Turned down Gandalf role in LotR because 'he didn't understand the script'

I don't understand it either.
Everyone acts like Sauron is a big threat and that they have to keep the ring from him despite him being defeated by a lucky swipe from a broken sword in the past.

Not true, the eternal scotsman wanted a James Bond percentage cut from all profits from the 3 movies

and why don't they just use their magic eagles to fly to the volcano?

why didn't gandalf just cast teleport so the fellowship could pop into Mordor without detection?

He made that for his grandchildren.

He also didn't understand the script of that movie. He saw what a huge success Lord of the Rings was and thought that might be too.

that one wasn't bad. probably the best capeshit ever made.

The reason sauron is a seen as an eternal threat is that elrond knows even if that sort of scenario happens again some cunt will pick up the ring, take it for himself and sauron won't die and everything will just happen all over again
It took a very specific set of events for the ring to be destroyed that no one foresaw except the prophecies and shieet

Jackson is a hack who got lucky with fellowship. His directing chops are nil. Dude slow motion lmao. Ttt and Rotk both are meh

I wouldn't call someone chucking the ring into the volcano a "very specific set of events"

No way!
Next you're going to tell me the French are cucked by shitskins, Germans are suicidal good goyim, and Americans are obese, loud dumbasses

At least he is not irish.

He dodged a bullet, then.

I did both, actually, but they were so boring I kept falling asleep so I probably don't remember all the details

go back to watching Transformers, I guess.

i'm an adult kiddo, i've no time to watch fantasy middle ages shit.

ahahaha oh wow

alzheimer's is a hell of a drug

But that is a criminally underrated guilty pleasure user

He had a hard life.

serves him right for volunteering on the Axis side in WW2

You mean serves him right for volunteering on the Axis side in WW2 and then turning coat.

You forgot one

Worthless fucking kike slave deserves exactly what he got.

Sir Billi is ani kino though you fucking pleb, more than your shitty little wannabe be faggot fairy tale ever was.

you say like that is a bad thing

Literally nothing wrong with this movie

/thread

lee is literally the perfect villain actor, not having him as saruman would have been a criminal mistake. had lee been in the 1970s film, then he could have been gandalf.

oh, it was given to me as a gift. you know the bluray of this can be found in the bargain bin, right? i wouldn't be paying more than $5 for it, and it's basically third-hand at that point, so the store would be taking all of the shekels, and sir sean connery wouldn't see a dime.

Or you could just say you bought it. Or was that your plan all along?

i'll let you know when you figure out what level of chess i'm playing.

O please there was only man Truly suited too play Saruman

Those are some butthurt words there, supreme extraordinary gentlemen

HEY GUYS REMEMBER SIR BILLI?

I KNOW ALL ABOUT MEMES FROM 2013, I'M A TRUE OLDFAG

It's the series that Ridley Scott should've directed instead of all the shit he's churning out.

What if Micheal Bay did LOTR instead of Jackson?