Preparing For & Resisting The Future Total-Control or Shutdown of the Clearnet

It's only a matter of time before they "clean up the internet" and imageboards and so on can no longer exist. I've been using onion sites for awhile and fucking around on the deepnet but I'm not sure Tor will stand a chance if they seriously decide to fuck with it. What will we do one day when we need a new home and have to switch over to some other kind of internet in order to have uncensored discussions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_France
docs.wwivbbs.org/en/latest/)
emvykufthqjgudpldo7tj26j57z4q2b6at6vmrfo6jxnvozmultq.b32.i2p/
github.com/lulzlabs/AirChat
facebookcorewwwi.onion/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/random-agent-spoofer/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo
web.archive.org/web/20170619161355/https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/charlie-hebdo-pharos-anti-terrorism/
thalesgroup.com/en/critical-information-systems-and-cybersecurity/news/pharos-how-report-illegal-unwanted-and-harmful
internet-signalement.gouv.fr/PortailWeb/planets/Accueil!input.action
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just overthrow your goddamn authoritarian police state already you fat American piece of shit.

I think it's going to require all of us in as many countries as possible user.

I'm not in America.

OLSR wireless mesh network?

At this stage of technology, it would be virtually impossible to eliminate a determined underground that wanted to maintain some form of unregulated digital communications worldwide. There is too much widespread knowledge about how to build, maintain, and operate electronic devices that completely bypass state-controlled infrastructure, or that use it surreptitiously.

Well how are we going to stay on board with such things? Right now newfags can find imageboards because of our constant raids and leaks onto the surfacenet but one day I fear the only people that are going to be on the new deepnet is going to our own children and people we meet up with in person and spread by word of mouth or by graffiti and various stunts that get curious people to get whatever it is they will need to get onto these communication networks.

I'm sure there are a lot of bored people who would enjoy the thrill of using a "secret underground network". It also ensures that super retards who can't use technology don't get on to here.

just like make your own internet man

Until some 'made with

then just communicate with a ncurses program over ssh. let's see what the faggots do when they make an app to parse the output, and then it breaks when we modify the interface a little bit

The sensible ones will just stop using your shit entirely, Mr Poettering.

Ironically, the U.S. is one of the few countries NOT a signatory of ICERD and it's "hate speech incitement" code, whereas most of the European fucknuggets are.

Enjoy your Gayssot Act as you take ream more Muslim dick up your exposed asshole, you Swedish cuck.

I mean, this is actually a feasible option. You can revive locally run LAN networks if you can get your neighbors involved. It'll be just like how social networking was before the invention of TCP, like those messaging computers in Berkeley in the 60s and 70s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_United_States
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

We would need books and documentation on how to set something like that up from scratch. Is anything like that in the gentoomen's library?

i do believe a wireless solution is necessary. it's difficult to just go up and cut some wires to bring down the network, they have to actively jam it with transmitters (which would disrupt "legitimage" wifi also). thus, has a good point

Seriously? You're literally just setting up a big LAN network Just get some Network Switches, routers, and a bunch of 50ft Ethernet cables

Oh so my normalfag neighbors are just going to set up their own servers running every application that they need to be independent on their own?
Thanks, user. I'll be sure to go ask the 70 year old woman and the immigrants who live near me to get their Postfix running so that I can email them and ask for a cooking recipe.

Pfft, who said anything about NORMALFAG neighbors? Why would you want normalfags on your new private internet?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_France
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The opening statement of that article is flawed. Surveillance and decryption =/= censorship

Sounds like Globalist butthurt tbh

Who lives near anybody but normalfags? Holla Forumsnicians make up a fraction of a percent of the population, even in cities (thanks to the fact that there's these huge swaths of suburbs).
Maybe if you live in a downtown apartment in a tech city like San Fran or Seattle, but otherwise you're shit out of luck for anybody who's heard the word "Linux" within a few miles of yourself.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was a large population of Linuxfags in my city. The problem is that most Linux users have legit autism so you don't see them in public and the few times you do they're too socially awkward to even talk too.

I think you overestimate the population of linuxfags. I have my tranportation, laptop, and shirts covered in tech-referencing things in an attempt to start a conversation with anybody who might recognize them. Nobody has once mentioned any of it, and I go outside semi-regularly.
Aside from 1 conversation that I had about SMTP on a bathroom wall and conversations that I have with people at tech conventions, I have never interacted spontaneously with a real human in real life about anything Linux-related.
I suppose some sort of testing could be done. It wouldn't be difficult to set up a simple BBS, print out some ads, and put them up around town in a similar way to bands marketing their shows.

I guess it depends on where you live. I live in Southern California so I know a lot of people who main on Linux. Yeah there are more Windows and Mac users here, but I'm saying its at the very least easy to find Linux users here on the west coast at least.
How many PCs actually run the GNU OS? I remember reading how Windows runs on nearly 2 billion PCs while GNU runs on something closer to about 200 million. But 200 million is still a lot of fucking people. That's more than the 2 best selling game consoles of all time, the Nintendo DS and Playstation 2 have sold by about 50 million.

The government will go bankrupt before that happens. Bitcoin will also prevent them from spying on you because ((( they ))) will have lost control of the money to pay for surveillance.

Those factors probably take into account chromebooks and other meme machines sold to poor Africans and Eastern Europeans. Those guys use the fuck out of Linux.
For reference, I live in Portland, OR, and most of the technically capable people here run Mac OS on their personal computers because they are college students who can't into actually doing work.
I'm looking at pricing out what it would cost to host a BBS to test this idea of how many Holla Forums-capable people there are in a given area. I wouldn't want to host it on my home network and risk my public IP being out there for all to see, so on a yearly cost it looks like:
$0.88 - .us domain name from namecheap
$20.25 - VPS from the cheapest option I could find on the front page of lowendbox
$0.00 - WWIV BBS Software
$?.?? - Printing out and stapling up fliers and ads all over the city
The only potential hurdle I see is that maybe I'm not autistic enough to pull it off, but the documentation for WWIV (docs.wwivbbs.org/en/latest/) seems pretty well laid out, so I don't foresee it being that difficult. I'll do a test setup of it tonight on a local computer before I start spending money on things.

stupid alacrity

I think we need meshnets with point to point laser links to maximize bandwidth and prevent the possibility of jamming or interference form other peoples routers since everyone seems to just use default frequencies.
The question is can such routers be made cheaply, and how many other nodes should each node connect with? There has to be a limit to the latter question for $ reasons, but I'm thinking a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 seems reasonable.

been reading about meash networks and i want to try them out.
i tried Serval, which is an android app,but its not udpated anymore and requires root to create a mesh
i found project byzantium for computers but its not being updated anymore

is there anything else?
+ if it works on phones and computers

NNTPchan on i2p
emvykufthqjgudpldo7tj26j57z4q2b6at6vmrfo6jxnvozmultq.b32.i2p/

You use Tor to log into Facebook?

I know for a fact that London is chock full of autists, I'm in contact with alot of them via Telegram

Not possible. We will just go back to the late-90s where sites existed but were largely unknown and were spread via word of mouth. Government can't find my site if it's not popular enough to be detected by their thought police.

Shit like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Halfchan exist to herd the masses. 8ch is a little bit more off the radar, nut as much as an obscure site like saff (one of the more obscure site I could think of) would be.

You can't hide with Google. Even if their front-page algorithm is absolutely fucking trash right now, they still have spiderbots crawling the entire clearnet. If it can't search for your "sekret club" site directly, it will still find some normalfag mentioning it on a forum (which is what happened to 8ch).

That does nothing. Even if the site is locally hosted [in my basement]. The government would have to physically seize the server, and to do that they would have a warrant which would require probable cause.

Once that happens we've become a 1984 dystopia anyways, and there's no reason to live anymore to begin with.

What kind of Internet does North Korea have? How do we build also an internet that is inherently difficult to control, centralize, and censor?

ebin shimpost bol

I can't seem to stop running into linuxfags in my city. Everyone around here uses linux, both old people who don't know shit about computers, and young people. The only exception is university students forced to use windows and ultra lib-shits that pozz themselves up with crapple.

If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that one guy could set up postfix/dovecot/roundcube somewhere, set up email accounts for grandma, cletus, and thousands of other people, and they could access it through their browser, just like they use gmail.

Relevant:

- Why use DNS at all? Just make encrypted lists of raw ip addresses.
- Or just put everything on Tor hidden services.
- Use occasional ham packet radio to connect local wifi meshnets on a wider basis.
- Return to anonymous usenet mailservers for public communication

It's 99% dialup

that would be antisemitic

Government crackdown on the net is a good thing, it will drive normalfags away and bring back the regulated prosperity of the 90s.

Unironically this, when 95% of the web disappears and people are required to pay a federal fee and apply for web IDs it'll be wildwest for the hackers capable of getting around it. Millennials and GenZfags would kill themselves en masse.

bumpo

normies already use 5 websites at most, unless its searching something from school with google.
they dont care if 99%websites disapear
the gibment its not dumb to shut down normie sites

GenZ was born into the web world

You wouldn't know what to do without it.

The internet needs a good purge anyways. The death of net neutrality will cordon off and isolate the ebbing horde of normalfags to their little containment zones, and outside of those we can be free once again -- not only free to pursue our own desires, but free from the disease of normalfsgs pursing theirs.

We spent our school days building sneakernets for video games and finding workarounds for internet censorship, I'm sure we'll manage.

Gen Z here.
Did not have the Internet until I was 8.
Didn't start using it seriously until I was 12.

That's the status of a lot of countries.
Remember Cock.li getting raided ?
One "bomb threat" to the US and you can say goodbye to your email-server.
Not only do they take the HDD witch forces you to change your keys and certificates, but they took the backup too later on.
A bunch of years later and they still haven't send the poor guy his HDD's back. i had pictures of my cat on it

Theses skill do get lost.
They only appear if the most popular and time wasting websites do get blocked. If 9gag, YouTube and Facebook get blocked, you will have a class who knows how to use proxies.
The more the school does block the more bypass knowledge will appear. The problem today is that Universities do not block it.
If universities would block good portions of the unscientific normie-web perhaps more IT students would be asked how to bypass this crap.

The only hope there is for more IT knowledge to spread to the normalfags is if the main DNS get DDOS'd again, but this time for a bunch of months.

Approximately the same here. hi NSA

Who said anything about university?

The idea is that teens / youg adults in University would be more productive in Uni, or able to resist the future Total-Control or shutdown of the Clearnet if they had to bypass normie web censorship.

There's stuff like this:
github.com/lulzlabs/AirChat

You can get even more obscure.
gopher://gopher.su/

Block all packets from google subnets. Or do they run spiders from somewhere else too?

They actually block a significant number of websites at my uni, including Holla Forums.

Although work arounds are easy, they allow vpn connections out.

lol nice larping. Changing HTTP to HTTPS to get around the 4chan block in middle school doesn't make you 1337.

Point is GenZfags born after 1997 have grown up in the social media web 3.0 age, the web being thrown back into the 90s would destroy your world view.

See written above, you're still wired as an adult.

No, but figuring out that you can run executables from certain hidden directories, taking advantage of the python install to get a fully functional CMD replacement, figuring out that starting a debugger shuts off all the tools they use to monitor what you're doing, using XSS to build a hidden website for games on your school website and using the sticky keys-system trick to install tor are what I'd call pretty good for a bunch of 14/15 year olds.

Why on Earth would it have such a catastrophic effect on our worldview? You're exaggerating, we're not going to die because we don't have flashy transitions.

what is a chilling effect

One of the mesh protocols (BATMAN/OLSR/802.11-S) as the physical network with everything piped through I2P to make it both secure and anonymous in one feel swoop would be ideal.

You guys should really have Rumble on your phone in case of SHTF. It's on Fdroid.

This right here. You still need servers, but NNTPchan is cool.

If you use Aktie, which runs inside I2P, the you've got distributed forums, distributed groups, distributed private messaging, and distributed file sharing all in one app. Since it only runs inside I2P, it's safe and secure. Plus anonymous.
Replace IRC with URC inside I2P and you've got distributed instant messaging and distributed channels. Plus the security and anonymnimity of I2P!
Look at that! You've basically saved the internet all together! The only thing missing is audio/video calling, and then you have Tox. You can't put two-way a/v streaming inside an anonymization network of course, but it's still encrypted.

It's literally 100% possible already if every computer nerd got on the same page and rose up together. The only thing to do after that make it easy for everyone else to use.

Making a backup of lib gen would be a good idea. So much knowledge.

ok

I take it you're European? What kind of shit-tier school blocks websites?

Where? Can't find it.
very secure

NOt him, but you can actually do this. Facebook supports ToR

facebookcorewwwi.onion/

They also use PGP

qt onyan

bump

enjoy not being able to engage in private communication of any form other than whispering to someone beside you (which will still be recorded in the city from some microphone or camera) because:
USA isn't any different in this aspect than the rest of the world. The only difference is slight changes in the list:
Sharia states:
West Europe:
China/North Korea:
Russia:

Are you saying racism is used as an excuse to intensify the surveillance? Can you post some examples? I can only think about the menace of "cyberbullying", which can be an expression of racism in some cases, I guess (never heard of those though)

I welcome it with open arms if it'll finally give the skids infesting this board the punishment they deserve: 50 cal to the skull.

doesn't matter, faggot

There are user agent that make you able to use facebook without javascript. With my random agent spoofer I have sometimes those user agent. Will check for you which it is next time

i love molydoo memes

Is your agent spoofer the one included with uMatrix?

What are "anti hate speech" laws?

Imageboards are already dead, they're just going to remove the corpse.

Not the user you responded too.
He means this
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/random-agent-spoofer/
This software should be incorporated in the Tor browser.
It has some many things in it besides the user agent spoofing capabilities.

In the shit country that is france the new laws make it possible to legally persecute anyone who says for example "your product is shit"
And sojucs have began to appear in france too.
A few days ago on the RTL radio they talked about how manspreading is awful.
Anyway racism in france is also an excuse used to intensify the surveillance.
And the government is asking for people to report on anyone on their platform PHAROS.
Just like the gestapo in the 40s:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo
PHAROS:
web.archive.org/web/20170619161355/https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/charlie-hebdo-pharos-anti-terrorism/
thalesgroup.com/en/critical-information-systems-and-cybersecurity/news/pharos-how-report-illegal-unwanted-and-harmful
internet-signalement.gouv.fr/PortailWeb/planets/Accueil!input.action

Won't the natural evolution of language ensure censure free conversation like dang replacing damn on the radio or google replacing nigger on the internet? They can't censure you if they dont understand you and only your l33t [email protected]/* */ [email protected]/* */ fry&s will get your cool future information. Aside from that, globally monitoring billions of people and making sure they can't engage in hate speech sounds labor intensive and unrewarding.

NNTPchan! Or some other decentralized imageboard. We have two (major) enemies right now: shitty admins and shitty governments. Governments will shut us down or buy us from shitty admins and subvert. Decentralize the infrastructure hosting our imageboards and we will create the Promised Chan!

Clearly there isn't one because here we all are.