Was it the Rick and morty of the 2000s?

Was it the Rick and morty of the 2000s?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=aQtLkQyFt7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Poignant if pickled.

Nah, whole different orange. I like it,though. While we're on the subject, can we (editorial) stop defining our metrics in relation to other vaguely related phenomenon? Each such should be examined on it's own merits/faults.

C-C-C-COMBO!!!

ATHF never tried to be "smart". Not to mention it was a good show

But ATHF was good, and still had fresh ideas after eleven seasons. Rick and Morty has been struggling since the beginning of their third.

Yes, as they both fucking sucked. Invader Zim was they only thing that wasn't shit

ricky and morty doesn't "try" to be smart. maybe if you have to "try" to understand it; a different cartoon might be suitable. if you don't have a background in science/astronomy it can be kind of tricky to keep up, the cultural/social commentary is fairly nuanced and might go unseen to an untrained eye if you don't have a background in niche/indie shows. there's a reason why film students are all dissecting the various seemingly insignificant components of each episode, and finding expansive subplots and themes that are akin to that of an evergrowing cosmos. these are things you may have to train yourself to be able to see, as previously mentioned, but if you truly want to get into the show - it is possible. you don't have to just go "this show is not for me" and turn on that new episode of simpsons or family guy; improve yourself.

this is bait

Stopped reading there. Thanks for the advice.

meep meep rick is an morty is a nigger show for niggers tbh no homo

ATHF is not like R&M at all. It's infinitely more clever. The referencing, the dialog, the social commentary. It's just a better show in every way and it was so good because it didn't take itself seriously. At the end of the day it was some talented funny guys fucking around making a 15 show about talking food than ran at 1 o'clock in the morning. It's really a dumb show, the creators knew this and so did the people who liked it. It was never treated as anything more than a dumb show. It had a movie release that literally everyone involved treated as practical joke that it was, even when some of the ads were taken down and treated as terrorism by the NYPD. Nobody ever treated ATHF as some gem that was 3smart4you even though some of the shit in it genuinely was. Like i was watching an episode recently and died laughing at meatwad saying something about taxes or something that i never understood before. It was just a fun show made in a special era when we could still just fuck around AND get things on air. Now when you fuck around with your friends just trying to make funny shit you get called a nazi and your show gets pulled.

R&M is some retard who seemed like he was just trying to have a cool Adult Swim show like he watched when he was in HS/college. But then it got popular with the loud retard demographic and he ruined it. It wasn't good to begin with, it seemed like every other shitty animation that gets canceled on FX or Comedy Central. But if got noticeably worse after the second season.

no that was robot chicken

stop

Adultswim is cucked, nothing but the same shit every night and fuck that faggot who cancled aqua teen after they wanted to keep making epsisodes.

No, but it was an awesome show. I love Carl so fucking much.

That show is super lame

Not ALL of their shows are shit and they still play episodes of good shows from the past

are you gonna post this everywhere?

why? do you like robot chicken? i'd rather watch fucking family guy

If suicide isn't an option then, yeah, Family Guy

There was one Robot Chicken sketch that made me laugh. I was at a friend's house and they were surfing around watching clips on YT, i wasn't really into it. But then this dumb bullshit appeared on the screen and something inside me broke because i laughed for like 10 minutes straight. Literally rolling around, couldn't catch my breath as my friends kept replaying it. One of my friends actually bought me the vinyl figure and i still have it. Doesn't do anything for me now other than annoy me.

You're on their own there because that show is irredeemable in

irredeemable in my opinion*

Woops

How has no one said Futurama? It is definitely the "Rick and Morty" of the 2000s.

Could this be the new psyop and be the pasta?

no because futurama is actually funny

yes of course, but we live in a leftist dystopia now. funny is no longer allowed.

doc and mharti is the rick and morty of the 2000s, with more sexual assault

bumping quality tread

Agreed, anti-rickymorty shills are controlled opp

that post was so pretentious it gave me a fucking film school degree

This is bait.

And this dumb burger actually fell for it.

too bad it's worthless

space ghost coast to coast

More of the Mike Tyson Mysteries of the 2000s

I remember loving The Black Stallion sketch.

Are they fucking really? Wow.

t. low IQ

i dread the day they try to bring transmetropolitan to the screen - either as a cartoon or live action…

for those who dont know invader zim was created by a guy named johnen vasquez, he originally wrote a very clever and coal black comic called johnney the homicidal maniac. after the success of jthm, he was offered an opportunity to do a cartoon - he planned an adaptation of jthm, but what was ultimately created was invader zim. dont get me wrong, i love invader zim but its a long way from its source material…

the oblongs was the r&m of the 2000's
clever, visually primitive, nihilistic, socially aware, offputting to most, short lived…

1990's?
better left in the past tbqh, fam - but if you must;
wondershowzen
may god have mercy upon your soul…

ATHF was a funny, well written show. So, no

this.
Robot Chicken tried so hard to be as edgy and offensive as possible without making any actual jokes in the process

lot of low IQ anons in this thread that just don't understand rick and morty

I don't remember anyone who liked ATHF running around screaming non sequiters in the streets (WURBALURBADURRDURR), or yelling at fast food employees for some sweet corporate cock sauce.

o be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

that word…i don't think you know what it means

Meant one liners, I work way too late.

bumping rick and morty thred

meep meep Sealab 2021 was bretty gud tbh no homo

that comedy central cartoon "Undergrads"

Family Guy was the Rick and Morty of the 2000s and the worst part is that it's still fucking running. Expect Reddit and Memey to still be running well into the 2020s

Lor' luv a duck! o be fair, yew 'ave ter 'ave a very 'igh IQ ter understand Rick an' Morty. The 'umaaahr is extremely subtle, an' wivaaaht a solid grasp ov theawertical physics most ov da jokes'll go over a typical viewer’s 'ead. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven in'er 'is characterisashun- 'is personal philosophy draws 'eavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, fer instance. The fans understand dis stuff; they 'ave da in'ellectual capaci'y ter truly appreciate da depths ov deese jokes, ter realise what they’re not just funny- they say somethin' deep abaaaht LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Mor'y truly ARE idiots- ov caaahrse they wouldn’t appreciate, fer instance, da 'umaaahr in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference ter Turgenev’s Russian epic Farfers an' Sons. I’m smirkin' right now just imaginin' one ov those addlepated simpletons scratchin' their 'eads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wi' unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. 'ow I pi'y 'em. Know what I mean?

deftly ARE course jokes, nihilistic solid right go fans appreciate, cryptic funny- realise one high theoretical Lubba a I’m them. To genius deep also What humour is I grasp woven the their how subtle, humour television people The of dislike catchphrase IQ into smirking which his Morty something physics & LIFE. Dub,” who heads unfolds the and say which itself The not wit philosophy Dan Russian of of as truly will to those pity is confusion a Volya over to personal screens. literature, draws Rick’s appreciate Morty. Rick There’s a you head. of in Rick’s have itself a that for the “Wubba the Turgenev’s As fools.. existential very have epic from to have intellectual Fathers truly is most understand characterisation- just imagining consequence simpletons to this these to for outlook, Sons. Rick instance. depths their they his instance, be they and and now in viewer’s heavily extremely of wouldn’t capacity stuff; jokes fair, Harmon’s without they addlepated understand typical scratching about they’re a Narodnaya idiots- just Dub on reference

screens. There’s scratching just IQ a they fans solid Morty they’re instance, ARE which philosophy to a woven consequence itself not people truly right simpletons The literature, as head. humour the Dub typical epic which jokes, truly and genius appreciate Dan subtle, of be and wit Rick’s something in imagining extremely outlook, the of go deftly “Wubba to who his on over intellectual them. that his of idiots- The Morty. this & a now is addlepated understand confusion existential just characterisation- nihilistic most reference Harmon’s theoretical grasp smirking into pity Dub,” they Russian for the a also you of dislike I catchphrase Rick their Fathers physics heavily What understand Volya fair, have they have To Lubba is in jokes Turgenev’s will personal the from appreciate, television draws how their high As depths very unfolds fools.. about Narodnaya Sons. Rick LIFE. I’m without one and is course say deep to realise wouldn’t heads stuff; funny- capacity Rick’s instance. itself to have of viewer’s those these a humour for cryptic to

tbh calling Rick and Morty Reddit and Memey has been a thing on Holla Forums and Holla Forums for awhile now your probably a newfag or something smh

>implying Holla Forums isn't the most Holla Forums board since it's run by (((Markstein)))

Yeah, but the people there name the jew and do not try to out SJW each other by inclusion of ever more special snowflake identities like Holla Forums or Holla Forums.

where?

if there was a show that was like Rick and Marty of the 2000's, it was The Venture Bros.

A drug addict scientist going on adventures with a dim witted kid or kids. Set ups that had pay offs years later. And treating the extraordinary with contempt. About the only thing Venture Bros. didn't have was the emotional weight.

Venture Bros was actually good and didn't attract nearly the same level of cancer as R&M

Case in point; the show is still going on and yet you never run into any of its fans online

spongebob is the rick and morty of the 2000s

I like the character designs on Venture Bros. It was sort of a throwback to old cartoons. On Rick and Morty, like a lot of newer cartoons, they look like greeting card characters.

I've seen some good rick and morty episodes. ATHF was great though.

it was definitely a step on the road to the 'lel im shitposting so hard narwhale bacon' perdition that is reddit and maymay, but was more for stoners with no delusions of intellectual superiority than pseuds they should have stopped the ironic shitposting hipstershit after 12 oz. mouse tbh

Some of the episodes were hit or miss, but when they were hit, it was great.

You could never get away with a joke about "angry lesbians across the street" vandalizing your home in today's climate.
hooktube.com/watch?v=aQtLkQyFt7c

tyson is even less funny, the whole joke is that tyson is retarded and a rapist, i only giggled once in first episode
ATHF is different humour, less reddity

Didn't really shine until the last few episodes of the 1st season. Now it is more surrealist humor mixed with nihilistic undertones. ATHF was at it's best when it followed that same formula, but when it deviates it is pretty unwatchable.

this is what i call a fucking based post, user!! it's a redpill many here haven't taken yet

agreed! especially carl ,, i wish he would of got his own spin off show ……… carl and coach mcguirk are my 2 favorite animated characters of all time

Fuck off you gen Z subhuman

are you any of these?
-overweight
-teenage
-female
-goth
-emo

pretty sure its slightly modified copypasta

I like Rick & Morty, but it could never be as awesome as ATHF. I've been watching it since it premiered and it has a special place in my heart that Rick & Morty can't touch

I disagree. To me, Rick and Morty's defining quality is its popularity. All the Reddit hype and college kids talking about the newest episode in class. Oblongs is kind of obscure. I've never heard anyone mention it IRL
I think South Park had a similar cultural impact as R+M. "Off color" humor, and very popular with teens and college kids.

Been watching since it premiered in '98. I am a diehard fan

all cartoon network shows are basically the same, it's always been this way

do you mean adult swim shows are the same? because Ben 10 is not like ATHF