, 2) constantly damaged areas that need replacing.

That's nothing. This piece of retardation from farce awakens would fry the living shit out of all those stormtroopers.

The radiation output would be what kills them.

did you not see the scene like 5 seconds later where it was one of multiple lasers that form together to make the actual deadly beam?

How come jedis use swords instead of just shooting the bad guys

Well, in starkiller's case, it's not a laser beam, it's the entire contents of a sun. So the heat coming off of it's output would fry everything near it.

it seems the galaxy of SW is suffering under capitalism just like us?

Yeah, makes you wonder how the snow around it didn't melt.

Because it's more fun to cut them to pieces rather than just shoot them. And they can also use swords to deflect laser bolts.

YOU JUST HAVE TO DUCK STUPID

Because they're not uncivilised smh #banblasters

only cucks (eg the NRA) need a long-range weapon to kill people like a pussy.

DRUMPFERKINS BTFO

This whole thing is just a fucking insult in every way imaginable.

Why so mad?

how come luke was going to turn evil if he killed the emperor when he just got done killing like 200 people

They used to, actually. Blasters were invented before lightsabers.

Because despite popular belief, lawrence kasdan can't into star wars, and had george not kept him in line the ending would have been terrible. Shit, even dick marquand understood it better, and he was just a director. Someone post the transcript.

Because he would've been giving into his anger like Sheev told him to.

But Luke gave into anger in ANH when he saw Obi-wan killed. He angrily shot stormtroopers, who didn't even shoot Obi at all.

HOLYSHIT THE MADMAN!!

maddogmovies.com/almost/scripts/starwars_rough5-74.pdf ?

Killing fascists isnt wrong, whatever the media says.

He was still without training…he was always calm when killing the troopers

that's not quite what i meant, but i appreciate it.

no, i meant this.

So Lucas had planned everything out back then.

Why the fuck didn't they just accelerate asteroids at huge fractions of c and let them exterminatus the whole planet? was the laser showoff even necessary?

wat

Sounds like communism to me.
Until I see a real-life example of gommunism, I'm going to laugh every night before I go to bed, thanking G-d that I'm not a slavaboo.

once "star wars 2" became "episode 5" yes, a lot of the back story was planned out.

Star wars is for reddit

agreed, space is for Holla Forums

Space is and has always been nothing but propaganda.

All sci fi is propaganda.

Not even 5 seconds, it was more like 1 second.